[FM 17] If You’re Not First, You’re Last Redux – Redemption For The “Nearly Men” Of Europe

ManUtd1

31 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Haha true. But, he plays as my central attacking midfielder, the "withdrawn targetman." His role is to create, not score!  

I'm shocked that sides aren't coming in for him right and left.

We will come right before transfer window shuts down, causing the player to become disgruntled.

- Big Clubs Insider

Edited by kidthekid

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, kidthekid said:

We will come right before transfer window shuts down, causing the player to become disgruntled.

- Big Clubs Representative

Could you at least put out your cigar and stop stroking that hairless cat while saying that?! 

I'm sorry I called you an inanimate object.

863px-Club_Brugge_KV_logo.svg.thumb.png.eac0adabafcf89b84092be7da231493b.png

Club Brugge KV

December 2048 Mini-Update

Pinch me, Ludwig.  This is utterly surreal.  While our domestic form is not much of a shock -- honestly, we should be dominating -- our form in Europe has been sublime.

Tightening up at the back by shifting fullbacks to a support duty was a critical move that's taken us over the top.  Still deadly going forward, but tighter at the back.  A big move that has paid off, especially with Berezin being injured for the past month.

We're on the verge of something truly great here.  If I can keep the side together.  If they continue to develop.

Lyon in the knockout rounds is a tough draw, but not an impossible one.  If we can sneak a result in France, anything is possible.

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

6fd9e08980e47e886703f708ef440110.jpg b01e97c378264006a4a64bdf4d4ff753.jpg 3b0cec4b3998dcd6c2d24a547eb3ea6a.jpg

05a1ce48059ebff5ee90b9b1dddeac9b.jpg

25ea136dbff230da8de2be3263a00f17.png ebc2607e50011de22421cf120ffff17a.jpg

0ab85c9666f4b37f07de737ea94dbd69.png

3eaa33b7d1b34832b195ab19e18f91ff.jpg

5 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Unbeaten in the group too. Poor Frankfurt though.

Kicking them around was both cause for celebration and dismay.

I'm trapped in a glass cage of emotion.

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, john1 said:

Surprised to see Chelsea and Barcelona finished bottom in their group :eek:

Good luck against Lyon :thup:

They've each had a run of tough years in Europe, recently.  Surprising, but not at all unwelcome. At some point in December, Mirandes was atop La Liga!

On 5/9/2017 at 21:34, wynter said:

One of the best scenes of all time <3

Somehow I missed that quote the first time around. Such a great movie and a lot of quality titles to be wrung from it.

"You're an inanimate ****in' object!"

"And I realized, **** man, maybe that's what hell is: the entire rest of eternity spent in ****in' Bruges. And I really really hoped I wouldn't die. I really really hoped I wouldn't die."

"It's a fairytale town, isn't it? How's a fairytale town not somebody's ****ing thing?"

"We only just got off the ****ing train! Could we reserve judgement on Bruges until we've seen the ****ing place?

Just reading through the quotes is cracking me up. Although damn it, I didn't make the connection on the Tottenham one either. Looks like I need to rewatch the movie.

Image result for cristiano ronaldo old man

Sorry Not Sorry...You Done Been Played! Christmas Super-Extravaganza!

Rush Transcript; Season 21, Episode 43.

FADE IN

Feeder's "Feeling A Moment" plays over a video montage -- Cristiano Ronaldo scoring for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Portugal, his trademark celebratory jump/spin/flex, sliding on his knees across the turf at the Bernabeu, gesticulating wildly on the sidelines at the Euro 2016 Final.  Frolicking with an endless parade of supermodels.  Tender moments with his son.  Smiling, laughing and clowning about with his mates, as the ravages of time begin to catch up.  Less hair, more body oil.  

Clips from past episodes now play as the chorus kicks in -- the time when Cristiano replaced Joe Hart's hair gel with ketchup, the time when he filled Pepe's Ferrari with custard...or, the classic episode where they slipped Mario Balotelli acid and sent him to a Furry convention on behalf of PETA.

The images and music fade, with the cameras now focusing on a familiar face emerging from behind a curtain in a television studio, dressed like Santa with a large bag slung over his back, a recurring character long-dubbed "Santa Cris."

