Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™

130px-Veszpr%C3%A9m_FC.png

Veszprém FC 2014-15 Season Review

The League

Having started the season believing we were going to finish in the bottom 3 and be relegated, we began in exactly that way - a first day defeat against already touted relegation rivals Kazármisleny. The next league game we lost however was in November as we went 10 games without defeat - 5 wins and 5 draws. This propelled us to the upper echelons of the table, but we couldn't really compete with the consistency of MTK Budapest and Siófok, although our wins increased in the second half of the season. This all bodes well for next year, although I somewhat suspect we're going to have to guard heavily against second season syndrome. Our defence was the best in the league.

Final Table

The Cups

Not even worth talking about. The League cup was horrendous, with two draws and four defeats in the group stages to see us finish rock bottom. The Hungarian Cup was a little better - we made the third round before a complete dumping at the hands of Újpest. All this shows I've got a long way to go before I can compete with the best in Hungary.

Cup Matches

The Players

Top Goalscorer - Junior Joaz Lopez Da Silva 11

Highest Ave Rating - Junior Joaz Lopez Da Silva 7.03

Most Assists - Junior Joaz Lopez Da Silva 11

The Brazilian forward dominated the frontline, but with a couple of youngsters knocking on the door I'm tempted to switch to them next season. Certainly Attila Hanák has made an impression, scoring 7 goals in only 7 starts this season (with a number of sub appearances as well)

The Future

The board are upgarding the youth facilities. I'm well within all my budgets. We made a lovely profit last season. I'm happy to let things tick over at the moment. My aim for next season is be very competitive in the division and maybe make an impact in a cup competition beyond the obvious stages. I have a lot of good young players joining the club and this season may be about embedding them into the team and seeing us develop into a promotion winning side.

History

2014-15 Hungarian Division II - 3rd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taunton - shame on the step back in the Premier League, hopefully you get back on track next season, you definitely need to improve up front!

Jambo98 - well done on promotion! Good luck finding good foreign players, I reckon they could make the difference.

dudge7 - well done on surviving!

Andrew Haines - congrats on the double! I was going to ask you when you turned professional but I see you had to win the title and get some cash in to do that, would love to turn professional as soon as possible but it looks like it will take ages. It will make all the difference for you now, should make it easier to attract players from abroad.

Dexter_Morgan - solid first season in Adeccoligaen, well done! And what an excellent cup run!

Kaiserwatman - another great season, shame about the loss against Atlético, but it was always going to be tough.

lfc7 - best of luck in Ukraine!

sebs - excellent first season!

Lots going on again between my playing (hopefully i can get back to playing regularly now X-Mas and New Year is over).

Unlucky taking a step or so back Taunton, least you are back in the black.

Nice work on the promotion Jambo98, good luck next season.

Nice work on the survival dudge7.

Very well done on the double Andrew Haines, leapt above the top 3 well done. Unlucky with the Rosenborg loss, was going pretty well until then.

Excellent season making it to the cup final Dexter, great stuff avoiding a relegation battl really too.

Real shame to see you getting no decent youth prospects through Kaiserwatman, you continue to improve the side though and what a great Europa league run that was.

Good luck lfc7.

Nice first season sebs, so very close to promotion. Good luck for your next season.

th_AK_zps7d272231.jpg

Taunton - Arsenal Kyivschyna - Season review - 2022/23 - Ukrainian Premier League

League: 14th (Positions)

Another uneventful season. I was never in danger of relegation, despite the low finish. But we had another second half season slump were we can't buy a win. We dominate games, but can't finish them off. We must keep on fighting to get a string of results together, I will not give up.

Best player: Djibril Diabate: New defender who made his mark immediately.

Top scorer: Schumacher: To get some good players I had to dip into the Brazilian loan market. Unfortunately I could just keep him for half the season.

Youth prospect: Pavlo Panchuk: An average intake this year.

