Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just approached by the South African FA to be their next manager.

After a nice conversation on the phone I politely declined explaining that international management is not allowed referring to Gundos rules.

I sensed some kind of head shaking and eye rolling from the FA-representatives when we hung up.:D

Bad luck, Gundo. Hope you will try again.Edit: I strongly take back the thing about me saying that Fredrik Hoel is a nice man. He is an arrogant s** of a b**ch.:D
Haha agree with that. Things just never felt right after he took over, I felt under pressure and the longer that losing run went on the worse it got.

Well i've decided to stop lurking on this forum and this is where i shall do it and i decided to start in Croatia!

The team i shall be starting with is...

noXYKnK.png

NK Mosor

Manager: Profile | Info

Club: Finances | History | Staff | Board overview

The quality of the players isn't too bad for the league but i'm really gonna have to cut down a bit for the sake of the finances as we have quite a large squad and despite the media prediction of 11th i'm confident we can survive. :)

Well i've decided to stop lurking on this forum and this is where i shall do it and i decided to start in Croatia!

The team i shall be starting with is...

noXYKnK.png

NK Mosor

Manager: Profile | Info

Club: Finances | History | Staff | Board overview

The quality of the players isn't too bad for the league but i'm really gonna have to cut down a bit for the sake of the finances as we have quite a large squad and despite the media prediction of 11th i'm confident we can survive. :)

Welcome and good luck! Survival is key the first season.

Gutted for you Gundo, best of luck with your next team!

Good luck in Croatia Simbion!

HIFK are I the final of the Finnish Cup, we beat top flight IFK Marienhamm easily 3-0 and will now face SJK in the final, which is very winnable. Unforunately our inconsistency in the league has remained even though we are much better than everyone else. We sit in 3rd, 4 points of the top, but I am confident we can catch up once our team is more gelled as I brought in a new squad basically.

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2018-19 Season Review

The League

After last season the target was to make some inroads into the top of the table. We struggled to begin with, only four points out of our first four games, however there was an encouraging and entertaining 4-4 draw with Ferencvaros which included a hattrick from new signing Dániel Gera, and a last minute equaliser from other new signing Patrick Gerritsen - we fought back from 4-2 down, very encouraging considering our aim to make hay against the big clubs. When this was followed up with disappointing loses to Papá and Gyirmót however it looked like we may have ambitions above our station. We then went on a very very encouraging run of form - 11 games unbeaten, including a 2-0 victory at home to Videoton and a 2-1 victory away to Újpest. Suddenly we were competing with the bigger teams. Újpest and Ferencvaros were off the pace this season - they ended up in 9th and 6th respectively. However Videoton and Debrecen were as strong as ever, and last season's Cup winners Haladás and Gyor were both very strong.

A 2-1 loss to Ferencvaros in early November precipitated a major change - I swapped long serving keeper Daniel Bordás for a young Russian Vyacheslav Tarasov who had played a few cup matches. Admittedly there was a winter break, but we didn't concede another goal until March - 7 competitive games and another 5 friendlies on top of that.

In the second half of the season we went unbeaten in the league except for a loss away to eventual champions Videoton. The last two games of the season saw a heroic backs to the wall 0-0 draw away to Debrecen, where we almost won it in the last minute, and then the ultimate finalé. With Gyor winning 7-1 away to Újpest (!!) they were overtaking us to finish 3rd. We were playing Haladás who would also leapfrog us if they beat us. We went 1-0 down in the first five minutes, but Russian youngster Vladimir Vasiljev equalised midway through the first half. Then we battered them, absolutely. We had about double figures of clear cut chances, but eventually, when it looked like we'd settle for fourth spot and out of the European places, a last minute corner led to a goal mouth scramble and Victor Figueroa scored his first goal of the season in the last minute of the season and secured us 3rd spot.

