SRL88's Career - Season Preview - 2016/17 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Board Expectations:

Nemzeti Bajnokság I: Respectable League Position

UEFA Europa League: Enjoy Participating

Magyar Kupa: Reach the Quarter-Final

Magyar Ligakupa: Not Important

Szuperkupa: Enjoy Participating

My Expectations:

Nemzeti Bajnokság I: With so many competitions this season, I would be happy with survival

UEFA Europa League: The group stage would give us more money obviously, but it is a dream for a club like ours to be in the competition in the first place

Magyar Kupa: It is probably our best route into Europe, but I don't expect to reach the Final in all honesty

Magyar Ligakupa: Other than a trophy, there is no money or European route so I'm not really bothered. Plus, it is boring facing the same teams every year

Szuperkupa: Not to bothered to be fair

Budgets:

Balance: -£309,381

Loving following this career mate. Here in Preston we have an agency that recruits from Békéscsaba. I've worked with lots of lads from there over the last 7 years and met some really good friends. One lad brought me back the full purple away strip one summer. Wore the shirt to a PNE game once and got some right funny looks.

Rosenborg won't do you any favours, but hopefully you can grab something from it.

It is going to be tight, but like you said, hopefully we can grab something.

Loving following this career mate. Here in Preston we have an agency that recruits from Békéscsaba. I've worked with lots of lads from there over the last 7 years and met some really good friends. One lad brought me back the full purple away strip one summer. Wore the shirt to a PNE game once and got some right funny looks.

Cheers dude. Always appreciate the comments, it means a lot :).

Can't believe you've already managed to win a cup! Top work, and good to see you're pushing on with the facility upgrades :thup:

Haha. It certainly came quicker than I expected I must say.

Solid performance and congrats on the Cup win. Good luck in the Europa League
Europe here you come! :cool:

Fantastic job.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Good to see an improvement in the league and congrats on winning the cup.However it is a shame that you drew Rosenborg in the Europa League.
Amazing progress to win a cup already. Good luck against Rosenborg... I think you might need it.

Cheers lads. Rosenborg definitely won't be easy, but if we want to be in Europe year in, year out, we best get used to sides like this.

Bekescsaba-Elore_zpseb6bae19.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2016/17 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Friendlies

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsd27a0329.png

Not the best pre-season lets be fair. We did OK against Dinamo Moscow and gave them a few scares, although they were the better side. We played two big sides in our next to games as we fell to defeat before a comfortable win on our travels to give us a bit of confidence going into the season.

Szuperkupa

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9d91d03e.png

Not a result which really bothered me as we were against a much better side, but we played well. Although Videoton were the better side we stood firm for large spells. A goal in the final 15 minutes sent us to defeat in our first ever Szuperkupa appearance.

SRL88's Career - July 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps2a0e47ea.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsc8821377.png

A pretty solid start to the campaign, but I feel a little annoyed that we aren't sitting here with a 100% start. We should have battered Puskas but we just couldn't break them down. Their goalkeeper was the star of the day but we had more than enough chances to win the game. We did follow it up with a brilliant win on the road though as we made up for a frustrating draw with a thumping win over promoted Kozarmisleny. We took an early lead and ended up going into the break a goal up. A brilliant second half performance ensured victory. A quickfire double gave us a three goal advantage before debutant Andras Bubori (YP21) scored to give us a 4-0 win.

UEFA Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round & 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0be1241d.png

Well that didn't go to script now did it.....

We have managed to pull off three fantastic results against the odds. The first leg in Rosenborg saw us score inside two minutes to give us a surprise lead. Rosenborg leveled the game before the break, but instantly after the restart we went back in front thanks to a lovely strike from Adam Viczian (YP1). Rosenborg continued to attack but we stood firm and hit them on the counter in the 78th minute to shock them by adding a third. A fourth came not long after to give us an excellent lead ahead of the second leg. That second tie was all about us keeping switched on and any thought of us not was swept away in the 22nd minute. Rosenborg leveled the game but we went ahead again just after the half hour mark. A third followed before the break before we added a fourth not long into the second half. Although we conceded a second, we went through pretty comfortably.

We put in an equally good performance away to Wilsa as we pulled off another shock victory. Bela Gyomber (YP5) gave us the lead in the first half. We added a second just past the half hour to send us into dreamland. The second half saw Wilsa bombard our goalmouth but an excellent defensive display saw us run out 2-0 winners for a massive advantage ahead of the second leg.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zpsb1e482d1.png

And that right there is the benefit of European football.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zps03a7678f.png

A brilliant achievement for your debut match.

