FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the 9 pts meaning my job is saved for now Martinez 6 goals in 4 games been great though I'm out of the cap one cup

always find my tactics seem to take a hit every time there is an update. can be going great and then suddenly cannot string 2 wins together

looking around our player ive noticed lovren has low composure (hence higher chance of him sucking up from pressure) always have low rating for me. Anyone have sold him for how much?

Anyone have played with a defensive forward was thinking of using henderson and gaston gil romero for such job

I sold Lovren in January for £8.5m. Not a lot, but like you, the very low composure annoyed me. Once I got my tactics sorted Skrtel and Sakho formed a very good partnership for me. End of the first season, and Madrid are interested in buying them both!

I want to try a vary formations a bit on this save, and have a mix of 4-2-3-1 (both wide and narrow versions) and 4-3-1-2 diamond.

I've aged with either 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 for the last 5 versions or so and am kinda sick of always signing similar players. Want to try and get a two striker combination going, but not having as much joy implementing it as I'd like.

So I want to keep Sturridge and Balo together, using Sturridge on the wings at times.

How do you play the opposite wing to Sterling?

Sorry was busy the past day or so.

As promised;

2u793ed.jpg

wrbeb.jpg

As for PI's, I'm very much too lazy to upload them one by one. If you have a specific one you want to look at, tell me and I'll post it up!

Im gonna change my full backs from CFB to Full backs defend see if it helps

I actually want to throw the laptop out the window. just drew 1-1 with QPR

I have 15 shots in the first 10 MINUTES of the game with 11 on target and didn't score. eventually had it at 1-0 at half time and then they score with there FIRST AND ONLY shot on target for the whole game

Just signed Calum Chambers, £27m, £10m upfront. Needed a right back as I'm letting Johnson leave on a free. A lot of money, but will be my first team right back and can slot in at CB, and in the half back role I use.

Bloody Aspas rejected a £14m move away because of the contract length offered. Offering him out for £9m now, and nobody is coming in for him.

My transfers, still gutted i missed out on Nkoulou, signed Veltman in his place, also didn't have 1 mill more to sign Romero as a backup :

Transfers_Transfer_History_2.png

Just lost at Everton, 5-4, after 4-3 on HT, made my blood boil.

How i stand up in the league, i was knocked out in League Cup by Norwich on penalties.

English_Premier_Division_Overview_Stages.png

Doumbia and Yarmolenko are great signings so far, also Clasie seems very good, Veltman and Balanta still need to improve :) Another thing, Lambert is so clinical, love him :)

My formation :

Liverpool_v_FCP_Home_Team_Selection_Overview.png

Liverpool_v_FCP_Home_Team_Selection_Overview_2.png

Season 1 review

PL Champions - great first season, won the league on goal diff after having a 9 point lead at 1 stage

FA cup - out in first rd

League Cup - won beating arsenal in the final

Champions Lge - qtr finals losing to Real Madrid

Made 2 big signings for the second season. Jeroinmo rulli for 25m and Callum chambers for 27.5m and have umtiti coming in on a free

Making a big attempt to cull the rest of the squad

Out so far

Mignolet 13m

Lovern 20m

Can 8m

Lallana 15m

Coates 5.25

Lambert 1m

Wisdom 4m

Will be trying to offload a few others

2014/15

Ins:

Summer 2014

Lucas Romero 7m - Eder Alvarez Balanta 6.75m - Reus 21m - Munir 10.25m

January 2015

Martin Odegaard 100k & 2 regens which look promising 2.6m

Outs:

Summer 2014

Glen Johnson 17m - Martin Skrtel 10m - Lucas Leiva 10.25m - Kolo Toure 575k & released plenty of weak youth players on a free

January 2015

Joe Allen 11.5m - Rickie Lambert 1m - Fabio Borini 7.5m

Premier League - 3rd

FA Cup - 5th Round loss to Man City

League Cup - Winners against Chelsea (6-2!!)

