Plans for release day

1. I'm gonna wake up.

2. I'll take a sh*t

3. Drink some coffee, eat some bread.

4. Go outside to the store, complaining cause i can't find FM09.

5. Uninstall FM08

6. Install FM09, while installing i'm gonna complain on the forom saying "when is there gonna be a patch" cause of the bugs :p.

7. When it's done installing, i'm gonna play.

8. Now it's somewhere in the afternoon 17:00, i'm gonna go cook cause im hungry, cause i keep losing and i don't know why i'm losing.

9. I'll stop playing, Turn on the T.V and i'm gonna watch it..Then i fall asleep.

10. Don't disturbe me while i'm sleeping.

=) 10 steps to have a great day of playing FM09 =)

I'm taking my wife to Prague for her birthday that week and return quite late on Thursday night, I booked the Friday off for post holiday recuperation so that worked out quite well. I haven't got a plan for the day of release as yet, but I imagine it will go something like this;

Go out and get FM09 when I get chance.

Take it home install and play.

Decide I prefer FM08.

Try playing FM08 instead.

Decide that I miss the new features too much.

Return to FM09.

Go easy on the bloke on JSA. There'll be more of us doing it before long, and I'm sure he doesn't enjoy being skint.

I'm pre-ordering and going to the shop on the morning, before rushing back home to install. G/f won't like it, since I told her FM2008 was the last copy I'd buy for a while, but...FM2009 just looks like being so damn cool.

At least, that's the plan. You watch someone put a roster up with me working solid until December.

Im sure your missus will understand if you want to play FM09...if not could be grounds for divorce lol

:D Best not ask though, especially on the honeymoon. I was going to Berlin in March this year when I was at the peak of my FM08 career game, I suggested bringing the laptop along with us pretending that we could use it for DVD's, I got told off and still get reminded about how sad that idea actually was lol.

Well, I've taken the laptop and FM on holiday before now, and will again. The g/f complains and says it is sad, but I just wait until she wants to watch something she enjoys and then give her the same treatment.

Shouldn't get married in the football season anyway, mate. Tsk.

Schoolboy error really! Mind you some would say that about getting married anyway! I am going to get up on the thursday, go to work, sit watching the forums all day then drive like a mad man from work to all the supermarkets and shops hoping that they haven't all sold out! Took me 2 days last year before I could get a copy!

Well, I've taken the laptop and FM on holiday before now, and will again. The g/f complains and says it is sad, but I just wait until she wants to watch something she enjoys and then give her the same treatment.

Do same to my missus when she wants to watch bloody hollyoaks

Hollyoaks has went down hill, gone are the days when I didn't mind watching it because of Elize Du Toit :(

Ah Elize! No she was worth watching............... Anyway, you guys are lucky, my Mrs watches that incredibly s**t program were so called stars prance around the floor and then a few 'judges' tell them how amazing they are! That is the definition of torture!:eek:

Couple of days after the release I'll go to the local store to buy it...Then after 10 minutes of searching I'll ask the friendly girl behind the desk where is the new FM? Then she will try to find it in the computer...that will take for about 10 minutes...after that she will tell me that they don't have it and to try next week...

Balls...

Thursday i may possibly go to some shops to see if i can get it early! If not i will lay in bed thinking of FM probably won't get to sleep for ages.

Then Release Day (if i haven't already got it)

1. Wake up thinking "yes i fell asleep!" then "OMG FM IS OUT!!!!!!!"

2. Get up brush teeth and have breakfast listening to happy music!

3. Get ready to go to work, leave... drive as fast as i can to work as work makes the day go faster! (so does driving fast ;))

4. At lunch load up my laptop and then do whatever it takes to drive to Tescos as fast as possible.

5. Hope they don't charge a ridiculous price (will buy elsewhere at end of day otherwise! - yes that is a threat to Tesco :p) BUY IT

6. Drive back to work to install FM09 :D

7. Look on forums at work as won't be able to concentrate on actually doing any work anyway!

8. Drive home, PLAY FM, EAT, And then RELAX!

9. Go to bed (after a mighty session) at the realisation that i now have FM09!!! (knowing that i can't stay up as i have to play real football in the morning!)

Guest roberto922
Yeah, well, I could explain to you all the fine workings of a dry-spell garden :)

I think I've seen every episode of Friends, Will & Grace, Home Renovations, Backyard Blitz, and a million other bloody programmes. I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. Lifestyle and ARENA anyone?

Sex and the city is the worst, every female that I spend any time with (GF, sister, mum) are obsessive over it :mad:. Plus I was dragged to the cinema to watch Mamma Mia

Guest roberto922

I actually got slapped for falling asleep and then she fell out with me for getting in her way when I was going to get HER popcorn!

Yeah, well, I could explain to you all the fine workings of a dry-spell garden :)

I think I've seen every episode of Friends, Will & Grace, Home Renovations, Backyard Blitz, and a million other bloody programmes. I don't even know what I'm watching anymore. Lifestyle and ARENA anyone?

no way should Friends be included on that list of absolute garbage.

personally having to import the game i would be surprised if i got my copy earlier than the 21st tbf. though that is not necessarily a bad thing as i have a few exams coming up mid november and FM would just distract me.

Sex and the city is the worst, every female that I spend any time with (GF, sister, mum) are obsessive over it :mad:. Plus I was dragged to the cinema to watch Mamma Mia

I remember seeing Hairspray at the cinema and turned to ask after the first few minutes "Why have they not stopped singing yet???"

'Hun, it's a musical'

".............................."

*FM08 portable*

Just to see what everyones plans for release day are. Im planning a 48hour marathon, doubt ill manage it though!!!
Yeah, they will sell at midnight. They may not be out on the shelfs though, so either ask for it, or look in the 'magic drawers'. Thats where they hide all the goodies :D

what are these 'magic drawers' you speak of??????

Release date has changed in America now to November 18 according to Amazon.com now. Shows my expected delivery is November 24. I sure hope that's correct or I get it by the 25th, since I fly home on the 26th for Thanksgiving break and will be gone til the 30th. Would hate for it to sit around when I've got prime time of holidays to play it.

i wil go to school, then take the bus to town, buy the game and go home, play on till like 12 that nit until mum tells me to go to bed,

OR

all up until go home, Ill go to my mates house, and have an all niter playing Fifa 09 and and FM WOOOP

im on job seekers at the moment
So are you going to start the game unempoyed ?

Lol etc, very good.

im gonna wait until what all of you have to say on the matter as i dont want to buy a bug ridden game so im gonna leave it a bit

Ahh yes because what a handful of people say on here is absolutely gospel, here's an idea, start using your brain and form your own opinions. :rolleyes:

Archived