The Luton Revival - Sign up.

Lots of new posts since last night. So much to catch up on. Shame about the loss against chester, but other than that january was quite a good month. Its also nice to see Luton have a nice and healthy goal difference. I'm very happy at my pass completion % of 84%. Only 3% behind the great Giovanni. Brill.

Also, could I ask for a brief summary of i'm doing? It seems to be the current trend. Thanks, and kutgw. This is a really good sign-up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like PPMs, I'd love to have one or two as long as I can choose em :). Don't think we should be allowed to add too many PPMs though, maybe 1 every other season or so so we'll end up with 1-3. 6 is slightly excessive.

Regarding those that don't post, do as you please. I'm not too bothered about anyone else as long as the team is doing well. If it allows others to have more players or get new active poster in I'm all in favour of getting rid of them.

I agree with ZJ.

Lots of new posts since last night. So much to catch up on. Shame about the loss against chester, but other than that january was quite a good month. Its also nice to see Luton have a nice and healthy goal difference. I'm very happy at my pass completion % of 84%. Only 3% behind the great Giovanni. Brill.

Also, could I ask for a brief summary of i'm doing? It seems to be the current trend. Thanks, and kutgw. This is a really good sign-up.

Thanks for the last comment.

Tom Smith is rotating with Theo Stig at the moment, he is now able to play AMC through to DM and has gained the required 12 CA already. Only Chopper is better in the role according to Mini Scout.

Jonny Dean playing well Going to be in your promotion charge next season. AN experianced player

Jonny Dean will be in the squad next year, but he is not as good as Sodar, the other Striker is currently on course for being written out next season. So the two of you will alternate.

seem to be in and out of team over last couple of months, but pleased to see im captain when i have been selected.

enjoying this lots KUTGW

You assistant captain at the moment and Pagiluca is Captain. As I am not playing Pagiluca you will be captain when you play. Your currently rotated off as you got a lot of matches earlier in the season. Glad your enjoying it.

League 2 Projection

We are fighting with Accrington, who through the projections, will be 2 points ahead of us for the final playoff spot.

I am interested in seeing your predictions this time, big changes in the points difference. It is getting tight in mid table.

February Season 07 Key Matches and Events

League Game: Rochdale 0-1 Luton

Top of the table Rochdale are next up, we drew against them 0-0 earlier this season.

12 mins. Chris Small gets free on the right wing and crosses into the box, Haowan is beaten to the ball by Ferry who clears the ball only as far as Dawson on the edge of the box. Dawson lets rip with a half volley using his left foot, one nil.

15 mins. Holt loses his man on the edge of the box but the shot screws far right.

22 mins. Le Fondre gets free again, Firth is way out of place and Holt is wrong footed, the shot flys high.

34 mins. Another dangerous cross by Rochdale, they are taking the game to Luton.

Half time. Luton are ahead, but it is not going to last at this rate.

Gazza gets the team to go more attacking, with a quick direct game, he also instructs them to close down earlier.

57 mins. Rochdale are still on top, but Luton are getting more of the ball. Haowan gets a free kick and forces a good save.

Subs. On Sanchez, Crawford and Giovanni. Off Hopper, McCarthy and Soder.

75 mins. The changes seem to be working. Good spell of possession for Luton.

82 mins. Jones fouls out wide and Holt has to clear into touch to avert a goal, he has been much better since half time. The corner cross is a won by Rochdale, but the header goes into the side net.

Full time. Good result, Luton had the better of the game after half time. Dawson gets the MoM.

Pieterzoon gets his first international game and a MoM

Samuel Page turns 17 and signs a professional contract

FA Cup Third Round: Man City 4-0 Luton

Match stats

Next up we travel to Manchester City for the FA Cup match and we are expected to get spanked. Gazza is not confident.

15 mins. All Man City but so far they have not managed a shot on target.

22 mins. Luton force a good save from Hart from a Dawson shot. Hart passes the ball to Jo, Jo pushes it wide to Robinho who runs unchallenged into the box. He passes the ball to Pandov who muscles Holt out of the way and slams the ball into the net. 1-0.

24 mins. Soft goal conceded. Robinho is still not being picked up and he passes the ball to Palacio who gets past a sprawling Firth and fires into the far bottom right corner.

28 mins. A cutting pass by Elano sets up Palacio for a great solo effort, but it is ruled out for off side, that was a tight call.

30-35 mins. Backs to the wall defending by Luton, this is going to be a cricket score unless Gazza can pull off a miracle.

40 mins. Good build up play by the Luton midfield, I counted 9 passes to set up Soder who with time and space shoots right into the keepers arms.

42 mins. End to end stuff. Pandev forces a Sage save then a Holt block before Haowan blasts one over the bar at the other end, it was a pity he was not in a Rugby match as that would of been a great conversion.

52 mins. It is all over for Luton. Wright-Phillips is given time on the wing and he passes it to Robinho who gets around his man and scores.

58 mins. Great bit of dirty play. Jones tries to kill Robinho on the wing and leaves him rolling on the grass, the ref waves play on. Gazza thumps the air in joy.

Subs. On Sanchez, Crawford and Giovanni. Off Pieterzoon (tired), Frith (ineffective) and Soder (ineffective).

60 mins. Pandev beats the offside trap and it is 4-0.

62 Mins. it is Dawsons turn to get free and hit one right at the keeper, not once but twice in succession.

70 mins. Man City have took their foot off the gas and Luton are looking for a "cheer the fans up" goal. A goal mouth scramble almost rewards them but Hart is having a wonder keeper match and blocks all three shots.

Full Time, the match stats do the game justice, it was superior finishing by Man City that amde the difference. 4-0 is not a bad result against a team 3 leagues above us.

