Apex Predator V2 - Tuned for 15.3

Just restarted my AFC Wimbledon save with this, currently bossing L2 at christmas... but still finding away games tricky, not sure counter is totally working either but much more consistent across the board anyway... great job mr Rosler!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone know how i post screenshots of my league table and results

really want to show just how amazing this tactic is with my Kaiserslautern team

won promotion from the German 3rd despite predicted midtable, i'm currently top of Division 2 after 22 games, despite being 100-1 to win it and heavy favourites for relegation

anyone know how i post screenshots of my league table and results

really want to show just how amazing this tactic is with my Kaiserslautern team

won promotion from the German 3rd despite predicted midtable, i'm currently top of Division 2 after 22 games, despite being 100-1 to win it and heavy favourites for relegation

Take screenshot, upload it to imgur, then copy and paste forum link. Easy!

I just won the Conference South with Concord. Had a shed load of 1-1 draws.

Finished with a 18-17-7 record. 72 goals for, 43 against.

Oddly, home record wasn't great. Playing control, finished 9-10-2 (32/17).

Away record playing counter won me the league, 9-7-5 (40/26)

Alt-F9 and then look in the FM screenshots folder.

this is what i've been doing but i don't even have a screenshot folder? i can't find this anywhere?

users>my documents>FM 2015 but no screenshots folder or anywhere the pictures are

i also use normal print screen but it takes images of my desktop and not fm2015?

Hmm...not sure then. It works for me. Do you have multiple Sports Interactive folders in your Documents folder? I know it does this for me.

no, i only have one Sports Interactive folder, but i have no folder called screenshots? and i've looked at Football Manager 2014 and also no screenshots folder?

where would this images go without that folder and what will they be named so i can search for them?

no, i only have one Sports Interactive folder, but i have no folder called screenshots? and i've looked at Football Manager 2014 and also no screenshots folder?

where would this images go without that folder and what will they be named so i can search for them?

That's the only place they go for me. Might be worth seeing if a folder is created in the steam folder under Sports Interactive? Other than that, no idea. Sorry.

I'm seeing some beautiful football and some that makes me want to tear me hair out. With almost an entire season completed with Bristol Rovers in Vanarama Conference, were sitting in 6th (media prediction - 2nd) in an absolute dogfight. There are only 6 points separating 1st and 7th after 39 games. I think I'm like others, finding that at home, we do well. I have an inordinate amount of ties and just looked back and realized I have not won a single away match. Mostly ties, with a few losses. After 39 games, I actually have 17 draws so far.

The main thing that concerns me is the DLF drifting behind the AF when he comes in to shoot. He's hit my AF in the back of the head so many times, I fear for the poor boy's life!! I'm sure he's had numerous concussions by now! I just can't get them to link up well. Some games, it's amazing, like running circles around Aldershot and winning 8-1 with my AF getting 6 himself.

My wins are drying up as well. Only 3 wins in the last 12 matches, mostly draws. We were sitting in a decent playoff spot before this and putting pressure on 1st, but it seems as though the entire league is in the midst of a crisis of faith, not just us.

I'm hoping we can turn things around with the final month and a half of matches, at least solidify a playoff spot. Ideally, I'd like to match the media predictions, but with the number of points we're dropping in draws, I'm not sure.

Edit - New game...another draw. And fired.

FM15 is just not my year. Haven't had a decent save in any version yet.

Cerud,

I'm in Conference South now with Weston Super Mare.

Season 1 predicted 20th finished 10th.

Season 2 predicted 16th, currently in play offs but like you mentioned were all bunched up and a couple of losses or wins can change things quickly.

I expected a hard slog with WSM, my 4.5 star keeper would not re-sign and the best replacement i can get is rated 3 stars, very hard to improve on the original squad.

Seeing very few draws, but plenty of defeats.

Away record is what i'd expect, slightly worse than home but still in line with expecations.

I'm surprised you struggled with Bristol Rovers, but down here they tend to be games of few chances (relatively) and its difficult for any team to impose and dominate another, even when you have 1 sided results the volume and quality of chances are often very even. So games can become 'coin flips', i can see how getting on the wrong end of a few with high expectations could get you in trouble.

With only 1 automatic promotion spot i'm worried i could be stuck here a while!

so it's so frsutrating how my football manager won't do screenshots or i can't find where they go, but anyway

team Kaiserslautern taken over in year 2022/23 in 19th place out of 20 teams, our record after 7 games was won 1 drew 2 and lost 4 (meaning the record below with this tactic is won 22 drew 8 lost 1)

Division 3 champions played 38 won 23 Drew 10 lost 5

Division 2 champions played 34 won 27 drew 5 lost 2 (same squad from division 3 with 2 new additions to sure up the defence) scored 76 conceded 22 (yes 22 from 34 games)

onto the Bundesliga, however this time i will need to make a few big changes to staff and players, a major overhaul will be needed, keeping only around 5 or 6 of my origianl squad mainly youth players from our academy that have developed superbly

so it's so frsutrating how my football manager won't do screenshots or i can't find where they go, but anyway

team Kaiserslautern taken over in year 2022/23 in 19th place out of 20 teams, our record after 7 games was won 1 drew 2 and lost 4 (meaning the record below with this tactic is won 22 drew 8 lost 1)

Division 3 champions played 38 won 23 Drew 10 lost 5

Division 2 champions played 34 won 27 drew 5 lost 2 (same squad from division 3 with 2 new additions to sure up the defence) scored 76 conceded 22 (yes 22 from 34 games)

onto the Bundesliga, however this time i will need to make a few big changes to staff and players, a major overhaul will be needed, keeping only around 5 or 6 of my origianl squad mainly youth players from our academy that have developed superbly

You can take screenshots from steam, Function & F12 i think it is.