The camera pans across the audience, who are on their feet applauding, basking in His reflected glory. Cristiano smiles, waves and shakes hands with those lucky enough to be in the front row.  Babies are offered for His blessing, His touch. His love.

CRISTIANO: Hello, hello, hello!  Thank you and good evening!  Welcome to the Christmas Soouuuper Extravaganza edition of Sorry Not Sorry...

CROWD (shouting in unison at the top of their lungs): YOU DONE BEEN PLAYED! 

CRISTIANO: Yes, yes, yes!  Hahaha! We are here, my show, yeah?  Where 120 nights out of the year we do the most outrageous, craziest pranks you've ever seen!  All right here!

The crowd claps and cheers, and all begin to dance as Cristiano Jr. spins his latest reggaeton/flamenco fusion single at full volume. The CR7 Dancers take the stage, gyrating hypnotically.

CRISTIANO (gesturing for quiet):  Tonight, tonight...we have a special show, yes?  Tonight is not the night for pranks, bikinis and bikinis...ok, maybe some bikinis!  Ok, ok...you want the bikinis?!

CROWD (shouting in unison): CRISTIANO!  RONALDO!  CRISTIANO! RONALDO!

CRISTIANO (smiling and nodding emphatically):  Hahahahaha, yes!!!  Hit it, Junior!

The crowd starts to whistle and stamp their feet as the CR7 Dancers emerge to the beat of Cristiano Jr's enthusiastic live cover of Baby Got Back.

As the song ends, the cameras focus on Santa Cris, sitting on a gilded throne, scantily-clad, beautiful elves of indeterminate gender surrounding Him, caressing His robe (and each other) in near-rapturous bliss.

CRISTIANO (with a twinkle in his eye): Yes, yes, tonight is a special night. It is, in fact, the night we celebrate the baby Jesus, who I always think about, lying in his manger, soft lullabies playing while his agent negotiates an image rights deal in perpetuity, his baby eyes a-glow with the passion for the football, yes? 

A single tear falls from Santa Cris' eye, as the crowd sways in reverie, a portrait of Cristiano as the Baby Jesus descending behind Him.

CRISTIANO: I think...tonight must not be about us, about our triumphs and wealth. It must be about the Baby Jesus and sharing with those less fortunate...

The crowd begins to shout agreement, many standing, arms raised in Cristiano's direction, crying tears of joy. Some appear to begin speaking in tongues.

CRISTIANO (gesturing again for quiet, a solemn look on His glistening face): That's right...that is the right! YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR!

The house band begins to play a raucous samba rhythm, as Santa Cris gyrates on stage, the elves removing the costume ritualistically.

CRISTIANO (cackling, as more models appear on stage to dance): LOOK UNDER YOUR SEATS! EVERYONE GETS AN EYEBROW LIFT AND TUSHY TUCK!!! EVERYONE!!!

The music continues as audience members fall to the floor, overcome with emotion and love for their Santa Cris. He walks among them, offering blessings, kisses and a gentle caress that promises...more, later.

The music eventually quiets to a smooth-jazz, accordion rendition of Never Gonna Give You Up.

CRISTIANO (voice-over): For years, my life has focused on the fame, my Glory. The Football. And ridiculing those who deign to think they were my equal, on the pitch, the dance floor or in the bedroom. No longer.  From today forward, I vow to live a life honouring the glory of I, the One who embodies the love of that Baby Jesus in my heart, the One who's loins give pleasure and honor to the world. Join me, Cristiano, at my Spiritual Retreat on Majorca, to learn His teachings, His pure love.  From Me, Cristiano. Your hero on the pitch, your Spiritual Guide in this life and beyond.  You can also learn and learn the Gospel of San Cristiano, in my podcast, My Sermon on the Mount, Cristiano Speaks.

FADE OUT

Edited by ManUtd1
Typos. Typos everywhere.

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Insanity. :lol:

1 hour ago, kidthekid said:

badab.gif

To be fair, Cristiano starting a cult and owning a large oil painting of himself as the baby Jesus are probably the most realistic/likely things to happen in here...