Take heart from our defeat

League Game: Rotherham 2-0 Luton

With only the league to play for, Gazza was keen to impress on the players that a play off place was just out of reach unless they picked up their game. We can not suffer any more defeats or drop any silly points on draws that we should win.

with that point drilled into their heads we boarded a coach to the Don Valley Stadium home to Twelve placed Rotherham.

Giovanni was dropped from the squad, who now had an 18 year old as oldest player in the starting 11.

The low stamina of the squad was now starting to show and many of them are starting on 90-94% condition and the morale of the back four was low after their mauling at Man City the previous match.

11 mins. Rotherham started well, Small and McCarthy were stifled on the wings and they were pouring forward on the break. The opening goal came when Stig conceded a free kick right on the left edge of the box, Sinclair jumped clear of Jones and headed the ball over a flat footed Sage.

13 mins. Small does a super man impression and dives in the box, he gets a card for his trouble and a phone call after the match to inform him he is up for an Oscar next week as best supporting actor.

15 mins. Good play by Luton, A McCarthy cross is headed across the goal moth by Hopper for Soder to shoot right into the Rotherham keepers safe hands, Gazza is shaking his head, that really should of been a goal.

21 mins. A good spell of domination by Luton results in Dawson hitting the upright with a 25 yard shot, the keeper was no where near it.

23 mins. A Rotherham break is on, Cox is clear with only the goal keeper to beat, from no where Holt charges, making up several yards and slides in a telling tackle knocking the ball into touch. Relief on the away fans faces. Rotherham waste the resulting corner.

29 mins. Another good chance for Rotherham, Luton clear the ball, but it falls to Troisi who shoots just wide.

36 mins. Luton are on the ropes, Soder squanders another good chance then at the other end it is park a bus in front of the goal time as Rotherham gt 3 chances in a row.

Half time. It has been a bad half for Luton, on paper it looks an even match, but Rotherham will win this unless something changes. Gazza changes the role of Soder, asking him to run onto the ball and not hold it up. He also gets the midfield three to rotate positions.

63 mins. Luton have stated better, yet still they can not get the ball in the net. Time for some changes.

Subs. On Haowan and Sanchez. Off Dawson and Soder (both on a 6).

66, Stig gives another free kick away on the edge of the box with some shirt pulling. Gazza is livid. A goal mouth scramble follows and Luton are 2 down.

Subs. Off Stig(responsible for both goals) on Smith.

With nothing to lose, Gazza goes for a very attacking 4-4-2.

Full Time. Points lost. Gazza gives them hell in the changing room then heads off to the pub.

The Play Off Dream is over, mid table is the best we can hope for now.

Luton 3-0 Darlington

We beat Darlington three nil last time out. Gazza is really annoyed with the squad at the moment and can't be bothered to talk to them, useless toss pots.

7 mins. Luton have had 3 shots at Goal with two of them on Target, yet still they can't find the back of the onion bag. This is turning into a drought.

13 mins. It starts to drizzle! Pieterzoon and Small are working the right wing well. Peiterzoon floats a pin point cross into the box which is met be the diving head of Soder. Darlington are protesting that it is off side and they have a right to be aggrieved.

20 mins. Soder is back on form, firing the ball right at the keeper.

23 mins. Proctor gets a fantastic chance but it is cleared of the line by the last man.

37 mins. Small works the right touch line again and crosses into the box, Soder has another diving header and scores. Maybe he should play the whole match on his knees?

41 mins. Darlington screw one wide.

45 mins. Hopper and Soder play a one two and Hopper lets one blast at goal, 3-0.

60 mins. Subs. 9 rated Soder is off for Dawson. Crawford is on for a Griffiths-Smiths.

Constant pressure from Luton does not result in any more goals.

MoM for Soder.

It has just occurred to me that unless we get to about 10th place I am likely to be sacked, nothing like a spot of pressure to raise your game.

League Game: Brentford RIVALS 1-5 Luton

We manage a win against Bretford by a solitary goal, they are in 5th place this time.

1 min. Haowan so nearly gets a dream start from a free kick, the keeper pushes it wide. Haowan steps up for the corner and the cross is met by the charging Frith. 1-0.

11 mins. Great covering by Frith who blocks a Bentford shot.

19 mins. Soder waists a great chance which goes well wide after great midfield play.

23 mins. You can't give Haowan space on the edge of the box, after receiving the ball from Stig he advances on the keeper and curls the ball into the net. Haowan is delighted.

38 mins. Brentford get a goal after the ball deflects off Frith.

43 mins. Sage gets his hands on a great Brentford shot, good work by the keeper after Brentford beat the off side trap.

The Half time whistle arrives in time to save Luton from the growing pressure of Brentford attacks.

46 mins. Hopper plays the ball back for Haowan who plays a lovely ball forward for Soder to run onto. Soder has a lot to do but he finds space and gets the ball in the back of the net.

53 mins. Chopper rattles the post with a fierce shot. The central midfield are dominating this game.

57 mins. Stig gets clear and plays a long ball for Soder to chase, Soder gets closed down by the keeper and his shot is parried, the ball falls back to Soder who picks up Hooper running into the box and plays a superb through ball, Hopper taps it in.

Substitute time, every one is playing well, so it is just time for fresh legs.

Dawson, Crawford and Sanchez on for Jones, Haowan and Griffiths-Smith.

70 mins. Chopper almost gets another one, his Crawford cross header is blocked on the line.

82 mins. Crawford on the right wing crosses the ball into the crowded box and Dawson heads it in.

5-1 A fantastic result away from home against a rival team. MoM for Haowan.

League Game: Bury 0-2 Luton

Bury are struggling in the league and moral is low there.

26 mins. A nervous start for both sides, like two boxers sizing each other up. McCarthy feeds the ball into Haowan in the centre who then passes to Hopper in space. Hopper plays a through ball for Soder to chase and Soder does not waste the chance. Good to see him score one with his feet.