Economy: And we are back in the red:)

Key: This season (Last season)

Av. attendance: 6663 (6775)

Next season: Avoid the midway season slump.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup  |  Europe   |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15   | 1. div   |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (10) 
2015/16   | 1. div   |   12[size=1]th[/size]    | 1.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (19) 
2016/17   | 1. div   |    5[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Denys Katryuk      (18) 
2017/18   | 1. div   |    7[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Yaroslav Serdyuk   (10) 
2018/19   | 1. div   |    1[size=1]st[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado (12) 
2019/20   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Volodymyr Sokol    ( 8) 
2020/21   |  Prem    |    9[size=1]th[/size]    | Q-fnl |   N/A     |     Dmytro Batalskyi   (13) 
2021/22   |  Prem    |   13[size=1]th[/size]    | 3.rnd |   N/A     |     Guillermo Alvarado ( 5) 
2022/23   |  Prem    |   14[size=1]th[/size]    | 2.rnd |   N/A     |     Schumacher         ( 5) 

Just wanted to clear a few things up - Can you buy players from the transfer list ? Can i sign players recommended by my staff in backroom advice ? Just want to make sure am doing it right thanks

If you can scout them or offer them a trail first then yes. If you can't do either of those then you can't i'm afraid. It's just to keep things as realistic as possible, teams won't sign players in real life without them being scouted or having a trail first in most cases so it's just to keep along with those lines really.

I think there is an exception if an agent offers you a player but that would need to be cleared up by someone else as I don't even do that personally if I can't scout them as it's too much of a risk to take.

Taunton Do you have any idea what keeps causing the mid season slumps? Looking at your top scorers list for the past 2 seasons that is obviously something that needs looking at.
Unlucky there it seems Taunton, stepped back a little again. Come on we need a big season from you now...

I think it is a combination of me having not enough squad depth, and overachieving regarding to the pre-season predictions causes teams to take me more seriously and because of that makes them harder to break down. Last season I played a lot of drawn matches in the second half of the season, lots of them teams equalising just before the end. I am very tempted to blame the ME:D, but will try to develop a solid tactic that makes me able to hold on to the leads.

Our reputation is not high, and the board only expect to stay up each season. There is also a lot of teams with strange formations in the Ukraine that I haven't got my head round to figure out how to counter yet.

Still, I enjoy the save, though it is really frustrating at times.

FFL.png

Lillehammer FK 2017

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3

Table

Managers Thoughts

It was a case of so near yet so far as we collapsed in the final weeks of the season to blow our promotion chances. In the main though it was a fantastic effort by the players, Palurud in particular over the season as we kept touch at the top for most of the season whilst juggling another superb cup run. Hodd deserved their title to be fair but we deserved 2nd place I thought.

Hopefully I will find it easier to improve on the squad in pre season after this campaign and I have managed to keep all but one of our key players on for a further 2 seasons.

The cup runs over the previous 2 seasons have given us really good finances and we have finally managed an improvement to both the training and the youth facilities

We had a good youth intake this year with these all potentially good Tippeligaen players and for that reason they have all gone in to the 2nd team rather than the youth side.

Johansen

Lovas

Nornes

Andersen

The obvious aim now is to try and get promoted, we have proved over the past 2 seasons that we are more than good enough for this level and the cup runs suggest with a bit of improvement we can compete in the Tippeligaen.

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Second Division (2)     6th      1st rd.           Top Half Finish       N/A      
2015   Second Division (2)     1st      1st rd.           Champions/Promoted    N/A
2016   Adeccoligaen            7th      Finalists         Top half Finish       N/A
2017   Adeccoligaen            3rd      Finalists         Top 3 Finish          N/A

Great season Dexter, expecially since you didnt strenghen all that much! Could of done without getting such a big club as Brann in the final.:thup:

What happened to Rocky? I see he weighed in with a few goals.

Cheers Brettney, it was just those last few games that killed us. I knew October was going to be a tough month but we dropped points in a few games we shouldn't have. To be honest the way way this pre season has gone in terms of getting players again it looks like a good thing we didn't go up. Really wish we won the cup now, that may have helped boost our rep that little more to make it easier. As it stands i'm not signing players for the sake of it, they need to be able to hold their own in this division at the very least and if I have to start the season with no signings then i'll take it and just improve when I can.