12 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

To be fair, Cristiano starting a cult and owning a large oil painting of himself as the baby Jesus are probably the most realistic/likely things to happen in here...

I'd be more inclined to believe the painting would be the adult Jesus on the cross, the most ripped and oiled Jesus ever, with such an exaggerated package it's more like a shipping container.

9 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

I'd be more inclined to believe the painting would be the adult Jesus on the cross, the most ripped and oiled Jesus ever, with such an exaggerated package it's more like a shipping container.

He keeps that one fastened to the ceiling above his bed.

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Image result for cristiano ronaldo old man

Sorry Not Sorry...You Done Been Played! Christmas Super-Extravaganza!

Rush Transcript; Season 21, Episode 43.

FADE IN

Feeder's "Feeling A Moment" plays over a video montage -- Cristiano Ronaldo scoring for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Portugal, his trademark celebratory jump/spin/flex, sliding on his knees across the turf at the Bernabeu, gesticulating wildly on the sidelines at the Euro 2016 Final.  Frolicking with an endless parade of supermodels.  Tender moments with his son.  Smiling, laughing and clowning about with his mates, as the ravages of time begin to catch up.  Less hair, more body oil.  

Clips from past episodes now play as the chorus kicks in -- the time when Cristiano replaced Joe Hart's hair gel with ketchup, the time when he filled Pepe's Ferrari with custard...or, the classic episode where they slipped Mario Balotelli acid and sent him to a Furry convention on behalf of PETA.

The images and music fade, with the cameras now focusing on a familiar face emerging from behind a curtain in a television studio, dressed like Santa with a large bag slung over his back, a recurring character long-dubbed "Santa Cris."

The camera pans across the audience, who are on their feet applauding, basking in His reflected glory. Cristiano smiles, waves and shakes hands with those lucky enough to be in the front row.  Babies are offered for His blessing, His touch. His love.

CRISTIANO: Hello, hello, hello!  Thank you and good evening!  Welcome to the Christmas Soouuuper Extravaganza edition of Sorry Not Sorry...

CROWD (shouting in unison at the top of their lungs): YOU DONE BEEN PLAYED! 

CRISTIANO: Yes, yes, yes!  Hahaha! We are here, my show, yeah?  Where 120 nights out of the year we do the most outrageous, craziest pranks you've ever seen!  All right here!

The crowd claps and cheers, and all begin to dance as Cristiano Jr. spins his latest reggaeton/flamenco fusion single at full volume. The CR7 Dancers take the stage, gyrating hypnotically.

CRISTIANO (gesturing for quiet):  Tonight, tonight...we have a special show, yes?  Tonight is not the night for pranks, bikinis and bikinis...ok, maybe some bikinis!  Ok, ok...you want the bikinis?!

CROWD (shouting in unison): CRISTIANO!  RONALDO!  CRISTIANO! RONALDO!

CRISTIANO (smiling and nodding emphatically):  Hahahahaha, yes!!!  Hit it, Junior!

The crowd starts to whistle and stamp their feet as the CR7 Dancers emerge to the beat of Cristiano Jr's enthusiastic live cover of Baby Got Back.

As the song ends, the cameras focus on Santa Cris, sitting on a gilded throne, scantily-clad, beautiful elves of indeterminate gender surrounding Him, caressing His robe (and each other) in near-rapturous bliss.

CRISTIANO (with a twinkle in his eye): Yes, yes, tonight is a special night. It is, in fact, the night we celebrate the baby Jesus, who I always think about, lying in his manger, soft lullabies playing while his agent negotiates an image rights deal in perpetuity, his baby eyes a-glow with the passion for the football, yes? 

A single tear falls from Santa Cris' eye, as the crowd sways in reverie, a portrait of Cristiano as the Baby Jesus descending behind Him.

CRISTIANO: I think...tonight must not be about us, about our triumphs and wealth. It must be about the Baby Jesus and sharing with those less fortunate...

The crowd begins to shout agreement, many standing, arms raised in Cristiano's direction, crying tears of joy. Some appear to begin speaking in tongues.