Half Time. A quite first half with Luton having the best of the game so far.

46 mins. Soder is back to using his head as he meets a Small cross, great goal even better assist.

58 mins. Bury on the attack, the Luton defence are having to throw them selves infront of shot after shot. Gazza gets his bench warming up.

Subs On Crawford for Pieterzoon (tired) and Dawson for Hopper (tired).

71 mins. Bury fans are heading for the exit.

76 mins. Sage pulls of a great save from a free kick.

Full time. A great team display. MoM for Sador.

League Game: Luton 4-0 Notts Co

22nd place Notts County come to a Luton side on a high, we dropped points against them in a one all draw at their place.

6 mins. Small passes in field to Stig who dwells on the ball while the other players make runs. Soder breaks and finds him self some space on the edge of the D and shoots. One Nil.

10 mins. frith and Proctor combine to prevent a shot on goal, good team work.

18 mins. The wide men are playing great, small forces the County defenders to earn their pay with several good crosses before McCarthy passes back to Jones in acres of space. Jones crosses with pin point accuracy and Soder heads against the post. Haowan wins the race to the rebound and passes into the empty goal. 2-0.

46 mins. The wide game is winning it for Luton, Small finds Hopper completely unmarked on the edge of the 18 Yard box and he puts in a speculative shot which finds the back of the net.

Great first half, can the Notts Co manager turn it around?

50 mins. Stig and Small combine in a carbon copy of their first goal, the County keeper manages to block it this time. County are on the back foot.

53 mins. Rare goal from a corner, Haowan crosses for Soder to head in.

61 mins. Gazza has a challenge for his subs, with every player on an 8 apart from Page (7) and Soder (9) he has to work on condition and who needs a run out.

Subs on Nakano and Dawson. Off Haowan and Frith.

No change as Luton coast to victory.

Soder gets a MoM.

Hooper turns 17 and gets a professional contract.

Fixture List

First team Squad

Jonny Dean on Loan

No goal of the month for a Luton player

Young player of the month

Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Points above 23nd place and safety = 22

Points difference to a play off position = 6 (can we do it?)

Theo Stig becomes the first player to receive an inquiry.

Aberdeen want to know how much we want for him,

I suggested that 10 million, 50% of next sale and a buy back of 15 million was acceptable. They don't seem to think that is fair.

Tough luck.

Yeay, YPotM. Should atleast increase my rep a bit, for better or for worse. Seem to be doing well. Lets hope I can keep it up and start a charge towards the top of the scoring list although it seems unlikely.

Very good updates, a suggestion though if its not too much work: when you do the minute updates, put in the current score in the lines where a goal is scored. Sometimes I miss that someone scored :)

Anyway, I'm impressed by your work, makes great reading. Lets hope we can keep the form up and ensure you don't get sacked so we can either go for a playoff this season or challenge for the title next season.

Theo Stig gets 3 more inquiries, including premier flops Hull who are in 20th place.

All withdraw their offers after Gazza asks for the moon on a stick.

I have started offering new contracts to all the 17 and 18 year olds to keep them a while longer.

Next update may be Wednesday, I am busy most of Tuesday and Thursday.

Our last 10 games of the season include matches against 10th, 9th, 7th, 6th, 4th and 3rd.

Our destiny is in our own hands in a tight league, 12th to 3rd is separated by 9 points .

(ZJ, match up-dates will now include running scores in bold.)

If you fail to reach the play-off, it wouldn't be a disaster. Maybe it would be good for the lads with one more season in League 2. But I'm confident that you can do it. My guess is that we'll end at 5th position.

I see that three of us has Wanted-signs - Theo Stig, Haowan and my self Cletus Spuckler. Which clubs are interested in Haowan and me? And about Soder: Fantastic season, I must say. Pure goalmachine...

Excellent sign-up. (have entered several other sign-ups that never got started on this forum, so I'm excited that this one does)

If you fail to reach the play-off, it wouldn't be a disaster. Maybe it would be good for the lads with one more season in League 2. But I'm confident that you can do it. My guess is that we'll end at 5th position.

I see that three of us has Wanted-signs - Theo Stig, Haowan and my self Cletus Spuckler. Which clubs are interested in Haowan and me? And about Soder: Fantastic season, I must say. Pure goalmachine...

Excellent sign-up. (have entered several other sign-ups that never got started on this forum, so I'm excited that this one does)

Currently wanted:

Frith - Sunderland & Swansea

Stig - Barnsley, Hull, Norwich, Sheff Utd & Aberdeen

Haowan - Swansea, Wolves, Zaragoza, Recreativo & Salamanca

Spuckler - Gillingham, Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Tranmere, Wrexham, Dundee Utd & Partick Thistle

So far Stig is the only one to receive offers, which is a suprise as he is one of the lesser players in the squad.

The transfer screen will make up part of the players yearly round up.

Cheers for the last comment, I will try and keep it going as long as you are all interested, the pace may slow down, I am currently showing 2 days and 9 hours game time for less than one season, not sure I can maintain my target of a season a week. It will probably slip to a season per fortnight.

I just had a Homer Simpson Doh moment.

It occurred to me that the players who are rotated off are just sitting in the first squad gathering dust.

I am now sending them to the reserves to keep them in match practice, I can't believe I didn't do this earlier, especially as the reserves have no GK.

So you should all be getting matches at any one time from now on.

I reckon we will grab a play-off place, with 12 games left 6 points more than the 7th place team is easily claimable. Though saying that, the teams between us and them will also have that aim.

But if we carry on with this form (ignoring the Rotherham game), we should be able to do it.

