The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

I think if Rangers beat Zeta and the next draw looks easy we will do a deal for Naismith. Still think there is something strange in the whole dealings of it 2 mil on whittaker yet cant afford the same for Naismith.

Dont make much of a difference like big KING Broadfoot can play anywhere icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Naismith will still come to us, can't see him wanting to go to Celtic, they have an abundance of attacking options already and he will have seen what happened to Riordan last year.

Still not convinced we NEED him but think we will get him

• SI Staff
Still think there is something strange in the whole dealings of it 2 mil on whittaker yet cant afford the same for Naismith.

I think it's because we're short of right sided defensive options which Whittaker can bring. He can also play in midfield as well.

We've got Burke, McCulloch and Novo who can all play attacking on the right side, and possibly even Buffel too, but I would still like to see Naismith come in now.

nice to see Whittaker come in as he's a player I rate icon14.gif bit like McCulloch on the money front though, not sure if he's really worth that - but with Thomson and Brown going for their pot of money, I guess that's the going price now

Originally posted by Ter:

I think it's because we're short of right sided defensive options which Whittaker can bring. He can also play in midfield as well.

We've got Burke, McCulloch and Novo who can all play attacking on the right side, and possibly even Buffel too, but I would still like to see Naismith come in now.

After another Adam shocker, i'd rather we got Naismith to play on the left.

I notice there is no pictures of Whittaker with the Gers top on in the website yet, usually when we buy someone it's usually Gers top + interview

could this be a joint unveiling? unless it happens tomorrow obviously icon_biggrin.gif can't wait for FF to explode at the weekend if Naismith decides to join the dark side icon14.gif

Originally posted by gavinkil:

I actually think Whittaker might play quite often as right back ie Hutton's place is not guarenteed.

Smith said in todays papers that they will form a partnership, so presumabley Whittaker will be right mid.

Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

how the **** do you say that team's name? icon_biggrin.gif

I prefer Red Star Belgrade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's probably not PC these days icon_frown.gif

Can't complain, we weren't ever going to get an easy draw in this competition but it could have been alot worse, if we play to our strengths and get past Zeta I think we have what it takes to go through to the groups.

Originally posted by gavinkil:

Rangers probably got the easiest draw cant seem to see any other draw I would rather have icon_smile.gif

BATE Borisoc vs KH Har...... is one one. Steaua practically have a walkover

Interesting match for Rangers, need a decent lead from the first leg, Red Star are good at home

Will this ever end

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/6930251.stm

Naismith to stay on at Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith has withdrawn his transfer request to leave the Rugby Park club.

The 20-year-old handed a letter to manager Jim Jeffries on Friday morning saying that he also wants to apologise to the Killie supporters.

The Scotland international is now looking forward to the season ahead with the Ayrshire side.

Rangers failed with repeated offers for Naismith over the summer, while Celtic enquired about a possible move.

However, Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies claimed the Scottish champions had failed to follow up a verbal offer.

Naismith submitted a written transfer request after becoming frustrated during the long-running transfer saga.

And Kilmarnock immediately put a £2m price-tag on their prize asset, who has three years of his contract to run.

Hibs and Hearts also approached Kilmarnock but neither Edinburgh club tabled a realistic offer.

Originally posted by Richie P:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

Rangers probably got the easiest draw cant seem to see any other draw I would rather have icon_smile.gif

BATE Borisoc vs KH Har...... is one one. Steaua practically have a walkover

Interesting match for Rangers, need a decent lead from the first leg, Red Star are good at home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree even Astana / Rosenborg would have been a better draw in my oppinion rosenborg aren't that good anymore, no where near what they used to be but i still think Red Star are a good side also would have taken Zurich, Debrecen/Salzburg another one, there are a few easier teams we could have got than Red Star Belgrade, plus we don't have the greatest track record vs Red Star icon_frown.gif

Much better performance so far. Ferguson playing well despite the dodgy windy conditions. Fantastic goal though. Beasley could have had a goal if he had a bit more conviction. He is very fast though. Looks good. Boyd unlucky hitting the bar. I thought it was in. Hasn't done much else though. Cuellar is looking like a rock and came close at the end of first half. ICT havn't done much though. All in all, a decent performance.

*touches wood*

Archived