Football Manager Handheld 2013... it's here!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Has the Skin been improved? Do we have any screens yet?

Screenshots will be flying around shortly I'm sure (there are some on the New Zealand store in iTunes if you haven't looked) ...

The skins been tidied up and revamped a bit as per usual, main improvements have concentrated on the tablet skins to try and give them them more usability from the space available on those devices.

• SI Staff
Have any changes been made to the tactics editor, or is it much the same as in FMH12?

Tactics editor - very similar to 2012, slight tweaks to how drag/drop works to try and make it easier/more reliable .... and of course there are now Captains to select in the game :D

• SI Staff
Was that a purposeful use of the term "at present" meaning that there is a chance this might change in an update? Or should we read the sentence leaving out the "at present"?

Unlikely to change hugely in an update - however long term, who knows what the future will bring ...

• SI Staff
I don't quite understand this one:

The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad

Isn't this already in FMH12?

To clarify this one, what it means is that you are now actually able to sign the 'virtual' grey players who appear in your reserves to full-time contracts.

The biggest feature I would like to see is iCloud integration, which seems to be industry standard even showing up on freemium titles. Have you introduced this to FMH13 or if not what are your plans to address that feature? Thank you

• SI Staff
Have there been any changes to the player regen system? Regen hunting is one of my favourite pastimes, but I can see why a lot of people would prefer something a little less predictable.

Its been tweaked and tuned - you can still 'hunt' for them at present .... although I am investigating a system for 'masking' the secondary positions for non-scouted players which might potentially make its way into an update at some stage (no promises either way, but it seems a sensible way to make this more challenging).

• SI Staff
no iCloud integration then? as you've ignored my post....shame

Not yet I'm afraid, we're looking into it - our save file sizes are larger than most other apps so there's a lot we have to take into account first though.

• SI Staff
As Rangers (in the 3rd Division) are licenced in the full FM13, does that mean they will be in the handheld version?

The club is licensed yes but unfortunately we're not able to include player pics for Rangers for legal reasons.

According to the Facebook website, file sharing can be used to transfer a save file from an iPhone to an iPad, is this correct? Is this a work around of iCloud? Can I go back and fourth from device to device this way? Can we ever expect that iCloud will be intregrated?

• SI Staff
According to the Facebook website, file sharing can be used to transfer a save file from an iPhone to an iPad, is this correct? Is this a work around of iCloud? Can I go back and fourth from device to device this way? Can we ever expect that iCloud will be intregrated?

Yep, as ever you can use the file sharing mechanism within iTunes to share save files, tactics etc between devices. We're looking into what we can do in terms of cloud-based storage in the future but this is a long-term project.

Last question on this, and hopefully everyone will understand this to close this topic: iPhone/iPad allows you to back up to the computer without being plugged in. Can you trasfer files from iPhone/iPad on the mac or pc without being plugged into that device? Or do I just have to fiddle and find out?

• SI Staff
Last question on this, and hopefully everyone will understand this to close this topic: iPhone/iPad allows you to back up to the computer without being plugged in. Can you trasfer files from iPhone/iPad on the mac or pc without being plugged into that device? Or do I just have to fiddle and find out?

Just tried this out and it worked fine for me - hopefully it will for you!

• SI Staff
That's great...that's basically iCloud for anyone who, like me really wants to go back and fourth between devices with ease. Hopefully, people find this helpful.

Just to note that you do have to save the file on your computer as an intermediate step but that's very easy, you can just drag it to the desktop and back into the FM 2013 file sharing area on the other device.

Nice one!

I've been eagerly looking forward to this since I first got a tablet a couple of months ago :)

Champ Manager on the original xbox was the last time I spent any great deal of time on a Football Manager game(lack of capable pc, lack of time)

Now this should eat up every spare minute of my day going :)

• SI Staff
I have an old iphone that runs 4.2.something that I keep around just to play FMH. Will 13 work at all, or will parts of it just not be supported?

You'll need to upgrade it to iOS4.3 - presuming it can run that you'll be fine to play the game upon it (OS upgrades are free).

Very disappointed that there is an increase in in-app purchases despite the price remaining that of a premium product, make your mind up - low price + in-app purchases or high price - in-app purchases.

Other than that looks like a good improvement, shame I won't be purchasing until FMH14 though...

Thanks, Marc. Unfortunately, my phone is too old to be upgraded past 4.2.1 (or so the internet and lack of update buttons tells me), so it is over to Android. THe FAQ page lists the minimum requirements for iOS but not android. Do you know what OS version one needs to run it?

• SI Staff
Thanks, Marc. Unfortunately, my phone is too old to be upgraded past 4.2.1 (or so the internet and lack of update buttons tells me), so it is over to Android. THe FAQ page lists the minimum requirements for iOS but not android. Do you know what OS version one needs to run it?

The minimum Android OS version is 2.2.

• SI Staff

If you pop over to the Android section of the FAQ you can see that you'll be able to run it on 2.2 or above.

We didn't really want to discontinue support for older iOS versions but unfortunately it was not possible to optimise the game for iPhone 5 without doing so.

• SI Staff
Very disappointed that there is an increase in in-app purchases despite the price remaining that of a premium product, make your mind up - low price + in-app purchases or high price - in-app purchases.

All the unlockables* in the game remain obtainable through normal gameplay as in previous versions - the option to purchase them rather than unlock them was added to allow time poor/cash rich people access to them, if you don't want to buy them then by all means don't and unlock them as in prior versions.

(its important to me that we don't violate the games playability and it remains the key aspect of the game to me - hence this approach to iAP)

*The only items not unlockable via. gameplay are the challenges which remain the same as in previous versions - ie. 4 free with the others purchasable for a nominal amount.

Archived