Football Manager Handheld 2014 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Currently addicted after moving away from the desktop versions due to time commitments (children, damn them!)

My feedback would be:

- Reduce size of the ball on the 2D highlights and introduce some curve to the ball. My imagination is running low now I've played 500+ games...

- Tweak highlights to remove repetitive/foreseeable events i.e. player pass to winger in final third, 100% chance that player will shoot and slowly shoots and keeper saves.

- Apart from the ball going unrealistic slow for a shot sometimes, it is generally difficult to differentiate between normal and hard shots - if this actually exists - so I would like to see an obvious difference in how hard a shot or pass has been hit. AND height. A smaller ball may help with this.

- Players seem to hit the ball first time most of the time. So if you use your imagination you pretty much get first time volleys from all over the pitch. What ever happened to a player getting passed, taking a touch or two then hitting, it's just ping pong most of the time.

I would enjoy the game much more if the highlights weren't as predictable.

Also don't see how man marking is not an option, especially since I've had coaches suggest I man mark players but there is no option to do it.

Also, scouting is a mess because I will scout for players and they seem to ignore my criteria and swamp my inbox. I would rather the scout update me weekly and I look at a report of all of his findings (which I want to be able to filter in the same way I can filter the transfer market or shortlist) than he send me a message for every single player he finds.

Also would like an auto remove report/from shortlist option so that I don't have 1000 day old reports etc. This has been annoying because I've gone from Conference to Championship and did not clear shortlist/reports so had to just start from scratch at an inconvenient point in the season.

Also please fix the sort by ability list. If I view lists by coach report and press sort by ability it changes the order to an apparently random order, not 5* > 1* etc.

I completely agree with the above comments about the 2D highlights. I absolutely love the game and think that this years is the best version so far. However, when it comes to the highlights I just feel like some of the realism disappears. Partly due to the lack of variation, but mostly the ball movement and ping pong nature.

The Cricket Captain games have got pretty decent highlights for a mobile sports management game, I realise it's probably not as easy as implementing something like this, but for me, this is where I feel needs most improvement.

Hello,

Getting addicted to this again, took a break from Handheld and now that I own an IP5C I opted to purchase.

Couple of things, i noticed this on my old IP4 but the scrolling sensitivity seems a little OTT. It scrolls way too much sometimes..

Not only that (it may be linked) when scrolling down the list of players on the tactics screen for example it is so easy to accidentally scroll but then go into a player profile when I dont want to- all I want to do is scroll!

They are the only two things I can say are emotely negative, love the rest of the game so far I must admit, mass improvement over FMH13 and I thought that was good! :)

• SI Staff

I'll take a look into the scrolling sensitivity for the next game - although it seems ok on my iPhone5 here, it might be the different processor on the IP5C leads to a slightly different effect.

I'll take a look into the scrolling sensitivity for the next game - although it seems ok on my iPhone5 here, it might be the different processor on the IP5C leads to a slightly different effect.

Very sensitive on the iPad mini Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Loan status bug? I came back to the game at the weekend and decided to loan my younger players out. However after offering the players out to clubs I noted that when I looked at their transfer status they were not listed as being available for loan? This is on the iPhone 4.

I seem to having a lot of long term injuries to key players, far more yhan I have ever noticed while playing the pc version of the game. I can't help but think this is due to the option to be able to purchase a magic sponge!

Maybe a good start for next years edition would be to try not riping off fans who've already forked out for the game.

I seem to having a lot of long term injuries to key players, far more yhan I have ever noticed while playing the pc version of the game. I can't help but think this is due to the option to be able to purchase a magic sponge!

Maybe a good start for next years edition would be to try not riping off fans who've already forked out for the game.

What magic sponge? I'm not aware of any such item in the store? I haven't noticed any more injuries than previous versions, but the old style of training by sticking everything on intensive does not work anymore and will result in a lot of injuries.

• SI Staff
What magic sponge? I'm not aware of any such item in the store? I haven't noticed any more injuries than previous versions, but the old style of training by sticking everything on intensive does not work anymore and will result in a lot of injuries.

I think he's talking about either the FM PC/Mac or Vita versions of the game - there is no such thing as a "magic sponge" in FMH.

(just to mention however that I know there was no change at all in the injury simulations on those other products and that the chance of an injury crisis is the same in FM PC/Vita as its always been)

• 3 months later...

I love the game.. I've just been made England manager. Playing club and country at the same time. I seem to be unable to call up any players to the England squad? Also have 4/5 young guys in the squad who are greyed out and I am unable to remove? Very confused and annoyed I just want to add some of my club team? any ideas?

Archived