Cerud,

I'm in Conference South now with Weston Super Mare.

Season 1 predicted 20th finished 10th.

Season 2 predicted 16th, currently in play offs but like you mentioned were all bunched up and a couple of losses or wins can change things quickly.

I expected a hard slog with WSM, my 4.5 star keeper would not re-sign and the best replacement i can get is rated 3 stars, very hard to improve on the original squad.

Seeing very few draws, but plenty of defeats.

Away record is what i'd expect, slightly worse than home but still in line with expecations.

I'm surprised you struggled with Bristol Rovers, but down here they tend to be games of few chances (relatively) and its difficult for any team to impose and dominate another, even when you have 1 sided results the volume and quality of chances are often very even. So games can become 'coin flips', i can see how getting on the wrong end of a few with high expectations could get you in trouble.

With only 1 automatic promotion spot i'm worried i could be stuck here a while!

Hey Mr U Rosler

Appreciate the reply. Yeah, I always play lower league and work my way around. I think I may have just hit on a bad patch of form and was unable to climb back out. I'm going to try again, load up and apply for jobs, likely take over a club in September when the first round of firings occur.

A question: For away matches, I noticed englandmanager talking about changing to a counter philosophy. Is that something you've had time to test?

http://i.imgur.com/MYpWxHw.png

my results in here from Division 2 using the tactic

pay little attention to the last 3 results, i'd won the league with ease by then and decided to reward all my hot prospects with a run of games, we only lost narrowly too

Good job on figuring out pictures :thup: Nice record too!

Is this with your use of counter in away matches?

Thanks. I may give that a try.

see what you are creating upto the 70th minute and if it's 0-0 still like in many of my away games, simply do this, switch to control and use passionate shout "get creative" i then win alot of games 1-0 as you can see in my fixtures

once 1-0 up switch back to counter and use "concentrate"

2nd season in Conference South.

Media Prediction 16th.

So far so good

5rIjdHP.jpg

Whats interesting is the Away record. This is just playing the 'vanilla' tactic i.e just leaving it on Control.

Better than my home record.

6DGOBi3.jpg

Weird game this.

on 16 game unbeaten run.

I played the first 8 games of my first season with Blackburn using my own formation and having made no signings due to the club's financial troubles. I was 3rd, but I had a 5-man midfield and I wasn't scoring many goals.

I always prefer 2-striker formations, so I kept my steady tactic as a back-up and used this as my main set-up. At first I had a lot of draws and scraped a couple of wins in games where I tweaked the midfield roles to an AP and a BWM. Those roles fit better with Tom Cairney and Jay Spearing in the middle, but I only did that in games where we didn't create many chances.

I ended the season winning the play-offs and the FA Cup, knocking out United along the way. If it hadn't been for a 10-point deduction for going into administration I would have finished second by a distance. I scored the most goals in the division and ended with a +54 goal difference. Jordan Rhodes scored 57 goals as the advanced forward.

If it hadn't been for the massive blow to morale when the points were deducted for going into administration I think I would have picked up a couple more results and toppled Norwich for the title.

I've changed a fair bit of my squad in the summer window, but I'll report back after my second season.

Rosler, what if i changed the role of AF to Poacher

do you think this will have a bigger effect on results, i'm asking this as i have a brilliant poacher on loan from a top Italian team but i can't fit him into any role atm?

I consider the Advanced Forward to essentially be an 'elite' Poacher, i.e with a more creative edge to their play. So i think a natural Poacher would be fine in the AVF role or you could change the role to Poacher, especially in lower leagues.

i am using Paul Pogba as DLP and Ramsey (who is fully matured and world class in my save) as Box to Box Midfidler but somehow they do not get high ratings and are underperforming.

They were superb in 15.2 tactic when both were used as BWM.

I'm finding the opposite personally. The BWM defend always got low ratings on the old tactic, finding the DLP is averaging well above 7.

Think its pretty much acknowledged that the ratings are messed up, very heavy bias towards goals/assists.

Glad to see that you are still making tactics :)

I sold my previous gaming PC last August, so i have not played FM in ages.

However, last week i built a new PC so... i just ordered FM15 (funnily enough, physical copy is about 20€ cheaper than buying from Steam...).

I have no idea how this is different from FM14, but i have already decided that the first tactic i will try is this one.