As for the playoffs teams from 3rd to 6th qualify, if you win 2 rounds you play the team who finished 14th in the top flight. The top flight team get a big advantage as the Adeccoligaen sides play 3 days before the final round whilst they get 2-3 weeks off. That is probably what cost us in all honesty as we had 120 minutes 3 days before the 1st Brann game and we were shattered :( If we had have had a week i'm sure we'd have got something from the home leg at least :(

Thanks Gundo Rocky had 5 months out towards the end of the season, he was a really big loss considering his form ever since he signed :( Thankfully I managed to get him signed on for another year and he is back now and fit :)

Taunton - shame on another dull season in the Ukraine, hope you manage to step up in the next season!

Dexter Morgan - Great season again in Norway, the playoffs look to be tough having to beat two sides before playing a Tippeligaen side!

In my HIFK save I made a major rookie mistake, I let my first team players play in the cup for our second team to get some games in the earlier rounds, but it meant they were all cup tied. This led me to lose with the first team in the first round we entered...d'oh!

If you can scout them or offer them a trail first then yes. If you can't do either of those then you can't i'm afraid. It's just to keep things as realistic as possible, teams won't sign players in real life without them being scouted or having a trail first in most cases so it's just to keep along with those lines really.

I think there is an exception if an agent offers you a player but that would need to be cleared up by someone else as I don't even do that personally if I can't scout them as it's too much of a risk to take.

Thanks so basically if i can scout them i can sign them wheter there on the transfer list, offered by backroom staff etc.

Great season Dexter

Unlucky Taunton

Right Lads i started my save and don't know wheter it was the national rep, but i had players in the U21's to sell for 200k who weren't going to get near my first team so thought it was too much of an advantage so started again.

This time got a team formed in 2010 who have a regional rep, crap yth facilities etc but with a 10,000 seater stadium and my highest valued player is worth 170k so seems more suited to the challenge.

6aa95cc791206e73079b12434f8b233a.png

So again meet Vlad Marmurchuk

Vlad Marmurchuk

A Unheard of Manager from Cherkasy

The club is based in the city of Cherkasy and was formed in June 2010 and turned professional in 2011.

Club Profile

64a7b1fbb306fd28254371d31e8e2341.png

Here we go again :)

Quite a few updates to this since I was last on.

Sebs Very impressive opening season

Taunton Hopefully things will turn for the better next season

Dexter Great Season again in the Adeccoligaen

lfc7 Good luck in Ukraine

Just reached the winter break in Poland and its essentially a rerun of the 2026/27 season. Pryka top scorer, holding off Legia Warszawa at the top of the Ekstraklasa, a valiant attempt in the champions league ends with same result as previous years. Manchester City await in the Europa League so not holding much hope of a run in this competition with Lazio probably next in line . One plus point for the League though is Legia have also reached this point. Seville though will probably be too strong there.

Challenge Complete

The League: 1st (near total domintation)

Hungarian Cup: Winner

League Cup: Runner-up (lost 1-3 to Videoton)

Hungarian Super Cup: beat Gyirmót 4-2

Champions Cup

The qualifiers were pretty straight forward and qualifying from the group stage was also reasonably secure with four wins over Sparta Prague and Ajax.

Man Utd proved a bit tougher, although we were leading twice in the home leg and they scored a couple in Fergie time to win. Sooooo realistic.

The knockout stages were surprisingly easy. I thought our tournament was over when we had to face Man Utd again in the semifinal, but a convincing 4-1 home leg effectively sealed progression to the final.

The final was a fairly even game against a Valencia team that had knocked out Real Madrid and AC Milan on the way to the final. The scoreline was 3-0 which really just showed better finishing from us as the chances were almost equal.

The Players

Hugo Medrano was the clubs’ best player for the fourth year running in his fourth season on loan from PSG. He again controlled everything in a trequartista role. He was injured before the League Cup final and at first I put our loss down to missing his influence, but he was still injured for the Champions Cup final and we did ok in that.

I’m hoping to sign him permanently, but PSG are actually paying him Ł39k per week, so this might be a stumbling block.

Patrick Reinders, on loan from Schalke, and Damien Fry, on loan from Chelsea, were joint top scorers with 32 goals.

