Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

IJsselmeervogels.png

League-Position Graph-Finances-Fixtures-Transfers-Squad

Will edit with screenshots once Photobucket is back up.

Season Summary 2017/18

The season started off promisingly until we suffered an injury to Kelvin that ruled him out for 4 months :( the squad doesn't have enough quality to cope with losing one of our top forwards and thus we struggled for a period. We had been keeping in touch with top 6 but then a few loses saw a big gap emerge between the top 6 and the chasing pack.

I thought if we managed to hold on to a top 7 spot we would qualify for the Europa League playoffs. It turned out that due to the winners of the cup taking a playoff spot that 8th was good enough for the Europa League playoffs and that is where we finished. Navigating our way through the semi final we met the mighty Ajax in the final who must of had a but of an off season to be so far down the league.

We lost the home leg 1-0 but managed to give them a game at their ground. We took the lead on goal difference around the 84th minute which had me prematurely celebrating our entry into Europe! Ajax managed to grab a goal in the 87th minute to put pay to our dreams. (Can't currently access photobucket to get exact details of the above match).

Transfers

We had a reasonably quiet transfer window during the summer but come the January transfer window we raided Barcelona for two quality young players that have bags of potential. I thought I was going to miss out on the fullback as I had to withdraw and rebid with monthly installments due to not having enough current transfer budget.

Season    League            Position       Achievements
2014/15   Jupiler League      16th
2015/16   Jupiler League      1st           Promotion
2016/17   Eredivisie          12th
2017/18   Eredivisie          8th

I love the name of your team. It sounds like a mysterious novel.

There are some cool names in Holland. Go Ahead Eagles is also a great name.

And when I have first brought up the topic, O'Higgins in Chile is pretty cool too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good going kroblues, nice work retaining your Title and now that your the top team in Austria hopefully you can pick up the best players. Looks like you have struggled to have many good Austrians in your team also?

Good luck with your latest attempt with Brodd Gundo.

Looks like some good progress there c4aught.

We gained promotion! We've managed to do it with six games to go, and we're looking good to win B Group. In my first season in the Bulgarian B Group, I was surprised how bad some of the teams have been. There's only been a couple of teams who've caused us any problems at all. All the rest of the teams in this group have played terribly against us. I'm looking forward to the step up to A Group. We've only played against one A Group team since I took charge, and that was Levski in the Bulgarian Cup. They outclassed us, and showed why they're one of the biggest teams in Bulgaria.

WKE

End of Season Report 2015-16

wke_emmen.jpg

League Table

League Graph

We started off the season in quite horrendous form with 9 goals conceded in the first 3 games but as the team started getting used to the 4-4-2 tactic, that we hadn't used at all the previous season, we managed to start getting some points. We were using an Overload mentality which may have contributed to our woeful defensive record but it did mean that we scored loads ourselves and we finished second in the goalscoring table. Certain highlights from the season include our cup run that put us against PSV, RKC and Twente all of the Eredivisie. We held a second string PSV side to a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes and then after they had used all three subs they managed to get two enforced injuries meaning we scored twice against 9 men (this was made sweeter as they won the league). RKC were a more even match up and we hit them twice in the second half to win 2-1 after being second best for most of the game. FC Twente gave us a slice of hope before cruelly dashing it in a 5-4 loss. We were 3-0 down before drawing level then went down 4-3 before again equalising in the 88th minute but it wasn't to be as they scored a 90th minute winner before going on to win the Cup.

As we steadily climbed during the season I hadn't expected us to make the playoffs but in the end we managed to scrape in, despite losing on the last day 3-1 to FC Oss who didn't go above us on goals scored. We faced Helmond Sport in the first round of the playoffs and after being 3-0 down after 30mins in the first leg we pulled out a heroic comeback to win 4-3 after two really late goals. Unfortunately it just wasn't to be and we got thumped 4-1 at home in the second leg.

Finances

Our finances took a considerable upturn due to being taken over by a consortium (almost a third of Dutch playable clubs have had takeovers in game). The new chairman kept me on after a week of deliberation and gave me a lot of money in transfers and wages, although I am limited to who I can sign as our rep must still be very low. He has also accepted my request for training and youth facilities upgrade.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Squad 1

Squad 2

GK

Kelle Roos - First choice, conceded 85 in 42 and I will look to replace sometime soon. (He was signed by Derby IRL today.)