Champions League - First Knockout Round loss to Napoli (Awful away performance)

Awards

Sturridge - PFA Team of the Year, PL Golden Boot, Football Writers Footballer of the Year, UEFA Champions League Goal of the Tournament, European Golden Shoe, LFC Supporters Player of the Year

Sterling - PFA Player of the Year, PFA Team of the Year

Mignolet - PFA Team of the Year (Substitutes)

------

2015/16

Ins:

Nathaniel Clyne 11m - Hugo Lloris 25m & a shed load of regens for a total of 12.2m

Outs:

Mario Balotelli 30m - Simon Mignolet 27.5m - Adam Lallana 7.5m - Jose Enrique 5m - Sebastien Coates 5m - Tiago Ilori 2m - Oussama Assaidi 7.5m - Iago Aspas 10m - Ryan Mclaughlin 500k

Currently in October, played 5 in the league got 10pts, not a bad start beating Man City 3-0. Played 2 Champs League games, beat Genoa 6-0 away and Atletico 4-0 at Anfield.

2014/15

Ins:

Summer 2014

Lucas Romero 7m - Eder Alvarez Balanta 6.75m - Reus 21m - Munir 10.25m

January 2015

Martin Odegaard 100k & 2 regens which look promising 2.6m

Outs:

Summer 2014

Glen Johnson 17m - Martin Skrtel 10m - Lucas Leiva 10.25m - Kolo Toure 575k & released plenty of weak youth players on a free

January 2015

Joe Allen 11.5m - Rickie Lambert 1m - Fabio Borini 7.5m

Premier League - 3rd

FA Cup - 5th Round loss to Man City

League Cup - Winners against Chelsea (6-2!!)

Champions League - First Knockout Round loss to Napoli (Awful away performance)

Awards

Sturridge - PFA Team of the Year, PL Golden Boot, Football Writers Footballer of the Year, UEFA Champions League Goal of the Tournament, European Golden Shoe, LFC Supporters Player of the Year

Sterling - PFA Player of the Year, PFA Team of the Year

Mignolet - PFA Team of the Year (Substitutes)

------

2015/16

Ins:

Nathaniel Clyne 11m - Hugo Lloris 25m & a shed load of regens for a total of 12.2m

Outs:

Mario Balotelli 30m - Simon Mignolet 27.5m - Adam Lallana 7.5m - Jose Enrique 5m - Sebastien Coates 5m - Tiago Ilori 2m - Oussama Assaidi 7.5m - Iago Aspas 10m - Ryan Mclaughlin 500k

Currently in October, played 5 in the league got 10pts, not a bad start beating Man City 3-0. Played 2 Champs League games, beat Genoa 6-0 away and Atletico 4-0 at Anfield.

Was Lloris unsettled at Spurs or something? Would love to get him/Courtois to replace Mignolet. Old Simon has a habit of parrying crosses into his own net for own goals.

Finally starting to get the team I want together.

First 11

------------- Munir ----- Sturridge -------------

- Coutinho ---------------------------- Volland -

------------ Wilshere ---- Henderson ----------

- Moreno --- Sakho --- Balanta --- Flanagan -

--------------------- Oblak ----------------------

Bench

Mignolet

Lovren

Gerrard

El Shaarawy

Sterling

Jonhson

Odegaard

Roberts

Enrique

Leiva

Tielmans

Clyne

Rossiter

Cook

Zivkovic

Barbosa

Romagnoli

Suso

Gaya

Sule

Origi

Wilson

Then there is u21 + u18.

Was Lloris unsettled at Spurs or something? Would love to get him/Courtois to replace Mignolet. Old Simon has a habit of parrying crosses into his own net for own goals.

No, he was valued around 17m so I offered 20m. They come back with 28m and I got them down to 25m.

Been brilliant for me so far

How many times do you need to declare interest to unsettle players?

