Apex Predator V2 - Tuned for 15.3

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried this tactic for my Newport team since the one I was using seem to break after getting to the premiership.

And for some reason (whether its me or the tactic) I cannot seem to get this tactic firing at all. Played 6 games with it so far and Won 2 lost 4 and here are the results:

PREM H Swansea 1-2

Capital A Brighton 2-2p

PREM H Hull 4-0

PREM A Wigan 2-0

PREM H MUFC 1-2

PREM A Newcastle 5-3

The tactic is trained to fluid already and have set no OI.

Player wise I have a good £4 mil GK, defence is ok but could be vastly improved only generally 3 stars across the back four.

Centre Midfield I have Victor Gomez and Sean Murray with Lee Lucas as back up.

Wingers are passable 3 - 4 stars again.

Upfront my main strikers is Gatto worth 8.25mil and scored 50 goals last season in championship with on loan Jerome Sinclair,

Kwesi Appiah (3 stars but keeps knocking in the goals 37 in the championship last year) and Michy Batshuayi who i got on a free from Olympic Marsailles.

So I know the front pairing can score goals.

Used Athena 3-4-3 L tactic up until now which got my from the League 2 to the Premier League in 4 seasons but leaked goals badly at the back because only played with 3 CD's.

So any help would be useful in fixing this before I get relegated from the Premier League

Tried this tactic for my Newport team since the one I was using seem to break after getting to the premiership.

And for some reason (whether its me or the tactic) I cannot seem to get this tactic firing at all. Played 6 games with it so far and Won 2 lost 4 and here are the results:

PREM H Swansea 1-2

Capital A Brighton 2-2p

PREM H Hull 4-0

PREM A Wigan 2-0

PREM H MUFC 1-2

PREM A Newcastle 5-3

The tactic is trained to fluid already and have set no OI.

Player wise I have a good £4 mil GK, defence is ok but could be vastly improved only generally 3 stars across the back four.

Centre Midfield I have Victor Gomez and Sean Murray with Lee Lucas as back up.

Wingers are passable 3 - 4 stars again.

Upfront my main strikers is Gatto worth 8.25mil and scored 50 goals last season in championship with on loan Jerome Sinclair,

Kwesi Appiah (3 stars but keeps knocking in the goals 37 in the championship last year) and Michy Batshuayi who i got on a free from Olympic Marsailles.

So I know the front pairing can score goals.

Used Athena 3-4-3 L tactic up until now which got my from the League 2 to the Premier League in 4 seasons but leaked goals badly at the back because only played with 3 CD's.

So any help would be useful in fixing this before I get relegated from the Premier League

Cant tell from your post at what point in the season you started using the tactic.

If its early season and you are integrating more than 2 or 3 new players the first couple of months can be very inconsistent, i've had this a lot, you should put some good runs together October/November.

Most players who have rapid promotions strengthen from the front, partly because there seems to be many more quality attackers available than defenders, if you've done this thats fine, you should have enough fire power to stay up but you will be involved in a lot of high scoring matches.

The tactic improves massively once you get quality at the back, i went from conceding 55 league goals in one season to 35 the next simply by signing 2 quality full backs.

Bottom line, ride out a rough patch and you should get on a roll, morale/confidence will improve and you should kick on to safety.

I will post up some screen shots later but i think my first 5 Premier League seasons with Weston Super Mare were 4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 1st and picked up at least 1 major cup each year.

So it works long term, but short term you can of course have a poor sequence of results.

Hey Rosler, just wanna start by saying you've saved FM14 and FM15 for me. Ever since they changed the tactic aspect of the game I have struggled immensely with finding one that's solid and I've honestly never enjoyed making them. Your ways of making a plug and play tactic where you specify what type of players to get makes it so much more fun, I've always like searching players more rather than having to build my tactic around the players I buy.

On that note, I've been using the Nemesis with Bath.

1st season: Predicted 11th, was leading all the way through, went unbeaten for the first 16 games, however went on an awful run midway through and ended 2nd even though I went on a sick run in the end of the season I just couldn't get past Boreham - still god 83 points. However sadly in the playoff final it seemed like I was just doomed, I lost 4-1 to Ebbsfleet and had to go again in the VCS - One thing to note about that 4-1 lost to Ebbsfleet is that it seems to have been a theme that I can play very solid often and win a lot of games from late comebacks and by one goal difference, but there is the odds game where I am just utterly thrashed, go down 2 or 3 goals in the first 10-15 minutes.

