Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, Dornbirn are a bit of a random choice, but I like the idea of the youth thing. Best of luck!

I like the look of their kits. Red and White, to go with the idea of an Ajax style club. :D Their stadium size is pretty good as well, and hopefully has room for expansion.

Not that I need another save/challenge, but I'm jumping in anyway, with Glostrup Albertslund, newly promoted in the Danish 2nd Division East. (Screen shots to be posted shortly). Team actually looks pretty good, don't think I'm going to immediately clear my staff out.

(as an aside: was looking through the news items during the "holiday year" and saw the names of two former players for our local indoor soccer team back in the 80's, who are now coaches in Denmark. If they hadn't been given head coaching jobs, I would have picked them up for my staff.)

First, hi to everyone. I lurk this topic every once in a while, been doing that for 12 and 13 topics also.I would like to ask you how much money did you have in your balance before becoming professional?
I haven't got that far in FM14 just yet rather embarrassingly, so can't answer that question.

Not that I need another save/challenge, but I'm jumping in anyway, with Glostrup Albertslund, newly promoted in the Danish 2nd Division East. (Screen shots to be posted shortly). Team actually looks pretty good, don't think I'm going to immediately clear my staff out. (as an aside: was looking through the news items during the "holiday year" and saw the names of two former players for our local indoor soccer team back in the 80's, who are now coaches in Denmark. If they hadn't been given head coaching jobs, I would have picked them up for my staff.)
Welcome and good luck. Been waiting for someone to start in Denmark, should be an interesting follow. Should be fun trying to topple FC Copenhagen.

FC DORNBIRN 1913 WELCOME NEW MANAGER RILEY JOSEPH TO THE CLUB.

This morning saw the departure of Peter Jakubec from the managerial position at the club, and the signing of Welsh manager Riley Joseph as his replacement. It is thought that Jakubec and FC Dornbirn chairman Höfle Werner had a major disagreement about the clubs chances of avoiding relegation in the coming season, with Jakubec certain that he wouldn't be able to keep them up with the wage budget he had been given. Following a heated discussion, Jakubec felt the only course of action would be to resign from his post. A matter of hours later, Riley Joseph was appointed as the new club manager.

Not much is known of 31 year old Joseph at this point. He is a former football player, having played for lower league teams in both Wales and England. Joseph has yet to appear in front of the press, but did have these words to say to fc-dornbirn.at: " I am delighted to be working for a club like FC Dornbirn, and hope that I can put some silverware in their trophy cabinet. I know the fans will be very wary of me at first, given that Dornbirn is the first club I've managed. I want to ensure them though, that I have the clubs best interests at heart, and with the full support of the club chairman I can take this club to the top league. I am a very ambitious person, and would like to have DC Dornbirn playing top flight football within the next three years."

With such great ambition and high expectations for the club under his management, we wish Riley Joseph the best of luck at FC Dornbirn.

Taken from fc-dornbirn.at

Out of interest, which countries are generally used the least from this challenge? I'm tempted to give it a go, but I want to have a go with a relatively obscure team (I do understand that all teams chosen are pretty obscure) - I'm drawn towards to likes of Croatia and Serbia.

I'm not really tempted by the Scandinavian countries for some reason.

Out of interest, which countries are generally used the least from this challenge? I'm tempted to give it a go, but I want to have a go with a relatively obscure team (I do understand that all teams chosen are pretty obscure) - I'm drawn towards to likes of Croatia and Serbia.

I'm not really tempted by the Scandinavian countries for some reason.

How about Slovakia, Hungary, or Israel? I don't think I've seen anyone playing as a team from those countries yet.

How about Slovakia, Hungary, or Israel? I don't think I've seen anyone playing as a team from those countries yet.

I'm playing Hungary and we've had a completion from Hungary in this edition...

survived a takeover and they put £2m in the transfer kitty. hello. that goes a long way in Hungary.

Who did your club get taken over by? Was it a businessman or Sugar Daddy? I bet £2m will come in very handy. What do you plan on doing with the cash?

2953.png

Well after a couple hours of reloading and Old Boys not coming up once I decided to jump at the chance when the team with the lowest reputation got promoted, Etoile Carouge FC.

Manager Profile - Profile 2

Club Overview - Club Facilities

Squad - Key Players- David Gonzalez - Samir Ramizi - Alexandre Infante

2014/15 - Etoile-Carouge - Swiss Challenge League

League Table - League Fixtures

I was expecting us to battle against relegation all season, we never did though spending the whole season between 3rd and 6th whilst Wil & Servette were in a league of their own, although next season will be a lot different as a lot of contracts expire and I'll be rebuilding the entire squad in order to keep within budget.

Swiss Cup - We beat 2 lower league teams before narrowly losing out to St. Gallen in the 3rd Round.

Squad - The squad performed a lot better than I expected, it'll change a lot next season though.