Reinders was our main striker, set up as an advanced forward and also contributed 21 assists, while Fry was alternated between left wing and a poacher role, often coming on as a super sub.

Impressive performances from both of them.

Our two home grown players, Gergő Németh and Tibor Pintér, were both first team players and made valuable contributions.

Extra Time

So, we finally got there, with victory mostly based on assistance from some of Europe’s top youth players on loan from some pretty big clubs. As well as the three mentioned, Rifat Altay is on loan from Barcelona, while Claudio Del Genio and Giovanni Guidone are both on loan from Man City.

We only lost four games all season from sixty-nine competitive games. Once in the league to Gyirmót, the League Cup final to Videoton and twice in the Champions Cup to Man Utd.

My in game manager is now 68yrs old. After a 30yr career at Monor, has the following trophy cabinet:

2x Hungarian Division II titles

3x Hungarian Division I titles

3x Hungarian Cups

2x Hungarian League Cups

3x Hungarian Super Cups

1x European Champions Cup!!!!!

I guess now, it’s time for perhaps one World Club Cup, then retirement. If we can’t keep the loan signings, then it is rebuild time for the team anyway. It’s been an eventful 30 seasons.

Ouch, PSG want 50% of Hugo Medrano's Ł39k per week wage plus Ł120k per month to renew the loan for another season.

That's Ł205k per month or around Ł2.5m per season. He's still worth it though.

brodd_zps9fd2d9e9.png

IL Brodd Fotball 2014 Review

Facilities

Transfers

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Table

Managers Thoughts

Another FM, another challenge attempt and I'm back in Norway:eek:. Decided on IL Brodd, a small club from Stavanger. I have previously managed them a few versions back but didn't actually win any major trophies with them, so some unfinished business for sure!

Uninspiring first season in charge, I don't plan to go into any detail regarding my early couple of seasons with regards to my players, but I certainly will do after that.

I plan to sign only Norwegian players and I've also turned off agent offers.:D

Season    League            Position  Norwegian Cup         Achievements       Europe     Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014   Second Division (3)     10th      1st rd.           -                  N/A       (8) Moreton Hillestad 

Borrowed your layout Dexter, hope you don't mind.:o

Thanks guys. Managed to keep all the loanees except Altay, who was the least needed anyway. The board will now allow me to offer Ł46.5k per week as wages and almost anyone I try and sign is willing to come. Apart from one player who said he had a strong dislike for our club. He signed for Videoton instead. Set man marking from my psycho defender, tackling hard. Bring it on........

Good luck in Norway again Gundo. Very noble to try and do it all with domestic players.

FAC-Team-fur-Wien.png

Season update 2017/2018

League at Winter Break

League Final Standings

Well that was a frankly brilliant season, as we kept pace with the leaders all the way through and but for a small blip at the end could have ended up walking away with FAC's first Bundesliga title since the Kaisers. Perhaps more gutting than not winning the title, however, was that Austria gained another Champions League spot thanks to Austria Wien's performances in the Europa League, and we missed out on this great chance by the solitary place. Still, we ended up being the overachievers and best team of the season, and a 3rd place finish certainly wasn't in my expectation. Amongst the awards we gained, were 3 places for FAC players in the Team of the Year. Friesenbichler and Goncalves finally getting their reward for a few seasons of progress with FAC.

Season Summary

In the cup, it was another tale of so close but so far, as thanks to some lucky draws, we made it to the Semi Final. We beat Kalsdorf 3-0, Amstetten 3-1, Parndorf 3-1, Altach 4-2 (the only team above the Regionalliga we had played) before losing 2-1 to Rapid Wien in front of the cameras. We looked to have won it through free transfer Bozinovski after 81 minutes, but Rapid came back to score twice late on and deny us a place in the final. 17 goals for Bozinovski over the season from the wing meant that his goal in the semi final was not entirely a surprise.

Transfers: The only major one out was Sebastian Wimmer, for €325k to Sturm Graz. A tidy fee which helped stabilise our finances somewhat, but bigger sales will be needed to get us into the black.

Tactic: Pretty much the same again, with Bozinovski, nominally a striker, playing brilliantly on the wing, ably supported by Goncalves on the other wing.