I only had to do it once and make a bid (an offer not suggestion) to unsettle Andy Robertson but Hull wouldn't budge on price even after he was unsettled. Suppose it could work well for players in last year of contract

Getting ready to stRt season 2 - the title defence!

Brought in 9 players during the summer - 4 of the regens, 2 of the I have high hopes for, total outlay was 73m but I made 104m in sales

Have spend 150m in the 2 summers so far but made just over 200m in sales so the bank balance is healthy

Squad now looks good and will only need to buy to replace

GG - horn, Rulli

RB- manquillo, aurier, Flanagan

Lb - Moreno, umtiti

CB - Sahko, balanta, chambers, Vallejo

DM - Steve, Gil Romero, neves, Chirivella

Cm - Veratti, Lucas silva, Henderson, suso

AMR/L - coutinho, sterling, markovic, odegaard, Wilson

St - sturridge, lacazette, barbosa, origi

Liverpool Second Season End of Season Summary:

Summer 2015 Transfers In:

Jeronimo Rulli - Free

Zakaria Bakalli - Free

Patrick Roberts - 9 million (Loaned back to Fulham until 1st January)

Joe Cartwright - 950k (Regen from Crewe)

Javi Manquillo - 5 million

Sergi Samper - Barca - Extended Loan

(15 million)

Transfers Out:

Mignolet - Benfica - 17 million

Borini - Valencia - 9.5 million + 6 million add ons

Allen - Newcastle - 8.5 million + 2 million add ons

Ilori - Newcastle - 7 million + 3 million add ons

Assaidi - Villareal - 5.25 million

Coates - West Brom - 4.8 million + 2 million add ons

Enrique - Elche - 4.4 million (have to pay 10k wages until the summer)

Wisdom - Sunderland - 1.6 million

Lambert - Southampton - 1 million

Luis Alberto - Fulham - Loan (100k per month)

(63 million)

January 2016 Transfers In:

Jose Carlos Vieira - Sporting - 4 million (Regen)

January 2016 Transfers Out:

Skrtel - Roma - 2 million (Approaching end of contract)

End of Season Confirmed Transfers In:

Xabi Alonso - Bayern - Free (End of Contract)

Daniele Marino - Lazio - 5.25 million

Sergi Samper - Barca - Extended Loan - 3rd year running now. He's a solid backup player. Will be trying to snap him up on a free as his contract runs out at the end of the season.

With Stevie G retiring at the end of the season, i felt there wasn't a star player ready to take over his responsibilties at the club.

Alonso being the legend he is, i couldn't resist. Had to fight with Chelsea for him but he couldn't resist returning to Anfield! Looking forward to getting him back and tutoring some of these regens.

Team Instructions:

Same as last year, no changes from the system we used the previous year. When Roberts arrived in January after his loan at Fulham, when he played i switched him to a Winger (support) role on the left hand side.

Competition Performance:

After going 27 home games in all competitions last year unbeaten, we managed to extend it 29 games before Sunderland beat us 2-1 in the league, scoring from both of their shots in the game and us hitting the post/bar 6 times...

Community Shield

community_shield.png

A decent start to the campaign, and an unfortunate debut for Rulli with his own goal. He was the only new signing who made his debut in the game.

English Premier Division:

BPL_2015_16.png

Won the league with 3 games to spare. This was a lot more comfortable for us than last year. The disappointing defeat to Sunderland at home was our only loss at home, with disappointing defeats away to Stoke, Spurs and 4-0 thumping away to Everton...

No european football for United or Arsenal this year, while Everton get champions league as do City.

Sunderland, West Ham and Forest were relegated... Watford was the surprise package finishing 12th and now have a Tycoon chairman. Middlesbrough stayed up, just.

Cardiff, Huddersfield and Hull (Sami Hyypia) coming up.

Carling Cup:

carling_cup_2015_16.png

We went one better this year! All premiership ties this year, except the final.

Timo Horn kept clean sheets in every Carling Cup game this year, missing out on the chelsea game with injury.