Final Table

The Cups

Again we had a lot of success in both. We stormed our Ligakupa group. In the Magyar Kupa we were handed an away tie to Haladás in the fourth round - time for revenge. We stormed into a two-nil lead and then they BATTERED us. After half time we were all over the place, but they could only find one goal and we were through in a breathless and dramatic tie. The next two rounds were against lower league opposition and they were easily dispatched. In the Ligakupa we drew Videoton in the first knockout round - very difficult, but we stormed into a 3-0 lead at home to them in the first leg - this was when we hadn't conceded a goal in months, yet we folded and the game finished 3-2 - devestating considering we go to away goals. In the away leg we lost 1-0 and went out on away goals. In the semi final we faced Debrecen, a team we had never beaten. In the home leg we went 1-0 up and went backs to the wall and in the last minute right back Imre Lengyel popped up with a last minute second to put us confidently into the second leg. The second leg was just as dramatic as Debrecen immediately destroyed our lead and rushed into a 2-0 lead. In the second half top scorer Sandor Kovács grabbed a precious away goal, but then it was backs the wall time again - Debrecen grabbed one back, but couldn't quite grab a winner and we went through to the final on away goals.

The final was against Paks, but it wouldn't be a repeat of last year's result. Korean defender Kim Jin-Kyu and signing of the season Dániel Gera wrapped up a 2-0 win and an incredibly successful season.

Cup Matches

The Players

Top Goalscorer - Sándor Kovács 18

Highest Ave Rating - Gábor Kiss 7.27

Most Assists - Dániel Gera 10

Hanák had a miserable season, but Kovács stepped up. Peter Goretich killed the midfield in the first half of the season, broke into the Hungary squad and scored on his second appearance. I actually felt proud. When he told me he wanted to move to a bigger club I was fine with this, and sold him to Southampton for a fee that would eventually rise to around £2m. Gábor Kiss was another youngster who broke through as a rock in defence and Gera was a superb signing - he won goal of the season for one of his hattrick goals against Ferencvaros.

The Future

Time to mount a serious title challenge, or at least consolidate on our European finish.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

2018-19 OTP Bank Liga - 3rd, Magyar Kupa Winners

total spoilers here, but went out in the third qualifying round to grasshoppers in heartbreaking and almost glorious circumstances :(

the money was great though and I'm delightfully in the black now, lots of improvements behind the scenes

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2026/27 - Ukrainian Premier League

League: 14th (Positions)

My updates are the dullest ever. I am doing so mediocre. This year I couldn't get a good run going. If I am lucky I may be in the top half when FM15 comes out.:D

On the serious side, regarding all the events in Ukraine it is a bit special having a save there. Fortunately this is just a game.

Next season I will do my best to finish 13th. I am a bit clueless at the moment.

Best player: Andriy Rusin: As last year. Great servant to the club.

Top scorer: Mate Zulim: They don't score bucketloads, my strikers.

Youth prospect: Olexandr Protsyshyn: I need a good striker to come through.

Economy: Not bad. Sold a couple of players and it looks better.

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 6099 (6512)

Next season: Sigh. Another hair-tearing season I suppose.:)

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 
2023/24   |  Prem    |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Maycon             (15) 
2024/25   |  Prem    |    8[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd | EL-3.rnd  |     Maycon             (17) 
2025/26   |  Prem    |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   ( 7) 
2026/27   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Mate Zulim         ( 7) 

Its good that you have the patience to keep going Taunton. I think I'm much the same slightly enjoying struggling sometimes:p because when things do go abit better, it feels as so you have really achieved something.

Was hoping to try this with my local team in Norway, Orkla. Anyone know if it's even possible to get them after 1 season on holiday? Been trying about 300 reloads now with no luck. Keep getting other teams that are in their division though. At least I think they were in their division in the 2013/14 season irl.

About to give up tbh hehe. Is it ok to go 2 seasons on holiday to see if that helps?*edit* It should definitely be possible to get them though. http://www.fotball.no/System-pages/Tabell/?tournamentId=134407 . That's last seasons table in the real world. Seen several of those teams come up.
. I've actually found that some 3.divisions club reps are not that great in comparison to their real life standing.

Orkla is managed by the legendary Nils Arne Eggen. Because of that they should have higher reputation, even norwegian media mention them from time to time.

Don't you agree, Ohanzee?

If not I hope you get another interesting team. What about Verdal?

Orkla is managed by the legendary Nils Arne Eggen. Because of that they should have higher reputation, even norwegian media mention them from time to time.Don't you agree, Ohanzee? If not I hope you get another interesting team. What about Verdal?
I don't think Verdal stand any chance of promotion with a rep that small either.

Orkla is managed by the legendary Nils Arne Eggen. Because of that they should have higher reputation, even norwegian media mention them from time to time.