CRISTIANO (gesturing again for quiet, a solemn look on His glistening face): That's right...that is the right! YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR! AND YOU GET A CAR!

The house band begins to play a raucous samba rhythm, as Santa Cris gyrates on stage, the elves removing the costume ritualistically.

CRISTIANO (cackling, as more models appear on stage to dance): LOOK UNDER YOUR SEATS! EVERYONE GETS AN EYEBROW LIFT AND TUSHY TUCK!!! EVERYONE!!!

The music continues as audience members fall to the floor, overcome with emotion and love for their Santa Cris. He walks among them, offering blessings, kisses and a gentle caress that promises...more, later.

The music eventually quiets to a smooth-jazz, accordion rendition of Never Gonna Give You Up.

CRISTIANO (voice-over): For years, my life has focused on the fame, my Glory. The Football. And ridiculing those who deign to think they were my equal, on the pitch, the dance floor or in the bedroom. No longer.  From today forward, I vow to live a life honouring the glory of I, the One who embodies the love of that Baby Jesus in my heart, the One who's loins give pleasure and honor to the world. Join me, Cristiano, at my Spiritual Retreat on Majorca, to learn His teachings, His pure love.  From Me, Cristiano. Your hero on the pitch, your Spiritual Guide in this life and beyond.  You can also learn and learn the Gospel of San Cristiano, in my podcast, My Sermon on the Mount, Cristiano Speaks.

FADE OUT

Goddamnit, I'm too tired for this mind****ery. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Goddamnit, I'm too tired for this mind****ery. :lol: 

:lol:

We'll be hearing more from Santa Cris...

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

a-statue-water-fountain-heidi-kummer.jpg

Something like that but pours body oil rather than water.

That's disturbingly accurate.

I'm more than a little distraught at this kid choosing Chelsea -- a side who's struggling mightily -- over Club Brugee, a side on the rise and tailor-made for him.

d9206c6d9916b5162c2f3fbad00c56f8.jpg 

And he's at one of my affiliates.  Ugh.  Killing me.

Edited by ManUtd1

The last "friendly" before we resume our league campaign, against a local amateur side.

85cb8979edb7e6302e0e28179446ea22.jpg 

The 9 away fans were treated like kings by the home support, and found themselves playing a "drink a shot of beer for every shot" game with the Ultras.  Normally, that wouldn't be such a challenge...

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

The last "friendly" before we resume our league campaign, against a local amateur side.

85cb8979edb7e6302e0e28179446ea22.jpg 

The 9 away fans were treated like kings by the home support, and found themselves playing a "drink a shot of beer for every shot" game with the Ultras.  Normally, that wouldn't be such a challenge...

LBYQmuw.gif

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'm more than a little distraught at this kid choosing Chelsea -- a side who's struggling mightily -- over Club Brugee, a side on the rise and tailor-made for him.

"It's simple, we kill the batSerb man."

@ManUtd1, your brain must be a really ****ed up place with statues of Cristiano covered in oil, David Moyes running around with eucalyptus-lotion in his pocket chasing Nelson and so much other messed up stuff I can't even... I love it. 

17 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

An inconvenience, but...

He'll be distraught when Brugge win the Champions League.

16 hours ago, Keano16 said:

LBYQmuw.gif

Mumbu does a beautiful rendition of "fat guy in a little coat."

14 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

"It's simple, we kill the batSerb man."

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Benjoe said:

@ManUtd1, your brain must be a really ****ed up place with statues of Cristiano covered in oil, David Moyes running around with eucalyptus-lotion in his pocket chasing Nelson and so much other messed up stuff I can't even... I love it. 

What can I say... :lol:

3 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

An inconvenience, but...

He'll be distraught when Brugge win the Champions League.

That's the kind of thinking we need! You're hired!

Club Brugge KV

March 2049 Mini-Update

A bit of a rough patch after the holidays.  The 2nd XI continues to put in good shifts, and have us through to the Croky Cup final in a few days.  They've also done the job in the league, when called upon to alleviate our fixture congestion.