FA Cup:

With an 8 game clean sheet record in the FA Cup can Timo Horn extend it this year?!?!

fa_cup_2015_16.png

Simply, no. He got 10 games though!

Winner! Pretty straight forward this year, no extra time needed except the final. The chelsea game was the highlight though, 2 own goals from Cahill and Onazi, Hazard missing a 90th minute penalty and Balotelli scoring from the spot in the 93rd minute!

Champions League

champions_league.png

Much improved performance here. Our biggest problem was keeping clean sheets here this year. Big away loss to Barca and a thumping win at home against them too!

Finished 5 points behind Barca and 3 ahead of Shakhtar.

barca_away.png

They destroyed us basically. Errors all over the place and could quite have easily finished 10-7 as both teams hit the post/bar 4 times each.

barca_home.png

We were awesome here. 3 assists for Hendo and 2 for Sterling. Suarez barely touched the ball on his return to Anfield.

Next up was Bayern in the knockout rounds, 2 very close games with us winning 3-2 on aggregate.

Zenit were much easier opposition, 4-1 on aggregate.

Roma in the semi's was always going to be tough. A 1-0 defeat at Anfield despite near total domination was frustrating.

roma.png

And a 1-1 draw in Rome meant there was no place in the final for us. A much better performance in this competition this year however.

Squad Peformances:

Goalkeeper:

Rulli - 40 games, 39 conceded, 14 clean sheets

Horn - 23 games, 15 conceded, 12 clean sheets. 14 of the 23 were cup/champs league appearances - 5 conceded, 10 clean sheets. His 9 league appearances he conceded 10 however.

Both keepers happy with their playing time, no worries about this position for next year with Rulli improving all the time and Horn close to his potential.

Defenders:

Last years partnership was Lovren and Balanta. This year it was Sakho and Balanta. Lovren was really inconsistent so lost his place and began to moan about lack of opportunities. I think he might be sold this summer. Sakho also notched 8 goals.

Skrtel left in January, so Joe Gomez got a lot of playing time in cup and lesser league opposition.

Joe Gomez:

gomez.png

Gomez_stats.png

High ratings in every competition he played in. Arsenal are starting to sniff around him, but he's been solid for me and won't be leaving any time soon.

Jonny Forde:

10 appearances for Forde this year, mainly in the cups and end of season league games. Nice improvements everywhere stat wise compared to the screenshot of him from last years youth intake. Solid ratings too. Big future this guy i think.

forde2.png

forde_stats.png

Joe Cartwright:

Promising left back signed from Crewe at the beginning of the season. Working on getting his composure up as it's the only stat im really worried about with him. Made 7 appearances and fairly solid performances, a straight red in the second last game of the season meant he missed the chance to play in the FA Cup final.

Cartwright.png

Midfielders:

Stand out performer here was Henderson. He relished being captain for most of the season as Gerrard was mainly limited to sub appearances and went assist crazy. 19 assists and 12 MoM's.

Sterling was great this year as was Coutinho who had a much better campaign than last. Im glad i didn't sell him to Juve now. Markovic had a couple of injuries this year so wasn't as good as last year but solid nonetheless.

Roberts arrived in January after his loan at Fulham and was very impressive. He also made his England debut and got called up for the European Championships.

Alli had a season long loan at Leicester in the premier league, playing 29 games, averaging 6.86

Rossiter had a season long loan at Rangers, playing 30 times, averaging 7.02. His stats seem to have a shot up from what i remember them being. Looks promising.

Sterling - 16 goals, 18 assists

Coutinho - 15 goals, 4 assists

Markovic - 12 goals, 10 assists

Roberts - 8 goals, 6 assists in 16 appearances

Strikers:

A tale of 2 halves of the season here really.

Sturridge started most of the games up until January, Balotelli started most of the games after January. Origi had an injury hit campaign but played well when he started.