Since I can't check the screenshots here at work (damn the filter that blocks photobucket!), I'll have to do it when I get home tonight. Anyway, too bad about the Man City replay, though we did well just to get that far.

If you get sacked, I would just create another manager and take over the same team to keep it going. :thup:

March Season 07 Key Matches and Events

A new month an renewed optimism around the Kenilworth Road. We need to catch up 6 points in 12 matches to get 7th place. Even with a loss last month, Luton winning every other game and the other top teams messing up has thrown us a life line.

League Game: Luton 3-2 Morecambe

Morecambe embarrassed us 5-2 in our previous meeting, let us hope for some revenge this time as we can not lose any more games.

Soder rested as he is cream crackered.

16 seconds. Dawson forces a save from a long range shot.

1 min. Penalty. The corner is cleared but Luton take the ball back into the box and Dawson is obstructed. Stig steps up for another penalty and continues his 100% record of scoring from penalties. 1-0

4 mins. Dawson forces another save with a long range effort.

8 mins. Dawson injured, was that deliberate?. Sober is his replacement.

40 mins. Morecambe have not had a chance, Luton attack in wave after wave. Small in particular is having a blinder. Haowan wins a free kick on the edge of the area, his shot is parried by the keeper, but Small is there to get the loose ball and scores.2-0

46 mins. Restart and it is all Luton again. Haowan takes a corner which is cleared by Morecambe as far as Jones who shoots through the crowd to make it three3-0

60 mins. Morecambe still have not threatened the Luton goal. Gazza gets the bench warmed up.

Subs. Crawford on for McCarthy (tired).

60 mins. Morecambe get a goal.3-1

75 mins. Morecambe are getting back into the game, the last ten minutes has been all them.

81 mins. Another Morecambe goal. Gazza has his head in his hands as Luton implode. What ever their manager said at half time is working wonders.3-2

Full Time. Luton manage to hold on for the 3 points.

A good results in the other matches, 6th place draw, 7th place lose, 8th and 9th draw. The gap to 7th place is down to 4 points. Even Gazza is starting to think we have a chance, we just need them to all mess up two times more than us in the last matches.

Aberdeen boss watches Theo Stig, the toss pot he can keep his hands off our players.

Dawsons injury

League Match: Lincoln 1-3 Luton

We beat Lincoln in our last encounter and they are down in 22nd place now so this "should" be points in the bag, apart from they beat 7th placed Aldershot last match.

Sodar is back for the injured Dawson.This is Pages last match before he rotates out for 10 matches again. Delgado gets his chance on the right of defence at Pieterzoons expense.

12 mins. A Haowan free kick arrives in the melee in front of the goal mouth, Small wins the ball and passes to the edge of the box where Haowan is rushing in. The grateful Haowan wallops the ball goal ward and is rewarded with a goal. 0-1

26 mins. Both wings are playing well and Small crosses the ball in front of goal mouth to McCarthy, his shot is too close to the keeper.

35 mins. A great spell of play for Lincoln is ended by Small winning the ball near the Luton corner flag, he makes a telling long distance pass for Soder to run onto. The defence close Soder down but leave a gap for Haowan who passes it first time to McCarthy who has lost his man in the box. Beautiful end to end footy. 0-2

43 mins. Hooper wants his turn and forces a great save.

45 +1mins. The Luton midfield is playing well, Stig in the holding roll is keeping the Lincoln attacking force honest. Soder has a close range shot stopped.

49 mins. Proctor and Firth make a few telling tackles in the box as Lincoln come out of the blocks fast in the second half.

50 mins. Hopper gets his goal. A long range Frith ball is held up by Soder and Chopper gets hold of it with a cracking chip from the edge of the box. 0-3

52 mins. Page madness. A long ball over the top of the Luton defence is charged down by Page, he miss controls the ball 25 yards out and it falls to the grateful Lincoln Striker who has a gift wrapped empty goal. 1-3

66 mins. Gazza warms up his bench.

Subs. On Smith and Griffiths-Smith off Stig (Yellow card) and Haowan (tired)

68 mins. Griffiths-Smiths first touch of the ball is a rocket of the shot that goes narrowly wide.

79 mins. Sage is having a nightmare, he comes for another ball and is beaten to it. luckily the shot goes high and wide.

83 mins. Jones makes a great tackle to end a Lincoln attack putting the ball into touch. Sage makes a brave tackle to take the ball off the Lincoln strikers foot from the corner.

MoM for Haowan.

8th beats 6th, 7th draws, 9th Draws, 5th beats 4th and 3rd draws in a fantastic weekend for Luton.

We are now up to 11th and only 2 points behind 7th with 10 games to play.

We are only 9 points off an auto-promotion, dare we dream?

Luton 1-0 Aldershot

Aldershot are over performing in League 2 this season and lie in 7th place, the last play off position and our target. No need to emphasise that we must win this game at all costs. We beat them away last time 3-0, so that is a good omen.

3 mins. It is not a good start for Luton, Aldershot are on the rampage and only good saves from Sage have kept a clean sheet. Gazza is already on his feet yelling at his players to get organized.

13 mins. Haowan and McCarthy working the wing combine and Haowan cuts in and lets rip with his trade mark long distance shot, the keeper blocks the shot and it spills from his hands, he is just quicker than Soder to the loose ball.

18 mins. Aldershot are giving Luton a lot of respect and Soder fires one goal bound from 30 yards out. The keeper has to tip it over his bar. The corner deflects to Hooper who has his point blank shot blocked by the man on the line.

30 mins. Gazza is offering to buy Small some glasses, his crossing has been dreadful so far.

Half Time. Luton are on top, but unless they score Aldershot are going to be a threat on the break. Gazza has words with Soder, Hopper and Stig who have been ineffective down the centre all match.

49 mins. Aldershot must of had some great oranges as they come out the blocks fast and force more heroics from sage.