Transfers - Improved where I could and added some depth to the squad, let go of deadwood to bring the wages down.

Youth Candidates - Utter Carp.

Key Players:

Shaho Maroufi - Highest average rating with 7.25 and the top scorer with 17.

Astrit Hyseni - 2nd top goalscorer with 14.

Albien Ajeti - Scored 11, not bad for the on loan youngster.

Season          League            Position       Swiss Cup           Europe     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15     Challenge League        3rd          3rd Round            N/A

Makoto, how much are you enjoying managing in Switzerland? I want to start this challenge, but sturggle to find a nation i would enjoy. I've tried the whole Scandinavia, along with Hungay and looked at some other nations, but can't seem to find that one nation i'd jump in to :(.

BK-Glostrup-Albertslund.png

1513536_w2.jpg

BK Glostrup-Albertslund

Boldklubberne Glostrup Albertslund (BGA) is a Danish football club (founded 2009) currently playing in the Danish 2nd Division East. They play at Glostrup Idrætspark in Glostrup, Metropolitan Copenhagen, which has a capacity of 4,000.

It is a merger of Glostrup FK and Albertslund IF.

BK G-A hires unknown Erik Daniels as coachhttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234235038

His apparent, stunning lack of experiencehttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234235055

His historic overview, lots of zeroes http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234235046

The BK G-A Club overview http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234235062

the proof of initial promotion, as requested http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234235027

(sorry, I don't have pic-saving account anywhere but Steam, and I can only link those through a web address.)

Makoto, how much are you enjoying managing in Switzerland? I want to start this challenge, but sturggle to find a nation i would enjoy. I've tried the whole Scandinavia, along with Hungay and looked at some other nations, but can't seem to find that one nation i'd jump in to :(.

Well, I was enjoying it but because of my own mistakes of rebuilding the squad in order to keep wages down, I've ended up getting worse players but for the same amount of wages that I had before, turns out no-one in Switzerland will accept less than £625 p/w and that's left us in last after 14 games with just 7 points...

Podunkboy - best of luck in Denmark :)

Makoto Nakamura - very decent first season with Etoile, shame you are struggling in your second, but hope you recover as I think your save will be very interesting with the tycoon at FC Thun. I managed to get Old Boys up once after reloading a lot of times, but I failed miserably and got sacked after being way behind everyone else half way through the season...

sebs - nice cash injection there!

podunkboy - good luck in Denmark!

FC_YPA_logo.svg

Just started at FC Ypa in Finland.

If I can trust my new appointed assistant, it looks like I have a pretty young talented squad

They're one of the teams I was considering when i decided to play in Finland. They look really good, other than the small stadium. Good luck with them.

superdad - Thanks. They seem to have a bit of cash with a balance on £140k at the start. Got them to upgrade the junior coaching right away.

That's good going. Does that mean you now have above average junior coaching and above average youth recruitment?

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2021/2022

League at Winter Break

League Final Standings

It might well seem like the league wasn’t quite so impressive this season, but we were actually on for an unbeaten season until we won the league and I therefore played a very young side to get them some experience, the emergence of Bayer and Höhn being a particular highlight as Höhn finished with 16 goals including 10 in the league, not bad for a 17 year old. Bayer is already an ever present and will only improve as time goes on.

In the cup, we coasted through to the semi finals despite playing a very youth heavy side most of the time, including the likes of Kurt Schumacher, a 16 year old AMC with 3 star potential and Zvonomir Pesic, a 17 year old DC with 2 ½ star potential. with a 5-1 win away at Oberwart (Bayer, Höhn, Goncalves x2, Martinovic), a 2-1 win away to our rivals First Vienna (Höhn, Schumacher), a great 4-3 win away to sudden title challengers thanks to a tycoon takeover Kapfenberg (Pesic, Höhn, Djordjevic, Bedia) and then a 6-2 win in the quarter final at home to Wacker Innsbruck (Acimovic x2, Höhn hat-trick, Schumacher). The young side we put out sadly succumbed to LASK Linz in the semi final, losing 1-0 despite controlling much of the game.

We did quite well in the Champions League again, but I would have hoped to at least finish 3rd again. We ended up 4th due to a loss to 3rd seeds CSKA, but a 2-0 win in the last game at home to Chelsea was certainly promising for the future.

Transfers:

Another focus on youth coming in, with the only signing really for the first team (aside from a cheap backup goalkeeper) being Jordi, a Spanish right back with decent potential for €3.7M from Austria Wien. A signing as much to strengthen us as to weaken our rivals. No big transfers out, but we made €4.7M on offloading various players who wouldn’t quite make it into the team and were holding back the youngsters.