The only thing keeping us from running away with the title has been the "Jekyll and Hyde" performances of our 1st XI ... one day, slaying giants.  The next?  Getting smashed by our cross-town rivals despite controlling every aspect of the match.  I know it is just growing pains as we come into our own, exacerbated by our reliance on youth in several areas...and the overall weakness of our starting centerbacks.  I can't complain, though, as we're top of the table on goal difference with that lanky Kiwi ****  and his Anderlecht nancy-boys.  10 matches to play, for the title.  It should be a two-horse race.

In Europe, we grabbed a critical away goal at Lyon and managed to find a 91st minute goal at home to send the tie into extra time...absolute domination, and it finally paid off.  We've drawn Monaco in the quarterfinals, in a year when any of the remaining sides could plausibly win it all.

155a5f20deb982e3b2b07f586b5636fc.jpg a2d77f716d927ab62f08142f7b915a37.jpg

25115b63df40959fe91f08d198f23611.jpg

bd67d480b11027232fd34cf322a27deb.png

c6e44b988933cc785dd6c9a5d178b4f9.jpg

63903009a2a47d43944ef122677179b3.png

ae2c3f4f7499d3ea39595fc71612be68.jpg

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Club Brugge KV

March 2049 Mini-Update

A bit of a rough patch after the holidays.  The 2nd XI continues to put in good shifts, and have us through to the Croky Cup final in a few days.  They've also done the job in the league, when called upon to alleviate our fixture congestion.

The only thing keeping us from running away with the title has been the "Jekyll and Hyde" performances of our 1st XI ... one day, slaying giants.  The next?  Getting smashed by our cross-town rivals despite controlling every aspect of the match.  I know it is just growing pains as we come into our own, exacerbated by our reliance on youth in several areas...and the overall weakness of our starting centerbacks.  I can't complain, though, as we're top of the table on goal difference with that lanky Kiwi ****  and his Anderlecht nancy-boys.  10 matches to play, for the title.  It should be a two-horse race.

In Europe, we grabbed a critical away goal at Lyon and managed to find a 91st minute goal at home to send the tie into extra time...absolute domination, and it finally paid off.  We've drawn Monaco in the quarterfinals, in a year when any of the remaining sides could plausibly win it all.

155a5f20deb982e3b2b07f586b5636fc.jpg a2d77f716d927ab62f08142f7b915a37.jpg

25115b63df40959fe91f08d198f23611.jpg

bd67d480b11027232fd34cf322a27deb.png

c6e44b988933cc785dd6c9a5d178b4f9.jpg

63903009a2a47d43944ef122677179b3.png

ae2c3f4f7499d3ea39595fc71612be68.jpg

Nice to see Fiorentina getting back near the top. I know they have an extra game played then the leaders but it's better than what they've been doing for the past few years. Fiorentina, Malmö, Leeds and Frankfurt were my favourite parts of this save.

1 hour ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Nice to see Fiorentina getting back near the top. I know they have an extra game played then the leaders but it's better than what they've been doing for the past few years. Fiorentina, Malmö, Leeds and Frankfurt were my favourite parts of this save.

Agreed re Fiorentina!  I feel like Club Brugge has some potential...we'll see how things shape up.  

(Malmo, Fiorentina and Leeds were absolutely epic.  Frankfurt next, then Stade de Reims...if I'm counting.)

Club Brugge KV

April 2049 Mini-Update

That is a bitter pill to swallow.  A very winnable competition, a 1-goal lead after the first leg.  And we couldn't make it count at Monaco's new Delio Onnis Arena.

It's our fault.  No question.  Monaco were on 10-men for more than an hour in Bruges, and we couldn't make it count.  1 goal from a penalty, with multiple chances spurned.  In the second leg, we just couldn't break through.

Frustration is setting in, even if  we exceeded expectations by reaching the quarterfinals.  The 2nd XI blew the Croky Cup final.  We need to seize the Jupiler Pro League title, and begin preparing for next season.  The best news thus far?  Allaoui is weighing up an offer on a new contract...his current one expires in just over a year, and the vultures are circling, having turning his head earlier this season such that he wouldn't even consider it.

