Football Manager Handheld 2014 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

excuse my english

Samsung Note 3 / 32GB int.Memory and 8Gb SD Card

I choose 4 countries and the game writes "warning- loading multiple leagues will reduce the size of some club squads and increase etc..."

Helps here more memory?

The Game load Player Pictures, but i see nothing!

The Pictures are at the phone!

i see the match not complete, only highlights-RIGHT?

thanks for help!

Joe_Jopi

• SI Staff

Hi - we only have player pictures available for licensed leagues - which country are you playing in?

It's intentional that the match only displays highlights, the handheld version of the game is intended to be a much faster 'pick-up-and-play' experience so that it can easily be used on short journeys etc.

• SI Staff

We can only supply player pictures for players whom we have the licence for, unfortunately EA hold exclusive rights to the English Premiership at present.

You can add third-party pictures and club badges into the game but obviously please bear in mind copyright restrictions when doing so.

• SI Staff
Got a message saying I can't play the game as I got it from an illegal source, poor.

If you'd be so kind as to post details in the bugs forum of the device you're using and where you purchased it from and we'll do our utmost to get you up and running asap.

is it just me or is it impossible to bring in a transfer for near his worth? i have a save with LFC and even the worst guys on the scout page with interest their clubs would want usually double, sometimes more. i can see hiking up the prices for a world class player, rival club, same league, etc. but i was testing it out on guys worth 1 million and they would sell in the range of 4.5 million...

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

A hotfix (5.1.2) has just gone live fixing issues experienced by a small number of users where sometimes preferences settings and unlockables were not being stored properly after the game was closed.

Regarding corners, I think the real life average over a season is about 1 goal from a corner in every 3 games.

However, Man United's Prem matches last season had even more than 1 corner goal every 2 games.

"the average EPL team scores 1 goal from a corner about every 10 games."

www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2011/05/why-goal-value-of-corners-is-almost.html

In premier league season 2010/2011 every 50th corner was a goal. (Source: The Numbers Game).

Uefa statistics say every 46th.

"Another way to think about these numbers that it took teams 1.07 matches to score a goal from open play, 5.38 matches to score one from a corner, 9.26 matches to score a goal from a penalty, 12.05 to score from a fast break, and 27.78 matches to score a goal from a free kick."

http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2011/06/where-did-premier-league-goals-come.html#more

I don't know how many goals are scored in fmh2014 after corners, but empirically i see a corner goal every other game, and it seems that goals after indirect! free kicks happen too often as well. I assume it might has something to do with the attribut heading. I think "heading" might be overly important when it comes to scoring goals (in open plays as well).

Fair to say this is all pure speculation though, since i cant access detailed statistics in fmh. It's just my observation.

is it just me or is it impossible to bring in a transfer for near his worth? i have a save with LFC and even the worst guys on the scout page with interest their clubs would want usually double, sometimes more. i can see hiking up the prices for a world class player, rival club, same league, etc. but i was testing it out on guys worth 1 million and they would sell in the range of 4.5 million...

Played 3 seasons with Southampton and the frustration of signing any player at anything like reasonable cost made me buy the sugar daddy add on - Made no difference I now have 32 million to spend and can only buy 2/3 very ordinary and very young players for that amount. Love the game but this is frustrating me to distraction. The only Southampton players who seem to be rated as anything other than ordinary are Lovren and Osvaldo. Lallana never rises above 3 stars and Lambert seems to be destined to play in the lower leagues only. Any advice from any quarter gratefully accepted (as long it's not take over Man City)

I am experiencing similar problems KingKit. Very annoying as I can't buy players. I have 32 million to spend and a player worth 7 million is suddenly only available for 25 million.

Manchester CITY and Real Madrid seem to buy seven or eight of the players I am trying for for ridiculous sums of money. Even Man City does not have 250 million to spend in a season!