2nd Season: Started a bit dodgy but ended up just walking the league, had won it with 3 games to go.

3rd Season: In the Conference, media predicted a solid 23rd of 24 teams. I started pretty amazingly, first 6 games I won 4 and drew 2. Then went to 5 games without a win, grabbed 4-2 win over Aldershot, lost 3 in a row and then thrashed Torquay 6-1. So with 16 games I had won 6, lost 6 and drew 4. My goal for the season was pretty much just to stay away from relegation and at that point I was like a solid 15 point of a relegation spot so I considered myself safe already. I did end up only a point from relegation as I just could not get anything going after christmas. I started the new year with a draw and then a win, after that I would not win a single game more. I was never in grave danger except on the very last game where a draw was enough to keep me safe.

My questions are, seeing as you are managing a very similar team - I know you insist on just dry using the tactic but do you change anything during games to hold a lead? I've done it very late but does it screw with the whole tactic to much? What I do is drop the tempo, waste time, take away the push defensive line up and offside trap. Would be just as good to just leave it as is ? Maybe only swap to defensive?

Do you ever do instant results? If you do, do you choose a strategy or does that make the ME fiddle with the base tactic you have? I ask because in this past season I was so middle of the pack I instant resulted quite a few games just because I wasn't moving up or going down.

Also, you mentioned something earlier in the thread about finding good players in the Conference leagues by signing them halfway through the season, can you explain that maybe a bit better.

Any solid advice for the 2nd season of Conference to try to have a go at a playoff spot? I have a forward who scores for fun, ended 2nd in golden boot despite me being 19th. I've brought up most of the top performers from my VSC days.

Oh also! Finances, how on earth do you make some money at this level? I know getting a cup run going is one way but I've always seemed to have one of those **** games like the 1st season Playoff final during playoff matches, during the last season in the FA Cup qualification I got smashed by a VSC south side. I'm 1m in the negative and only about 2k more in the wage budget than my first season.

I honestly just keep the tactic completely plug-and-play except for the rare tinker with instructions late if I'm really afraid of losing a lead, and hopefully I can do some damage in the coming season.

goonna try with everton in my 3rd season now. won the prem and europa league last season but feel my tactics are losing their effectiveness this season, so hoping this works. 1st game using it it a champions league group match at home to malmo, so should be a comfortable victory :)

Hey Rosler, just wanna start by saying you've saved FM14 and FM15 for me. Ever since they changed the tactic aspect of the game I have struggled immensely with finding one that's solid and I've honestly never enjoyed making them. Your ways of making a plug and play tactic where you specify what type of players to get makes it so much more fun, I've always like searching players more rather than having to build my tactic around the players I buy.

On that note, I've been using the Nemesis with Bath.

1st season: Predicted 11th, was leading all the way through, went unbeaten for the first 16 games, however went on an awful run midway through and ended 2nd even though I went on a sick run in the end of the season I just couldn't get past Boreham - still god 83 points. However sadly in the playoff final it seemed like I was just doomed, I lost 4-1 to Ebbsfleet and had to go again in the VCS - One thing to note about that 4-1 lost to Ebbsfleet is that it seems to have been a theme that I can play very solid often and win a lot of games from late comebacks and by one goal difference, but there is the odds game where I am just utterly thrashed, go down 2 or 3 goals in the first 10-15 minutes.

2nd Season: Started a bit dodgy but ended up just walking the league, had won it with 3 games to go.

3rd Season: In the Conference, media predicted a solid 23rd of 24 teams. I started pretty amazingly, first 6 games I won 4 and drew 2. Then went to 5 games without a win, grabbed 4-2 win over Aldershot, lost 3 in a row and then thrashed Torquay 6-1. So with 16 games I had won 6, lost 6 and drew 4. My goal for the season was pretty much just to stay away from relegation and at that point I was like a solid 15 point of a relegation spot so I considered myself safe already. I did end up only a point from relegation as I just could not get anything going after christmas. I started the new year with a draw and then a win, after that I would not win a single game more. I was never in grave danger except on the very last game where a draw was enough to keep me safe.