Your tactics worked nicely (most of the time ;) ) in FM14, so i have faith that this will work also.

Glad to see that you are still making tactics :)

I sold my previous gaming PC last August, so i have not played FM in ages.

However, last week i built a new PC so... i just ordered FM15 (funnily enough, physical copy is about 20€ cheaper than buying from Steam...).

I have no idea how this is different from FM14, but i have already decided that the first tactic i will try is this one.

Your tactics worked nicely (most of the time ;) ) in FM14, so i have faith that this will work also.

Good to see you back!

Good to see you back!

Thanks mate!

I must admit that i had to seriously consider whether i buy FM15 or not... I played over 1600 hours of FM14 and i have a feeling that FM15 will also hook me pretty seriously ;) In the end, i just had to get it :)

badly for me i got offered a £1 million pound transfer budget and a 210k per week wage budget, for Bundesliga this was very low and i went into the season buying 1 player and loaning in 4 better than average players, keeping my main squad from Division 2

i was a massive 1000-1 to win the League this time, so i agreed with the board to avoid relegation and build for the future

after 5 games here is the record

Won 3 Lost 2

9 points from 15 is a brilliant return for my squad, i have a feeling relegation won't be an issue, and the higher i finish the more prize money i recieve so here's hoping for a top half finish!

badly for me i got offered a £1 million pound transfer budget and a 210k per week wage budget, for Bundesliga this was very low and i went into the season buying 1 player and loaning in 4 better than average players, keeping my main squad from Division 2

i was a massive 1000-1 to win the League this time, so i agreed with the board to avoid relegation and build for the future

after 5 games here is the record

Won 3 Lost 2

9 points from 15 is a brilliant return for my squad, i have a feeling relegation won't be an issue, and the higher i finish the more prize money i recieve so here's hoping for a top half finish!

No joke, i've just been offered the Margate job in Conference South with £1.5m transfer budget and £150,000 week wages..... not far off your budgets and this is non-league!!

Must be a serious Sugar Daddy there.

To put that in perspective my Weston Super Mare budget in that league is £0 transfer budget, and £4k per week on wages :lol::lol:

I only went and turned them down..... idiot..................

Will put some screenshots up later.

No joke, i've just been offered the Margate job in Conference South with £1.5m transfer budget and £150,000 week wages..... not far off your budgets and this is non-league!!

Must be a serious Sugar Daddy there.

To put that in perspective my Weston Super Mare budget in that league is £0 transfer budget, and £4k per week on wages :lol::lol:

I only went and turned them down..... idiot..................

Will put some screenshots up later.

haha that would have been an easy team upto league 1 level

when a board expects midtable, out of 18 teams what is the lowest that is allowed for midtable? 12th ?

Not sure if there is an exact cut off, you thinking about getting greedy in the Winter transfer window?

I wouldnt risk it, those higher expectations might kick on into next year and they'll be demanding champions league football......

Well, I've started a new game and have taken over the St. Alban's job at the end of September. Only one match so far against lower league Ramsbottom in the FA Cup. Got beat 2-0, but we are in the midst of a goalie crisis. Only goalkeeper in the squad is injured for 6 months, so I had to use a kid.

Have been able to bring in a top goalkeeper for Conference South, so here's hoping we turn things around! This team is winless so far and want a mid-table finish. Based on the squad, it should be more than possible.

2nd season in Conference South.

Media prediction 16th.

e26xSog.jpg

Cant complain about coming 2nd, can complain about losing in the play offs even though i was far better over the season than the other teams.

Been offered some good jobs, including league jobs but determined to stay with WSM.

As mentioned in another post was offered the Margate job who are in my division, but where as i have £0 transfer budget and £4k wages, they have £1.5 million transfer budget and £150,000 wages!!!

Only 1 auto promotion spot down here so i'm gonna have to out perform a team with x40 my resources or its the lottery of the play offs again.......

Do you think taking exploit the middle and play narrower OFF the team instructions and also taking OFF cut inside & sit narrower would make a huge difference to how this tactic performs?

This is purely down to the way I like to play. I would just like to have a little bit more variety and have the wide players/use the width more.

So after two months, we're still not totally fluid (part time club and all). Our record in the league is 4W-1D-3L, about mid-range. I'm struggling with injuries. Our last match, the FA Trophy, which we were expectedly to win in huge fashion, ended up a draw because we were down to 9 men after 30 minutes, all because of 5 injuries with players being forced to come off. I ended the match with 7 men. Never had that happen before.

We've crawled off the bottom of the table to 15th, which is nice. Hoping that once I have a few players finally off of life support, we'll be able to continue our climb. Unfortunately, I'm having to use greyed out players just to put together a starting XI.

Do you think taking exploit the middle and play narrower OFF the team instructions and also taking OFF cut inside & sit narrower would make a huge difference to how this tactic performs?

This is purely down to the way I like to play. I would just like to have a little bit more variety and have the wide players/use the width more.

Pretty sure it would ruin the tactic tbh. The whole attacking set up is based around exactly those instructions.

You still see a fair amount of wide play.

Archived