FM14: Chelsea F.C. - The Happy Ones...We Hope

Bracken

Holidayed the first season with the LFC Marshall update, with no transfers in first window to see how it'd turn out, and have taken over 2nd place Chelsea in the summer. Jose didn't change much in January, only bringing in Turan and Schneiderlin for a combined £35m. Did annoying sell Azpilicueta though which is annoying, as I'm a big fan of his, and only getting £16m for him is a disaster of a transfer. The 2 signings Jose made didn't help though, as they fell 3 points short of City, with Arsenal and Liverpool making up the Top 4. City didn't make much movement in January either, only bringing in Vertonghen for £28.5m, and selling Navas for £20m. It worked though, and Pellegrini won his 2nd Premier League title. No such luck for Louis Van Gaal though, who despite the additions of Shaw and Herrera they could only manage 5th place. Van Gaal not improving the squad in January certainly didn't help, with his only signing being 19 year old left-winger Pione Sinto from Midtijylland for £2.6m, who was immediately sent on loan to APOEL. Van Gaal paid with his job, and it looks like United could also lose their captain too, with Rooney handing in a transfer request. The signings of Timo Horn and Erik Lamela at the start of the summer weren't enough to save LVG, and he departed before the end of the World Cup.

Before I took over in July, Jose had made his first signing of the summer, bringing in Lars Bender for £24.5m, which is a handy signing, as I normally end up buying a Bender brother at some point anyway. Since I took over though, there have been major developments in the transfer market. I've sold Kalas, Matic, Turan, Torres, and Marin for a combined £65m, and then brought in Serge Aurier, Domenico Berardi and Xherdan Shaqiri. Particularly pleased with the signing of Shaqiri, who, for £20m is an absolute steal. With those transfers made, I'll be lining up with:

--------------------------Courtois--------------------------

---Aurier----------Terry-------------Cahill----------Felipe---

------------------Bender-----------Fabregas----------------

---Shaqiri-----------------Oscar----------------Hazard------

---------------------------Costa----------------------------

Looks incredibly strong, and with bids already accepted for Jonathan Silva and Viktor Fischer, the squad will be incredibly deep, and filled with young, exciting talent. Hopefully be able to go one better than Jose, and win the league with this team!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started a new save with LFC Marshalls update.

Trying to sign a young left back, tried to get Grimaldo but he won't even negotiate a contract. Any recommendations?

Also tried to sign Pogba but Juventus want a ridiculous amount of money for him.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Half way through my first save with Chelsea and fm15 and I am really enjoying it. Not easy and when things go wrong you really have to try and put it right quickly but it definitely feels more realistic. JackJCFC did you make many signings?

Been playing as Chels the past couple of days on FM15 and this is the most excited I've been about the squad in quite some time! Currently on a 5 game unbeaten streak, but struggling to get Costa firing. Hazard is unbelievable, though!

I've struggled with Costa too, so brought Remy in and he's scored 15 in 5(6) apps! Hazard has 18 assists in 17 apps. Playing a 3-3-1-3, so brought in Asamoah and Cuadrado to play the WB roles. We've scored 2 or more goals in the past 11 games and 4 or more in 9 of those 11, including a 4-0 win over City!

Half way through my first save with Chelsea and fm15 and I am really enjoying it. Not easy and when things go wrong you really have to try and put it right quickly but it definitely feels more realistic. JackJCFC did you make many signings?

Only signed Depay for 10 million, loaned him back to PSV for the season. In January i got Tielemans for 10 million, Stones for 20 million and Sisto for 3.4 million.

Hazard managed to win World Player of the Year in my first season too :cool:

Some nice signings there Jack. I was looking at Stones but his personality put me off. I like to have determined, professional and resolute characters that fit well with the rest of the squad. I like the idea of Mepay as a signing how is he getting on for you?

Josh have you tried Remy on the wings? I trained him to play so he can play on the left, through the middle and on the right. He rotates wings with Hazard and they both bang them in.

United and Van Gaal seem to be my bogy team and manager. They always seem to give me a wooping with there 4-3-1-2 formation. Lost twice to them in thePrem and knocked out by them in the quarters of the Carling cup.

If we arent going to get a thread open then I will just post an update here.