My questions are, seeing as you are managing a very similar team - I know you insist on just dry using the tactic but do you change anything during games to hold a lead? I've done it very late but does it screw with the whole tactic to much? What I do is drop the tempo, waste time, take away the push defensive line up and offside trap. Would be just as good to just leave it as is ? Maybe only swap to defensive?

Do you ever do instant results? If you do, do you choose a strategy or does that make the ME fiddle with the base tactic you have? I ask because in this past season I was so middle of the pack I instant resulted quite a few games just because I wasn't moving up or going down.

Also, you mentioned something earlier in the thread about finding good players in the Conference leagues by signing them halfway through the season, can you explain that maybe a bit better.

Any solid advice for the 2nd season of Conference to try to have a go at a playoff spot? I have a forward who scores for fun, ended 2nd in golden boot despite me being 19th. I've brought up most of the top performers from my VSC days.

Oh also! Finances, how on earth do you make some money at this level? I know getting a cup run going is one way but I've always seemed to have one of those **** games like the 1st season Playoff final during playoff matches, during the last season in the FA Cup qualification I got smashed by a VSC south side. I'm 1m in the negative and only about 2k more in the wage budget than my first season.

I honestly just keep the tactic completely plug-and-play except for the rare tinker with instructions late if I'm really afraid of losing a lead, and hopefully I can do some damage in the coming season.

Thanks for the post, i'll try and answer everything as best i can.

I never change anything on the tactic, i just plug and play, however if i was to try and protect a lead i'd leave the team instructions/mentality well alone but go to 4141 dropping a striker for a DM. I did some testing with this separately and its a solid set up defensively but the goal scoring is blunted so i prefer the 442.

I only use instant results in pre season friendlies.

Re getting better players, after promotion you will likely have one of the lowest reputations in your league so a lot of players will not sign for you in July/August however they essentially lower their standards the longer they go without a club some come November/December you should have some higher quality players who will now talk to you, if you cant improve the squad in july/august sit tight and try in November/December keeping some wage budget spare.

Re finances, you can't make money non-league so dont bother trying, worked out that 1 season i would have lost money even with a zero wage budget so whats the point, my board kept injecting cash to keep us going, sounds obvious but you just have to get promoted asap. Its was Championship before i could manage a profit comfortably. League 1 is ok.

You need to be efficient at scouting.

For example, i'll pump the 4 attributes i want for a striker set them at '15' then knock them down 1 by 1 until you have 'pool' of about 50 then select one, press ctrl 'A' and just scout them ALL. You'd probably need to go as low as '7' across the 4 attributes to get a big enough pool none league. Will take about a week for the reports to finish you can then just order them by ability and see if there's anyone you like the look of. Non league/League 2 and even League 1 you can just filter for players out of contract.

Because you've used the base attributes they should be the 'right type' of player for the tactic.

Non league i did this for all roles every couple of months just waiting for that quality player to pop up.

You should have a slightly stronger squad year on year, at some point maybe in a couple of years you will hit a critical mass where you have enough quality for the tactic to take off and you'll walk the league.

Thanks for the great answers. I again started my second season in the Conference flying with a 4-0 thrashing and a solid 2-1 win, since then I've drawn 4 and lost 2.

I might need to try and scout more but I do search for players specifically with the attributes laid out in the #2 post. I just don't seem to find players that are that much better year by year, I'll have to give the Nov/Dec tactic a go, sadly I've used up my wage budget over this summer.

I just noticed that I was predicted rock bottom this season so my hopes for playoffs might have been to hopeful, After seeing the prediction I looked at my squad compared to the league and found out I have one of the bottom 5 squads in the league. Only real gem I've found is a ST who bangs them in, but otherwise I'm pretty low-tiered.

I'll keep at it, only problem is I don't see any improvements being made as I never get any increase in budget or anything, so I'll have to get real lucky with gems but I might just have to scout harder than I have been.

I could just not hold on to any type of form at Bath...

First half of the season: http://i.imgur.com/r9phYLI.png

Second half of the season: http://i.imgur.com/nDR3Hkt.png

I used the Nemesis throughout, no fiddling. I didn't run into any major injuries and just could not buy a win in the 2nd half of the season :/

I applied for the Halifax job at the end of the season and took it, they ended in the 20th place, just barely scraping relegation but have can offer me a slightly higher wage budget. I'm gonna see what I can do with it.

