The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers fella :D

I'm aiming to complete my European Hexagon which is winning the Champions League in the top 6 European leagues,we already have 3 in England,Germany and Russia so there is only Spain,Italy and France to left to win in.I'm giving my self a bit of a challenge,for one of the three it will be winning the Champions League with any team from that nation,another will be taking a team from the bottom tier and for the last I will be trying to win it with youth players!

download1_zpsd8a95209.jpg

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - August - 2038

Fixtures

5e650d10-8b38-4710-8a34-f3cad0a3ae7a_zpsfe0c46a7.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zps087b3139.png

Manager's Thoughts

What a brilliant month that was,two trophies and two games where we destroyed Boca.We kicked off the month with the double header against Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores final where we were the better team in both games despite only having ten men for most of the first leg due to an early red card.The Recopa Sudamericana saw us absolutely destroy Boca in the first leg as we stuck six past them and even miss a penalty,the second leg saw Boca be the better team but due to our massive lead,we were never really threatened.The League game against Boca left me with mixed reactions,I was pleased with winning but I am disappointed that we didn't covert more of our chances considering we had 29 shots!I guess some people are hard to please.

September sees us play six league games as we face Atl.Tucuman,Patronato,Estudiantes (LP),Newell's,Independiente Rivadavia and Independiente in which I feel we can win them all but considering Estudiantes (LP) took points off us last season,we cannot take anything for granted.If we can get 12-15 points out of these games then we will definitely be in contention for the title and probably favourites considering we have already beat Boca who were predicted for first place.I am feeling confident after our recent success so I am willing to accept any challenge that comes our way.

download1_zpsd8a95209.jpg

Club Ferro Carrill Oeste - Primera Division - September 2038

Fixtures

427634fd-bb3d-4b3c-a89d-ada83f1b99e3_zps7cacbfef.jpg

League Table

PrimeraDivisioacutendeArgentina_OverviewStages_zpsd9fa1435.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a pretty brilliant month despite dropping points to Independiente Rivadavia as we were unbeatable at the back as we kept seven clean sheets out of seven.We made an excellent start to our Copa Sudamericana defence as we beat Colo Colo 2-0 with Zamponi hitting a brace.The league saw us win five and draw the other game as we moved up to 2nd place as we now sit one point behind Velez but we do have the game in hand which will be essential as we are aiming to go for the title.Zamponi was definitely our player of the month as he hit ten goals for the month so his form has been brilliant which is always pleasing to see.Not much else to say as it is still early in the season so even though it was a good month,we need to carry on this form.

Needless to say on the 30th I received a job offer which I have decided to accept as it is an interesting challenge for me.

The offer......

c9f36f28-6204-4929-aa58-52da625b98f0_zps00a038c5.jpg

I have decided to accept this offer as they have had previous success such as being one of three Liga BBVA teams not called Barcelona or Real Madrid to win the title,they've also have had success in Europe as they have won the Europa League in the past.Also,I don't think there is any greater challenge then trying to overthrow Barcelona considering they are Espanyol's local rivals!

download2_zps548ab0e8.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - New Club - Liga BBVA - 2038/39

Takeover Position

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps94f20738.png

Manager's Thoughts

I can see why the previous manager was sacked as the team is underachieving by quite a lot so we should be able to get a top half position which will be more than acceptable by the board as they just want a respectable position.I've already identified the weak areas which is the DR and AML positions but I've already identified targets for these positions and I will also be raiding my old club for Gonzalo Fernandez who is Argentinian/Spaniard so he won't affect the EU limit and will be very handy in central midfield.I have a pretty clear run this season as they don't expect me to do much so I guess we can spring a few surprises.The team is quite old so I will be looking at younger players to help aid the clubs future,if we are really lucky then we can crash the Europa League spots!

Congrets with the Copa and completing the Pentagon challenge. Nice move back to Europe.

Cheers fella :D This definitely has been my favourite save for a long time,can't wait to get stuck in with Espanyol!

JackJCFC - Thanks mate :D I hope so to but it will be extremely difficult with Barcelona being around,they have four players in the first XI who have played for me at some point!

deltablue - If I can get a few wins strung together then it will be helpful.We're currently in 13th at the end of October but we are only 6 points behind 3rd placed Real Madrid!

I was trying to bring in Fernandez who had Argentinian/Spanish nationality and Zamponi.Unfortunately Fernandez rejected us and decided to join Lyon in January whereas I am still negotiating for Zamponi but we should be able to get him for £10 million.The only problem is that in Spain you can only have 3 non-Eu players so it does restrict us quite a bit as I will have to try and sell my non-Eu players to bring in those from Ferro.

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - October 2038

Fixtures

c3feabae-2e3c-46c5-8df8-ec2cc32c0ebf_zpsbc622129.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps273044eb.png

Manager's Thoughts

Four games,two wins and two draws,it's not the best of starts but it certainly isn't the worst of them either.I was very disappointed in the Salamanca game as we threw away the lead three times which is always annoying but it was the first time this season that Espanyol scored more than two goals!The league game against At.Madrid was very encouraging as they are one of the better sides this season so a draw is a very good result,I am however disappointed that we conceded an injury time equalizer which robbed us of a win against a top two side!The result against Albacete was brilliant as we were reduced to ten men in the first half when we had our keeper sent off,it was a frantic finish for us but better late then never.We've gotten the Copa del Rey off to a very good start as we beat Betis 4-1 in the first leg so all we have to do now is keep our professionalism and finish them off.