50 mins. Meanwhile up the other end Soder thinks he is playing rugby and fires another one way over the bar.

56 Soder and then Haowan force saves from the Aldershot keeper. Gazza starts warming up the bench and points at Soder ominously.

Subs On Crawford and Griffiths-Smith. Off Soder and McCarthy.

64 mins. Jones makes it too easy for the keeper with a shot straight into his arms.

72 mins. Brilliant free kick by Griffiths-Smith and an equally brilliant diving save by the keeper.

74 mins. Aldershot push forward and Frith makes a brilliant interception to clear the ball up field where Haowan beats the last man, pursued by 5 Aldershot players he runs half the length of the pitch and keeps his cool to score, the whole team mob him, this means a lot to them.1-0.

89 mins. the official signals 3 minutes of stoppage time. Luton have been playing with a lot of confidence since the first goal, but the Aldershot keeper is on for a MoM award.

92 mins. The Crawford intercepts a Aldershot back pass and runs unopposed towards goal, his shot is too close to the keeper who gets a hand to it. The ball continues goal ward at a leisurely pace and is cleared just before it crosses the line.

As expected the Aldershot keeper gets MoM for his 11 saves. Not mentioned above but Delgardo on the right of defence was one of our better players, ending a lot of Aldershot attacks early.

Good results conspire to get us up to 8th place. We are 1 point off the play offs now, I am seriously thinking that 3rd is a possibility, only 9 points away with 9 games to go. Bradford are comfortably in 3rd and have a much easier run in but we meet them on the last day of the season, that could be a nail biter, so we need to get 6 points on them in 8 games to have a chance of stealing 3rd.

League Game: Luton 3-1 Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury are now in 7th place only one point above us, so a victory here puts us in the play off position, way ahead of schedule. To add spice, their striker, Drew Talbot, was a Luton player sold to them earlier in the year, he is quite handy with a PA of 101 and Mini Scout rating of 56. We beat them 2-0 at there home ground this season.

6 mins. Soder gets free on the wing and crosses, Crawford gets a good shot on goal which is saved.

11 mins Haowan swings a corner in Soder standing on the near post rises above his marker and nods it in. 1-0.

14 mins. Soder tries a Haowan and fires one from 40 yards out, the keeper gets his mitts on it.

20 mins. Talbot and Proctor compete for a high ball and Proctor loses out. Talbot takes the ball unchallenged into the box. Sage tries to close him down, but Talbot dummies past him and fires into the empty goal. 1-1.

21 mins. Gazza orders his defenders to kick Talbot hard.

27 mins. Sure hands from Sage who saves a great free kick effort.

34 mins. Talbot is carrying the whole Shrewsbury team and forces another save after he gets behind the back of the Luton defence.

Half time. Luton should be cruising, but an ex-player is keeping them honest.

51 mins. Soder takes a kicking and looks tired. Gazza gets his bench warming up.

52 mins. With Soder still off the pitch having treatment, Luton pile on the pressure. A poor Shrewsbury clearance finds Stig in space 30 yards out, he hits a spectacular volley and as the commentator said "oooh what a Goal!". 2-1.

58 mins. Another great corner from Haowan, who floats the ball to the far post across the very crowded box. Small leaps into the air like a salmon and heads the ball goal ward. 3-1.

Subs. Crawford and Griffiths-Smith on and McCarthy and Soder off. Haowan moves up front.

67 mins. Griffiths-Smith finds space and runs into the box, his final touch is poor.

69 mins. Haowan goes down from a hard tackle and is injured, Gazza has to be restrained.Haowan is holding his arm and looks in pain. He will have to come off.

Subs. Sanchez moves up front for the stretchered off Haowan.

85 mins. Another good save from Sage.

90 mins. Shrewsbury are playing dirty. Another yellow for another hard tackle, this time Crawford is the victim. he looks ok.

MoM for Small which is well deserved. Solid work by the winger all match.

Break out the jelly and ice cream, we are in a play off position joint 6th.

Haowan is only out for 6 days, that is a relief.

Smith injured, injections or Physio, that is the question?

League Game: Gillingham 2-1 Luton

Gillinghm gave us a hell of game the last time in a 5-3 thriller, Luton's home advantage won over in the end. Gazza is hoping that they don't fight as hard this time round.

Gazza names a heavily changed side as he rotates in a few players who have played less games.

2 mins. Terrible start, The new look defence stand confused as Martin gets free in the box and scores. Frith will have to take the blame, he was no where near his man. 1-0

4 mins. A Stig free kick hits the wall.

10 mins. Soder forces a good save.

18 A great chance for Soder, but he is off side. Surely Luton can equalise soon.

21 mins. stig hits the wall again from an identical position.

28 mins. A long distance shot clatters of Frith and wrong foots Spuckler, he has to change direction quickly and only just saves it. The attempt came from a poor Jones clearance.

39 mins. Frith obstructs Martin in the box. Penalty. Gazza is furious with the ref and lets rip a string of obscenities. Spuckler dives the correct way but is still beaten. 2-0.

45 mins. Life line. Soder gets the ball in the net after some fantastic midfield build up play. 2-1.

Half time. You can here Gazza shouting from the touch line. He is not a happy bunny.

52 mins. Spuckler is forced into another save from a long distance shot. The Luton marking is terrible.

56 mins. Nice shot Stig, he eventually gets one on target and forces a save.

Subs. Nakano and Crawford are both letting the side down. Gazza brings on Small and Proctor to replace them.

68 Proctor blocks a shot and puts in a good challenge to reward the gaffers faith. Griffiths-Smith makes a terrible back pass and Stig has to intervene.

Subs. Fresh legs on Haowan for Griffiths-Smith.

