The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sav112:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Top of the League icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

You a Falkirk Fans then? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@14.35 icon_razz.gif

Well with the Rangers Fans getting put in the spot light for the "Sectarian" chantings i decided to see what our sectarian F word really means.

Fe·ni·an /ˈfiniən, ˈfinyən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fee-nee-uhn, feen-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. a member of an Irish revolutionary organization founded in New York in 1858, which worked for the establishment of an independent Irish republic.

2. (in late Irish legends) a member of a group of warriors always ready to defend Ireland against its enemies.

And there it is from http://dictionary.refrence.com

no excuse for the fans today chanting 'FTP'

Originally posted by McNeil:

Well with the Rangers Fans getting put in the spot light for the "Sectarian" chantings i decided to see what our sectarian F word really means.

Fe·ni·an /ˈfiniən, ˈfinyən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fee-nee-uhn, feen-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. a member of an Irish revolutionary organization founded in New York in 1858, which worked for the establishment of an independent Irish republic.

2. (in late Irish legends) a member of a group of warriors always ready to defend Ireland against its enemies.

the thing is, the name "fenian" is used by celtic fans..... the jungle bhoys have a banner that shows this.

How they can be all offended by this is beyond me.

As I have said, I really hope this is going to be a level playing field, Although I have my doubt.

Originally posted by Gary Toner:

If they are going down the route of trying to wipe out "offensive" songs they should be wary about the can of worms they are about to open.

the thing is they wnt go down the route of banning offensive songs, as it would mean the banning of Flower of Scotland.

Originally posted by jimbo22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by McNeil:

–noun

the thing is, the name "fenian" is used by celtic fans..... the jungle bhoys have a banner that shows this.

How they can be all offended by this is beyond me.

As I have said, I really hope this is going to be a level playing field, Although I have my doubt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

easy explanation for that, when rangers fans started calling themselves "the billy boys" celtic started calling themselves "the fenian boys" and thats where the song originated from.

Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Reported - bigots like you will NOT be tolerated.

i am not a bigot that was a quote from a website, many of my friends are catholic and we get on fine so it really annoys me when people call me that icon_mad.gif bigots are people who hate catholics and im quite the opposite, i judge a person on there personality not there religion it matters not to me what religion you are, as the adverts say 1 scotland, MANY CULTURES

• SI Staff

Was a really good result yesterday, not an easy place to go and we won with ease.

I took my mate along to watch the game (he also watched the game v Chelsea) and he was astonished that Nacho Novo didn't start and was even more astonished to learn that he was nearly sold for less than a million last season. Was saying he would love to have a player like that at Everton.

In short, Nacho must start. He has deserved it.

I thought Beasley was pish yesterday as well.

I thought Beasley was pish yesterday as well.

didn't help he had Tokely thugging and clogging away at him the whole game - one of my worries was he was a bit too lightweight, but at least he can cross better than Burke

Celtic probably already a point ahead of us anyway when the SFA get the claws in to public enemy No1 icon_cool.gif

apparently there wasn't enough atmosphere for Celtic fans to even sing "offensive" songs today icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by TM:

Celtic probably already a point ahead of us anyway when the SFA get the claws in to public enemy No1 icon_cool.gif

apparently there wasn't enough atmosphere for Celtic fans to even sing "offensive" songs today icon_cool.gif

Yeah I've already reported them to the SFA anyway icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Ter:

I took my mate along to watch the game (he also watched the game v Chelsea) and he was astonished that Nacho Novo didn't start and was even more astonished to learn that he was nearly sold for less than a million last season. Was saying he would love to have a player like that at Everton.

In short, Nacho must start. He has deserved it.

Must remember though that his form in Eck's last season had been abysmal and that move to Coventry looked decent value for us at the time.

But you're right, he's pulled things back since Livorno and should be in Tuesday night's starting XI on merit, no matter the situation with Boyd.

Guest sav112

I was scared to listen to the last 20 minutes of the killie game just in case I jinxed it for the Gers. Shame about the injuries all the same, first game and the Managers game plan is in tatters for Killie.

Sounded like Celtic had a few coo’s arses up front today.

• SI Staff

I would think that the team will be similar to the one that beat ICT at the weekend, with Novo possibly replacing Beasley and Darcheville in for Boyd if he doesn't make it.

Broadfoot at right back please, no Ian Murray!

Erm, where exactly is the Zeta game being played?

On bet365 it says its being played at a neutral venue, I take it there ground isn't big enough. Also, I don't think it is clear cut that we will be playing Red Star, they are 1-0 up but have to travel to Estonia. We all thought we would be playing Kaunas in this round.

• SI Staff
Yep, Zeta game is on BBC with a 7.05pm kick off

Better no be, I thought it was a 7.30 kick off as I've a match at 7pm (1 hour) and was going to get down the pub to watch the second half icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep, Zeta game is on BBC with a 7.05pm kick off

Better no be, I thought it was a 7.30 kick off as I've a match at 7pm (1 hour) and was going to get down the pub to watch the second half icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwww poor you! xx

Originally posted by Utter Utter Loser (Ned):

I've got so far

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

McGregor

? Weir Cuellar Papac

? Ferguson Hemdani McCulloch

Darcheville Novo

</pre>

RM could be Beasley, or perhaps Hemdani there with Thomson in midfield? Any clue who'd be likely to come off the bench if you were comfortable in the second half?

Thomson is a cert and rightly so. Also Its an away game in europe with Smith in charge, so that means only one up front.

im hoping boyd isnt fit to start.

the way novo has been performing, and with the pace available to us up front, it looks likely to get us a few goals.

mibbes boyd realising he isnt guaranteed a starting spot, especially if we are performing and scoring, will give him a big enough boot up the erse to sort him out.

walter says broadfoot is likely to take huttons place tonight

Archived