Sturridge - 42 appearances (37 starts) - 24 goals, 8 assists

Balotelli - 31 appearances (17 starts) - 20 goals, 7 assists

Origi - 24 appearances (12 starts) - 8 goals, 1 assist

Star Performers:

Henderson, Sterling, Balotelli, Sakho

Surprise of the Season:

Coutinho's big improvement this year was surprising, but Henderson's assists and 7.65 average rating for the season gets him the nod.

Youth Intake:

Completely pointless this year, no prospects whatsoever, hence the signings of 2 potentially world class regen foreign midfielders.

Third Season Targets:

- A similar champions league run.

- With the squad we have now, the league should be the target once again.

- A decent cup run in both cups again would be nice, to let youngsters get as much first team as possible.

Last Year's Future Plans:

Lucas Romero to take over as a Regista for Gerrard - Done!

Tielemans to take over from Hendo in the middle as roaming playmaker - Ongoing - Tutoring between the two of them resulted in a fall out, but Tielemans is progressing nicely.

Origi to force his way into reckoning ahead of Sturridge and Mario - Still a little way to go here but he's well on his way.

Joe Gomez backup CB - Done! He had a great campaign this year. 3rd choice CB atm ahead of Lovren who should be leaving in the summer.

Develop Sterling/Suso/Markovic to become my first choice starters, with Odegaard to contest Suso for that AMC role - Sterling and Markovic are both starters, Roberts and Coutinho are vying for Suso's position though. Disappointing campaign for him.

Forde to become my first choice RB - He's vying with Flanno and Manquillo at the moment. A repeat of Flanagan's disciplinary record this year will probably mean Forde will be first choice at the end of next season.

Limit myself to one first team signing from outside UK every season, with the idea of bringing through talent from within/UK. - Done - Alonso coming in. 1 regen also came in January.

This Season's Future Plan's:

Give Tielemans and Origi more game time

Forde and Cartwright to develop into second choice full backs rather than third or fourth choice

Keep more clean sheets in league/champions league

Keep up our impressive home record (2 home defeats in 2 seasons in all competitions)

Regens Signed:

Jose Carlos Vieira:

vieira.png

Daniele Marino:

Marino.png

Proposed Second Season Squad Depth:

Goalkeeper:

Jeronimo Rulli

Timo Horn

Right Backs:

Flanagan

Manquillo

Forde (Regen)

Centre Backs:

Balanta

Sakho

Gomez

(New Signing needed)

Left Backs:

Moreno

Flanagan

Can

Cartwright (Regen)

Defensive Midfield:

Alonso

Romero

Can

Samper

Rossiter

Central Midfielders:

Hendo

Tielemans

Romero

Can

Alli? - May go out on loan again

Rossiter - May go out on loan again

Vieira (Regen)

Right Wingers:

Markovic

Sterling

Suso

Attacking Midfield Central:

Coutinho

Suso

Roberts

Odegaard

Left Wingers:

Sterling

Roberts

Bakkali

Strikers:

Sturridge

Balotelli

Origi

Areas to Improve:

Probably gonna let Lallana and Lovren go. A replacement for Lovren is the only position i'm going to be short on.

Lots of youngsters will be leaving if i can sell them too.

I'll leave it at that for now, if any of you want screenshots of anything else let me know!

I have tested my tactics a number of times with success in the league, but for some reason, I never, ever seem to win the Champions League the first try.

It's starting to frustrate me because they're normally games that I should be winning but keep falling short.

I have, however, learned a few things so far in this version:

Rickie Lambert is an awesome false 9. Has everything needed for one and collects goals and assists like a world class player. In one of my test saves, he scored 35 goals in the league and 11 in the Champion's League because of Sturridge being out long term and Balotelli being basically, well, rubbish.

Raheem Sterling as a striker is not recommended. Not because he's poor in that position but he is a much, much better player out wide.