77 mins. Jones crosses for Small to get his head on to, the keeper rises at the same time and shows safe hands.

Full time. Despite having the better of the match Luton come off second best and we are out of the play offs.

We was robbed!!

League Game: Luton 1-0 Accrington

Tenth placed Accrington are our next opponents. We only managed a 1-1 draw in our first meeting.

30 mins. Nothing to report, this is a midfield battle and neither side is getting on top.

31 mins. Finally, Haowan takes a shot which is saved.

Surely the second half can only get better?

48 mins. Goal! Haowan right on the edge of the pitch and at least 45 yards out crosses the ball into the box. Marsh for Accrington wins the ball but his headed clearance drops fro Crawford who uses his skill to get past his marker and scores his first ever goal for Luton. 1-0.

58 mins. Crawford takes down Monkhouse who has to receive treatment for a head wound.

Subs on Hopper, Holt and Sanchez. Off Nakano, Stig and McCarthy.

64 mins. Crawford gets a second chance but the shot is blocked.

Full Time and a deserved MoM for Crawford.

It is such a shame we lost the last match as 4th beats 3rd, 2nd draws, 1st draws, 5th beats 6th. We are still in 8th place 2 points off 7th and 7 from 3rd.

League Game: Macclesfield 1-1 Luton

Another team we drew against last outing.

The boys are getting tired now as the season draws to he close.

1 mins. Jones earns an early yellow card, he will have to be carful now.

2 mins. Macclesfield get the early chance but the shot skims over the bar.

15 mins. Haowan burst into the box, finding his route block he stabs the ball left for Sober who smashes it against the bar.

17 mins. The stig continues his trend of blasting the ball into the wall from free kicks.

27 mins. The Stig is in space and feeds Griffiths-Smith who slides a pass into Sober who has got free in the box. he makes the most of the chance and scores. The boy Soder is climbing the top scorer chart, can he get to the top.

30 mins. Dunfield of Macclesfield tries to swap shirts with Stig and gets penalised for holding.

Half time. Luton look good for there lead.

56 mins. frith becomes the 3rd Luton player to be booked.

Subs. On Holt, Small and Hopper. Off Nakano (poor), Haowan (tired), McCarthy (tired).

63 mins. First Delgado then Frith and finally Jones make interceptions to deny Macclesfield a scoring chance.

70 mins. Stig blast the ball over the post and into the fans behind goal.

77 mins. frith is injured and goes down, Luton have to win the ball back before they can kick it into touch. Gazza is going mental. Holt confronts the player responsible who raises his hands and pushes him, the ref has no other course than to book him. Gazza has a quite word with his captain to nail him (tackling hard).

81 mins. Jones becomes only the second player to get sent off for a second yellow card for a silly tackle. Luton are down to 10 men. Macclesfield take the free kick and Griffiths-Smith miss clears it right to a Macclesfield player, it is in the net. 1-1.

Full time. Luton hold on for a draw. The gaffer is not happy.

MoM for Soder.

Luton look like they want to make life as difficult as the can for them selves. It has all gone belly up since I put Spuckler and Nakano back in defence, weird, they look fine on paper.

Jones Fined and he thinks it is unfair.

Frith is out for a week with a facial injury, but Dawson is back from injury.

Fixture List

First team Squad

Jonny Dean on Loan

Goal of the MonthWe have a winner!

No Young player of the month

Manager of the MonthI thought I was rubbish, so this was a surprise

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Points above 23nd place and safety = 31

Points difference to a play off position = 2 (we were there, how did we throw it away?)

Wicked stuff. Haven't read in a day or two so coming to see that I can read 4 month summaries on the trot was a very nice surprise. :D

Happy with how I've done. :) Shame about the last two months though. Since the Man City defeat my ratings seem to have wavered. :(:p

Brilliant stuff, kutgw. Loving it. :)

April Season 07 Key Matches and Events

Lets hope for April showers of points for Luton (see what I did there?). We sit only 2 points outside the play off places with 15 points on offer. Luton imploded at the end of March and dropped 5 points that would not only have seen them in a play off place, but only 3 points behind 3rd place with that team our last opponent of the year. Only a perfect 5 from 5 is going to keep that distant dream alive and then we need other teams to do us favours, not once but twice.

Let the mind games begin.

League Game: Dag & Red 0-3 Luton

Away to 9th place Dag & Red who can also snatch a play of place. Both teams are up for this game as it is effectively a 6 pointer. We had the better of them 3-1 at home, so we should, on paper at least, win this one.

2 mins. Soder is having lumps kicked out of him, 2 fouls in 2 minutes. Gazza has asked Soder to mark the opposition DL this match in an experiment.

23 mins. Luton are the dominant team but chances are few and far between.

24 mins. Simmons booked for diving in the box, nice ne ref.

34 mins. Good build up play ends with Soder screwing a shot wide.

36 mins. Spuckler has to pull off a great save to take the ball away from the feet of McMurrey.

37 mins. Simmons and Proctor go for the same long ball and Proctor loses his footing. Simmons has a free run at goal. Spuckler closes him down and makes him self big, it is enough to deflect the first shot. Simmons picks up the ball again and Spuckler is out of place, a great tackle by Delgado nicks the ball from his feet and Sanchez clears.

53 mins. 7 shots but only 1 on target sums up the Luton performance.

58 mins. Rings out the changes. Soder and Haowan are off and Gleballs makes his return from loan alongside Dawson back from injury.

68 mins. A Dag & Red defensive error, the GK rolls the ball our to his CB who doesn't see Dawson bearing down on him. Dawson nicks the ball and moves towards goal. with the Keeper rushing him Dawson keeps his cool and drives it low into the far corner. 0-1.

70 mins. Gleballs shows his inexperience with a long pace back to Nakano on the wing, Nakano has to battle to win the ball and clear it into touch. He wags his finger at Gleballs who shrugs.

