Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

Lets get this started!!!!! This is my first ever event like this so forgive me if its not done right, tips are appreciated.

Finland: MP.

Manager Profile

And looks like I might have 1 decent player: Miikka Sormunen

The board is awesome giving me a whole almost $3000 p/week to work with, definitely not the big spenders im used to in England divisions.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have eight. All of them may not be world beaters, but they are doing a great job for me, and you get kind of attached to them and want them to do well.

Andriy Rusin, Dmytro Batalskyi, Eugene Stephanchuk and Volodymyr Sokol are regulars.

I expect Olexandr Danylchuk to break into the team soon, and Olexandr Onopko, Vyacheslav Figel and Vadym Kononeko are back up players.

None off them will probably enter Ukrainian folklore, but all of them do a great job for my club.

Some nice first team regulars. This is what I want to have eventually, a real good blend of home-grown youngsters playing in the first team each week.

I'm into the Finnish Cup semifinal, yet the board expect us to be more competitive in the Finnish Cup... I'm guessing they'll only be happy if we win the thing.

Edit: Oh, and this is wonderful. I now have two left wingers out with injuries. One is out for 5-6 months, while the other is out for 3-4 months. Thankfully I have an OK third choice left winger, and I'll be keeping everything crossed that he doesn't get himself injured as well.

Haven't been on here lately, so a big congrats to Dexter for winning the CL with Lillehammer. and as a Norwegian I have to say it os hilarious to see two Norwegian teams in a CL-final. That will never happen in my lifetime:D.

Really happy for you, Dexter, and now Lillehammer have something else than the olympics in 94 to shout about!:lol:

Cheers Taunton :) It was certainly a shock to see Molde do so well, they've done well again so far in Europe, getting past Stuttgart 4-0 on agg to make the group stage and have 6 points out of 6, it just confuses me why they struggle in the league.

A slight improvement on your season, it looks like the 10 goals missed by your previous top scorer could have cost you a few extra places this year, hope you get that sorted for next season :)

corinthiano Shame it doesn't seem like you'll go up, but hopefully going pro will help you for next year :)

Villescrubs Good luck in Finland, seems popular at the minute :)

johnnyquest409, smp20 Thanks :)

superdad, good luck in your semi :)

Thanks dexter, just lost finish cup in semi-final to KuPs but enjoying the save immensely. Its the first save I have managed to avoid using an editor or cheating in someway, even using my own tactics, only 6th in the league out of 10 but still its a blast!

Edit:

Approaching the final games now in my battle to avoid relegation, and got a fantastic new youth!!! It looks like he has the ability to be one of my top players if everything goes well, and lets hope it does. will post screenies of him and end of season as soon as its done.

After a very tough season I have managed to avoid being relegated!!! while note an amazing feat by itself. I hope in the next couple years I could even secure a promotion.

Final League Table:

My Star Player:

Touminen

Best Future Prospect:

=20837292&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0"]Fredrik

His last name is too hard to figure out for me lol.

I am hoping Fredrik can become a leading player and plan on intergrating him into first team over the coming season, starting off slow of course

And just for fun: Club is 212k in the red, despite me being over $700/week under budget... silly club.

Award Time:

Touminen wins most PoM's with 6, and top goalscorer of the season with 19.

MP Take home 2 of the top 3 goals of the season, 2nd and 3rd, neither scored by touminen :p

And finally we have Nuijal picking up First Division Rookie of the Year, and dedicating it to me, which is also the first time ive ever had that happen in FM and I am thoroughly pleased.

Overall a great first season and hoping I can keep it up and improve, next season I would like to be in the top 5.

Good first season Villescrubs. Good luck for next season.

Edit: I could sign Mikael Forssell, but he wants over £1.5K a week and has the pace of a snail. Would be cool to sign him though, just for the sake of having a Finnish international player in my team. :p

superdad, I signed him for £140 a week. Very slow, but pitches in with some goals and assists as a Supporting Target Man. And definitely very cool to have around the squad :cool:

I've got younger faster strikers who are much better up front than he would be, so no point me signing him really. Plus, I'm only just under my wage budget as it is. Even £140 would put me over it. Still, it would be cool to have him in my squad even as a sub.

Edit: Some good news for Finland's Europa League chances for the next season

Best of luck! Who are you playing?

KuPS. It'll be a tough match, but my team is really motivated right now.

What attributes does everyone look for in Head Of Youth Development?

I usually look for Det, JPP, WWY.