Eric Gelderblom - Played only one game due to Roos being injured and was second choice because our best rated youth gk was out on loan.

DF

Thijs van Hofwegen - First choice RB, could play better.

Bas van Loon - First choice LB for most of the season, was replaced at times due to poor performances.

Niek Ossevoort - On loan from NAC Breda, will try and sign him on a permanent basis.

Tom Kessels - Another outstanding season from the young CB.

Sem van der Pijl - On loan from Feyenoord, was really good after we loaned him in January.

MF

Rick Elfrink YP1 - Our best youth product of last year came on leaps and bounds as first choice left mid and finished as the leagues top assist maker. He is still 16 so is yet to sign a pro contract too.

Alexander Prent - Was first choice right mid and played ok without producing as many assists as I would have liked.

Carlos Schaap - Was injured for the majority of the season but came in near the end to lay on 4 assists and 2 goals in 9 games from right mid.

Kevin Geudens - Signed from the Belgian top flight on considerable wages and played as often as injury allowed in the defensive centre mid role.

Cees Keizer - Filled in Geudens role when the latter was unavailable.

Mark de Loor - One of the rotated players in the more attacking centre mid role, did ok for a former non league player.

Marcel Strutter - The other main rotated player at centre mid after eventually getting him for his desired wages from an amateur contract in non league.

ST

Henny Noyen - Signed for £30k from the Belgian top flight and was a sensation finishing as second highest goalscorer in the league.

Kevin Wiegman - Only played 9 games last year but was taken off his amateur contact and played in every league game and was brilliant company for Noyen.

Roy van Dalen - Scored 10 goals in 11 starts but was subbed into a lot games too, a really good third striker except for his very poor composure.

Youth

Ken de Vet YP2 - The best of this years graduates but not sure if he could ever challenge for a first team place.

Ali Aarab - Signed for £130k from Telstar and played one sub appearance before being injured for the rest of the season, I have high hopes for him.

There really aren't that many good Austrians available tbh, I've tried to bring in some Austrian youth players so hopefully the team will be more Austrian as time progresses. First priority was getting the team good enough to be able to afford the young players though.

There really aren't that many good Austrians available tbh, I've tried to bring in some Austrian youth players so hopefully the team will be more Austrian as time progresses. First priority was getting the team good enough to be able to afford the young players though.

I can relate to that, i fielded a team of Non-Austrians for the last 2 seasons. Managed to sign a good CB and DM for this season though so at least there is someone Home Grown for the fans to get behind.

I can relate to that, i fielded a team of Non-Austrians for the last 2 seasons. Managed to sign a good CB and DM for this season though so at least there is someone Home Grown for the fans to get behind.

That was the same when I played in Norway couple a years ago. I scoured the country for players, but there were few good enough to get in my team and challenge for european glory. That is a shame, cause you want to have a core of national players in the team.

FC Jazz - Season 2027 - Veikkausliiga - 2nd

vk1y.png

It should have been a great season! The 78 points I accrued would have been enough for the title in any of the last eight seasons. FC Inter pipped us to it by a point, our goal difference would have been enough. Annoyingly this came down to an 85th minute own goal against HJK with 4 games to go.

Still, we did win the cup and have a fantastic run in the Europa League. Disappointingly we were knocked out of the Champions Leauge in the 2nd Qualifying round despite being the better team against Dinamo but made up for it in the Europa League. 4-1 against Genk away from home in the playoff was a great result but the draw wasn't kind. We drew Hamberg, CSKA Moscow and Fenerbahce who looked a tough set, I didn't expect any points. Our first game out we thrashed Hamberg 6-1!!! We then went away to Moscow and won 3-1, we were lucky however and two of our goals were on the break. This run continued though and in the end we only lost one game and finished comfortably top of the group. We have picked up Leverkusen in the 1st Knockout round for February, they will probably be too strong for us. Then again I thought that about the group phase.

