[FM 17] If You’re Not First, You’re Last Redux – Redemption For The “Nearly Men” Of Europe

ManUtd1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Congrats on the comeback win!

Nevermind that - what the actual **** is Bob gonna do now?

Thanks, man! At and before halftime, I was feeling less than optimistic!

I sure it will not surprise anyone to learn that Bob is of two minds about what comes next. The human half-and-half scarf!

5 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Will you be doing this Overload tactic at your next club?

Without a doubt.

:hammer:

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Once again. :applause:

Thanks, man :D

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

30+ years into the career, Hakan must be getting on a bit.. perhaps it's about time he invested in a Spanish villa

As I've said before, Hakan's endgame is in mind and written, for the most part. I've got to see what opens up in terms of managerial vacancies.

35 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Crazy, crazy career! Look forward to see what is next.

Thanks, man - sorry I had to do that to Leeds :eek:

Just now, kidthekid said:

Berezin was worth the money

I'll screenshot him later. Totally worth the money, as we were weaker than I would have wanted at CB/CM. No doubt in my mind that he put us over the top. 

If Hakan lands a club job quickly, I may try to bring him on board...but, I probably won't be able to afford him :lol:

10 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Congrats on the comeback win!

Nevermind that - what the actual **** is Bob gonna do now?

Probably with some Belgian sorts in a celebratory mood, showing them the English way of Grapefrukt.

38 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Probably with some Belgian sorts in a celebratory mood, showing them the English way of Grapefrukt.

Trappist beers, grapefruit and Belgian women...Bob is set for the weekend!

1 hour ago, Sheriff7 said:

Awesome mate with Club brugge!! maybe you could follow the money direction now and go to a club in China.....:D

Hahaha...not a chance of me going to China! The save will continue within its fundamental ground rules, it definitely won't change, and isn't ending any time soon :D

1 hour ago, Mysterio Jr. said:

Been a silent reader for a while and a very entertaining story this is. Although you were playing my arch(or should it be ****)-enemy. Keep this story running!

Thank you for reading and commenting! Glad you're enjoying it!

@Mysterio Jr. I should also apologize for the liberties I took with the Kiwi tycoon who took over at Anderlecht! He was an easy mark, and adversary for Toothless/Belgian Bob...maybe we'll see him again, but only in good fun!

Smuggling koalas into Belgium is no laughing matter, sir.

Cristiano’s Letter to the Catalans; 2 Cristiano 8:1-24

Cristiano, a servant of The Holy Football, called to be an apostle, separated to the Gospel of Sir Fergie, which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures of Marca, concerning Crisitano, who was born of the immaculate seed and declared to be the Second Son with the power of Him.  Through Cristiano we have received grace and glory and wine and women and body paint.  Grace to you and peace from Cristiano.

First, I Cristiano thank my God through myself for you all, that your faith in the Midget Beast has relented, and that you now speak of your faith in Me throughout the whole world.  For, as I, Cristiano, am My own witness, whom I serve with My spirit in the Gospel of Cristiano, that without the ceasing I mention of you always in My prayers.  That you find your way in the will of Myself, who will come to you.  For I long to see you, that I might impart to you some spiritual gift of My bodily fluids, so that you may be established – that is, that I may be encouraged together by the mutual faith of you and Me.  That I may have some fruit among you also, while flexing and roaring like the Lion on the Serengeti.

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of the Me, Cristiano, for it is the power of Me to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Madrileno and also the Manc.  For in it the righteousness of The Cristiano is revealed from faith to Me.  As it is written, “The just shall live by the Cristiano.”

For the wrath of The Cristiano is revealed from Ibiza against all who suppress the truth in Cristiano, for My “attributes” are clearly seen when the early shackles of clothing are excuseded, as they are on My Mount.  Because, although they knew The Cristiano, they did not glorify Me as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened by dreams of the Midget Beast.  Professing to be wise, they became fools and changed the glory of the incorruptible Cristiano into this little silly Midget Beast, who romped about like a foolish leprechaun dancing on the graves of The Cristiano’s soul.  Why, why dance, little leprechauns?  Do you not know the Love of Your Cristiano?  Why are you scared of the Love of Your Cristiano?

For this reason, The Cristiano gave them up to vile passions.  For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature, and no longer sought to lather The Cristiano with oil and feed Him His peeled grapes.

Therefore you are inexcusable, you Catalonian cules, whoever you are to judge.  But we know that the judgment of The Cristiano to truth against those who practice such things.  Repent.  Honor and obey.  For Now the righteousness of His Cristiano is revealed being witnessed by The Twitter and The Instagram. 

Now is The Cristiano.  Me.  Your Cristiano.