The twins have moved to Bruges, with Apples and Emma joining.  The happy family, reunited.  Linus continues to show immense promise.  Gustav has two left feet -- and not in a good way -- but will watch film with me all night, soaking up our analysts' scouting reports and making suggestions of his own.

e7666112749b3152474dd61e25c8693f.jpg c8dbc5a3779180b6e0b6b12a66629675.jpg

221819a923d558599059415cd1d3d578.png

e25dd13ee255be0f9659a95f1ee6769e.jpg

aff9e5e11be99e6ff4e3ffc2912017df.png

f4aea7454ca9ce5a37056506eaaba335.jpg

I eat the Canadian?  I don't know what you're talking about.  

Club Brugge KV

2048/49 Season Review

There's little that tastes as sweet, as that first title at a club.  No, Ludwig, don't bring her into it.  Now...you...****...I lost my train of thought.

Emma's return to our daily lives has thrown Ludwig for a bit of a loop.  See, despite everything, I think he still loves her.  All these years later.  After all that we've been through.  To say that there's history amongst the four of us would be the understatement of the year.  But, where was I?  Ahh, yes...

Huge strides forward this year, but a season of change is upon us.  Decisions to be made.  We've got some great young prospects coming in this summer -- an Iranian defender, Naser Sharifi, and a Serbian central midfielder, Ognjen Ilic -- both of whom could be incredible.  We've also signed up a Nigerian lad, but he won't join until next year.  I'm not sure what other business we'll do, unless some players move on.  

Speaking of which Ntolla has asked to leave -- homesick, at 32?  Grow a pair, lad.  Off with you, then.   Others are simply getting too old...or aren't good enough.  Remko is getting old, so our central midfield may see a complete revamp this summer...I'm hping that Sharifi will grow into one of my starting centerbacks.  Time will tell.

The season has just wrapped, but time is a wasting.  The lads will return in a few short weeks for the next tilt at  all comers, continental and domestic.  We're getting there.  The domestic competition isn't truly there, even with Anderlecht's billionaire owner.  We need to progress on the continent.

Goals for 2049/50: Win the Jupiler Pro League title.  Make a run in the Champions League knockout rounds.  Assemble the squad that will win it all.  Keep fingers crossed that a national team position will open up, even though I don't need that to happen.  I'm having a blast in Belgium.

Squad|League Overview|Finances Overview|Income Detail|Expenditures Detail|Transfers

Jupiler Pro League Fixtures|JPL Championship Group Fixtures|Champions League Fixtures|Croky Cup Fixtures

Champions League Review

A relatively solid Champions League season, as Monaco tried to shed the title of "nearly men," reaching the final to face Stade de Reims.  Tellues' former charges were clinical, however, destroying Monaco's hopes and dreams.  4-0 in the final, with the match over after a 10-minute span in the 2nd half.  RB Leipzig continue to threaten, and I suspect it is only a matter of time before they become eligible (or win it outright).

a02170731c7598c3600ce59ca596935e.jpg 19b318cd80862fbbcae36a5a978d1ecf.jpg

9b61daafd23ec0ebc5660509f2dd90ab.jpg

Challenge Overview

8c454081ef4511b5d1638ff609cc3807.png

97bce6da293042bd794638de5a6d5ab2.png

Edited by ManUtd1

A quick glance around Europe...

Liverpool avoided relegation on the final matchday, Valencia won their 2nd straight La Liga title, Frankfurt are on the verge of a dynasty, Fiorentina have recovered from several off years, Lyon continue to dominate France.

8e511100fba706b46e090ba5bb6998a4.jpg 1f60cf5fa25940c49b4825e298cc7039.jpg 7ab8483b576172ef2f2b2414ab9972af.jpg d87900528e354cb7071d234e7efd2c25.jpg 2d90c8edfb2b1b63b8c6c7f962806741.jpg 

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed it but the passing completion percentage of your goalies are much higher than at Frankfurt. At Frankfurt it was in the 20s now it's in the 70s. Any changes to the PIs

4 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed it but the passing completion percentage of your goalies are much higher than at Frankfurt. At Frankfurt it was in the 20s now it's in the 70s. Any changes to the PIs

Two factors:  (1) we build out of the back more, generally, in the new system; and (2) the keeper has a specific instruction to distribute to fullbacks.  So, there are FAR fewer long balls getting played.