It buoys me with the fact that we have now set this record three times in our short space of time in this league.

Wow, great European results so far.

Definitely are :).

I was not expecting this! Amazing work in Europe and hopefully you can get past Wisla in the second leg.

Neither was I. Couldn't believe how we played to be fair.

Well, I am shocked! How did you ever manage to beat Rosenborg 8-3 - I have no idea... Your boys must be gems and your tactics must be simply ideal! That will be some massive prize money for you! Best of luck, I want to see some Europa League group stage matches this season! :thup:

Well, I am shocked! How did you ever manage to beat Rosenborg 8-3 - I have no idea... Your boys must be gems and your tactics must be simply ideal! That will be some massive prize money for you! Best of luck, I want to see some Europa League group stage matches this season! :thup:

Christ. There is another three games to go before we can even think about the group stages and that brings the big lads like Fiorentina into it, and that is if we get past Wilsa. Going to be very, very tough.

SRL88's Career - August 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsa0e0d901.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps8020c206.png

A mixed month for us. The draw which opened up the month was very frustrating as we really took the game to them. We had more than enough chances to win the game but it was one of those days. We followed it up with another draw, but I annoyed for different reasons. We were average in the first half but after a few words at half time we took the lead just before the hour. As it looked like we were going to claim a deserved three points but as is usually the case with us we conceded late on to deny us victory. We did get a win in the month though as we narrowly edged past Honved before an exhausted squad played at home to Ferencvaros. It was a case of just getting it out of the way as we were really knackered from the midweek fixture in Europe. We played poor, and I was glad when the game finished.

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round & Play-Off Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps88186264.png

Elation, joy and devastation all rolled into one. We were brilliant at home to Wilsa. Once we scored inside ten minutes it ended the tie as a contest and we just kept adding to our lead. A hat-trick from Andras Dlsusztus (YP4) saw him steal the show and we added a fifth on the night late on.

This set us a double header against Partizan Belgrade. We took the lead in the game but they drew level quickly. We found ourselves 3-1 down at half-time, but after a telling at the break we came out and played much better. Things weren't helped when we conceded a fourth and then had a man sent off but we kept pushing to find a second which would have helped massively ahead of the second leg. In the second leg we were simply fantastic. Despite the deficit we just went for it. We scored early on and then added a second in the first half. We scored just before the hour which meant we would have gone through on away goals but Partizan scored to end that hope. We went straight up the other end and added a fourth which took the game to extra-time, although we had numerous chances before the final whistle. In extra-time we tired and Partizan took advantage in the second period and scored the goal which knocked us out, despite a valiant effort.

Magyar Ligakupa Group Stage

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsbadf2fbb.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps8dfc7d2f.png

It wasn't our best performance but we conceded very late in the game which was disappointing. We were shocking in the first half but much improved in the second and just when it looked like we could have snatched a point we conceded deep into stoppage time to deny us.

Ah, juuuuuuust missed out... You were 1 goal away from my words about the Group Stage. How much money did you get from these games? Hopefully enough to upgrade smth :applause:
Excellent job getting past Rosenborg and Wisla,very gutting on just missing out on progressing to the group stages.

Yeah we were very close. Absolutely gutted I must say, especially after our performance in the second leg.

SRL88's Career - September 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps708ce2e4.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps17360840.png

A mixed month as we continue to struggle for goals without the injured Adam Viczian (YP1). The month started with a hard fought win over at the time leaders, Kaposvar. We needed a penalty on the brink of half time to take the lead and although the second half was even, we were hanging on at the end. A poor performance against Gyor followed as we were swept aside before the month rounded off with a disappointing draw at home.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsd2f8249f.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zpsab36737a.png

On paper it looks a solid draw but we really deserved the three points. We played really well but just couldn't break them down in what turned out to be a frustrating draw.

Hmmm... hopefully the goals start coming soon.

I think they need to in all honesty.

Nice progress slowly but surely

I am hoping surely comes soon.

SRL88 are you using the same tactics as you did in your FM12 Journeyman career?

If you mean a 4-2-3-1 formation then no. Currently playing a rigid 4-5-1 to suit the players we currently have. Would like to be a bit more adventerous once we start getting more youth through. Like at the moment we don't really have anyone who could play AMC so that rules out me playing someone there.

Early days yet but you're still in touch.

Would be happy with another top half finish.