I am currently 5th and almost got sacked before Christmas when we just could not win a game! Got the "get 9 points out of the next 5 games to save you job" speech from the board. However we clawed it back with my old and faithful 4-3-3-dm formation. Unfortunately I pissed off some players because of signing Baines and keeping Courtois as the main man between the sticks. Luckly I had Terry's backing. You mess with the wrong one you get them all (I like this since it is very realistic). However I didnt entirely forgive those players and decided to sell them. These players were:

Cech- 13.5 mill and Luis-9.5mill. I know I should have got more but they were effecting my team morale. Once they were gone we started winning more games and shifting up the table.

Others out:

Ramires-23.5 mill- PSG-He just didnt have the passing ability I required in my midfield. I did miss his work rate in the middle though.

Ivanovic-11 mill-Napoli-Solid right back but as you will see I brought in my prototype for the right back slot to fight with Aspilicueta. After selling him his value dropped to 9mill which suggests I got a good sum for him.

Players in:

Summer Transfers:

Baines-20 mill-Everton-English and one of the best in the league. He did lead to Luis throwing a strop (dont blame him) and that meant bye bye for him.

Marco-13.75 mill-PSG-Displays the attributes required for my prototype midfielder. I would like more height-aerial ability and finishing ability as this is the midfielder of the future- The all rounder.

Balanta-7 mill-River-One of the best South American footballers this last year and for 7 mill I had to take him.

Dani Alves-6.5 mill-Barcelona-Wages are a bomb but come on its Alves! :p He just makes me happy and gets good ratings plus he backed me.

Coric-700k-Dinamo- I love a bargain and a future prospect. He is both! Another great little gem from Dinamo... How do they do it?!

Winter Transfers in:

Lucas Romero-5.5 mill from Velez- He looks a brilliant player and can play in the dm and cm-both natural. Really useful player and will look to improve the attacking side of the game.

Fernando Pacheco-250k- Director of football signing after I sold Cech plus got rid of Beeney and Schwarzer on a free. Really happy with this signing. He is a bargain, great back up, great sweeper keeper (which I play), has some potential to improve (his command of area and aerial ability) plus worth 2.5 mill now

Isaia Bertolaci-350k-Fiorentina-Decent 18 year old keeper, 2 footed and 2.5 star potential

Lets hope we can push for the top 4 otherwise... bye bye to all the great players we have.

I've actually found Stones to be incredible for me so far, i've now opted for a partnership of Stones/Zouma this season as i tend to play a high pressing game which just doesn't suit Terry.

Depay has been alright for me, obviously backup to Hazard at the moment on the left wing but he's had some good games some bad, hard to give him a real run of games though as Hazard is just too good!

I wouldn't worry about the board threatening to sack you btw, i also had a bit of trouble with them at the same sort of stage. In the end i got a 3rd placed finish and won the FA Cup which was enough to keep my job.

I play Costa mainly, Remy for rotational matches and both of them are averaging a goal a game. I don't know what you guys are doing differently but Costa has been fantastic for me, he gets an assist for every 2 goals he scores on average, which is surprising. In case you're wondering, I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 wide with Costa/Remy as a Poacher. Only player instruction for the ST position is Close down more. If you can't get the best of Costa, maybe you can try poacher, it somehow works for me. Another boost is he does not seem to have any hamstring problem, in my game at least ^^.

I'm approaching December and still unbeaten. Closest to defeat was Man City. Was down 1-2 and managed to equalise in the 71min with Costa and then a Hazard penalty in the 88th minute gave me an incredible 3-2 win.

Sorry have to add that, during my second last UCL group game, was in danger of dropping into an embarrassing 3rd place as I was losing 1-2 to Steau in the 70th minute. With Costa unfit and Remy shooting birds in the sky, I decided to bring out the legend and we won 6-2, courtesy of 2 brilliant goals by Drogba! What a player!

ZV9Ty5.jpg

Just to let you boys know, you can get £35m for Ramires from PSG. I put a high price tag on him figuring if no one wanted him I'd keep him as a BWM and PSG were happy to pay it. I found this to be hilarious as he was the second Benfica player we shipped to PSG for a ton of money!