Good catch, by the way -- I hadn't noticed the stat yet :lol:

Edited by ManUtd1

I eat the Canadian?  I don't know what you're talking about.  

Club Brugge KV

July 2049 Squad Review

Better late than never, seeing as how I meant to post this in the summer of 2048...  And I've lost this post once, so I'm going to cut out some of the chit-chat.

This side is close to seriously challenging for the Champions League.  Coming into the summer, our biggest weaknesses were, in my mind: (1) the quality at centerback; (2) the need to replace our two aging central midfielders; and (3) the need for some of our young players to develop (simply a factor of time).

d6e51e4c3a0600060738c4d60e8f8987.jpg 339e1947c3ac0f3f8db1578c76be3140.jpg

Goalkeepers

2a1d1692f4adc3a5e32fd27afec57a50.jpg 44beb465df83925b058dcc82860e3f19.jpg 435079c2d515ac803c1d7bf8a9926850.jpg

After the retirement of long-term servant and fan favorite Remi Deleu, Berezin is our #1, without even the slightest doubt.  Granted, the only doubt before was sentimental...on the pitch, there was no comparison.  He's still extremely young, but I'm confident that he can be the mainstay of our defense for years to come.  I tied him down to a new contract this summer, to give me the 3-year extension he was so reluctant to sign last summer.  Ovidiu Micu is the clear backup, with Kalafat riding the pine as my 3rd choice (in Belgium, you are required to register 3 keepers).

Defenders

1b3ee9dced2bdf2fdf2026c4c67d8c14.jpg 052c65575fd24fa8a8d8d4acf6cd5390.jpg 0526977e2c3854b86b4ce53034e73853.jpg 99910afd1b254bb5a58b827b43958dcd.jpg e8d1acd93d33e05df5d7ae9034b7994a.jpg a7e7f4562a999ad30474e9c26acc0c2b.jpg 3b64ee2443d7e5be47886836427b0e01.jpg 131efcd4d30bb9e5756b01ebad3a9dec.jpg d21cad9338ff2fff0918678589d3a9e3.jpg 77e9b091ac81625b8560a29a2792bf0c.jpg 5aa407ff4ae537cfbb5ecada70945e8c.jpg

Here, Haak is still my libero.  He's been flanked by Bruno and Benito, but I was very much underwhelmed by them in terms of their ability to carry us to a Champions League title.  We need more steel in our spine.  When Toulouse came in with a modest offer for the 31 year-old Benito, off he went.  Nielsen, Simikic and Sharifi  are all battling it out for his spot, and for these positions for the long-term.  Jonckheere is a homegrown, long-term squad player.

At right back, I've got two solid players -- Blanco is the starter, being pushed hard by Salas.  Sanchez is my starting left back -- a converted winger, who can knock a cross with the best of them.  Michiels is a capable, homegrown backup.

Van Roose is my backup libero for now -- a homegrown lad who is a capable enough squad player.  Nielsen could perhaps feature here, depending on how Simikic and Sharifi develop...

Central Midfielders

5b65ba8d9c5f3b1ce6559f96ab34a3b0.jpg ed489e6167afa96b6b33094885201672.jpg 40e5b4dc9e5fed6e0c9ed237409e5509.jpg ca596f5b212f6d62c6be8344ead00dcc.jpg 6bafa5411ac5f222c62d7d6d7cf4e389.jpg 410fd548e9586a8034ab57993bc66cfe.jpg

Ntolla and ter Avest have been my starters since arriving, with Vegas as the dutiful backup.  Ntolla came through under Telleus at Saint-Etienne, but he's aging and recently announced that he's homesick, seeking a transfer...an offer has come in from Brest, so he's all but gone.  I have had plans to replace him, so he's on his way out.  Ter Avest is a brilliant little player, but is also aging...he needs replacement.  The big question was whether Vegas was up to replacing one of them or not...I decided not, and shipped him off when Watford came calling.  Christiaens is a tidy homegrown player, who I feel might be able to do the business.  Ilic is a new signing who will be pushing for a spot in the 1st XI.  Susin is a solid future prospect, along with Guerrero (who just signed).