Best player: Brian Behrendt. The 26 year old centre half, in his first year for the club after joining on a free, made a lot of difference at the back as we looked much more solid this year, despite a lot more conceded. What his presence meant was that we could afford to be a bit more attacking, and despite the high amount of goals conceded, we also scored a lot more than last year. He'll need to replicate this form next year as finances mean we might need to play a few more youngsters.

Top scorer: Kevin Friesenbichler. Guess who? For the third season running he was our top scorer, and with 30 goals, 25 in the league, he won both the league and European golden boots as well as breaking the FAC goalscoring record again. Sadly won't sign a new contract, so he'll be leaving after this year but he should at least fetch enough of a transfer fee to soften the blow. Probably our most vital player this year, I'd certainly have been more worried about relegation without him in the squad. Will be tough to replace.

Youth prospects:

Pedro Goncalves, for comparison, here is Pedro Goncalves at 17. A great season for Pedro, who improved his goalscoring along with his ability to create, now from both wings as his right-footedness made him a useful outlet on the right wing when needed during the season. The surprising thing was how many of his goals came from open play, as the training focus on finishing really paid dividends throughout the season with some crucial goals for the winger. 10 goals and 12 assists in 36 appearances (of a possible 41) show just how important he has become to our team.

Damir Kozic. Solid again in his second season as first choice keeper. He's not progressing fantastically well, but he has a good few years of improvement left ahead of him. Some defensive upgrades may be needed as we conceded a lot of goals this season.

Eldar Balilic. Was backup to Goncalves for a lot of the season, but played well when he came in. He's unfortunate that we have such a star playing in his position, but as Goncalves moves out to the right more next season to replace Bozinovski, who should be moving up front, he will play more. 6 goals and 9 assists in 34 appearances (15 starts) is a very promising beginning to this young man's FAC career.

Finances: As of now, still in a bit of trouble, but Friesenbichler is going to have to be sold and he should bring in enough to clear the debt and pay for some new facilities, which will be nice.

Average attendance: 2952 (of 3000), again basically a sell out attendance for every match this season. We need a new stadium really, but this won't happen until we have much better finances.

Next season: Consolidation will be nice, we'll be without Friesenbichler because he won't sign a new contract and the €1.5M he's bringing in will be very useful in terms of progressing the club, so it may well be that we'll need to scrape by without him for a season and hope the rest of the squad can step up. A decent run in Europe will be handy for the finances too.

Season   | League   | Position  |  Cup          |  Europe  |      Top scorer        
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
2014/15  | Erste Liga|   5[size=1]th[/size]     | R2           |   N/A     |    Ingo Klemen (10)
2015/16  | Erste Liga |   1[size=1]st[/size]     | R3          |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (25)
2016/17  | Bundesliga |   8[size=1]th[/size]     | R2         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (17)
2017/18  | Bundesliga |   3[size=1]rd[/size]     | SF         |   N/A     |   Kevin Friesenbichler (30)

Congrats Fastbasher :applause:

Good luck in Norway Gundo

Kroblues Great effort not far off winning the League

Lads Need some advice am not used to looking at players with such low stats, do you just look for the main stats ? What about players with low determination etc ? Do you get rid ? thanks

Don't think I've ever felt quite as sorry for a team as I just have, was playing a ton of kids anyway (including Grbovic- new youngest ever club goalscorer) as a lot of the new signings came in too late to play in this round. Starting to think there may be an issue with AI fitness with small teams...

FACTeamfuumlrWienvQaumlbaumllauml_StatsPlayerRatings_zps345b3142.png

Congrats Fastbasher :applause:

Good luck in Norway Gundo

Kroblues Great effort not far off winning the League

Lads Need some advice am not used to looking at players with such low stats, do you just look for the main stats ? What about players with low determination etc ? Do you get rid ? thanks

Cheers lfc.

Player attributes are not as black and white as they seem at lower league level, the main ones for me before I would look at anything else is; Determination & Work Rate.

Cheers lfc.

Player attributes are not as black and white as they seem at lower league level, the main ones for me before I would look at anything else is; Determination & Work Rate.