72 mins. Dag & Red defenders have to throw their bodies in the way of 2 thunderous strikes.

75 mins. GOAL for Gleballs. Proctor plays it wide for McCarthy who spots that Gleballs has got between the Centre Backs, Gleballs receives the ball and with only the Goalie to beat scores. 0-2.

79 mins. Another goal for Gleballs. A Sanchez pass is intercepted only for Gleballs to steal the ball on the half way line, he then runs 30 yards before blasting it into the roof of the net. 0-3.

MoM for Gleballs, Soder has some competition. (such a shame that Gleballs is the only player in the sign up who is not being followed).

We go 6th on goal difference and close the gap to 2nd and 3rd to 7 points with 4 games to go.

League Match: Lincoln 2-0 Grimsby

Grimsby are down in 22nd place, morale is terrible and we beat them at their home ground 4-1. Sounds like a recipe for a thumping.

Grimsby turn up playing 3-5-2, they are obviously hoping to keep our midfield pinned down.

5 mins. Speckler way outside the box spots a charging run by McCarthy down the left wing and plays him a beautiful pass. McCarthy runs to the corner before whipping a cross to the far side of the box where Crawford runs onto it and blasts it over the keeper. 1-0

26 mins. Crawford and McCarthy are playing well and threatening from both sides, the Grimsby Back 3 is leaving loads of space out wide for them to exploit.

40 mins. The crosses are flying in, but Soder is losing the heading contest.

Half time. Soder off and Gleballs who is excellent in the air is on.

52 mins. Gleballs is winning the heading game, but not beating the keeper.

60 mins. "Am I a genius or what?" asks Gazza as Gleballs rises to meet a Haowan corner and makes it two for Luton.2-0

62 mins. Subs on Dawson and Holt for Griffiths-Smith and Nakano.

79 mins. Crawford goes on a solo run beating 3 Grimsby players, his shot is parried and cleared just before it crosses the line.

A deserved MoM for Crawford.

1st, 2nd and 3rd all draw and 4th place loses!

Luton are up to 5th, 4 points off 2nd and 3rd place but only 1 point above 8th. The play off places are very tight.

Luton 1-0 Chesterfield

Half time. Chesterfield have yet to threaten, meanwhile Luton have had 12 shots at goal but only a quarter of them on target. Gazza sends them out more attacking and gets Dawson and Gleballs to swap positions at will.

53 mins. A Sanchez through ball picks out Dawson in the box and he scores. 1-0.

56 mins. Subs on Hopper and Sober for Gleballs and Haowan. Fresh legs in attack.

Full time. Luton only have 1 goal to show for 22 shots at goal and 8 on target. Dawson is MoM but it should really go to the Chesterfield Central defender Hutchings who never put a foot wrong.

1st 2nd and 4th win but 3rd loses. Bradford our last game of the season are top, so unless they lose in the next match we must rely on results else where to get 3rd.

The League is so close that it is still possible for us to finish 1st to 10th.

League Game: Wyombe 0-1 Luton

This is the battle of 4th verse 5th, so a must win game to keep our hopes of an Auto promotion alive.

Our last outing was a goalless snore draw.

Soder is recalled.

11 mins. A cagey affair with both sides knocking the ball around midfield, Luton have been the most aggressive so far.

20 mins. Wycombe are now on the attack, a Stig, Spuckler mix up almost bundles the ball over the line for an own goal.

25 Nakano is having a torrid time on the back left, miss-reading the flight of the ball on 3 occasions.

Half time and neither side can make the break thought with only 3 shots each.

58 mins. Gazza brings on Gleballs, Griffiths-Smith and Hopper for Soder, Dawson and Nakano. Snachez moves to left back.

73 mins. Bournemouth and Rochdale are also drawing, Luton must score or they will not make 3rd place. Gazza shouts at them to get forward.

80 mins. Crawford puts a cross in to the box and under pressure from the defence Gleballs puts it away. 0-1

Brentford are ahead, but Rochdale are still drawing.

Game over. Luton have done their part all they can do now is wait for the other results to trickle in.

MoM for Crawford. Gazza tells the team they did what was needed.

Bradford win, Rochdale and Bournemouth draw.

We finish April in 4th spot, needing to beat top of the table Bradford at home while either Rochdale lose against 10th place Aldershot or Bornemouth lose against 17th place Bury.

What ever happens we are guaranteed at least 5th place and a play off.

Fixture List

First team Squad

Jonny Dean on Loan Is injured badly,but does get this reward.

No one in Goal of the Month

No Young player of the month

Manager of the Month

League Table

Player Stats

Overview

Points above 23nd place and safety = Can not finish lower than 5th!

Points difference to a play off position = Play off secured!

How long do I keep you all waiting for the last match of the League?

Cue evil laughter, Mwhahahahahahahaha!

I will try and get the season finished for tomorrow.

1) Start thinking of a PPM for your player as I will add them at the end of the season.

2) How do you feel about every one voting for their top 3 players of the season and the winner gets an extra PPM? If you like the idea, vote your your first choice, second choice and third choice. You get 1 point for each 3rd vote, 2 for each second and 3 for each 1st place vote.

You CANNOT vote for your self.

I will total the points after 24 hours.

3) Also choose one TURKEY of the season, award that to the player who has been the weakest link (I know where my vote is going).

Wait until the season ends before you vote.

Any other ideas to get you all involved?

First of all: Great work. It's really some effort you're putting in to the monthly reports.

I was thinking that, instead of a screenshot of the match-rating, how about showing the Home/Away-Stats for Luton? That'll tell how everyone has played in the match, eg. shots on goal, assists, key-tackles, key-saves and such.

Now, go crush them Bradford...

