Will the Tottenham goalkeeper Gomez throw the ball out over the half way line?

Watch Tottenham's new goalkeeper when he launches the ball up the field. His throw is wicked!

Most keepers will be able to throw a ball over the half way line!!

He should concentrate more on bread and butter shot stopping then throwing!!!

Most keepers will be able to throw a ball over the half way line!!

He should concentrate more on bread and butter shot stopping then throwing!!!

Not as he does. I admit alot of keepers could, but his is like a kick.

He is rubbish though, I thought that when I watched him last season.

Not as he does. I admit alot of keepers could, but his is like a kick.

He is rubbish though, I thought that when I watched him last season.

As I recall Peter Schmeichel was able to throw a ball for miles. I also think he was a better goalie than the spurs guy.

The new Tottenham goalkeeper can throw the ball further than anyone I have ever seen. The ball is comfortably within the opposition's half before it bounces. I have no idea how goalkeeper throwing is modelled in the game, or on his stats, so I can't comment on that, but I just thought I would back up the original poster.

I would figure that "throwing" be both distance and accuracy, but having the potential PPM for GK long throws might allow for really long throws (think Schmeichel). Together with a high "throwing" attribute, the PPM would make for interesting situations for, say, counterattacks.

Conversely, a keeper with the PPM but a poor Throwing attribute can throw it far, but with little to no accuracy. A keeper with low Throwing and no PPM would be able to toss it hardly anywhere, and even then, with almost no accuracy.

A PPM would definitely be a good idea. Concerning Gomes' ability as a goalkeeper: the guy is fantastic, and I'm speaking as an ajax-fan here (Gomes being brought in from PSV of course). Give him some time and he'll prove himself. He's probably right up there with Cech and Buffon.

A PPM would definitely be a good idea. Concerning Gomes' ability as a goalkeeper: the guy is fantastic, and I'm speaking as an ajax-fan here (Gomes being brought in from PSV of course). Give him some time and he'll prove himself. He's probably right up there with Cech and Buffon.

Have to agree here. Yes he had a 'mare against Villa but anyone who has followed the Dutch league in the last few years knows that Gomes is a quality keeper - by far the best in the Eredivise (speaking as an Ajax fan!) I guess he just needs a little time to settle in the EPL.

I also heard Alex was the world's best defender when he was playing for PSV.

Archived