We now have a very healthy bank balance. Starting the season I had a promising striker Riku Elovaara who had played a handful of games the previous season and done well, I was thinking about putting him into the team for this season to kick on his development. I noticed in January that there was interest in him, I figured loan moves to other Veikkausliiga. It turned out about 10 of the biggest clubs in Europe were chasing him, obviously he is more promising than even I imagined. I offered him to the clubs for £10m which was a bit cheeky, three clubs responded with bids. The highest being Napoli at £5.5m. I accepted and he went. This money at a stroke took me from struggling to rather afluent. This was topped up when my Icelandic midfielder Ragnar Gudnason asked for a move to a bigger club and wouldn't accept my assurances about his future. He was sold to Rosenborg for £3m. This has put me in the position of being able to start picking up players from the other leagues in Scandinavia who were out of my price range previously. Swedish winger Oskar Ek arrived in July from Malmo for £700k while pacy Striker Morten Darre will come in from Brondby for £2.5m in January along with 8 other young Danes. This should push us on to a higher level so I am confident that we will be able to bring back the title next season.

League Table

European Fixtures

The Team

GK Jonas Latikka - Interest from Bayern Munich came to nothing but if I can't persuade Latikka to sign a new contract this close season the Finnish international will be sold.

RB Marko Poskiparta - Finnish international midfielder signed from FC Inter for £60k this season. Played well while converting to fullback.

CB Petteri Tuovinen - The classy centre-back had his best season yet. Has established himself in the national side.

CB Kari Penttila - Another quality season for the international centre-back.

LB Hannu Vuorinen - The pacy full back hasn't developed into quite the player I wanted. Still worth his place but could be replaced.

RW Oskar Ek - The Swedish winger was a big money £700k signing, arriving in July. Was fantastic in the second half of the season.

AP Andrey Kolesnikov - Now in his thirties, Andrey's place is finally under threat from a couple of up and coming players coming through.

DLP Pontus Liden - Promising youngster returned from a loan spell with HJK and went straight into the team to replace the departing Gudnason.

LW Janne Korhonen - A good season on either the left-flank or upfront. Scored 22 goals, may be sold in January.

AF Ikka Turunen - QUick young striker. Whether he keeps his place depends on his development this season.

DLF Juuso Latosaari - A hamstring injury set back Latosaari who has been injury prone. Might be moved on this summer.

Incoming transfer

Morten Darre

FFL.png

Lillehammer FK 2022

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3

Table

CL Group

Managers Thoughts

It was a fantastic season for us as we looked well out of it after Molde had opened up a 12 point gap so to go and win there like we did was remarkable. Bruhn and Hagen again were superb as we pulled it back. Europe has been fantastic for us too and we would have been playing in the final if 5 minutes of sloppiness midway through the 2nd half against PSG but in all honesty we over achieved in getting that far even so I am not too down about it. We got out of the group comfortably again this season and we face Juventus in the next round.

I am finding it hard to come across good Nordic defenders but in attack and midfield there is some quality and potential and my 3 signings for the new season will hopefully move us forward.

Tonnesen has the looks of a potential star about him and though Fjeldstad looks like he'll need a bit of work in certain areas my scout rated him and at the same price as Tonnesen (£12k) it isn't much of a risk. Both along with Diouf will be getting game time before Europe and in the cup at least this season as they come in and replace a few of the older players. Engelberg is a player i've been after for years on loan but has always gone somewhere else but mid season if the funds had been available he'd have come from Newcastle then, i'm delighted to have got him at last.

Finances are pretty much the same as they were at this stage last year due to the record signing I made in the summer so there'll be no more signings for cash in this window but I will hopefully get a few faces in the next one.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements            Europe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Second Division (2)     6th      1st rd.           Top Half Finish             N/A      
2015   Second Division (2)     1st      1st rd.           Champions/Promoted          N/A
2016   Adeccoligaen            7th      Finalists         Top half Finish             N/A
2017   Adeccoligaen            3rd      Finalists         Top 3 Finish                N/A
2018   Adeccoligaen            1st      Winners           Promotion/Cup Winners       N/A
2019   Tippeligaen             6th      3rd rd.           Top Half Finish             E.L Group
2020   Tippeligaen             1st      Winners           The Double                  N/A
2021   Tippeligaen             1st      3rd rd.           Champions                   1st in CL group
2022   Tippeligaen             1st      Winners           The Double                  CL SF /2nd in CL group. 