Any others to add to that? :confused:

JPP, Determination, Motivating, Level of Discipline, Man Management, Working With Youngsters. I also look for a personality such as Professional or Determined. Not sure if personality helps at all, but I like to have determined and professional staff.

Anyone able to help me with financial aspect, recored a negative balance of 130k last season, now my predicted is negative 11k this month, they want me to sell players but the highest value is only 5k, I have the backups listed to sell for half value but cant figure out how to get more income.

Guess that works the board just injected 275k into my balance.

Small Edit:

FC inter given 300k sponsorships, 875k total finish first division, by contrast Mp receive only 30k.... FML

Alright finished in the semi final round of the finish cup, getting better, next year we go all the way.

However we did it!!

This Game won us the first division title, first step completed now to stay up in the premier.

Best New youth intake player:

Argent Kodra: Stats and Scout Report

He has shoots with power PPM, and professional personality.

Already have a couple great strikrs but I plan on integrating him at half time for nuija ( my other finland under 19s player), and holy crap Liverpool and ajax both have interest in him o.O I am not letting him go if I can help it.

So much for keeping him was 28k in the red, sold him for 1.5 mil to dortmoth and 40% of next sale

129129.png

HIFK - 2016 Ykkönen

Ykkönen

Media Prediction: 2nd

Board Expectation: Win the Title

My Target: Win the Title

League Table: 4th ǁ Position Graph

We started a lot better this time round and were up there at the start of the season. We did miss Mattson's goals however and were really inconsistent towards the middle of the season. We picked up our form too late, a 4-0 trashing of Haka in the last game really annoyed me as it showed we really should have done a lot better.

Suomen Cup

Fixtures

Awful. Enough said.

HIFK

Transfers ǁ Squad - Defence ǁ Squad - Attack

I said I wouldn't sign too many players but after the sale of Mattsson it all changed. I got whatever I could, as even though we had a £13k wage budget and a £925k transfer budget I could offer a maximum of £200 a week as we were still part time.

Key Players

Kastriot Kastrati: Mattsson's replacement was really frustrating in the beginning, missing so many sitters and performing well below par. He picked up his form towards the end of the season and managed to finish as second top goalscorer. I hope he keeps this form up in the next season.

Robin Lod: Good playmaker, got the oat assists in the league.

Antti Husu: Great prospect, already playing in the Finnish U21 side.

Albert Kuqi: Stole Forsell's place in the first team at the end of the season, decent support striker.

Other News

Finances – Awesome, have to make sure I take advantage of it fast as we will be making losses from now on.

Next Season Targets

1. Promotion

2. Promotion

3. Promotion

We are the only professional side in the division, are by far the richest team, are predicted to win and the board will probably sack me if we don't. So I have no option other than win the league and get promoted.

Career Overview

Season       League          Pos        Suomen Cup            Europe           Other Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014         Ykkönen         6th        Seventh Round         N/A              N/A
2015         Ykkönen         3rd        Fourth Round          N/A              N/A
2016         Ykkönen         4th        Fourth Round          N/A              N/A

With the selling of Kodra, I now have a budget of 10k p/week im still kicking myself for selling him so cheaply.

I reloaded to see how much I could have gotten, ended up with 8.75m and 150k/24 months arsenal, but of course, that's not what I sold for so I didn't keep the save. Kicking myself so much now though lol.

Made it to the finish cup final, beat honka on the way only to draw HJK, who thoroughly creamed me, 8-2, my defense just fell like a sandcastle to water.

On the bright side I made the finals, next season im going all the way and winning this.

No twitter for me unfortunately Gundo, facebook is work enough already!

Just beat our arch rivals and Finnish giants HJK in the Quarter Finals of the Suomen Cup. It was a thrilling game with us coming back from one goal behind twice before opening up a 4-2 lead. They managed to get one back to make the final minutes of the game tense, but we held on and are through to the Semis!

brodd_zps31dea743.jpg

IL Brodd Stavanger Fotball 2014 Review

Table

Top scorer & best player - Mads Århus

Managers Thoughts

Not much too report just yet...

One final attempt with Brodd then and likely my last save on FM14. I seem to take an absolute age to play seasons atm, even the relatively small campaigns in Norway haven't improved my speed.

Highlight of the season, beating already crowned champions Kongsvinger 3-0 away in our final league game.

I plan to sign only Norwegian players all the way.:eek:

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Second Division (2)     5th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (15) Mads Århus

Good solid first season Gundo. Fingers crossed you can make a push for promotion next season.