Edited by ManUtd1

I was on a very strong horse tranquilizer today...wasn't waving hello to anybody. Except...maybe to a horse...?

863px-Club_Brugge_KV_logo.svg.thumb.png.eac0adabafcf89b84092be7da231493b.png

Club Brugge KV

2049/50 Season Review

Let me say this.  Whoever decided that we should return to Bruges by boat is a ****ing genius.  A boat from Berlin…to Bruges, you ask?  Yes.  Exactly.  By way of the Battered Ram in Majorca…just for a quick pint or two with the locals.

Hampus, Ludwig and the old guard from Malmo were there, for old times’ sake. It’s hard to believe this journey began so many years ago, at the Swedbank.  So much water under the bridge over the intervening years.

Yes, I’m in a nostalgic mood.  Malmo. Fiorentina.  Apples.  The twins.  Everything in between.  Good memories, all.  Begging the question, where does this road take me next? 

Apples is off for the summer, helping Papa Quintino with the family business.  (Emma is in a bit of a snit about this, as they’d originally planned a trip to the Greek isles, just the two of them.)  Ludwig is taking the twins to the States for the World Cup with Hampus...a trip that, the less I know about, probably the better.  I plan to lounge about the French countryside at the family compound, drinking wine and watching football. 

I cannot help but feel that my time at Brugge is ending too soon.  We’ve got a brilliant young keeper, some talented prospects in defense and central midfield, and an attacking trident to rival anyone (even if Alonso and others are eyeing potential moves abroad).  The tactics have come together, and we can play with anyone on any given day.  This would be a fearsome lot in their pomp…we’re still in our infancy. 

That being said, the time has come to move on.  The French countryside awaits.  Emma is going to hate having me around all summer.

Goals for 2050/51: Get a new job, and take strikerless mayhem to new heights.  Hopefully see a good World Cup.

Squad|League Overview|Finances Overview|Income Detail|Expenditures Detail|Transfers

Jupiler Pro League Fixtures|JPL Championship Group Fixtures|Champions League Fixtures|Croky Cup Fixtures

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

Champions League Review

This is thoroughly documented above.  Nevertheless, quite the year.  Very enjoyable to see Tottenham, Kyiv and Wes Snjeider's Rennes pushing for eligibility.  I think Rennes and Leipzig are the most likely sides to become eligible.

a224f2e5a3fa49e0e6cf837230d08c14.jpg dd0ad9a5ef16732d70096a1fbc963d68.jpg

01144986cb510ed7016b517025c98f7b.jpg

Challenge Overview

13fb902d84b1574233610d9197f19617.png

39b12a4a9b16d31958552cb48d7dd501.png

Edited by ManUtd1
Fixing overview screenshot

A very quick look at Europe...Ligue 1 has surpassed the Premier League as the top league in Europe!  Other notable things...Liverpool once again escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth.  Fiortentina's Renaissance continues, while some of the former "big" clubs continue to struggle.

34744f2bcd07a961eeceef4f22485c3a.jpg 1dc6fffd0c8aa68c1cb22e68cfd0c4cb.jpg 2c14166c2d3beb1bebc2198641a52e44.jpg b761b2816e0ab87f02223675bca77a81.jpg d85ebe729a6db6653c7fcaea44ab1233.jpg

Up next: the World Cup 2050!

Just now, kidthekid said:

The book of Cristiano must be the most narcissistic book ever written

The 10 Commandments are priceless.  And, yes, they will appear in here.  :lol:

The letter to the Catalans was a nice touch. I though I saw Galatians, then I had to reread it. I wonder which other letters will be in the book. Letters to the Rojiblancos, Gunners?

1 minute ago, kidthekid said:

The letter to the Catalans was a nice touch. I though I saw Galatians, then I had to reread it. I wonder which other letters will be in the book. Letters to the Rojiblancos, Gunners?

The Midget Beast is a foul temptress.  The masses must be warned of his vile nature.

Image result for world cup trophy

United States 2050 -- World Cup, Group Stage Recap

What a summer.  Beautiful weather.  Nothing on the horizon, in terms of work.  The house is quiet, with Apples, Ludwig and the twins gone.  And, wonder of all wonders, Emma has decided to watch some matches with me.

At first, I thought she was only there to try and make Apples regret skipping out on their trip to the Greek Isles.  I even tried to support England, to make her feel more welcome.  But, as it turns out, she really knows her stuff.

It's been nice being able to just spend some time with her, away from all of the insanity of our usual, daily lives.  Again, oddly enough, I think she feels the same.

