The Luton Revival - Sign up.

sorry, i meant "dives into tackles"

many thanks :)

Don't apologies, that is what you did say, I just wanted to make sure you were going for the Vinny Jones approach.

I am having to sit through the European Championship now, which is of no interest as none of you are playing. Englan won their opening match 3-0.

Get your Hockey sticks lads, we are learning a new game

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the screen shot showing holt playing for bermuda, I see two bids for whom I believe to be me from sunderland and Sheff Utd. Can I ask how much they've bid? and also can I request not to go to Sheff Utd whatever the price they are willing to pay.

Thanks.

£51k Sheff Utd

£33K Sunderland

£51k Swansea

My standard response to all offers or enquires is to ask fro 10Million, 50% of next sale and a £15Million buy back.

So far no one is bothered about any of the bids, but you are all on holiday.

Holt has gone public and told the press he is happy at Luton after Swansea tried to unsettle him.

Swansea are whoring around all of you.

First Name: Jason

Second Name: Koh

Position: Any

Height: 222cm

D.O.B: 31/12/1991

City of birth: Singapore

Nationality: Singapore

Other Nationalities:England

Favourite Club(s): Luton, Man city

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea.arsenal

Preferred foot: Right

Attributes: Acceleration 15,Agilty 15,Balance 15,Jumping 15,Natural fitness 15,Pace 15,Stamina 15, Strength 15,Flair 20

I can not add you unless you use names taht are in the data base already.

Koh does not exist, you can be:

Kohlmann

Kohout

Kohlbacher

Kohlhass

Kohler

Kohut

Kah

Kehl

Kuhl

Kuhn

I am adding you as Kah, but let me know if you need it changed.

I can also only add 1 each of your favourites/dislikes, so I have gone for the first ones. As the season progresses I can add more.

Right, well today and tomorrow will be my last days of posting for a few days. I'm heading out of town after work tomorrow and won't be back until Monday night or Tuesday morning. Just thought I'd give everyone a 24 hour notice. :D

Can you change Jonny Deans age been away lol

Great to have you back, he is currently 21, I think he has the stats of a 17 year old, shall I knock 4 years off him to give him a chance to develop?

Brilliant stuff.

Shame about my player though, obviously hasn't got a very good PA out of the -10.

Spuckler it seems will progress to a level ahead of him.

kutgw.

There is 1 point difference between both of your PAs, I think his run at the end of the season is more to blame for the difference in CA, I will try to remember to give you the last 10 games this season to see how it works. I am using 10 games on and off, I might change that to 8, depends how quickly you settle in to your stride.

Very good :thup: This has been really good so far, I'm starting to like Luton as much as The Bandits :)

Yah, another Bandits fan, it was the bandits that inspired me to do this sign up, such a shame Kip is AWOL. I can't promise 50 years of Luton, that would take me a few years, but I hope to continue until the years end at least.

Right, well today and tomorrow will be my last days of posting for a few days. I'm heading out of town after work tomorrow and won't be back until Monday night or Tuesday morning. Just thought I'd give everyone a 24 hour notice. :D

Thanks for letting us know, I will try and get you a lot of reading for when you get back, have fun.

Guest roberto922

I think you should just go to the end of the players careers if you can as they're the main focus of the experiment whereas The Bandits were the focus in Kips experiment.

Blanco,

Crowborough is not in the data base, you are just down the road from Tunbridge Wells, so that is now your place of birth. Unless you choose another one.

I am continuing my quest for a decent old defender, they just do not exist

Suppose it will have to do... Out of interest, do you live round here or do you just have an awesome grasp of UK geography???

And, more importantly, am I in the sqaud/team now??

Brilliant stuff.

Shame about my player though, obviously hasn't got a very good PA out of the -10. :(

Spuckler it seems will progress to a level ahead of him. :(

kutgw. :)

Well, I do have slightly better scoutreports, but I think it's a bit early to tell who's ahead.

Compared to my first profile I have gained 26 attribute-points, mostly in mental and GK.

Could I request a comparison-SS of the two of us, The Lambs?

And another request. Would it be possible to raise my Strength-training a bit. What is it now? Medium. Crank it up a notch ore two.

First Name: Cristobal

Second Name: Blanco

Position: Striker

Height: 200cm

D.O.B: 5/1/1992

City of birth: CAN NOT ALTER

Nationality: England (declared - CAN NOT DECLARE YOU)

Other Nationalities: Peruvian (CAN NOT ADD)

Favourite Club(s): Liverpool, Barnet

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea

Preferred foot: Right please

Attributes:

Finishing: 18

Composure: 18

First Touch: 14

Pace: 15

Acceleration:18

Off The Ball: 15

Work Rate: 15

Determination: 15

Dribbling: 12

EDIT: If I can have a PPM then it would be Plays Lots Of One Twos (or whatever it is)

Your in, I can not alter as much as i liked, only cosmetic stuff like date of birth and declaring you for a nation.