Doing great Dexter, Looks like you will nail it soon.:thup:

God news for me now is that we have experienced our third takeover since the start, now by a consortium. That means money I hope.:D

Bad news is that they haven't decided upon wheter they will keep me as manager or not. Crossing fingers!

Doing great Dexter, Looks like you will nail it soon.:thup:

God news for me now is that we have experienced our third takeover since the start, now by a consortium. That means money I hope.:D

Bad news is that they haven't decided upon wheter they will keep me as manager or not. Crossing fingers!

Cheers :thup: I think we are still a bit away yet though, sticking to Nordic players is a bit hard because the lack of good defenders and keepers willing to come so I think that will take a while (luckily my facilities are improving over time so there is a chance I can produce the players I need myself)

As for the consortium mine is a good one, they pumped quite a bit of money in when we were in the red and also got us quite a few sponsorship deals which seem to get a lot more money coming in each time they get renewed so hopefully you'll get similar.

Nice work winning the Double again Dexter, dominating the league now... Just need that one good Europe run.

Chhers brettney, as I said above it's the back 5 that aren't of the standard as the rest of the team, Hagen is the best defender and he isn't really special. If it wasn't for jumping reach then i'd have been putting Diouf and Tonnesen there as they are the best prospects but they'll never make it there IMO, so i'm sticking to them being our future midfield pairing and hope I can solve the problem another way :D

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2024/25 - Ukrainian Premier League

League: 8th (Positions)

Solid season, but not spectacular. Had a good result in beating Dynamo Kiev away, but the squad wasn't big enough to cope with the demands and we faded away a bit towards the end. Still, I think we have consolidated us in the top flight now, and hopefully we can push on from here.

We were taken over by a consortium, our third takeover. But they haven't ploughed a lot of money in to the club yet.

We went out in the qualifying round to the Europa league against Molde. Success seems far away yet.

Best player: Djibril Diabate: Another solid season from the defender.

Top scorer: Maycon: Had him on loan at first, then we got him on a free. Great goalscorer.

Youth prospect: Yuriy Kornev: I could need a good goalkeeper. Hopes he can turn good.

Economy: In the red. I am waiting to see if the consortium provides some money.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 6666 (7110)

Next season: Top six.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 

IJsselmeervogels.png

Season Summary 2018/19

I think this was possibly the least activity I have had in the transfer market. I couldnt really afford much of an increase in wages so loans seemed like a good option to increase numbers and maybe add a little bit of quality. The most I am spending is £40k a month on this guy Okoro from Arsenal.

We started off the season well holding on to 3rd/4th position easily. Kelvin was absolutely on fire and if I remember correctly he actually grabbed two hattricks on the bounce. As the season progressed though we slowly started slipping down the league just gently getting bumped one spot down the league on a regular occurence. 2/3rds of the way through the season out form picked up and we went on a run that saw us move from 8th to a high of 3rd and a new found dream of Champions League football. We then managed to throw it all away with 3 losses in our last 3 games leaving us with another playoff to get into the Europa League.

We cruised through the 1st two legs and were face with AZ who had finished a place below us in the league. The 1st leg was a drab affair with AZ running out 1-0 winners leaving it up to us to make some magic happen away from home. Another poor game saw it all square and on the 67th minute when Mahi was sent off for a second bookable offence! With us down to 10 men and time running out I was starting to expect the worse until Lawson Gale rose on the 79th minute to head in the all important equaliser. Holding on into extra time we put up a great fight and took the game into a penalty shootout. AZ missed their first penalty and were playing catchup from then onwards which saw us run out 4-2 winners in the penalty shootout and into some Europa League qualifiers for the first time.

Kelvin had his release clause activated by Levante and I feared the worse but moved quickly to offer him a new contract and I was obviously delighted when he chose to stay and go on to score 31 goals for us this season.

2018/19   Eredivisie          5th           Europa League Qualification
2019/20

Does anyone have any views on the Loan system/market on this version of the game? In my above season I got in a few loans but at the end of the season I took a look at my opositions teams and saw upwards of 6 very good loan players. PSV and FC Twente were certainly using it to their advantage but I wasn't sure whether it was a little bit over kill.