I'll have the PPM "Tries Long Shots" ;D

And I'm not too keen on the voting idea (cos if the winner was already good enough to be voted that many times, then getting another PPM would just make him even better and harder to catch up with) , but if I had to:

1. Soder (naturally)

2. Gleballs

3. Craig Hopper (eh, highest average rating)

KUTGW!

Another excellent update, I'm enjoying this sign up a lot.

As for my player, I've just noticed that he's got the highest average rating in the team so far with a respectable 7.38. He's also wanted, can you tell me who's after him?

I'd like him to have the PPM 'Shoots with Power' please for next season.

As for the voting I think it's a good idea that will get people involved.

My first choice is Soder for his excellent return of 24 goals this season.

My second choice is long shot specialist Haowan.

My third choice is the rock at the back Theo Stig.

And my turkey award choice would have to be Ricky Nakano for his average rating of 6.50!

Haowan, go for Shoots with Power instead. Tries Long Shots isn't good on a AMC unless he is truly great at technique, long shots and decisions. :)

I'll vote as soon as the season is over. If people think a PPM is too much, a "get rid of injury free" card or "change one hidden attribute up/down by x points" (within limits) would also work. Those would be more fun as well.

Great that I'm getting some rotation, I think the end of the season is always going to really tough on me as I'm slowly worn down during the year.

Can I have PPM "Moves into Channels" as well. Given that I'm up there alone, if I can get into channels as often as possible the better chance of holding the ball up or going through with it.

Lets kick ass in playoffs and make it to the next division so we can battle it out there for a season or 2 while players develop and we can make a run for promotion again.

Good work, love the updates.

Okay, I'll follow ZJ's advice and have "Shoots With Power" instead.

Thanks

I'm just being egoistic, don't want you taking long shots when you can pass me instead ;). Seriously though, the only difference now will be that when you shot, you will hit it hard and in my experience players with that PPM tend to score a lot while players with Tries Long shots takes shots it when they shouldn't. Given that you are already making good passing/shooting decisions (7 goals/17 assist is pretty awesome) don't want you to change that.

And also good to see Nakano in the starting lineup.:)

Nakano is my award for TURKEY of the season, I have had to put him on the left wing as I do not trust him in front of goal any more, He has several stats in the mental area that combine to make him oblivious to the world around him. He miss about 50% of the long balls over his head, is a liability at the end of a game and gives away countless fouls on the edge of the box. I am really at a loss how to retrain him, I think he needs a Mentor, so I am currently hunting for an excellent old defender/full back to take into the squad.

Otherwise we can only hope time will be kind to him, in the wizard of OZ he would be the scare crow.

I am wondering if a loan move might be another idea.

I'm kinda already involved, with the excel table :D

Can't think of any other ideas atm, will post if I think of anything interesting.

The excel table is great, I am going to try and track you all on excel by CA verses time and mini scout rating verses time if it doesn't detract from the game playing.

I was thinking that, instead of a screenshot of the match-rating, how about showing the Home/Away-Stats for Luton? That'll tell how everyone has played in the match, eg. shots on goal, assists, key-tackles, key-saves and such.

Probably a good idea to use the home/away ratings, we don't really care about the other side. I will do that for the Next match so you can all see what you think.

I'll vote as soon as the season is over. If people think a PPM is too much, a "get rid of injury free" card or "change one hidden attribute up/down by x points" (within limits) would also work. Those would be more fun as well.

Very good idea, I will offer the winner a choice of the three. There is still time to vote once the season has finished.

Finally, thanks for all the positive feed back and praise, it is good to know that the work involved is appreciated, it goes a long way to keeping me motivated to boot it up each day. I am really enjoying this game, it is like no other game I have played before, normal I go for ultra realism and work my way up from lower leagues to a top rated club.

if any of you have an idea for a new player to join the sign up please give them a nudge in this direction, we will be losing one of our young starlets at the end of this season and I would like to offer the chance to someone to either take over the roll or add in a new player. Some of you guys run, or are in other sign ups and probably know some one who will be active.

Its all changed on here hasnt it. Last looked last night at around 10pm, and now I find myself reading 2months worth of updates. Brilliant.

Very pleased about the playoff position. Cant believe we're on the last match of the season already. Very exciting.

As for the PPM ideas that have been thrown around, I think that its a good idea. Especially the award thing for players player of the season. I think its safe to say soder is gonna be getting that...maybe....

Kutgw. Really good sign-up.

I'll have the PPM shoots with power as well please.

As for voting I'll wait until the end of the season as well.

For a player to recommend is Deltoro or Bamatoon involved in this as they are both pretty regular poster in my sign up. Other than that I think most of the people in mine are in here.

Keep up the great work though it must be hard to post that much info at such regular intervals. :thup:

Just writing up the May report, it is a long one.

I am starting to receive bids on players, some insulting, some flattering.......

Interesting. I really don't want to leave Luton, but with my season average rating it may be difficult to hold onto me (there's nothing like blowing your own trumpet :p).

If the chairman accepts bids for me you should kill him off in the editor and replace him with someone as stupid as Gazza.

Interesting. I really don't want to leave Luton, but with my season average rating it may be difficult to hold onto me (there's nothing like blowing your own trumpet :p).

If the chairman accepts bids for me you should kill him off in the editor and replace him with someone as stupid as Gazza.

His interference is already set at 2, so unless it is a fantastic bid we should be safe.

His interference is already set at 2, so unless it is a fantastic bid we should be safe.

Good news, now all I've got to worry about is my player getting too big for his boots and requesting a transfer. If he does you have my permission to fine him a months wages for being a big headed little git ;)

On a seperate note, I'm amazed he didn't get sent off at all this season considering some of his attributes, both visible and hidden! Did he get any cards at all?

Archived