What do you guys think about Phil Jones for £26.5m? It's a lot for a defender, but I figure he's one for the present and future and the long term pairing of him and Zouma sounds great!

I've been messing around with a few different saves, but will be starting a long term Chelsea save here soon. No one feeling up to starting the '15 thread?

Just to let you boys know, you can get £35m for Ramires from PSG. I put a high price tag on him figuring if no one wanted him I'd keep him as a BWM and PSG were happy to pay it. I found this to be hilarious as he was the second Benfica player we shipped to PSG for a ton of money!

What do you guys think about Phil Jones for £26.5m? It's a lot for a defender, but I figure he's one for the present and future and the long term pairing of him and Zouma sounds great!

I've been messing around with a few different saves, but will be starting a long term Chelsea save here soon. No one feeling up to starting the '15 thread?

£35 mill :O I only got 23.5 and I thought that was a good amount... I feel ripped off now haha. I think Phil would be a good buy but I am not sure whether I would spend that amount on him. Also the partnership of Zouma and Jones would lack vision and off the ball. So you wouldnt be able to play out the back as much as you may like. What about giving Balanta a shot? He is young, has loads of potential, can slot into the first team, can play on the left hand side of defence, has all the stats that would allow him to play from the back, personality fits the squad and he improves a lot in a short period of time? We also have the nigerian Ken on loan at Middlesbrough, who seems to doing well there, coming back in the summer of 2015.

I've actually found Stones to be incredible for me so far, i've now opted for a partnership of Stones/Zouma this season as i tend to play a high pressing game which just doesn't suit Terry.

Depay has been alright for me, obviously backup to Hazard at the moment on the left wing but he's had some good games some bad, hard to give him a real run of games though as Hazard is just too good!

I wouldn't worry about the board threatening to sack you btw, i also had a bit of trouble with them at the same sort of stage. In the end i got a 3rd placed finish and won the FA Cup which was enough to keep my job.

Yeah I told Terry he would be benched due to youngsters and he was fine with it (not sure that would go down well in real life). I have Balanta partnering Cahill, with Zouma and Christensen as back ups. All four seem to perform very well. Hazard is just an animal! Partly the reason why Schurlle was getting pissy with me.

Good to know! Seems like we are on the up and getting some good wins.

More ins and outs(Winter transfer window):

Outs:

Drogba-Free- At 36 with wages of £80 000 and not playing much. Sorry but not worth it plus seemed to have no fee since I did it in January (last 6 months of his contract)

Schurlle-Napoli-£15 mill-Got upset at not playing enough and didnt like how I treated Luis, so he had to go. Dont want a player bring down the rest of the changing room.

Todd Kane-Derby-£1 mill

Ins:

Manolo Gabbiadini-£8.5 mill from Lazio. A pretty complete looking striker with potential to improve, fairly professional, can take a free kick and can play out on the wings.

If anybody could start the thread. If you look at the Liverpool thread it doesnt have to be great.

Yeah I have Matic in DMCL and Fabregas MCR, much more effective defending than both at MC, weird to look at but quietly effective. Fab's stats really took a tumble compared to his Arse/early Barca days :(

I've experimented with Willian and Oscar at AMR but Willian took the opportunity and ran with it, Oscar hasn't been any use in any of saves no matter what position (AMC, MC, AMR/L) despite his stats being decent as a box-to-box guy.

Alright guys, I've taken on the project of creating the FM15 Chelsea thread. This will be a project I'm working on over the next few days and it'll be my first time so be kind and I welcome any input you may have! I'll have it up in the next hour or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to start this save up tomorrow. I had a browse through the club etc.

At the moment these are my plans:

Signings: Reus, Miranda, balanta, Romero, RB/CB. Maybe young striker

Will probably look to sell cech too, maybe replace him with valdes eventually or somebody like timo horn. going to invest in some younger players and hopefully build a dynasty so to speak

Going to start this save up tomorrow. I had a browse through the club etc.

At the moment these are my plans:

Signings: Reus, Miranda, balanta, Romero, RB/CB. Maybe young striker

Will probably look to sell cech too, maybe replace him with valdes eventually or somebody like timo horn. going to invest in some younger players and hopefully build a dynasty so to speak

Why invest in Timo Horn when you have Thibaut Courtois who is roughly the same age?

Archived