For my next season I have waded in with them hahaha!

Etar Veliko Tarnovo - Bulgarian B Group - 2014/15

JZMuw23.png

Club Information | Facilities | Manager Profile | Board Overview | Confidence

Total domination!

League Table

Past Positions

Results

Things couldn't have gone much better in the league. We won it with a few games to go, and the team played brilliantly.

Bulgarian Cup - Things were going well in the cup until we got to the quarter final, where we played A Group team Levski. In the first leg, we were played off the park but still scraped a draw. We weren't so lucky in the second leg, although we only lost 1-0.

Squad

Staff

Transfers

Finances - The clubs current balance doesn't look good. Fingers crossed a good final position in A Group and some bigger attendances at home will help make this look better by the end of next season. In the mean time, we'll have to be very careful with our outgoings.

Key Players

Mohamed M'Changama Our best striker, who scored the most for the team and in the league.

Martin Toshov - Wasn't far behind M'Changama in terms of goals scored.

Iliyan Trifonov - Played brillaintly in both a central midfield and defensive midfield role. He may not be a first team regular next season due to a new player I've already signed, but he'll definitely start some matches and sit on the bench when needed.

Nikolay Nikolaev - Did a good job on the wing, scoring a few and setting up his fair share as well.

Tsvetan Petrov - Was great at the back, and still has plenty of time to reach his potential.

Awards

B Group Manager Of The Season - Jim Wheato

B Group Top Goalscorer - Mohamed M'Changama

Four players in B Group Team Of The Season.

Aims For Next Season

Avoiding relegation would be a good start. I'd also like to get a bit further in the Bulgarian Cup, maybe making the semi final. Sorting out my finances would be handy as well.

Other News

A new stadium is in planning until 23rd July 2015. I have no idea why we'd need a new stadium. It was the idea of the old chairman, so I'm hoping the new one is going to realise it's a daft idea.

So yeah, we have a new chairman. As you can see, his first job as chairman was to get a loan out. It didn't help much, and also shows that he's got no money to splash out on the club.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         B Group               1st               B Group winners, Bulgarian Cup quarter finalists.

Thanks for all the congrats.

I'm not sure whether this is a good time to try it, but I'm experimenting with a different tactic. It's a 4-4-2, and I'm hoping it'll give me a good shot at staying up in my first season in A group. I'm bringing in a fair few new players, and they're all geared toward making this tactic the best it can be with the small amount of money at my disposal. I'll be keeping M'Changama and Toshev up front and a couple of other players in they're favoured positions, but the majority of the first team will be fresh new (and hopefully better) players.

Edit: Finally, the chairman has decided to throw a bit of cash into the clubs balance. It's not a massive amount, but it gets us out of the red. Fingers crossed we can stay in the black, and start making some money. There is some interest in Toshev, so I may sell him if the price is right (high).

Edit 2: A couple more awards to add to the list. Top assists by M'Changama and Biggest Overachievers. Also, we got a new kit sponsorship worth £160K for a year. That's over two and a half times the amount we made a year on our old kit sponsorship!

Hi all. I'm new to the forums, and have been checking them out. I stumbled across this challenge, and really like the look of it. I'm thinking of starting in a medium rep country, and like the look of Serbia. Is anyone else playing in Serbia? If yes, how are you finding it?

Riley Joseph is the new manager of FK Radnicki Obrenovac.

After having a quick look around the club, it looks like my first job after setting my tactics will be signing some staff. The current staffing situation is dire, with me as manager, a chairman, and a bunch of directors/managing directors.

I've been given a measly £40K for transfers and £5K for wages. I'll probably end up moving the majority of the transfer budget into wages. It only gives me another £700 to play with, but with the low wages the players at this level want, that's potentially another three or four players.

Thanks both of you. I can see why people don't play in Serbia. My chairman is an idiot, and we are still semi-pro. There's only three other teams which are semi-pro, and they're the other three who got promoted. I can see my first season being a struggle.

Sounds like a right challenge Superdad good luck.

In Jsselmeervogel news we have just won our second penalty shootout of the season to book our place in the final of the Dutch Cup. My keeper has saved two penalties in the last two shootouts!