Lets see how it goes.

small tip for Conference managers to make some money first few seasons. Play LEAGUEs vs teams as high as possible. Most likely all games will be broadcasted and it will bring in at least 1 mill.

That might help with upgrades or more spending money.

OOPS let me say this is during PRE SEASON.

Little thing i made 5mil doing this while in League 1 at division start, went from red to 6 mil Positive. So great way to make some extra cash

Alright so my first season at Halifax is over, I went into it with a prediction of 15th and a squad of 13 players.

So I had to make a lot of signings and some trial and error with players. I started pretty well but then things became shaky but I didn't lose a lot, I drew a **** ton and snagged the odd win.

First half of the season

sATENni.png

Second half of the season

OLwawi4.png

The playoff heart breaker

POTzFSH.png

So after going on a crazy run in the 2nd half of the season I made playoffs but fell short. Hopefully the summer will treat me well and I can make a splash. I got taken over during the season and kept the job and even got a new contract after the season.

Again, always just Nemesis dry and no tinker at all, the only thing I did RARELY was going to 4141 very late to hold onto 1 goal leads.

Lets hope I make it out of the conferences asap and can start climbing the leagues. I honestly think there is way more hope with this team, I have 600k in the bank atm and the projected balance is at 1M - So here's to hoping if I make a run that the new chairman pumps cash my way.

We just turned professional to boot. I only had the options of "Title Challenge", "Promotion" and "Winner" - so I just went for promotion, get a transfer kitty of 100k which is new to me. Here's to hoping we can pick it up from where I left off and just trounce the league.

I'ts like watching paint dry with Leeds in premier 2020 got here with your previous tactic u're going backwards i'm afraid mate !!!

Going well for me.

E63qmxB.jpg

mmMWiSJ.jpg

Won Premier League, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 Euro Cup :lol:

Only had 5 seasons in the Premier League.

I'ts like watching paint dry with Leeds in premier 2020 got here with your previous tactic u're going backwards i'm afraid mate !!!

I'm doing pretty well with Leeds. Just completed 19/20 finished 6th in the league. Nemesis is a good tactic but just part of what will make a successful team. I find moral is very important and trying to keep players happy is difficult on FM15. Most of my players will at some point during the season look for a move away. I have also had to rebuild the team each year when players have left.

Think i'm going to park the WSM save for a while, its a bit boring now... me vs Man U every year, domestically and in Europe.

There is a great challenge here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400466-ri916-s-FM15-Youth-Academy-Challenge

Take a newly promoted bottom tier side and try and get to and win the Top League using ONLY YOUR OWN YOUTH ACADEMY FOR NEW PLAYERS!!

I.E no transfers in at all.

Looks nuts but think i'm going to give it a go.

I moved from Hearts where i won every domestic trophy to Arsenal immediately won the domestic treble, moved to Man Utd the following season and winning everything again! Tactic is all conquering!

So my 2nd season in charge of FC Halifax is done. Again a weird season, I go on great runs but then just cannot buy a win, I lose to many games in a row at times. I was 8 pts clear in 1st with 10 games to go but managed to throw it away.

I got into playoffs however. I'll let the pictures talk a bit now.

1st half of season:

GdES6oM.png

2nd half of season:

mUTTJHJ.png

Semi final of playoff I THRASHED Lincoln and got matches up vs Macclesfield.

Playoff Dream:

QeasLTR.png

There is a couple of things I talk about after that. First off all, I wish there were some alternatives to use when trying to chase a goal or hold a lead. Don't get me wrong the tactic is great but I just feel often so useless. I've left it completely be and I honestly instant resulted a bunch of games just because I felt that only doing subs was useless and I got so frustrated when looking at my team losing leads or basically just not winning. I do go 4141 when I have a 1 goal lead late but honestly that is really never the case, I either win comfortably, concede early and never recover and sort of get thrashed or the worst one that happened this season to much for my liking was dropping 2 goal leads.

During the final of the playoffs I did something I haven't done at all, on the 75th minute, 1-3 down I decided to change the tactic up a bunch, I went to a gung-ho 3-2-3-2 tactic, Overload and all the classic chasing instructions. It worked, I somehow brought it back, switched back to Nemesis and scored in OT to take the win.

I don't really wanna swap single instructions around when chasing maybe one goal or something but I just feel so useless just hoping it somehow clicks, If you could make either two simple alternates to chasing games and holding on to swap around to, like you had on FM14 I'd love it. I might make my very own if you don't have any but I never get anything solid going tbh, but I might be able to make good chasing and holding tactics that only have to work for certain amounts of time in a game, and not seasons in.