First Name: Jason

Second Name: Koh

Position: Any

Height: 222cm (Maximum seems to be 210, you are a giant!)

D.O.B: 31/12/1991

City of birth: Singapore

Nationality: Singapore

Other Nationalities:England

Favourite Club(s): Luton, Man city (can not add both yet)

Disliked Club(s): Chelsea.arsenal (cannot add either yet)

Preferred foot: Right

Attributes: Acceleration 15,Agilty 15,Balance 15,Jumping 15,Natural fitness 15,Pace 15,Stamina 15, Strength 15,Flair 20

Again, it is place of birth and likes/dislikes I can not alter.

Well, I do have slightly better scoutreports, but I think it's a bit early to tell who's ahead.

Compared to my first profile I have gained 26 attribute-points, mostly in mental and GK.

Could I request a comparison-SS of the two of us, The Lambs?

And another request. Would it be possible to raise my Strength-training a bit. What is it now? Medium. Crank it up a notch ore two.

You have found the problem, for some reason Page is still on Youth training, I have offered him a full time contract so I can use the full time schedules. Your already on Heavy strength and aerobic training, in fact the whole training schedule is pretty hard core, see the image, ignore the name it is cranked up from normal. Sorry Page, you lost 5 months of full time training.

Page-Cletus comparison - 1

Page-Cletus comparison - 2

Goal Keeper Training

Suppose it will have to do... Out of interest, do you live round here or do you just have an awesome grasp of UK geography???

And, more importantly, am I in the sqaud/team now??

I used google maps :-) Bad news is you are from Truro, it would not let me alter the existing birth place of the players.

You are in the squad now, I am just checking to make sure it has not crashed the game save as there is a lot of editing in there.

Say hello to our two new youth players, who came through the Luton ranks:

Jason Kah

Mini Scout rating: FC50 AMC54 MC53 AMR54 MR52

CA: 80

Personal

Positions

Coach Reports

Kah can play in a lot of roles up front and should provide good cover in the later parts of the season when fatigue sets in.

Cristobal Blanco

Mini Scout rating: FC49

Personal

Positions

Coach Reports

Kah can play in a lot of roles up front and should provide good cover in the later parts of the season when fatigue sets in or injuries strike, we now have 3 strikers fighting for 1 place, so competition will be fierce.

Samuel Page, you are pretty lousy in the punching and throwing-business and my communication-skills are not that much better. Two areas with room left for improvement for us.

Aggression: Is that good or bad for a GK? At that point we're also very different.

And I'm satisfied with the Training schedule.

You have found the problem, for some reason Page is still on Youth training, I have offered him a full time contract so I can use the full time schedules. Your already on Heavy strength and aerobic training, in fact the whole training schedule is pretty hard core, see the image, ignore the name it is cranked up from normal. Sorry Page, you lost 5 months of full time training.

Page-Cletus comparison - 1

Page-Cletus comparison - 2

Goal Keeper Training

I used google maps :-) Bad news is you are from Truro, it would not let me alter the existing birth place of the players.

You are in the squad now, I am just checking to make sure it has not crashed the game save as there is a lot of editing in there.

I'm gutted. :(

And I think I was really quite further ahead in the technical department but now we're so equal. :(:p

ah well.

Say hello to our two new youth players, who came through the Luton ranks:

Jason Kah

Mini Scout rating: FC50 AMC54 MC53 AMR54 MR52

Personal

Positions

Coach Reports

Kah can play in a lot of roles up front and should provide good cover in the later parts of the season when fatigue sets in.

Cristobal Blanco

Mini Scout rating: FC49

Personal

Positions

Coach Reports

Kah can play in a lot of roles up front and should provide good cover in the later parts of the season when fatigue sets in or injuries strike, we now have 3 strikers fighting for 1 place, so competition will be fierce.

Kah looks amazing, will be a absolute monster in 5 years time. Probably more a AMC in terms of the formation we are playing, but will do well to provide cover everywhere. Will be a given starter very soon. Off the ball is the only real bad attribute, but will make up for it in sheer physical terms.

Blanco is also very good, will probably take the starting striker position within a year or so. We have both low Stamina though so changing us on and off will work nicely. Passing and Technique are the only real let downs, but will function nicely. How is his consistency/Important matches?