SRL88's Career - October 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zpsa3d5013d.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zpsd5e5451f.png

Our league form continues to frustrate as we just can't buy a win at the moment. The game against Pecs was hard fought and we had to come from behind twice to claim a point. We really shouldn't have lost on the road to Haladas. A late goal cost us another point in what was a frustrating defeat. We got back to drawing ways again against Videoton. Despite playing much better opposition we matched them throughout. We fell behind midway through the second half but a late goal allowed us to grab a point. We followed it up with another draw, this time at MTK. It looks like we snatched a draw but that is far from the truth. We absolutely battered them and deservedly took a 1-0 lead with just under twenty minutes remaining. With their very first effort on goal they leveled things and just minutes later, and their second, and last effort on goal they scored again to take a 2-1 lead. Luckily we won a penalty which was swept home to give us a more than deserving draw.

Magyar Kupa Fourth Round

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps7f592a60.png

A brilliant performance and brilliant result as an escape from our league performances. Bela Gyomber (YP5) was the star of the show with two goals inside the opening ten minutes. In what was a very controlled performance he added a third to grab his hat-trick just before the hour mark.

The win sets up a tie against NBII side Paks in the Fifth Round.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zps89a3c310.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages_zps0006955d.png

Once again we played well away from the league. We had to fight hard against Ferencvaros but we managed to grab all three points thanks to a brace from Bela Gyomber (YP5). A solid draw away to Debrecen followed that up. It was an even contest, despite taking an early lead. They leveled before half-time and even though both sides had chances in the second half, a draw was a fair result.

You have to turn draws into wins immedeately or try to get to Europe through the Cup again. Good luck with it :)

We aren't going to qualify for Europe through the league. We aren't ready for that yet, so the Magyar Kupa is our best bet again. Hopefully we can do it, because we need the money from Europe to continue moving forward.

what level is your junior coaching at?

Good Junior Coaching.

I wouldn't be overly worried about European qualification; you're only five season in, so plenty of time to do it again!

Plenty of time yes, I agree, but we can lose up to £100k pcm.

Good couple of European wins, pity things aren't going so well at home.

Hopefully over the course of the season things start to go better for us.

SRL88's Career - November 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Nemzeti Bajnokság I

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps8d41510b.png

OTPBankLiga_OverviewStages_zps917e8014.png

A much better month and boy was it needed. The month kicked off with our first win in seven league games. We took the lead in the first half, taking a lead into the second period. Although we conceded in the second half, we retook the lead just after the hour mark from substitute Karoly Disztl (YP15). We looked like we were going to win the game, only to be hit on the counter with a couple of minutes remaining to make the game 2-2. As I settled internally for a point, we scored a scruffy goal in stoppage tome to give us an overdue win. This followed up with a hard fought defeat away to Debrecen. We went in at the break 2-0 down, but a bit of a bollocking inspired the lads who came out after the interval and Adam Viczian grabbed himself a brace early in the second half to level things. We battled on well, but Debrecen scored with ten minutes remaining and we couldn't respond to give them all three points. I changed tactics for the game against Kozarmisleny and we dominated, but had to wait until past the hour mark to grab the only goal of the game. We followed it up with a hard fought draw on the road before a massive 2-1 win over ZTE.

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round 1st Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsec21bc16.png

A very solid win and excellent performance. We were in complete control of the game and thoroughly deserved victory. We took the lead through Andras Bubori (YP21). In the second half Roland Fulop (YP13) grabbed his first ever goal to give us a comfortable 2-0 win.

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule-2_zps54d31a49.png

MagyarLigakupa_OverviewStages-2_zpsa5066f29.png

Two massive results which see us top our group for the first ever time. We had to battle hard against Gyor but we did exactly that, taking the lead twice as we battled to a 2-1 win. We had to beat Ferencvaros to guarantee we would advance, and despite conceding early in the game we responded excellently. Karoly Disztel dictated the game as he grabbed a brace and assisted another in a fine 4-2 win.

Topping our group gave us a draw against Pecs in the Quarter-Final.

SRL88's Career - December 2016 - Békéscsaba 1912 Elore SE

Magyar Kupa Fifth Round 2nd Leg

BeacutekeacutescsabaiEl1510reFC_FixturesSchedule_zps9094ae7f.png

By no means the best performance in the world, but our much changed line-up played alright. We did a professional job and managed to guide our way through the tie.

The result set up a double-header against ZTE in the Quarter-Final.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps2eb931e2.png

Our performances from last season, rolling into this see us set a new competition record.

Brilliant stuff, just a few points behind european places and a good run in the cup!

I see the cup as more important. The league is a bit to much in my eyes.

Archived