I hope what I'm getting at is understandable, I just want something to be able to do when I'm looking for a goal or trying to hold on later in the games - I feel so useless watching the games and not comfortable with tinkering because it might make the tactic useless if I change something important.

But hey, I ****ing made it into the Football Leagues, lets hope I can keep it up!

I've been trying out this tactic as I wanted to get back to playing a 4-4-2 for a change. I've been doing pretty well with the tactic, offensively it's been pretty stellar the attacking play from the front four is really something. However defensively I've been conceding way more than I would like (granted I tend to favor 1-0 type of football). I have observed a few weaknesses and have made a few minor tweaks.

The Cover-Defend Partnership. I wasn't liking this in conjunction with the offside trap. So I switched to Defend Stopper and this has been working much better for me. In order to secure the Stopper I have switched the adjacent Full back to defend. My impression is that this helps greatly when playing against 4-1-2-2-1 where the striker drops deep to get the ball or the 4-2-3-1 where the AMC otherwise has too much time on the ball. In order to accord for this change I removed the global closing down option and adjusted pressing manually via player instructions.

Directness. Is not necessarily a bad thing but as folks have pointed out they start to slump with the tactic in season 2 and my impression is that the tactic has issues when folks park the bus against you (particularly with the 4-1-4-1). Here it might be of advantage to try and figure out a different game plan involving more overlaps on the wings and a bit more patience in attack as the high tempo game often makes your team look disjointed.

Offside Trap: I get trounced a fair bit against better teams especially away from home (conceding 4 or 5 goals per game against the EPL heavyweights despite currently gunning for champions league myself) and my impression from watching games is that it's the high d-line that really does me in. Particularly when opposition attackers are faster than my defenders and have better mental stats they easily spring the offside trap. I'm hoping this problem will subside once team gelling is perfect. But in order to win championships you need to be able to keep clean sheets against good teams so I might have to make some adjustments and prepare a plan B.

Another season done. My first in the Football Leagues.

I was predicted a solid 23rd, with a 501.00 odds to win the league. I started pretty solid, but I either won or lost, I drew one game in the first 20 in the league. After that I became more about drawing only, as I drew majority of the games in the next like 10 or 11.

I did have an amazing run in the FA cup, defeating Championship side Brighton and Premiership side West Brom, before bowing to Leeds after two late goals. In the Leeds game I was missing both of my starting MC and my MR. Anyways, picture time.

Over 1st half of the season:

49Y5yy4.png

2nd half of the season:

nAwva9d.png

League table in the end

otcFd35.png

I don't know whether I am allowed to be disappointed but I truly am. Before the Exeter and Doncaster games, I was a point off both in 4th place. Good results in those two games would have set me up for automatic promotion, and the sides I had to play before and after those two were all in the lower part of the table. I didn't get a win in the last 7 games of the season, losing 3 and drawing 4..... One win in those games would have gotten me a playoff spot. The most annoying part is before that run of games I was playing so well, thrashed league winners York at home 5-2 and won a very solid 1-0 win away at Sconthorpe. I really wish I could have at least gotten a playoff spot. Again it bugs me a bit not being able to do something when I'm trailing and need to find goals. I've adopted the 4141 late in games with a small lead, swapped to defensive and added waste time, it's worked each and every time and it's only in the 75 min+ that I do it.

But I really wish I could do something when I fall behind early or need to apply some pressure for a goal. But we still were probably the overachievers of the year, and it was mostly down to the players who had been playing well in other stages who just didn't show up for those last 7 games.

Here's to hoping I can just thrash it next season and take League 1 by storm, I might be asking to much to get back to back promotions but it really seems to be possible.

Alright I might have just been expecting to much in the first seasons from my squad and thinking it had anything to do with the tactic.

I won the League 2 in the second go and honestly I think it was still players playing above their levels. My scouting range isn't more than UK&Ireland still, all I sign are free agents that are based in England but yet put together a title winning squad with a 19th place prediction. The reason I say I think players where playing above their levels is more that I actually think the tactic is making them do it, and the times when we fail to win is because of their lack of talent and little else. Most games I lost I was better and the news always read something like "Lucky Scunthorpe" or something along the lines of me being having had better chances but just not converting.