I still need to type my season report. I haven't even played the game for a couple of days, so haven't taken any screenshots yet. I will get round to it tonight or tomorrow, and then I'll get my Europa League campaign (Which will ultimately be a short one) underway.

How do you get that code thing gundo?

As for my save, regen day is here, and looks like I might have a promising WB, I hope so at least, im a little lackluster in that department screenies will be posted on Monday (my day off), when I can get back into this, current date is October 3rd, sitting in 7th in finish premier.

Cheers superdad. Yeah that's the aim. Happy with the amount of goals I've scored and the attacking setup in the team, think I just need to set up the defence a little better, sure if I can add two or three signings it'll make the difference.

Villescrubs, I'm not too good with code. I think though if you copy my layout and then use the code button at the top to post it. Just adjust then to what ever you need it to say, it still confuses me at times.

IJsselmeervogels.png

Season Summary 2020/21

League-Position Graph-Finances-Fixtures-Transfers-Squad

We certainly took a few games to get going but once we were in our stride there was nothing in our way that could stop us. The Euro Cup didn't go well and we got knocked out on goal difference again in the league stages. The final game would see the winner grab second spot in the league stages but we ended up losing 3-1. Another good run in the Dutch Cup saw us face Roda JC in the final. Once we took the lead there only looked to be one winner and for the second season on the trot we won the Cup after knocking out PSV in the early round 5-3.

At the half way point we sat mid table in the league struggling to find our form. Once the Europa League was over we started to string together some wins and go on a 25 game unbeaten run. This run resulted in IJsselmeervogels winning the league with 3 games still left in the season :):):) and meant we would be playing in the Champions League group stages guaranteed the next season. I didn't expect us to even qualify for the Champions League playoffs half way through the season so to lift the League title was great to say the least.

Thiago Casasola - Signed a new Centreback to partner Fernandez and he certainly didn't disappoint.

Kokoszka - One of 3 key loan signings. Average 7.28 in 27 games and will be coming back to play in the Champions league next season.

Boyaro - Can play anywhere along the back so was a key player for us during the season managing to average 7.35 in 38 appearances. PSG wanted ~575k a month for us to keep this guy next season so unfortunately he won't be coming back.

Barac - Helped himself to 23 goals during the season in 35 league games. Will be coming back to shoot us to Champions League glory next season.

Season    League            Position       Achievements
2014/15   Jupiler League      16th
2015/16   Jupiler League      1st           Promotion
2016/17   Eredivisie          12th
2017/18   Eredivisie          8th
2018/19   Eredivisie          5th           Europa League Qualification
2019/20   Eredivisie          2nd          Champions League Qualification/Dutch Cup winners
2020/21   Eredivisie          1st          Champions League Qualification/Dutch Cup winners
2021/22   Eredivisie          
2022/23   Eredivisie          

Good luck Gundo hope you have a good save this time.

In other IJsselmeervogels news we have a new stadium being built. I have reported the loan in the bugs section again as my loan is 19.75million and the interest I will pay is 68million! Didn't know Wonga was involved in supplying stadium loans for football clubs.

NewStadium_zpse7626920.png

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2017-18 Season Review

The League

This season was an unmitigated success. At some points it looked like we could break into the top 4, but we werent quite up to speed with the big four.

Final Table

The Cups

Incredibly successful in both, but a heartbreaking loss in the cup final put a dampener on the season. We'd started dreaming about European football a little too early

Cup Matches

The Players

Top Goalscorer - Attila Hanák 20

Highest Ave Rating - Attila Hanák 7.13

Most Assists - Zvjezdan Misimovic 13

Hanák got devestating, especially in the first half of the season - he was injured for part of the second half of the season. Misimovic was in and out the side, but playing as an Enganche in cup matches, plus his delivery from set pieces, saw him really make a difference.

The Future

We have lots of promising youngsters ready to explode. I need to start getting results against the big sides and so I've developed a 4-5-1 in addition to the usual 3-5-2 variants to counter their three man defences - we've brought in a few wingers. My targets for next season is to beat one of Debrecen, Videoton, Ferencvaros and Újpest and try and break into that top four. A cup win would be really really nice too.

History

2014-15 NB II - 3rd

2015-16 NB II - 1st

2016-17 OTP Bank Liga - 9th

2017-18 OTP Bank Liga - 5th, Magyar Kupa Finalists

Cheers for the good luck chaps.

Gundo Good 1st season, going to be tough only signing Norwegian players though :D
Safe to say I won't be completing it again year! I do enjoy making it more difficult than it already is :D

Archived