Attacking Midfielders

ea54507d1c33dff1e9fa2d8b53a54c04.jpg 8bd460470fd05675adc24aa313aeeb65.jpg b24b525130875447d8631107e4f33864.jpg fa7588cfbe6e93f40c636bfac0a4ab57.jpg 0a1b9dc0a08c2e2ed977e31e03e4e61d.jpg 2b7530325bafb07a3bae07c1af0b2c3e.jpg 7726b63db06d117193eb4a8ed526f5dc.jpg 70482e8a1dd20c647a00330254561b9a.jpg

Up top, I'm relying on the attacking trident of Stojkovic, Allaoui and Alonso -- all three are quite deadly, with the latter two being sought after by various European giants (more Alonso than Allaoui, which boggles the mind).  Stojkovic is at a prime age for selling, so I'll likely move him on if I get a decent enough offer.

The backups here are quite solid -- Djalo, Frijters and Van Goethem typically are on the bench (due to homegrown requirements), with Balde and Kayembe solid prospects that need to develop.  

All told, I'm very happy with the front 3, especially if I can keep Allaoui and Alonso for another 2-3 years.

Edited by ManUtd1

Ugh.  The Mexico position has opened up after they lost to the US in the Gold Cup final...but, they're truly awful at the moment, with no promising young players that I can find.  I'm torn.  

They're struggling to qualify in a year when the US isn't involved, since they're the 2050 hosts.

597001ab408e8f4d5481cd3414255a68.png 

That trio is deadly in front! And Baldé looks great for the future, only 17 with those stats!

Tricky one with Mexico, but I feel it is something Hakan would do. 

20 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

That trio is deadly in front! And Baldé looks great for the future, only 17 with those stats!

Tricky one with Mexico, but I feel it is something Hakan would do. 

Yeah, I feel very good about the state of things in Brugge.  Hakan is basically the anti-Colin Farrell in that regard (and others...). 

Mexico is a serious conundrum at the moment.  Activating their league (effective early June 2050) would result in an influx of players.  We'd be targeting the 2054 World Cup, at the earliest.  Brugge wouldn't be a bad place to base my operations, either...

11 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

The hell is going on in El Salvador?

No kidding.  They're running strong, albeit in a year when Mexico isn't very good and the US isn't involved in qualifying.  Here are their two top players:

9f18469d8f8b813bc455cbb25c8bee0c.jpg d6c481158a79bb5c2606464c64bfa727.jpg 

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Yeah, I feel very good about the state of things in Brugge.  Hakan is basically the anti-Colin Farrell in that regard (and others...). 

Mexico is a serious conundrum at the moment.  Activating their league (effective early June 2050) would result in an influx of players.  We'd be targeting the 2054 World Cup, at the earliest.  Brugge wouldn't be a bad place to base my operations, either...

No kidding.  They're running strong, albeit in a year when Mexico isn't very good and the US isn't involved in qualifying.  Here are their two top players:

9f18469d8f8b813bc455cbb25c8bee0c.jpg d6c481158a79bb5c2606464c64bfa727.jpg 

Solid enough pair!

3 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Berezina looks in 2049 what Donnaruma looks like at the start of the game, if not better. Also, I see Fiorentina won the league on goal difference. Tight finish.

He's going to be a beast...very pleased with him and his new contract!  You're right -- it was a very tight finish in Italy.  I'm just happy that they pulled it out, after a long period in the wilderness.

Re Mexico, the fact that I'm not excited about it is a warning.  Rejected the offer, and staying focused on Brugge.  If it were Colombia or Turkey, there would be no hesitation.  That speaks volumes.

492a12ee66983afdc4e65a9cc7aa1c34.png 

Edited by ManUtd1

Love this Indian kid who came through at Genk...shame that he's at a rival, as he'd be a fortune to bring over.  He would be a fantastic shadow striker, though...I may try to unsettle him -- gain a player, weaken an opponent.

adeffbe8c1a3047a62396e1691b8582f.jpg