Would it be possible to add an "instant result"-button? I understand there is one in FM Classic for PC. I usually play FMH on the subway on my way to work. Because I often get the "just one more match"-syndrome, I sometimes have to leave the train while playing/finishing a match. An "instant result"-button could really save me from a few awkward moments in public ... :)

• SI Staff
Would it be possible to add an "instant result"-button? I understand there is one in FM Classic for PC. I usually play FMH on the subway on my way to work. Because I often get the "just one more match"-syndrome, I sometimes have to leave the train while playing/finishing a match. An "instant result"-button could really save me from a few awkward moments in public ... :)

I'd veto this suggestion, I love watching people still trying to play when getting off the bus :D

Hi,

Quick q - if I use someone long enough in a player role, will they revert to that role over time. For example, I've been experimenting with using a Trequartista in my tactics, but I cannot find a single player in the game with that role. So I've been using an Advanced Playmaker there instead. Will he develop into a Trequartista if I play him there long enough? Cheers.

• SI Staff
I've just uploaded fmh2014 onto my nexus 7. How can I tell if I have the latest update? and future updates get loaded?

5.1.2 is the latest update, please check the Credits page linked from the Start screen to verify this.

Those "bidding wars" are annoying. It might be just bad luck, but I've now tried to buy four players for my league 1 Barnet side, and failed on all four attempts. I've yet to see a "bidding war" when I want to -sell- a player, though..

Please make some adjustments to this?

The problem I have with bidding wars is that you can't use them to your advantage in the way that AI teams do. When you get a bid in for one of your players you have to either accept or reject it there and then, with no option to hold on for a bit and see if other, higher, bids come in.

I had an offer come in for a player that I was trying to offload. It was bit below his stated value, but I was keen to be rid of him, so I accepted. The next day another, much higher bid came in, which I also accepted, but the player chose to go to the club that offered less.

AI clubs get to keep us waiting while they see what everyone will offer. Why can't we do the same?

Well had a decent play with the game now. It's definitely harder, certainly with small clubs. Getting good people to sign for the money they want is tough.

One suggestion I would make is including some pre season odds for the division faves and your own team just so you have some idea how strong the media thinks your team is. Particularly useful for the lower divisions.

I don't know if this is already mentioned somewhere, but I bought the Android version yesterday and noticed that at startup the game rotates my screen so that it's upside down and I cannot get it to auto-rotate 180 degrees back to the preferred alignment (due to the cover case which I can fold to support the tablet, iFive x2).

Firstly I think the new layout is great, took a while to get used to but it's fantastic...

Secondly, why no team talks?!! To me it seems like a simple enough addition?? I feel the match day would drastically benefit from it..also I feel the general tactics options needs a revamp or at the very least the added option to view your opponents and select if you want to man mark certain player's or show the wingers on to their weaker foot etc...??

I also think the game would benefit from having a more detailed assistant manager and perhaps having a few coaching staff..you'd obviously need a bigger database but that could be created by losing some of the pointless leagues that no one ever uses!?

Just a few thoughts

This made me laugh out loud since the devs are always being bugged to add more leagues.

I think it'd be interesting if SI could do a poll so user's can vote on which league's they actually use...I'd wager most would say England, Spain, Germany and Italy...then maybe Scotland, Holland and maybe Brazil..???

I'd definitely add Portugal and France to that list, maybe Belgium, too. The others are probably used quite rarely (Australia is possibly my least favourite league and the Irish and Welsh leagues all feel much the same), but I'm not sure I'd want to see them scrapped in exchange for being able to hire coaching staff. In reality it would add very little to the game, other than having a few more contracts to renew every now and again.

I'd definitely add Portugal and France to that list, maybe Belgium, too. The others are probably used quite rarely (Australia is possibly my least favourite league and the Irish and Welsh leagues all feel much the same), but I'm not sure I'd want to see them scrapped in exchange for being able to hire coaching staff. In reality it would add very little to the game, other than having a few more contracts to renew every now and again.

I disagree, I think coaching staff (and other staff, such as scouts) would add a great new dimension to the game. But I wouldn't suggest dropping leagues for it. Personally I would like the Danish League added.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the database to grow as devices become more powerful, so we may not need to sacrifice anything. But the devs need to be convinced that it would be a good idea, and not slow the game down too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Quick q - if I use someone long enough in a player role, will they revert to that role over time. For example, I've been experimenting with using a Trequartista in my tactics, but I cannot find a single player in the game with that role. So I've been using an Advanced Playmaker there instead. Will he develop into a Trequartista if I play him there long enough? Cheers.