Can I do a training schedule:

Medium Strength

High Aerobic

Between Medium and High Tactics

Intensive Ball Contorl

No Defending

Intensive Attacking

High Shooting

Medium Set Pieces

Should be Heavy, just before Very Heavy...

Can I do a training schedule:

Medium Strength

High Aerobic

Between Medium and High Tactics

Intensive Ball Contorl

No Defending

Intensive Attacking

High Shooting

Medium Set Pieces

Should be Heavy, just before Very Heavy...

Do me a huge favour and post me the training schedule when you turn 17 in January, I can only put you on a youth schedule until then.

Current Youth Training Schedule

Sorry i haven't posted in ages, i've been away.

I'm glad you think Pieterzoon's good! can i have the PPM... 'runs down the right'... or something to that extent.

Is it alright if i pass voting as i haven't really been able to follow that well and so it wouldn't be justified.

Spain just won against England 2-1 in the European Championship.

Starting the friendlies now.

Luton are 100th in the rich list! Only £375 million to become number one.!

someone ask if the new man city owners or abramovich has a brother who wants to buy luton lol

someone ask if the new man city owners or abramovich has a brother who wants to buy luton lol

we are owned by the 5th richest man in the world, he has given us 11million in transfer funds just to avoid relegation.

We don't need it as I have all the players we will ever need.

Pre Season 08/09 Key Matches and Events

So a new season is upon us, Luton are expected to fight bravely against relegation, Gazza is quietly telling the players he thinks they are good enough to go for mid table or even higher, but then again Gazza likes his Newcastle Brown Ale far too much.

Retirements, we lose Dan Gleballs to the reserves squad with a capped PA of 120 as his sign up owner did not post once last season.

We gain 2 new players, Jason Kah and Cristobal Blanco to add to our ranks, I am sure you will all make them welcome.

Last season saw a fantastic push for promotion despite the FA trying to keep us down with their illegal point deductions.

The board final agreed to upgrade the ground, youth and training facilities after months of kicking Gazza out of the board room. Some think he only kept going back for the port and whiskey they keep in decanters up there. While the ground is almost doubled in size we will play our games at the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes, Gazza has already warned his players that the woman’s hockey team is off limits and he will fine any player who is found trying to chat them up. Our new year present should be a move back to the expanded Kenilworth road ground as long as the builders stay on track, knowing builders I doubt that, they will be too busy drinking tea and wolf whistling.

The results of our player’s player of the year are:

3rd place: Hopper on 15 points.

2nd place: Soder on 19 points.

1st place: Haowan on 27 points.

Haowan wins one of the following choices:

a) A free PPM of his choice or

b) A free recovery from injury card, can be played any time he gets injured to be instantly healed or

c) Can change any one hidden or free stat for his position by plus or minus 5 points.

The award for 08/09 Turkey of the season went unanimously to Nakano, as a reward for being the most useless player in the team he gets to choose one attribute to raise by 5 points (his CA will remain the same so some over attributes will reduce over the next few months).

Haowan and Nakano please let me know what you choose.

The following players have until the August update of this season to choose a PPM or they forfeit the chance:

Theo Stig

Tom Crawford

Callum McCarthy

Jonny Dean

Adam Griffis-Smith now has 4 PPMs, 3 from tutoring.

So without any more delays we will start with the first of 6 warm up matches.

Friendly: Walsall 2-1 Luton

Luton are without Jonny Dean who has spent the whole month on crutches and still has another month on the doctors list. Sanchez and Pieterzoon are also unavailable as they are on international duty, let us hope they bring some sticks of rock back for the rest of the team.

Unusually we have gone for a friendly against a team in the same league as Luton; both teams are matched on paper so this could go either way.

30 mins. Luton start strong and it is not a surprise that Dawson scores with a fantastic long range effort, has he been having lessons from Haowan. 0-1

36 mins. Roberts of Walsall is injured in a midfield collision with Haowan.

44 mins. McCarthy earns the first yellow card of the season with a hold.

Half time. Gazza changes 9 of the first 11, the fans get to see the new boys Kah and Blanco for the first time.

57 mins. Walsall equalise with a shot from the edge of the box that squeezes inside the far post. 1-1

80 mins. Holt fluffs a clearance and Walsall shoot from distance, the ball deflects of Stig and it is 2-1 to Walsall.

90 mins. Luton chase the game for 10 minutes but get nothing to show for their troubles. A wobbly start against a team in the same league, which was probably not helped by Gazza being too drunk to give a half time talk.

Friendly: Ayr 0-3 Luton

Gazza organised a trip to Scotland next so he could tour some of the Whiskey producers while his boys faced Ayr United in an encounter they should win.