We've been bonding over more than just the matches, too.  Ludwig keeps sending great photos of the boys on tour in the States, and who knew that she was such a big fan of Celtic/Finnish neo-folk music?  I mean...what are the odds she'd be a fan of Unissakävelijät, too?!

Anyway.  On to the knockout rounds!  We've got some excellent wine for Denmark-England...I'm breaking out the good stuff now that we're at the stage where matches truly count...

c994fb83488b86b957e3935ccba0f54c.png d4f936bc38d872319df86bb828f75170.png

60c7bc28fabcc01589330bccbcecf3de.png

United States 2050 -- World Cup, Second Round Recap

Denmark-England did not disappoint, with the English going out on penalties.  Emma was distraught, and couldn't sleep.  So, we stayed up all night watching Johnny Depp movies and talking.

Chocolat was a revelation.  Emma just couldn't believe that I had never seen it before.  She teased me mercilessly.  We had ... a moment, there ... I think.  But, that's all it was, wasn't it?!

40932f4ac229401819894a11cdcadac4.png

804d2efe9021f128ed6aa0a1898b148b.png

United States 2050 -- World Cup, Quarterfinals Recap

More football.  More wine.  More time with Emma.  I must be losing my mind.  As the matches have grown fewer, somehow we've found ourselves spending even more time together.

Walking through the vinyards.  Strolling through the town after dark, when the tourists have all retired for the night.  Last night, she slipped her arm through mine, and rested her head on my shoulder.  Apples would castrate me if she had seen, no doubt certain that I was messing about.  Thank **** the paparazzo weren't around.

Apples never wanted Emma and I to be close.  She's too insecure.  It's absurd, really.

fb097c207043ceba1095dcb5703ce76f.png

376dc50b73a4487b4e358e02e84f088a.png

United States 2050 -- World Cup, Semifinals/Final Recap

Only a precious few days of the World Cup remain.  I feel ... young again.  Foolish.  Ready to leap off the tallest building in Provence, to prove that I can in fact fly.

What am I doing?!  More wine.  More Johnny Depp movies.  More talking all night.  Holding hands.  Feeling her breathe, as she falls asleep on my chest.

I know that I'm in trouble.  I don't care.  I have to talk to Emma before Apples comes home in a few days.  This can't be what I think it is.  I fear it will be the end of this glorious, restless summer, but I cannot bear another moment of this.  Not knowing what any of it means.  Her barbed voice, echoing in my dreams.

af69255234cdad31a10a680d6c2985e7.jpg 56c96ae9dafdca66b9a571c62b951209.jpg

96afc4dda45adc1d0e8e810b7f9d6991.jpg

39fc152db9a601dab899ac582c7e6bac.png

58878c8ff94bb172634e503e2b415dcb.jpg

Scotland are not only eligible now...their manager retired.

8aace22b0d27feb76cc1c349c0918934.jpg eea5f6d2c5229992ed5e24e5ec594a03.jpg

The media are already speculating, and yes, I am interested.  But...I have to talk with Emma.  I can't leave without resolving this...whatever this is....

d9c6150a1c165477113511be5384a6bd.png 

Edited by ManUtd1

Scotland! Geez, can't believe they popped up!

8 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Guiseppe is still kicking around, too.

e99f66608d9546c6d4d7e394f7f6b7f1.jpg 

Ahhh, poor 'ol Rossi, have to imagine him prowling the technical area with a walking cane.

6 hours ago, Joe. said:

Scotland would be awesome! Though I was hoping Colombia would get knocked out sooner and sack their boss 

I was really hoping for Colombia, too. Scotland...never expected that, but am thrilled. Denmark would have been amazing, too.

5 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

First it was Apples and Hakan, then Apples and Emma, now it's Emma and Hakan. The triangle has been completed...

Don't forget Ludwig, back in his Sonic Death Penguin days! 

5 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Scotland! Geez, can't believe they popped up!

Ahhh, poor 'ol Rossi, have to imagine him prowling the technical area with a walking cane.

So many Trainspotting and Braveheart references to make...

He's on a scooter. Massive fall risk any other way. Poor guy gets injured by a light breeze.

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

I can feel the Glengarrie ghosts awakening. This is going to be great.

Glad others are as excited about it as I am!

49 minutes ago, LUFCspeni said:

Would love a Scottish project!

It could be great fun, especially with the Brexit I got (I'm pretty sure the UK left the EU, meaning that foreign player restrictions may be a consideration, depending on the club).