Now in League 1 I'm predicted dead last, it will be interesting to see how we do, I add a lot of players during the summer and have a squad of 30 players, so I think depth helps us a lot in the game frenzy that happens in the lower leagues.

I still want to find either an alternate tactic or adjustment to the current one to chase games, going 4141, defensive and waste time late is great for hanging on but I'm hesitant to make changes to the tactic to chase without screwing maybe the whole flow. I hope you don't mind all these post Rosler, I'd love some ideas or thoughts on what to to chase games.

Seems to be some pretty unrealistic expectations on here at the moment, and a few people who throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble.

Its a 442 tactic not a 'cheat' or a magic bullet.

You will lose games, you will have a sequence of poor games, you might get stuck in a rut and have a poor season.

Those who take a long term view will understand this and look at the bigger picture and enjoy the good times even more when they arrive as they surely will, the short term thinkers will move onto another tactic, enjoy some good results before inevitably hitting poor form, moan about that tactic and repeat the process.

There's a hell of a lot more to FM than just plugging in a tactic.

Johangod, keep posting i'm enjoying it, looks like your coming around to the long term view and are steadily getting where you want to be, a season of consolidation following promotion is not a bad thing, i view it as putting the foundations in for a big promotion push the next season or two.

In fact i prefer to go up with a strong title winning side a season later rather than a lucky play off win at the first time of asking, foundations in rock and not sand.

k3k389, the right striker gets all the glory but the DLF should be chipping in with a decent number of assists and goals. I now favour a highly mobile DLF with good speed and dribbling. I've had seasons when they are quiet and other season when they nearly outscore the advanced forward, it can come down do the form of the player in question, if someone is not performing there don't be afraid to play someone else even if they are not as highly rated.

I'm now back in conference south doing the youth academy challenge where you can't sign players and can only use players produced by your own youth academy, i have 14 players total, only one centre back and one striker and are getting hammered week in week out, its not much fun at the moment but i can't wait for my first youth draft to see the stars of the future.... i'm not blaming the tactic and are in it for the long haul.

Good luck guys and stick with it.

I totally agree with what you have said i have been lucky and have had 3 back to back promotions with my barrow team,currently starting in league1, but there were winless streaks, and strange results but if you use and have faith in the tactic and use the player filters, it is possible i myself have thought about giving up on the tactic, but then one good result and boom it rocks again, i have not spent a penny on transfers, keep up the great work

Yeah I always get sort of blinded by past seasons and hope I can just do the same a league above, I truly have over achieved every season I've been in charge of Halifax, the most recent one being I lost in extra time of the playoffs last season, as season I was predicted 24th with 2001.00 odds before the season. And it was vs Sunderland and I was leading in the 105th minute of ET.

But to my point of wanting something when trying to grab a goal, any ideas or things you'd suggest. I did do some on my own late in the season when looking for wins, but it was more just like what I feel is best to chase, pushed MR and ML to AMR/AML, cleared all instructions and went: Direct, push higher up, close even more down, get stuck in and pump ball into box. It worked some but I didn't try it to much.

The 4141 advice to hold on has worked wonders tbh, I rarely concede when swapping to it and usually kill the game.

I am having the weirdest season.

I jumped ships to Sheff Utd last season, I took charge of them in 23rd and climbed to 9th, played very good.

I had to rebuild the squad pretty hard, I had like 5x 35+ yrs old on wages that needed to go, I did though manage to build solid - Not the largest squad but a solid double squad.

The good part - First 18 games in the league.

EjpNTcR.png

The bad part - Game 18 till 33

8dYSHTK.png

What strikes me the most is the conceding part, I'm scoring for ****ing fun - 84 goals in 33 games and have the top2 scorers, but I concede a ****-ton - and I also lose a lot of leads and not late in games, the dwindle at maybe the 60th to 75th minute, So I haven't gone to 4141 or defensive by that time and after losing the lead I can't really do anything. It's very weird.

But with the start if I don't completely crumble I should be able to go up but this is veeery weird.

So I got promoted, managed to rectify the form and go up with Southampton. Mind you I was predicted 8th so yet again I overachieve a ****-ton.

It weird still, ever since joining Sheff Utd I have been conceding just like BALLS. Like crazy scorelines, since getting to the premier league I've had the following high scoring games.