Really unlucky, Dexter. So close! Hope you'll get the trophy next year.
Ouch Dexter that is pretty painful.
Ouch, sooo unlucky there Dexter, but we all know you'll come back stronger next season and win that thing ... Right!?

If it had gone to penalties i'd have fancied us then even as i've not lost a shootout in this save yet (admittedly it's been a few seasons since we had one) but really we should have held on after we went 2-1 up, I keep saying it but the whole defence bar Hansen in goal isn't good enough for the step up and it's something I hope to work on in the coming months because unless we do we will never win the CL tbh.

superdad good luck with Radnicki Obrenovac :thup:

IJsselmeervogels.png

Season Summary 2019/20

After noticing the quality and amount of loans my rivals were bringing in I started off the season by diving into the loan market and signing up 8 loan players. They were not all 1st team regulars but I needed to increase the numbers for our Europa League campaign presuming we qualified for the group stage.

With the signings that came in we started off the season with a new formation of 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 centre mids and two wingers. We were playing the best football I have seen us played and managed to win out first 5 games and only ended up losing in a ding dong battle with PSV who actually ended up strolling to the league title. It took another loss before we managed to string together a great run which saw us trading places with PSV at the top of the table until game 18 where we took top spot in the league and held on for another 4 games where it looks like we suffered only our 4th loss once again to PSV. This knocked the wind out of our sails and in the next game we face Ajax with the pressure on to keep in touch with PSV, they ended up going down to 10 men with us winning 2-1 but a 90th minute equaliser ruined any sort of title challenge.

Finishing 10 points clear of 2nd showed just how well our season had gone in the League as no one else could compete with us and PSV at any point. This is hopefully a massive season for us and we can kick on in the next few seasons.

Europa Cup

We qualified for the Europa League stages easily an drew a group consisting of Dnipro, Rangers and Liverpool. Two games in we had scored 8 goals and conceded 2 giving us 6 points and looking like favourites to qualify from the group. The wheels then came off our performances and a 6-2 loss to Liverpool ended up costing us on goal difference.

Dutch Cup

We managed to beat PSV on penalties and came through another penalty shootout in the Semi-Final after another great penalty performance from Kadu making two saves. Coming from behind to be winning 2-1 we were cruising along until the 91st minute when AZ managed an equaliser against the run of play. Into extra time and we managed to boss it grabbing two goals and with that clinching our first trophy. Appears to be a reasonable amount of money available in the cup with £800k for a semi-final win and £1.7mill for winning the final. http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy61/lew_is_morton/IJsselmeervogelsvVitesse_OverviewOverview_zps75e25f10.png

Playerssss

Kelvin - Kelvin has been with me for 4 seasons now originally coming in on a free and what a bargain he has turned out to be. 62 goals in 116 games is a great return as he spent half of one season with a bad injury.

Phelipe - Phelipe came in halfway through the 2016/17 season and cemented his place in the heart of our midfield from the off. Managed 9 goals and 15 assists this season for his best season so far.

Fousek - Another free signing but has just made himself our highest paid player with a release clause of ~13million I hope no one activates that clause. Doesn't actually seem to perform great but his stats look pretty good to me and will make a great tutor as he is a Model Professional.

Jordy - Doesn't light up the screen when you look at his stats but he performs great. Is currently receiving interest from two clubs but with a new contract I doubt I will let him go. Cost me £140k and has averaged above 7 for the 4 seasons I have managed him.

Kadu - Came in with bags of potential and a small transfer fee of £10k as his contract was ending at FCP. I seem happy with his performances and we managed 14 clean sheets in the last season. He did have a few crazy moment during the middle of the season but will forgive him for those.

Ismael - Signed from Barcelona 3 seasons ago has been my 1st choice left back since then. His performances have started to attract attention from some bigger teams but he doesn't appear to be interested in leaving at the moment. Hopefully he can still improve somewhat as well.

Fernandez - The other signing from Barcelona and has played 30+ games averaging above 7 for the last two seasons. Had a message during his time here that he had slacked off in training but it doesn't appear to of affected him as he has improved consistently. Another one attracting a fair bit of interest but with no seeming interest in leaving.

Vera - Came in from Arsenal on loan with lightning pace. Grabbed 19 goals for us so I will be looking to renew the loan deal if Arsenal don't want to take him back.