Thanks with never really doing lower league before am struggling to see really who is decent, ill look at Determination and Work Rate then maybe key stats thanks

pogon-logo_zpsfbc09088.png

Miejski Klub Piłkarski Pogoń Siedlce

biało-niebiescy

Champions League once again proved to be a tough ask for Pogoń Siedlce eventually losing out on second spot to a strong CSKA side.

The Europa League paired Pogoń Siedlce with Manchester City and Legia Warszawa Poland's other force in Europe this season with Seville. Once again a Polish Side meandered though the competition with aplomb taking many scalps along the way.Atlético Madrid once again got in the way of the Polish and picked up their second successive Europa League Title. Having two charges in Europe is certainly good for the Ekstraklasa having risen a further two places in the European League Rankings surpassing Belgium and Turkey.

European Rankings Legia Warszawa 37 , Pogoń Siedlce 22

Domestically the Wojskowi won the Ekstraklasa. Pogoń Siedlce been dealt a blow by the fixture list having to play the other 3 top sides all away from home in the Championship Group and Legia Warszawa took full advantage and won 7 from 7 to take full honours after Pogoń Siedlce had led the earlier section .Pogoń Siedlce did have the small consolidation of winning the Polish Cup. The Biało-Niebiescy are still under a period of rebuilding mainly using the loan market with a view to buy and will need to do so again in order to regain.

Players of the Season

Wlodarczyk - Polish International who returned home on a free following a spell in Romania

Pryka - Niggling Injuries ensured the Polish International never quite reached the heights of last season. Good season all the same

Janik - Another fine season by the Polish Fullback

Think that's enough of an update as this was a season where I didn't really want to write one , just plough through to the 2028/29 season and try regain my title back. The Ekstraklasa sits in the capital for the first time since 2020 and I want it back.

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[TD]Cup[/TD]

[TD]Europe[/TD]

[TD]Top Scorer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PZPN 1.Liga[/TD]

[TD]4TH[/TD]

[TD]Second Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Patryk Wolski (16)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PZPN 1.Liga[/TD]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Second Round[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Patryk Wolski (17)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T-Mobile Ekstraklasa[/TD]

[TD]8TH[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Andrei Vassiljev (26)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3RD[/TD]

[TD]Quarter Final[/TD]

[TD]EL - 4TH QF Round[/TD]

[TD]Andrei Vassiljev (41)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3RD[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[TD]EL - 3RD QF Round[/TD]

[TD]Andrei Vassiljev (20)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2ND[/TD]

[TD]Runners Up[/TD]

[TD]EL - 4TH QF Round[/TD]

[TD]Andrei Vassiljev (27)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[TD]EL - Group Stages[/TD]

[TD]Rövşän Hüseynov(25)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[TD]CL - Group Stages - EL First Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Rövşän Hüseynov(38)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Runners Up[/TD]

[TD]CL - Group Stages - EL Second Knockout Round[/TD]

[TD]Furkan Aydin (28)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2ND[/TD]

[TD]Quarter Final[/TD]

[TD]CL - Group Stages - EL Winners[/TD]

[TD]Stefan Johannesson (34)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]Marcin Pryka (20)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Quarter Final[/TD]

[TD]CL - Last 16[/TD]

[TD]Marcin Pryka (37)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1ST[/TD]

[TD]Quarter Final[/TD]

[TD]CL - Group Stages - EL Runners Up[/TD]

[TD]Marcin Pryka (54)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2ND[/TD]

[TD]Winners[/TD]

[TD]Marcin Pryka (32)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awesome work Fastbasher, very good achievement completing with an Hungarian side. Good to get it done just into retirement age too. :applause:

Survival first season Gundo - First step complete, now onwards and upwards.

Nice work making it into Europe kroblues, good progress made. Don't suppose you know your Wage Budget in £'s do you!? Just for a comparison.

Least you won the Cup Kaiserwatman, but no not a great Season by your now high standards... I'm expecting a double out of you this season now ...