3 mins. Soder opens the scoring after a fantastic ball from Haowan splits the defence, that might get the fans off Soder’s back. 0-1

27 mins. McCarthy crosses from the left and Haowan does not waste the chance. 0-2

Half time/ Gazza lets the lads know they did well before he gives the next 9 a chance.

45 mins. I am only mentioning the goals, but do not underestimate the contribution of the rest of the team. Ayr have been limited to one shot at goal so far.

49 mins. Crawford receives the ball out wide from some great Hopper vision, looks up and crosses. Blanco heads the ball in for his first ever goal for Luton. 0-3

Luton leave clear and deserved winners. A great result.

Promotion odds, fancy a flutter?

Friendly: Luton 1-1 Newcastle Reserves

Newcastle reserves are the next warm up opposition, the only big name in the squad is the fading star of Nicky Butt.

21 mins. Despite having the better start Luton very nearly find themselves behind and only quick reactions from Sage save the initial shot and the follow up.

25 mins. Luton win a heavily contested penalty. Proctor decides he wants to take it and shoots it comfortably into the top left corner. 1-0

28 mins. Luton get lucky when Boka hits the post from a free kick with Sage stranded.

78 mins. Newcastle battle hard and force several saves from Spuckler, eventually one of his shots spills and Newcastle are first to the ball. 1-1

Gazza is not happy with the way the squad let Newcastle back into the game in the second half.

Stevenage 2-2 Luton

Our feeder team get a chance next, it is a shame that Jonny Dean is injured as he knows these lads well. Dan Gleballs is on loan there, it will be interesting to see if they play him.

16 Mins. Soder scores after making himself some space 0-1

23 mins. Dawson sees a great long range shot go in. 0-2

25 mins. Luton over stretch themselves and concede a week goal. 1-2

41 mins. Proctor decides to make a crazy back pass to a Stevenage player. 2-2

Stevenage had 2 shots on target and got them both in the goal. Gazza is not happy.

The season start is not going well, we are leaking goals from silly mistakes.

Friendly game: Histon 1-2 Luton

We really need to keep a clean sheet this game against an opposition 3 leagues below us.

30 mins. There goes the clean sheet, Luton are being rather average in a game they should romp. Frith loses out in an aerial challenge and the ball loops over sage who is way off his line.1-0]

42 mins Soder loses out in a tackle and goes down. He can continue play but keeps pulling up and holding his upper body. Gazza will change him at half time, but it looks worrying.

44 mins. A Crawford corner is met by Holt on the far post and it is all square. 1-1

67mins. Griffiths-Smith gets free of his marker and places a pin point cross onto Blanco’s head. 1-2

88 mins. Nakano wins a header! Had to make sure everyone was aware.

I am not confident that we will do well this season, we can’t get the ball on target and we defend well until we make a silly mistake.

Soders injury is luckily on bruised ribs.

Stig is named captain for the season and Holt is his vice captain.

Farsley 0-7 Luton

With only one game before the season starts Gazza needs to ring the changes to shore up the Defence and improve the attacking options before the season starts. So he fields what he believes to be his best starting squad at this time, bar Soder who is nursing his ribs.

1 mins. A bright start, Dawson forces a great early save.

2 mins. Griffiths-Smith finds space out side the box and spots a great run from Dawson, the pace on his ball is perfect and Dawson beats his man, rounds the keeper and has the goal at his mercy. 0-1

6 mins Farsley make a change after Jackson is injured in a challenge with Pieterzoon.

10 mins. Griffiths-Smith wins the ball in space again, this time on the half way line. Dawson makes another great run and Griffiths-Smith plays a lovely ball forward. Dawson beats the keeper and pursuing defenders to the ball, side steps the diving keeper and shoots. 0-2

14 mins. Crawford crosses the ball to the other flank where McCarthy takes a long range shot that skims the goal face. It was crying out for someone to deflect it in.

16 mins. 20 yards out Dawson is obstructed and an indirect free kick is awarded. Crawford and Griffiths-Smith step up for the shot, Crawford taps the ball to Griffiths-Smith and he shoots, the shot deflects from the keeper and it is a goal. 0=3

21 mins. Holt picks up a long clearance and passes it out wide to Mccarthy who takes a quick look up and hits it high to Dawson on the penalty spot. Dawson out jumps his man and heads it in, hat trick! 0-4

24 mins. Dawson almost makes it 4 and wins a corner. Holts header is well high and wide.

Half time. Call Taggert, Farsley are being murdered! Several more chances fall to the Luton attack.

51 mins. Farsley have only had the ball in the Luton end for 2% of the game so far. That works out to 30seconds. That shows the domination Luton have in this game.