The definite weak point in the team is definitely the centre backs and the goalkeeper (Mignolet). For a goalkeeper who was so good in 13 and 14, he has completely turned to crap now. Also, Sakho, who was probably one of the best centre backs in FM12 and 13 is in the time where he just isn't good enough as a world class centre back anymore. Also, Lovren is terrible, his low composure and and average speed doesn't really make him that good enough for the team. Skrtel has been, funnily enough, the strongest of the three but is still expendable. He has high wages and is turning 30 soon so it's probably best to cash out on him, or turn him into a club icon, but his Dives into Tackles PPM means he concedes too many fouls and yellow cards if you are playing a more defensive tactic.

Suso is incredible, no matter where you play him. Out wide, as a centre attacking midfielder or even as an advanced playmaker in the CM spot, he is outstanding. He develops into an absolute monster after the first season if you play him enough and is well worth keeping a hold of him instead of concentrating on the likes of Coutinho or Markovic.

The only player I have consistently signed is Eder Alvarez Balanta, who I'm sure a lot of you have signed as well. He sadly has a fixed PA on this version, but he's probably the best centre back in the game to sign, no matter what. Other really good players to sign are Odegaard (if you have the add-on), Alex Sandro and/or Lucas Romero.

My tactical set up for now, is still a work in process. I have changed from the wingerless tactic I posted before to a flat 4-1-4-1/3-4-3, depending on the opposition and match situation. But I'm not posting anything until it's concrete.

I feel like vomiting...

Lost the league on the last day by one point to Man Utd...

Lost the FA Cup Final to Newcastle 2-1...

Lost the Champions League Final 2-1 to Bayern...

Balotelli (my star player with 40 goals) got a four month injury in the FA Cup final...

What do I do?

Speaking of Balotelli though, I know I said he's dreadful, but I admit that I haven't really played him that much because I hate him in real life and end up selling him by January each time because of said hatred. He's probably really good for you guys, but I just can't stand him. I remember doing the same for Suarez in '13. :lol:

Suso is incredible, no matter where you play him. Out wide, as a centre attacking midfielder or even as an advanced playmaker in the CM spot, he is outstanding. He develops into an absolute monster after the first season if you play him enough and is well worth keeping a hold of him instead of concentrating on the likes of Coutinho or Markovic.

I really feel sorry for Suso on my save. He consistently plays well for me in the AMC role and is pivotal in my side creating chances and keeping possession rolling. His goals/assists ratio is shocking however.

He creates so many chances for my other attackers but if Suso gives them the ball, they miss. He hardly ever gives possession away. If Sterling/Markovic or Henderson give them the ball, they score...

He averaged 7.3 for me in 39 appearances but got 4 goals and 3 assists.

Yeah, it often makes me wonder if I had a world class striker on my side, on how many goals/assists Suso would actually get in some test saves.

The highest he got was 14 goals and 35 assists from the inside forward/support role on the left side, but it still made me think that he should've gotten more because it was Lambert and Sinclair up front.

That being said, I might sign him for another club like Man City or Barcelona where they have Aguero and Messi as strikers and see how well he fairs there.

11 games into 2018/19 and I have 19 points, sitting in 5th, 12 points off the top. Sold Sturridge and Origi in the summer, signed Munir for £32m and a guy called Nathan from Atletico Paraense on a free. We've been inconsistent, and will likely be in the Europa League in the second half of the season.

Munir has been impressive with 8 from 14 in all competitions, then comes a bunch of wingers and defenders with 3, 4 or 5 goals. It looks like it's Rescaldini's turn to have a poor season. He went 13 hours without a goal, but just opened the scoring for me in a 4-1 win against Man Utd, which I'm hoping is one of those season-kickstarting wins we always hear about.

Captain Hendo has been the star - 1 goal and 6 assists from 13 games as a Box to Box midfielder, average rating of 7.51.