Oh I know Eggen is the manager atm. I've played with a few of their current players to (been a few years though and it was just for fun on the local grounds). Rosenborg, who had their glory days under Eggen (even reaching the quarter final in the champions league), is also my favorite team since I was a little boy. I was there watching them play 1-1 against Juventus in that quarter final. I'm not sure Orkla should have a higher reputation though. They only promoted to the 3rd division before last season. Much thanks to Eggen no doubt. But just having a legend of a manager doesn't make the club automatically grow that much in reputation. Maybe a little, but Orkla is still located in Orkdal (where I'm from), a fairly small place when all is said and done. It's not that attractive.

I do find it a bit odd that KIL/Hemne, Orklas fierce rival have such a high reputation though. They produced a few good Norwegian players through the years, but at least in my mind their reputation should not be higher than Orklas. And NTNUI (which is a student team for the University in Trondheim) being up there is also really weird to me. And Buvik having twice their reputation is just shambles tbh. But it is what it is.

Considering having a go with Kolstad, another Trondheim club. I've no idea how they keep getting promoted though. They are a much smaller club than Orkla. For some reason Kolstad have Nils Arne Eggen listed as a legend as well. I had no idea he was ever in any way connected with them (except his grand son playing for their handball club). Starting to think the Norwegian researcher must have smoked something strong. :lol:

Oh I know Eggen is the manager atm. I've played with a few of their current players to (been a few years though and it was just for fun on the local grounds). Rosenborg, who had their glory days under Eggen (even reaching the quarter final in the champions league), is also my favorite team since I was a little boy. I was there watching them play 1-1 against Juventus in that quarter final. I'm not sure Orkla should have a higher reputation though. They only promoted to the 3rd division before last season. Much thanks to Eggen no doubt. But just having a legend of a manager doesn't make the club automatically grow that much in reputation. Maybe a little, but Orkla is still located in Orkdal (where I'm from), a fairly small place when all is said and done. It's not that attractive.

I do find it a bit odd that KIL/Hemne, Orklas fierce rival have such a high reputation though. They produced a few good Norwegian players through the years, but at least in my mind their reputation should not be higher than Orklas. And NTNUI (which is a student team for the University in Trondheim) being up there is also really weird to me. And Buvik having twice their reputation is just shambles tbh. But it is what it is.

Considering having a go with Kolstad, another Trondheim club. I've no idea how they keep getting promoted though. They are a much smaller club than Orkla. For some reason Kolstad have Nils Arne Eggen listed as a legend as well. I had no idea he was ever in any way connected with them (except his grand son playing for their handball club). Starting to think the Norwegian researcher must have smoked something strong. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed you were from Orkdal. It's a shame that the team doesn't come through. Last year I got a team from my town (Larvik Turn) promoted. I didn't have any success with them though, but it is nice to play with a team from your area and a team you have a relation to.

The year before that I had success with Tollnes (Skien), also a team I knew fairly well. Maybe you have to try 300 more reloads.:D

129129.png

HIFK - 2017 Ykkönen

Ykkönen

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation: Win the Title

My Target: Win the Title

League Table: 1st ǁ Position Graph

This time there were no excuses, we were professional, had by far the best squad and just had to win the league. After a shaky start we hit top form and never looked back. We set the points and goals record for the league and dominated all awards.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

What a campaign. We were excellent throughout and the highlight has to be the Quarter Final win against arch rivals and giants HJK.

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

Completely rebuilt the squad again, bringing in lots of foreigners. Loaned out a lot of my back-up players.

Key Players

Kastriot Kastrati: Thankfully he carried on his form this season and was a lot deadlier than last, finishing as the league's top scorer.

Robin Lod: Was excellent this season, we were a different team with him on. Unfortunately got injured a lot.

Ville Ansamaa: When Lod was injured he stepped in and did well. Still young and can improve.

Heikki Lindholm: Perfect strike partner to Kastrati, also chipped in with lots of goals.

Other News

Finances – Lost a lot of money, hopefully a couple of games in the Europa League will minimize our losses next season.

Next Season Targets

1. Consolidation in the Veikkausliiga

2. Another strong run in the cup

3. Have fun in the Europa League

With the squad we have we should comfortably survive and I will be happy with that.