The first XI at the end of the season:

GK: Damir Kozic (Free transfer from Dinamo Zagreb, 251 appearances, 58 clean sheets)

DR: Jordi (€3.7M from Austria Wien,36 appearances, 1 goal)

DC: Derik (€1.3M from Austria Wien, 47 appearances, 3 goals)

DC: Andrija Djordjevic (€3.5M from Lokomotiv Moscow, 62 appearances, 8 goals)

DL: Carles Planas (€64K from Barcelona, 100 appearances, 4 goals)

MC: Dragan Ostojic (Free from BVB, 116 appearances, 2 goals)

MC: Christopher Bayer (€725k from SV Ried, 82 appearances, 11 goals)

AMR: Bosko Leskovac (€1.6M from Vojvodina, 87 appearances, 30 goals)

AML: Pedro Goncalves (Free transfer, 243 appearances, 72 goals)

ST: Lukas Höhn (€1.2M from Rapid Wien, 50 appearances, 17 goals)

ST: Pedro (€45k from Atlético 124 appearances, 85 goals)

Total cost: €12.1M

Top scorer: Pedro . 24 goals isn’t quite as impressive as his normal haul, but in fairness he had to contend more with Lukas Höhn than I expected at the start of the season and he even lost his place for a little while when we had an easier run of games. Playing 2 strikers towards the end of the season lessened his scoring opportunities too.

Best player: Bosko Leskovac . Another fantastic season from the young Serb, with 13 goals and 18 assists coming from his right wing position. He is attracting big interest from other clubs and seems to want to leave so his time with FAC might come to an end faster than I would like. We’ll certainly get a record fee for him though which should help strengthen the team.

Youth prospects:

Dong Quiansho: SOLD to Fenerbahce for €1M

Flavio Vieira: Didn’t progress at all and another bad injury caused him problems- SOLD to DVD for €400K

Christopher Broser: SOLD to Ingolstadt for €525

Christopher Bayer: At age 18 he was pretty much an ever-present, making 44 appearances and missing only 3 league games. He is a decent long shot threat, landing a few piledrivers this season and with 10 assists in addition to 7 goals the signs look promising.

Lukas Höhn: Another 18 year old making big waves this season. He is already one of the best finishers at the club and having a role model like Pedro is really helping his development along. He’s interesting some of the biggest clubs in the world but I’m hopeful of keeping hold of him for at least a couple more seasons.

Nikola Martinovic: Signed for €900k from Maribor at age 15, this season was his big entrance into the first team as he made 31 appearances, mostly at left wing but his attributes suit either wing or striker. His pace is another frightening one in this league, and with 6 goals and 6 assists he’s doing well so far.

Gabriel Wieser: Spent the season out on loan, first at Banik Ostrava where he only made 6 appearances with 2 goals, then at Augsburg where he was a first team regular and made 26 appearances with 5 goals. He’s the 3rd striker at the club at the moment and is developing ok, but he’s being held back by Höhn and Pedro.

Finances: Same story, still secure thanks to Champions League revenue. We’re only just catching up to the wages the bigger Vienna clubs can offer their players, and aren’t even close to being able to match the wages of a decent club from a bigger nation.

Average attendance: 15412 (of 15875) with 8 sellouts. Selling out even the new stadium so we’ll be expanding again for next season.

Next season: So close to another Europa League challenge, and a win against Chelsea shows what we’re capable of. Hopefully we can make it again next season

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)
2018/19  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3         |   EPL      |   Pedro Goncalves (20)
2019/20  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | F         |   CG      |   Pedro (30)
2020/21  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | W        |   CG/EK1      |   Pedro (31)
2021/22  | Bundesliga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | SF        |   CG      |   Pedro (24)

2014/15 - Nes Ziona - Israeli National League

League Table - League Positions Graph

Very disappointed with my first season, yes we finished 10th when we were predicted 15th which is good, but with just 14 games left we were in 3rd and had a chance for promotion, until we lost 7 games in a row which saw us go down to 12th. You may notice that the team that finished above us are in the Europa League next season, well they beat Hapoel Tel-Aviv 4-3 in the State Cup Final.

Cup Fixtures - Managed to lose to the same team twice, it's not so bad though as they won the cup so I'm not as ashamed of falling at the first hurdle.

Squad - We have a good squad, not good enough for promotion but good enough for now, if there are possibilities to strengthen then I'll gladly take it.

Key Players:

Didi Ungar - Best all-round player with 14 goals and 15 assists.

Daniel Ilamo - Top scorer with 19.

Ahmed Shibel - A good goalkeeper....even though he conceded a lot, good average rating.

Best Youth Prospect/s

Ofir Sobol (YP1)

Finances - bad.

Season   |      League      | Position  |    Cup    |  Europe   | Top Scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | National League  |   10th    | 7th Round |   N/A     | Daniel Ilamo (19)

Now I won't plan a squad re-build, especially after what happened in Switzerland...

That's good going. Does that mean you now have above average junior coaching and above average youth recruitment?

Good junior coaching and above average youth recruitment.

corinthiano - Thanks.

Archived