Boyaro - Another quality loan signing this time from PSG. Offers great cover as he can play anywhere along the backline but is as good as Fernandez at centreback. Another that I will be looking to renew.

2018/19   Eredivisie          5th           Europa League Qualification
2019/20   Eredivisie          2nd          Champions League Qualification

LASK Linz

Preview

Comments:

I've decided to take on this challenge, as you'll probably be able to tell! I'm pretty excited as it's a great concept and I'm hoping I'm up to the task, I'll also be looking to emulate some of the previous entrants' successes! I've decided to go with Austria, purely because it was the first alphabetically and LASK Linz are the team that came up, not just once, but all three times I tried to load a team. I was kind of hoping someone else might come up, LASK have been in the top flight before and even won it, back in '65, but alas I was unable to find another team, so they'll have to do I guess!

Information:

Chairman Status: Loves the club

Finances: Okay

Value: £3,500,000

Training Facilities: Average

Youth Facilities: Good

Squad

Without going too into depth, the squad is decent, nothing more, nothing less. 15 players make up the first team and a few more in the second team, none of them are particularly eye-catching but then again I am in the Austrian second tier... We have a decent scouting range (practically all of Europe is fairly well documented) and so I'm hoping that we'll unearth some fairly decent players. However, that requires staff, and I have just a fitness coach and U-18 Manager so that's going to be another area where we shall require some focus.

Summary

Well, obviously it's going to be a tough challenge, otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge. We've a decent set up to start with but we're in a very tough division this year and one where there are many teams looking at promotion. We're predicted to finish in 5th spot and I'm predicting a relegation scrap right now, but we'll see how things unravel, that's the most interesting part. And it's all still yet to come!

Other

Manager Profile Screenshot

129129.png

HIFK - 2015 Ykkönen

Ykkönen

Media Prediction: 5th

Board Expectation: Safe Mid-Table

My Target: Challenge for Promotion

League Table: 3rd ǁ Position Graph

A disastrous start of 5 straight defeats left me in a completely uncomfortable position and it took us a while to recover. My job was in danger at some point but we suddenly just clicked and got slightly close to top spot finishing a good third.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

I was an idiot and let my players play for the second team in the earlier rounds of the cup, thus making them ineligible for the first team. Went out in the first game...

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

A lot of free transfers again, but this time really adding quality to the squad. Shouldn't have to sign so many players next season.

Key Players

Mikael Forssell: I just could not resist bringing him in. Way past his best and practically limping on field, still got some goals and provided some key assists.

Elja Heiskanen: Great young defender, had a solid season.

Lucas: Replaced the experienced Luís Vanderlei. Didn't start well, but when he got going the whole team did too. Most assists in the league and part of the Team of the Season.

Fredrik Mattsson: Absolute find, the youngster banged in plenty of goals and is only getting better, will be key to our promotion push next season.

Other News

Finances – Still not good, but at least the board pumped some money in.

Next Season Targets

1. Promotion

2. Decent run in the cup

3. Try to lose less money

The form we were in at the end of the season makes me confident for a promotion push, lets just hope we don't do so bad at the start of the season.

Career Overview

Season       League          Pos        Suomen Cup            Europe           Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014         Ykkönen         6th        Seventh Round         N/A              N/A
2014         Ykkönen         3rd        Fourth Round          N/A              N/A

WKE

End of Season Report 2016-17

wke_emmen.jpg

League Table - 5th - Promoted through Playoffs

League Graph

Somehow we managed to fluke a promotion when it never looked like we would challenge for even a top 3 finish but with the crazy playoff system we were able to take our late season form into the important fixtures. The season began much the same as the season before had ended, with loads of goals at both ends of the pitch. The problem with this was that we seemed never to be able to hang onto any leads so about halfway through the season I changed from the 442 formation we were playing and reverted back to the 41311 formation that kept us up in the first season. This enabled us to pick up some really good wins and meant we only lost 5 games from then on. Despite us losing the last game of the season we were still in a strong playoff position that meant we didn't have to play in the initial round but did mean that we came up against 2nd placed Heracles.