Career Overview

Season       League          Pos        Suomen Cup            Europe           Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014         Ykkönen         6th        Seventh Round         N/A              N/A
2015         Ykkönen         3rd        Fourth Round          N/A              N/A
2016         Ykkönen         4th        Fourth Round          N/A              N/A
2017         Ykkönen         1st        Winners               N/A              Promotion and Europa League Qualification

I hate this game sometimes!:(

Two relegations and a sacking to date!

NotoddenvStaal_OverviewLeagueTable_zpsf7be61cf.png

The above is a new save I had started with Staal Jørpeland. I was cautious about posting anything here until I'd survived the first season in case it jinxed me, but then it went wrong yet again. Relagated in my final match.

Oh well back to the drawing board...:o

d6cjtFT.png

FK Zemun - Serbian First League - Season review 2014/15

League: 8th (Positions) - Fixtures - Squad - Transfers

Inconsistent is the perfect way to sum up the season, not too bad considering it was the first season in charge. Playing good football most of the time just need to improve our defense.

Key players:

Lekanic - Our most consistent player over the course of the campaign, provided the most assists and was solid defensively.

Grumic - Too inconsistent but less inconsistent than others and is a real threat on his day.

Salatic - Was solid at the back and got voted Fans Player Of The Year

Finances: Its Okay. I've seen worse, gently decreasing as I increase the youth setup though.

Youth intake: Not Amazing. Only three players worth mentioning.

Cvetkovic - Gone straight into first team squad will get some game time.

Terzic - Looks decent might gradually move him up to first team hopefully he develops.

Vukcevic- Hardworking boy, will get some games next season.

Next season: If we could be slightly more consistent I will be very happy, aiming for top half.

Season          League            Position       Serbian Cup      Achievements       Europe     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15     Prva liga Srbije        8th              N/A               -              N/A                        

Struggling to get into this years game but thought i would have one last effort to keep my interest by having a go at this.

Decided to start in N Ireland with Killyleagh - profile

Gundo - You must be a sucker for punishment, not sure why you persist in Norway

BK_Olympic.png

As the part of my usual Nordic forays, I'll be starting in the frozen hell of the Swedish 4th tier. When I tried FM14 out it seemed to be a bit more difficult than earlier - let's see for the second time. The team is BK Olympic from Malmö.

That's me.

I have a squad of 14, so it's not worth showing yet. But I found a familiar face - this guy was a key player for my Tenhult team in a FM09 (?) save. Patrik Burda.

The board wants a safe mid-table finish, they gotta be kiddingme. Though the team doesn't look that hopeless.The few players in the squad are OK for this level.

Sorry to hear that superdad, maybe it's not the right country for you? No other places in Europe that take your fancy?

Bulgaria, Norway, and Serbia look tempting. Not sure which would be more fun though. I am also slightly tempted to go low and attempt the challenge with a Welsh team.

First, hi to everyone. I lurk this topic every once in a while, been doing that for 12 and 13 topics also.

I would like to ask you how much money did you have in your balance before becoming professional?

Good luck this time round Gundo... still sticking with Norwegian only?
I am sebs :) Shouldn't make it immediately more difficult but in the long run will make things more difficult.

Got a question for you all. What kind of prize money do you get in the top divisions of Austria and Croatia? There's a team in each country which I'm mulling over playing, but I don't want to go bust before I get a chance to develop either team.

Are some of the unplayable leagues set to promote a specific team? I'm reloading in Austria, but the only team which keeps getting promoted is Wiener SK. I don't want to play as that team. I've even tried holidaying from a few days before reset day, but I still get Wiener SK...

I think because in Austria there is a promotion playoff which is played a bit earlier, might be worth checking in the Austrian second tire if there is such a fixture

You sir, are a genius! I ended up holidaying from May 20th (Not sure if that's the latest you can do it from), to June 2nd when it shows the teams in the playoffs. Each time, it drew different teams. I did this until the team I wanted came up, and now I'll holiday to each of the playoff match dates and keep reloading until they win promotion.

:thup:

I remember doing the same when I thought about going to Austria! Which team in particular are you thinking?

No idea why, but I decided to play as FC Dornbirn 1913. My long term aim for the save is to have them churning out enough good youth players that I can promote at least two to the first team every year. I guess I'm trying to make them the Ajax of Austria (Which has a ring to it :p).

Archived