Big player with small nationality?

I had two Palestinian regens in a previous save (come through in the same intake)

I found it a little weird because I had no knowledge of Palestine (or maybe some 5% Muelensteen thing) at the time

I had a Cypriot regen come through (I bought 2 of them, but one didn't make it) although I ended the save before his breakthrough season

Arsenal had a world-class striker through their youth intake on FM11 who was from London but elected to represent his second nationality... Montserrat. :D

Seen good players from New Zealand and Madagascar as well. The best obscure one I've managed was a great technical winger from Sudan named Haytham Suleiman who was a leading premier league player!

as a Faroese manager, I got a faroese player come through my youth squad in Newcastle in FM14. He eventually turned into a very good Premier League defender, playing 400+ matches for me. Not world class, but he was probably in top 10 defender in EPL. Of course he also was a star for the national team :D

Canada have a surprisingly high number of world-class or Premier League-quality players in my FM13 save. In 2021, Manchester City have a Canadian goalkeeper and a Canadian centre-back in their regular starting XI.

In my FM15 holiday save, Man City's Vietnamese-born striker Do Manh Ha twice came 3rd in the Ballon d'Or. He played internationally for England, though, so I don't think that counts.

I have seen several Costa Rican players. One Left winger who is decent PL player, and another I'm signing from Ajax who is a AMC wonderkid, looks like potential to be world class/leading prem.

Also found a decent looking GK from South Korea, stats looked very good, but only 5'9...

Archived