The first leg of that playoff was crazy, after going 1-0 down Heracles had two players sent off before 35 mins and meant that we could try and assert our authority in the tie but it was harder than I expected and they still managed to score a second before we killed them off 4-2. The second leg was more our game and the players seemed to play out their skins to win 3-2 and therefore go through to the next round 7-4 on agg. The next tie was against Willem II who finished just below us in the league and we managed to mess the first leg up at home. After being 2-0 up after 42 mins we lost 2-3 with 2 goals in the last 10 mins of the game, we had more shots and more possession but it seemed like fate had already decided that this was as far as we were to go. Luckily the reverse happened in the second leg and we took our chances, of which there were very few to seal a 3-1 victory and a promotion to the Eredivisie.

Unless our rep increases and I'm able to sign some top notch players I can't see how we will survive because currently even players that are on the fringes of other Jupiler League teams don't want to join. It might even be a blessing if we can have one year trying it then have another crack at the Jupiler League because it feels a bit cheap to go up after finishing 5th.

Finances

Our finances took a bit of a hit after the board upgraded both our youth and training facilities, also the amount we are spending on wages meant that we were losing a little money each month too.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Squad 1

Squad 2

GK

Kelle Roos - Played most of the season

Nicolas Corbel - Started the season in goal due to Roos conceding loads last season but was awful

DF

Thijs van Hofwegen - Occasional RB

Christopher Oualembo - Loaned from Amiens in Jan to be our first choice RB

Bas van Loon - Second choice LB

Niek Ossevoort - Second season on loan from NAC Breda and played at CB or LB depending on injuries/suspensions

Tom Kessels - First choice CB

Sem van der Pijl - Signed from Feyenoord after being on loan last term and was a solid first choice CB

MF

Kevin Guedens - Played in defensive CM until the system change then sometimes played as DM but didn't play well

Cees Keizer - Didn't play well in the 442 but excelled at DM towards the end of the season

Maikel Lange - Backup CM in the 442 but first choice after the change

Pedro Pacheco - First choice CM and then AM but didn't play well in the advanced role so was dropped towards the end of the season

Ali Aarab - Backup when not injured as I tried to give him as much game time as I could

Amil Dilberovic - Signed on loan in Jan and became first choice AM

Rick Elfrink YP1 - First choice ML and again finished at the top of the assist column, really improving and has had clubs snooping since he came through the academy

Dennis Lemke - Signed on a free in Jan from non league and provided us with an actual threat on the right side, chipped in with important goals

ST

Henny Noyen - Didn't continue his red hot form from last season and was very disappointing

Kevin Wiegman - Top goalscorer but also didn't set the world alight

Nick Doodeman - Loaned for the season from PEC Zwolle but should have played a lot better than he did

Five league games into the season and things are going badly, but I may have found a fix for the problem. In the first four matches, we lost three and drew one. In our fifth match, I swapped my tactic for one I used in another save, and we managed to beat the 5th placed team 4-2. It may have been a lucky win, or I may really have found a tactic which changes our luck for the better. We're 4th from bottom, but there's still plenty of time to rise up the table.

Seems like your tactic change really paid off superdad! Definitely in for a chance of promotion!

Meanwhile my board agreed to go professional next season. I just hope it coincides with us going up. Not a good start to the league though, one loss and one win. In the first match Mattsson's replacement missed 4 easy one-on-ones...

The tactic change has definitely changed the clubs fortunes in the league. Seventeen matches in, and we've broken into the top three. I have a problem though. The teams which were promoted last season (Including mine) didn't take part in this years Serbian Cup. The previous season when they were unplayable teams, all of them played in the Cup.

My chairman is an idiot! Our pitch condition is terrible, and other managers have been complaining about it. I asked the board for a pitch relay, and they tell me I need to change the way my players play to cope with it... We have enough money in the bank to relay the pitch as well.

Finally, I've gotten through to the chairman about them relaying the pitch! I said the pitch state greatly increases the risk of injuries, and he replies with "We feel that injuries are a big part of the game and as a manager you should be able to deal with it"! What the Hell kind of attitude is that from a chairman? Oh, it's OK. The people I pay a weekly wage for are at great risk of injury, but I'd rather pay their wages while their injured than relay the pitch! So I told him I can't stress how important this is, and he finally agreed after much consideration.

Archived