In the last two seasons we have gone on spectacular unbeaten runs in the second half of the season, so I'm hoping if I can get the gap down to 8 or 9 points by Christmas, that maybe I can mount a challenge at the end. Especially if we don't have the Champions League. Undecided on whether I'd rather have a chance to win the Europa League or not be in it so we can concentrate on the league. I think I'll be forced into playing in it, I only have to avoid defeat at home to Zagreb to go through, assuming I lose at the Nou Camp. Which I will.

Just lost the Capital One Cup Final against Newcastle. Currently in March, sitting 4th. Went out of the CL in the group stages by 1 point, into the 2nd Knockout Round of the Europa League against Krasnodar though after knocking Wolfsburg out 6-2 on aggregate. In the Quarters of the FA Cup too after knocking Arsenal out 4-2 at the Emirates, beating Preston 9-0 at Deepdale and destroying West Ham 8-1 at Anfield, which led to Allardyce's sacking.

Standout performers for me this season have been Coutinho, Lallana, Lambert, Joe Allen, Timo Horn and Matteo Darmian. It looks as if Chelsea will win the league but hopefully I can add an FA Cup and Europa League trophy to the cabinet in my first season.

Just finished my first season. Finished 4th in the league, got knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter finals by Chelsea and got knocked out of both domestic cups fairly early before Christmas when I was going through a poor spell.

After Christmas, really started playing well, and lost only one league game to Chelsea during this spell. I didn't sign or sell anybody at the start of the season and signed one player in January, Memphis Depay, mainly as I was dealing with a lot of injuries, and also his release clause was £12 million which was a great price. He came in and was awesome, almost scoring a goal a game.

Anyway, the main reason for this post, is having ended the season, with Champions League football to look forward to, on the day the season ended the board said I would have a transfer budget of £12 million. Not great, but I can work with that. With Origi coming in, and also Samuel Umtiti coming in on a free I really only want to add another midfielder anyway. However fast forward a few weeks, and that budget has disappeared and I now have a budget of £2.5 million. My wage budget has decreased too, and I am now over budget.

This is ridiculous! Since when does a team of Liverpool's stature finish in the top 4 and then have a wage budget of £2.5 million? How am I supposed to work with that? Man City have already spent about a £100 million on 4/5 players.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Just got creamed by Spurs in the League Cup Quarters. Lost 2-0 to two mistakes from my defenders. Midfield and attack weren't clicking well together as well; lowest possession (56%) so far this season and lost my 3 month unbeaten run! Still in my first season but sitting pretty at the top of the table with a 14 point lead over City in December. UCL progression is iffy because I drew Juventus. Can probably get past them but only if we play well. Well, better than getting Real I suppose..

Just finished my first season. Finished 4th in the league, got knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter finals by Chelsea and got knocked out of both domestic cups fairly early before Christmas when I was going through a poor spell.

After Christmas, really started playing well, and lost only one league game to Chelsea during this spell. I didn't sign or sell anybody at the start of the season and signed one player in January, Memphis Depay, mainly as I was dealing with a lot of injuries, and also his release clause was £12 million which was a great price. He came in and was awesome, almost scoring a goal a game.

Anyway, the main reason for this post, is having ended the season, with Champions League football to look forward to, on the day the season ended the board said I would have a transfer budget of £12 million. Not great, but I can work with that. With Origi coming in, and also Samuel Umtiti coming in on a free I really only want to add another midfielder anyway. However fast forward a few weeks, and that budget has disappeared and I now have a budget of £2.5 million. My wage budget has decreased too, and I am now over budget.

This is ridiculous! Since when does a team of Liverpool's stature finish in the top 4 and then have a wage budget of £2.5 million? How am I supposed to work with that? Man City have already spent about a £100 million on 4/5 players.

Has this happened to anybody else?

what is the total in the bank balance. has the board set budgets yet? what date are you at as the payouts may not have happened.

If you haven't sold anyone and have only signed 1 player your squad will be bloated so you need to start selling players. you have a lot of substandard squad players who are on big wages and are a drain on finances. you need to sell players to get funds

Archived