Fastbasher Congratulations on completing the challenge :applause:

Gundo Glad to see someone else in Norway :cool: Looked a pretty close finish but at least you stayed up :) Good to see you are only going for Norwegian players i've not quite got the discipline to stick with that but will be sticking with Nordic :D Feel free to use my layout btw, I probably used somebody else's when I first started on this challenge in 09 anyway :D. Good luck for next season :)

kroblues Great season there :thup:

Kaiserwatman Unlucky finishing 2nd, hopefully you will come back stronger next season

Budget is £27k per week roughly, it's gone down €200k a year from last season though, hangover from the bad financial shape we were in before Friesenbichler went (to Frankfurt).

Thats okay then, mine's 27.44 and i'm going to lose an handful of players end of this season (just about finished the season...) couldn't bring in enough for the Season i'm on and ended up with a few smallish injury crisis' playing Youngsters with not even a Gold star ability isn't what i'd like to do really. Good season though and i'm into the Cup final (hope i haven't jinxed it by mentioning it..)

Oh my first couple of games this season before I had everything sorted with replacing loanees and making signings were horrendous for it, had a 15 year old at right back, 5 of my 7 subs were 16 or 17 and I had basically nothing else in the squad. Solved that a little with the Friesenbichler money though, even paid some transfer fees :D

Good luck with your new beginnings lfc7, have to admit I don't really look that much at the attributes and go more on what the scouts and assistant manager say about their ability and best roles.

Fastbasher - congrats on completion, was a heck of a roller coaster ride!

Gundo - Good luck with Brodd and going for Norwegian only.

kroblues - excellent season, hope you manage to find a decent replacement for Friesenbichler, how much did you sell him to Frankfurt for?

Kaiserwatman - sad to see you lost your Ekstraklasa crown, best of luck getting it back! How many goals has Pryka already got for you? How is the interest in him? I would suppose some bigger clubs would want to snap him up.

Pre-season is really short in Austria, causes a few issues with signings for me, but I think I've got a decent squad together now by the end of the window. Sold Friesenbichler for €1.5M, managed to get a few loan players in to replace him so Bozinovski can stay at right wing.

SVAustriaSalzburg_zps444599d0.jpeg

SV Austria Salzburg, 2017/18;

I started to worry about second season syndrome when the season kicked off, our fitness levels were pretty low and with injuries and a much smaller squad. We had to field a few Youngsters who were only on the books because of our non existent U18's team. We came through that early season test though and even managed to sneak our way into the Group stages of the Europa league (much to my joy and surprise - The bean counters will also be happy i'm sure) the Group stage was a step too far though and we only managed to get anything from the very last game (when everything was already settled). The league continued to be a little tricky and even though at one stage i though 2nd place was an option we finished exactly the same as last year, 3rd. Red Bull won the League (much to my and our fans annoyance) leaving a bitter taste in our mouths.

Final Table|Graph

Europa League games

FA Cup Run - Great run, so unlucky to lose in the final, and in the last few minutes as well.

The Squad

Key Players;

Georg Krenn - Always plays well, one of (if not the) best players at the club.

Lukas Gabriel - Solid season at CB a position we are strongest in, earned 5 PoTM awards.

Miloje Beronja - One of 2 Loanees, played 28 times for us scoring twice in a solid season at the club, he filled in everywhere from a CM role, AMC, and both wings.

Honorable mention: Yannic Dick - Filled in at the start of the Season because of injuries and managed to probe me wrong that he can be of use to the squad.

Record League Apps, and huge news for next Season... Add in the fact our wage budget is now £38k and we have a big Transfer budget also (£320k after adjustments).

Finances|Transfers

Youth Candidates;

Muhamed Basic YP2 Coach Report

Yannic Dick The guy i didn't tag got enough games that he made huge improvements...

Sebastian Gladrow YP1 - Went out on Loan making 18 apps, scoring 2 goals.

Season    League            Position   Austrian Cup         Achievements      Europe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   First Division      5th       1st rd.           Top Half Finish      N/A      
2015/16   First Division      1st       3rd rd.           Champions/Promoted   N/A
2016/17     Bundesliga        3rd       Q-Final    Place above 'The Franchise' N/A
2017/18     Bundesliga        3rd      Finalists       Made Europa League / Europa Group

Archived