Edited by ManUtd1

Do you shee the beasht?  Have you got it in your shights?  Clear enough, Missh Moneypenneh! This should preshent no shignificant problemsh!

photo.jpg

July 2050 Mini-Update

I'm off to Hampden for the unveiling.  Apples came home a day early, to surprise us.  Words have been left unspoken, as all my plans were shattered by Apples' sudden appearance.  I thus leave with a heavy heart, meaningful looks shared across the room.  I fear the moment has passed.  That the summer of '50 will be forever marked by moments that have passed us by.

I must bury myself in the fitba.  On the positive side of the ledger, this is a young, hungry Scottish side.  I still need to evaluate them closely, but there is good potential here.  Rae and Hutton will be the spine of the team in 4 years, and again in 8.

We'll be playing the PM Branco di Libero suite of strikerless tactics, from my time at Brugge.  

The big question being, where (if anywhere) will I base my club operations, to supplement the national side?  Scotland is not part of the EU, which could complicate things.

898bca01b8ff7a19847ea0ea65c4b844.png 5f875cdb39b8e67b022c449feb9b4e1c.jpg

d70e5e255755ede8d6b8e7a5cbfa8262.jpg

64a158e6d5f99c1e6f12706bbe14dbcc.jpg 8dc6e3472a1a40a032df820dc17ddc2a.jpg

Edited by ManUtd1

Excuse me, excuse me. I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation.

photo.jpg

September 2050 Mini-Update

First match with the World Cup finalists...away to Latvia in the Nations League C.  Frankly, it seems like we have some work to do.  We control utterly and completely, but cannot finish.  We manage a winner late, but the lads look like they're going to take some time to get used to the system.  I need a club side, to get them trained up, but nothing is opening up.  Frankly, a return to France might be a good thing...get me closer to...her.

Then, the big night.  My debut at Hampton against Belarus.  The lads' first night back since returning from the World Cup.  We are dominant, and give the Tartan Army the spectacle they deserve.  A 5-nil drubbing means that my tenure is off on the right foot.

In reality, though, the side is not particularly strong.  We've got a lot of work to do.

4378d8df61689a88bb35928d66292b7f.jpg 255e2c6ef3660883200c31ac4e287881.jpg

974095c80ff7a5a65c41a484add169f3.png

Excuse me, excuse me. I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation.

photo.jpg

October 2050 Mini-Update

Gentlemen.  It's a simple game.  We put the ball in the back of their net, and keep it out of ours.  Ok?  Honestly.  We need to score some goals.  That was dire.

With any luck the "right" club position will open up so I can start working on this.  We're nowhere near good enough.

I miss her.

e830141d0403aa08b214dc292c0e51cf.jpg 23199b4b6eca9e5ab1cac9ab9914f1d6.jpg

3a178b150a888cdda9adc185397d4496.png

Edited by ManUtd1

7 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Malmo are a disaster.

I'm surprised they're so poor, after 20 years of utter dominance (including after Hakan left).  Elfsorg's massive stadium doesn't hurt their standing.

0012b98568b11fe47f5a64fb77b3cd12.jpg 

photo.jpg

November 2050 Mini-Update

To win our Group and promotion to the Nations League B, we simply needed to beat Austria at Hampden.  We thumped them 3-nil, meaning that our final match away to Belarus was a dead-rubber.

I didn't change things up, in terms of our line-up.  We don't have as much depth as I'd like.  A solid win completed a competent campaign.

4 months until our next match, although the Euro qualifying groups will be drawn in mid-December.  The biggest question being whether a desirable position will open up.  I won't be staying in Edinburgh for the duration, some time back in France over the holidays will be good for me.

f528773660f40bc50224bfa1e23bec29.jpg 25ef302d86f618c91cdd3f0769f69fa2.jpg

6fe4670dfd7428b1520167d744b238b5.png

Oh wow! A lot of stuff happened while I was not on the forum! 

Congrats on the title with Brugge!

And at first I was sad that Denmark just slipped and missed their chance of being eligible but then Scotland emerges and it couldn't be much more perfect. :D

Lewking forward to this. 

2 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Oh wow! A lot of stuff happened while I was not on the forum! 

Congrats on the title with Brugge!

And at first I was sad that Denmark just slipped and missed their chance of being eligible but then Scotland emerges and it couldn't be much more perfect. :D

Lewking forward to this. 

Thanks, man!  Glad to have you back.

Ah will huv a go tae dae mah best by scootlund. 

Brugge had a rough group stage, but are through.

8318d1e58bcc03e5f864c4bf3251956a.png  5f1cbffd26f8a48125d64b42655d1bc0.jpg

b816190783a22a8b1665bf7c3ab1da28.png

And, a quick glance at Europe...

6fbd8f71025e2c19b8f3e6b701a04d88.jpg  

There may be news on the club front in the not-too-distant future...

Edited by ManUtd1