6-3 Win vs Arsenal at Home

1-4 Loss to Mansfield at Home in the Captial Cup? I had 26 shots vs their 6 shots.

3-5 Loss to Stoke at Home

2-4 Loss to Southampton at Away

3-4 Loss to Norwich at Home

3-5 Loss to Liverpool at Home

It's weird because while I was in lower leagues with Bath and Halifax I never conceded this much, I might hit bad form but it was usually losing close games with low scorelines. Any reason this might be?

Also just to add, I am predicted ROCK BOTTOM - 20th with 2001.00 odds in the League, so just staying up will be a great accomplishment.

So I got promoted, managed to rectify the form and go up with Southampton. Mind you I was predicted 8th so yet again I overachieve a ****-ton.

It weird still, ever since joining Sheff Utd I have been conceding just like BALLS. Like crazy scorelines, since getting to the premier league I've had the following high scoring games.

6-3 Win vs Arsenal at Home

1-4 Loss to Mansfield at Home in the Captial Cup? I had 26 shots vs their 6 shots.

3-5 Loss to Stoke at Home

2-4 Loss to Southampton at Away

3-4 Loss to Norwich at Home

3-5 Loss to Liverpool at Home

It's weird because while I was in lower leagues with Bath and Halifax I never conceded this much, I might hit bad form but it was usually losing close games with low scorelines. Any reason this might be?

Also just to add, I am predicted ROCK BOTTOM - 20th with 2001.00 odds in the League, so just staying up will be a great accomplishment.

The game seems to have a way of shafting you, especially early season following promotion or the influx of a lot of new players, often represented in the ME by lots of red cards, penalties and unlikely late goals.

Should settledown hopefully :thup:

Also, I don't know if you ever do this but if you don't mind adding me to steam to just like chat about FM and stuff I'd love it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/skinandi - That's my profile, add me if you want Rosler - I promise I won't be like asking advice all the time, but I will def want to chat about FM if you are ingame :D

Not used that facility before, will take a look when i get a minute.

It did for me! I've just gone an entire season without losing a match in ANY competition! Never had that in FM before.

I've built up pretty decent squad of players and managed to win the Swiss Super League, the domestic cup and the Uefa Cup. Very pleased!

Not sure if I should stick with me team (BSC Young Boys) or move onto a bigger job now?! Decisions, decisions.

Quick question Rosler.

I just went back to my Roma save, which I played 4 season on 15.2 earlier and used the first edition of the Predator for 15.2 - I've THRASHED the league three season in a row, one of them going unbeaten. I have all the money needed and a crazy good squad, should I use the Predator v2 or the Nemesis with that type of squad? I just started with the v2 and won Super Cup 3-1 vs Milan and winning Fiorentina at half time 2-0.

Quick question Rosler.

I just went back to my Roma save, which I played 4 season on 15.2 earlier and used the first edition of the Predator for 15.2 - I've THRASHED the league three season in a row, one of them going unbeaten. I have all the money needed and a crazy good squad, should I use the Predator v2 or the Nemesis with that type of squad? I just started with the v2 and won Super Cup 3-1 vs Milan and winning Fiorentina at half time 2-0.

Bit of a toss up really, when i had established Weston Super Mare as a top 4 Premier League team i went back to V2, after 10 games i switched back to Nemesis, nothing wrong with the results using v2 i just preferred the football using Nemesis. My 4 seasons in the Prem i finished 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 1st so i think either should work with your Roma team.

Getting a tat bit annoyed now. 10 games played in Championship W2, D2, L6. A bad start, but im better every single game. Most of the losses are lost by 1 goal. After they come back from a 1-0 or 2-0 , still not to bad. The thing thats starting to annoy is that they keep beating me in the last 5-10 minutes of the game. OVER and OVER again this season.

vs fullham i score 1-0 in 66th, 1-1 in 77st 1-2 83rd.

vs derby 2-0 lead in the 34th minute final score 2-3 with goals of them in 65 - 81 - 89.

vs everton 2-1 in the 65th minute to loose 2-3 71-76 .

vs leeds 2-0 ahead in 72nd min. 2-3 loss 78-82 90+3

Tried several things but nothing worked so far GRRRRR.