Hi SI,

Can I get an official response on this please?

Thanks

Hi,

My response isn't official, but no.

But Advanced Playmakers and Trequartistas are different positions, are they not?

• SI Staff
For example, I've been experimenting with using a Trequartista in my tactics, but I cannot find a single player in the game with that role. So I've been using an Advanced Playmaker there instead. Will he develop into a Trequartista if I play him there long enough?

A Trequartista is a fairly rare role and generally only given to the best players in the game if they're suited to such a role - that being said others can do well in that position if they're suitable.

(the coach suggestions are just that 'suggestions' as to how the coach would play that player, in the next update you'll be able to see more of opposition tactics during matches and see the roles their players have which might help some people with deciding how to setup their sides)

• SI Staff
Would it be possible to add an "instant result"-button? I understand there is one in FM Classic for PC.

No - I vehemently hate such things, I know FMC has one in it ... but frankly it wouldn't if I was in charge of the project.

My reasoning is that such things destroy the addictiveness and immersion of the game - it becomes far to easy to say 'this season is going nowhere I'll fast forward to the next one' ... then you get to the next one and you don't really know how your players performed and aren't attached to them in the same way you would be if they'd played through with you.

I usually play FMH on the subway on my way to work. Because I often get the "just one more match"-syndrome, I sometimes have to leave the train while playing/finishing a match. An "instant result"-button could really save me from a few awkward moments in public ... :)

Yeah I can understand that - one day I hope to implement 'in match' saving to help avoid this.

• SI Staff
Secondly, why no team talks?!! To me it seems like a simple enough addition?? I feel the match day would drastically benefit from it..also I feel the general tactics options needs a revamp or at the very least the added option to view your opponents and select if you want to man mark certain player's or show the wingers on to their weaker foot etc...??

These are all fairly 'deep' features and would slow down the game play more than I think would suit a mobile product - I DO have a loose design in mind for a team-talk style module which might appear one day, but it won't be at all the same as the PC version and much lighter and more intuitive to use.

• SI Staff

These are all fairly 'deep' features and would slow down the game play more than I think would suit a mobile product - I DO have a loose design in mind for a team-talk style module which might appear one day, but it won't be at all the same as the PC version and much lighter and more intuitive to use.

PS - Viewing opponents roles and team instructions will appear in the next update.

A Trequartista is a fairly rare role and generally only given to the best players in the game if they're suited to such a role - that being said others can do well in that position if they're suitable.

I had a Trequartista in League Two. He was good at that level but certainly not one of the best players In the game. He had outlived his usefulness by the time I was in the Championship two years later.

(the coach suggestions are just that 'suggestions' as to how the coach would play that player, in the next update you'll be able to see more of opposition tactics during matches and see the roles their players have which might help some people with deciding how to setup their sides)

Thanks for the reply but it still hasn't answered my question.

Will a player's preferred/recommended role change if I play him long enough in one? In other words, is it influenced by how I use him?

• SI Staff
Will a player's preferred/recommended role change if I play him long enough in one? In other words, is it influenced by how I use him?

No how you use him in matches won't change his preferred roles, I'd always prefer to be a defender even if my coach insists on playing me in midfield (bad idea I'm bad enough in defense ;) ) .....

You could possibly 'tweak' the roles shown by changing his training though - this is akin to persuading someone that his strengths lie elsewhere by encouraging and improving those skills you want them to show ... not something I've actually tried doing myself, but it probably would work.

No how you use him in matches won't change his preferred roles, I'd always prefer to be a defender even if my coach insists on playing me in midfield (bad idea I'm bad enough in defense ;) ) .....

You could possibly 'tweak' the roles shown by changing his training though - this is akin to persuading someone that his strengths lie elsewhere by encouraging and improving those skills you want them to show ... not something I've actually tried doing myself, but it probably would work.

Yeah I have a CM whose preferred role was usually Advanced Playmaker although it would occasionally 'flip' to Box to Box Midfielder or even Ball Winning Midfielder, and I wanted him to develop as a BWM (as I already had another excellent AdvPM) so I changed his training to be more defensive.

Thanks. I didn't realise the periodic variations in a player's role came from changes in his attributes.

Archived