56 mins. A clearance falls to Griffiths-Smith 20 yards out , his shot flies through the crowded box and ends up in the goal. 0-5

80 mins. Stig taps the ball to the unmarked Crawford, his 25 yard shot is like a bullet, probably a good job the keeper didn’t get a hand on it, it would of broken his arms! 0-6

90 mins. In a carbon copy of his earlier goal, Griffiths-Smith blasts a clearance 25 yards into the net. That is his hat trick as well.0-7

That will be a great confidence boost for the boys. Griffiths-Smith is the first Luton player to receive a 10 rating, he fully deserves it!

So the season will start proper now. Our pre-season record has not been great, let us hope that when the chips are down the boys perform.

Lets hope we can keep up the momentum after that last win.

Very happy with the 2nd place in the PotY, well deserved winner! No consolation prizes? ;)

Good call to give Nakano 5 points as well, makes it a good way for the worse players to get better and still participate.

I'll be on and off for the coming 3 days, see you Monday if I can't get to a computer before then.

ZJ

Nakano really needs to learn how to jump! 5 points to jumping please.:)

Good choice, I thought rewarding the turkeys with the ability to shift points around was a good way to keep you in the team.

Nakano is now the proud owner of a Jumping 7 attribute. It increased his Mini-Scout rating by a point.

I noticed Hopper got injured in the Newcastle reserves game and has not been in the squad since. Is he out injured? If so, how long for?

Just injured for five days with a bruised head, your first ever injury according to the history.

Hope Kah can out muscle the 20 year olds =)

Might be difficult, they are on fire at the moment.

Lets hope we can keep up the momentum after that last win.

Very happy with the 2nd place in the PotY, well deserved winner! No consolation prizes? ;)

Good call to give Nakano 5 points as well, makes it a good way for the worse players to get better and still participate.

I'll be on and off for the coming 3 days, see you Monday if I can't get to a computer before then.

ZJ

You were winning the player of the year in the begining, but then you started getting 2nd and 3rd place votes to Haowans 1st and 2nd places.

Have a nice weekend, I am away for Saturday and most of Sunday so you will not miss a huge amount.

Few Questions:

q1. Is every one happy with the current format?

q2. Do you read the match updates, if not I could skip them and just post the screens, if you do then I will carry on.

q3. Any ideas on more involvement? Next season you get to choose your own Captain and Vice Captain, I have already appointed them this season, but I am happy to include you as much as possible in the teams and your players development.

q4. Season predictions, where do you think we will finish in the league and how many points will we get from the 138 on offer. I might award a prize at the end of the season for the closest prediction.

Answers to your questions:

1) - Format: The current format is excellent.

2) - Matchupdates: Yesterday I was thinking that it would be OK if you decided not to write so much in the matchreports. For example this one: 24 mins. Dawson almost makes it 4 and wins a corner. Holts header is well high and wide. would be OK to skip. I'm not reading all of them, but certainly the important matches.

3) - Involvment: Hmm. Not for the moment.

4) - Season prediction: 1st - 98 points (gotta be optimistic :))

1 - The current format is excellent.

2 - I read the report and look at the screenies, but if it saves you a significant amount of time I could definitely live with a less detailed report.

3 - Hmm, nothing springs to mind

4 - I'm going for 7th place with 81 points.

1. The format is great.

2. I read the reports, and look at the screenshots, but I agree with everyone else when they say they can live with less detail if its better for you.

3. No ideas as of yet. I'll keep thinking though.

4. I reckon we'll finish 10th on 70 points. The season after we'll be promoted.

Great updates as usual. :thup:

4. I reckon we'll finish 10th on 70 points. The season after we'll be promoted.

Which is exactly the target that i set for the team , great minds think a like.

But then again how much do i know, I set a target of 10th last season and look where that got us.

1. Format is excellent

2. Have skimmed the reports thus far - but when I'm playing I will read them properly

3. Struggling to think of anything - maybe votes on board requests?

4. Yeah, midtable seems realistic, but I'd like to think that we'd sneak a play-off spot.. Let's say seventh with 77 points...

Plus, I've scored twice, which is great, but both headers??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but my heading stat is appalling.. Must be something to do with being 6 foot 7...

Sanchez comes back from international duty, and the team scores 7. Surely not a coincidence. :cool:

The format you use is sound, the effort put in can not be faulted at all. I tend to just scan the match results and look at the screenshots instead, but that's just my preference.

I think we can grab a play-off spot, automatic promotion might be out of reach this year though. 84 point is my guess.

KUTVGW :thup:

Archived