Getting a tat bit annoyed now. 10 games played in Championship W2, D2, L6. A bad start, but im better every single game. Most of the losses are lost by 1 goal. After they come back from a 1-0 or 2-0 , still not to bad. The thing thats starting to annoy is that they keep beating me in the last 5-10 minutes of the game. OVER and OVER again this season.

vs fullham i score 1-0 in 66th, 1-1 in 77st 1-2 83rd.

vs derby 2-0 lead in the 34th minute final score 2-3 with goals of them in 65 - 81 - 89.

vs everton 2-1 in the 65th minute to loose 2-3 71-76 .

vs leeds 2-0 ahead in 72nd min. 2-3 loss 78-82 90+3

Tried several things but nothing worked so far GRRRRR.

Seen that pattern a lot, especially early season, tends to settle down. Seems to be the games way of telling you 'you're good, but not that good'....

little update on my experience with the Nemesis:

Playing with Roeselare, a debt-ridden club in Belgian 2nd Division.

1st season: champions and thus direct promotion

2nd season: although tipped as relegation candidate #1 we ended in 3rd position, qualifying for the Europa League. Before this season a link was announced with Cesena from which I had some good players over on loan :)

currently halfway 3rd season; still in the cup, still on top 4 of league (with some games in because...

3rd qual round Europa League against Academia (POR) won 4-0 at home, B-team lost 5-3 over there. Playoff was against Twente (NED), lost 2-1 over there but won home 1-0 (30 yard screamer in 90th minute).

We got in a group with PAOK, Fenerbahce and Man City. Drew first 3 games, then won at home vs Man City, won vs PAOK away, now going into our last game, home vs Fenerbahce who are 2 points behind us. A draw and we qualify through the group stage with in comparison a less capable team.

So all in all, pretty much in love with the Nemesis :D

And we win 4-1 with a hattrick from my Advanced Forward, loanie from Cesena (G. Moncini).

He's been really good last season, so I extended his loan and he's been storming it this season:

League: 10 goals in 8 games!

Cup: came on in the only game played so far and scored the winning goal :)

Europa League: 9 goals in 9 games!

Oh btw, we can't even play in our own stadium as it doesn't qualify to Europa League standards :D that's how low this team is :)

Second season with Nemesis Mr Rosler, Leeds Utd finishing fourth and qualifying for Champions League. More evidence as far as I am concerned that Nemesis is a very good tactic. My biggest problem has been keeping players happy.

Thanks again.

Cruising in league 1 with Boreham Wood after 3 promotions in 3 years. First after 6 months. Doing well in the cups also beating some championship and premier league teams on my way. With the budget like a conference team. This tactic is amazing!

I bought FM2015 Classic for iPad the day it came out and straight away I realised that tactically its way beyond the Handheld series which I'd been used to. I spent a week trying to re-create tactics that have served me well in the past but miserably failed to find something that would string two wins together.

I then took to the forums and all these claimed super tactics that are designed for Barcelona and Real Madrid that won 20 consecutive title didn't seem to work with my Barnsley team. I also came to the conclusion that these tactics are being utilised on the full fat game and there are many factors which could affect it wen ported into Classic the main being opposition instructions.

So after two weeks of downloading tactics, manually converting them into TAC files I have finally found a tactic that works on FM15 Classic on the iPad and it's your Nemisis tactic. In my first season I stormed league one with Barnsley finishing the season on 99 points losing only 5 league games which was exceptional considering long term injuries to key players throughout the season. The best signings was Kuhl on loan from Reading and Rene Howe who I played on the left side of the front two, him and Sam Winnall were formidable. Other than that I loaned a few average cover players.

Below is a link to the TAC file and I would recommend adding to your OP for people who were In my position two weeks ago. This tactic as made the game playable for me.

Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jt9svfqxwc2i5g/Nemisis.tac?oref=e&n=198989190

I also have a couple of questions. What training do you find works best? I have been alternating between attack/defence training on highest intensity.

Also do you have any advise on how to deal with players who's condition drops quick throughout games. At minute I'm just toddling with individual training and set to stamina, I just wondered if there was a better way.

How do you move the file into the Tactics folder on itunes? It seems to only save to the root and won't let me save or move to the 'Tactics' folder on itunes.

We had a rough start as mentioned before. The big thing in the end we pulled through and next season we will be playing in the EPL.

We made it through the Play-offs finishing in the 3rd spot, so i got what i deserved. Time to build my team towards the future and

hope for the best.

Archived