November sees us play five fixtures and two of which are against Barcelona and Real Madrid,the only thing which encourages me is that both of these games are at home so we make sneak a result if we play to our best.We also have league games against Malaga and Betis who are not too far in front of us in the league so they will be very tight games but I know we can get results as we've already beat Betis once this season.Our Copa del Rey campaign continues as we face Betis in the 2nd leg,we are currently leading 4-1 but I know we need to keep our professionalism to ensure we go through.I've already made two signings for the DR and AML positions who will be joining in January,I am also hoping we can get the Zamponi deal wrapped up as he will be one of the best players in the world!

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - November 2038

Fixtures

8563790a-c735-4c45-9e5d-a1b4410a7a8e_zpsd4fe586e.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages-2_zps73456d1a.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a brilliant month as we progressed in the cup and moved into a Champions League slot in the table as we sit in 4th!We kicked off the month in the Copa del Rey as we faced Betis in the 2nd leg,Betis were the much better team in the game but a superb defensive display saw us draw the game 1-1 as we went through with a 5-2 aggregate victory.The game against Malaga saw us give the opposition a lesson in finishing despite us playing with 10 men for 81 minutes so that was a brilliant result despite the handicap.The game against Real Madrid was a shock as we were generally the better team and 4-2 actually flattered them more then us as they literally scored 2 from 6 shots while we scored 4 from 13 but it gives me hope in the future as the squad is not that bad so some tweaking should see us become very hard to beat.The Catalan derby saw me strike first blood to show that I'm here with Espanyol and I'm not going to disappear anytime soon,a great defensive display capped with a great counter attack saw us snatch the points in a game where Barcelona heavily dominated.Good to see we have picked up a few points against the bigger sides and hopefully we can continue with this form.

December has five games to play before a break for Christmas,we face Valencia in a tough game despite them underachieving so far,we also face relegation threatened Villarreal and have a triple header against the bottom side Almeria!We face Almeria in the Copa del Rey hence the reason for playing them three times,the league game is away but if we play to our best then we should be able to win.One thing I do need to work on is our discipline,in nine games we have received 14 yellow cards and 3 red cards which is quite worrying as we have out tackling set to normal so I'm not sure what to do in that position.Hopefully we can wrack a few more points up to keep challenging for a top four spot as well as progress in the Copa del Rey as that should help the club regain a little of it's previous reputation it had back from the mid 2020's to the early 2030's!

Look who come crawling back.....I actually applied for this job straight after winning the Copa Libertadores and I got rejected so I have no trouble in rejecting it which now makes us even!

820c9b27-4b75-435b-9289-29e399b10fd9_zps08c6b420.jpg

Animosama - It is looking good which is surprising considering where we were :D

b101 - The board have given me another £30 million in the January transfer window so I am hoping that is enough to get him!

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - December 2038

Fixtures

b62647b6-32f9-4fa7-8b41-d89dc64bc1e7_zps8c96d75f.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpse48b077c.png

Manager's Thoughts

Not the most of exciting months but we got the job done as we continued our surge up the table as we sit in 3rd going into the new year.Considering Almeria are near the bottom,the 3-0 aggregate scoreline we beat them in the Copa del Rey actually flattered us as we really did struggle but we move onto the quarter finals which is brilliant progress as the team is still getting the hand of my formations.The league saw us somehow beat Valencia even though we didn't deserve to win,struggled to beat Almeria again and ease past Real Sociedad,all I can hope is that the couple of weeks we get for a break doesn't make us rusty.

The new year is here and it is time for me to make a stamp on this team as it's my first transfer window and I have already secured three purchases who will help improve the first XI,got a Brazilian defender coming in who has very high potential which is more down to the previous manager so at least he had good judgement and hopefully we will have one mega star coming in to join the club.The fixtures sees us face Sevilla in the Copa del Rey which will give us two very tight games as they are a good side.We have five league games as we face Athletic,Cadiz,Villarreal,Sevilla and Rayo which will take us over the half way mark for games.Hopefully the points keep coming but I am confident of having a stronger team by the end of the month.

Made my own imprint on the club as we bought in six players (technically five as one was from a previous manager!)Introducing.....

Gianmario Di Gioia - GK

Rinaldo Capelli - DR,DC

Julen Armendariz - MC

Aitor Larrainzar - MC/AMC

Gianpino Iaquinta - ML/AML

One to watch

Nelson Eduardo - DLC

Signed by Igor Nedorezov who was the manager between 11/2/36 and 21/2/38.Definitely a hot prospect and will spend two years in the "B" Team to gain Spanish nationality before moving up to the first team.

Two pre-arranged transfers

Faouzi Bencherif - DM,MC

A very good free transfer in which we have a full Belgian international joining the club.Will add much needed depth to the team in the DM position.

Nicky Naylor - ST

He is actually French/English but was born in Cannock and is capped by the French u19's.I'm not really taking notice of his strike rate as his appearances have been subs.

Cheers fella :D Zamponi was plan A but he got injured for 3 months which kind of ruined my plan so I will use all Summer transfer funds to get him but I am trying to strengthen other areas as well,Barcelona have Antonio Garza who I had at Chivas so they have phenomenal striker!

It'd be more likely to be Rayo as it stands in mine, Getafe and Espanyol are 3rd and 4th :D I actually had a tycoon takeover with Espanyol on FM11 half way through the first season, the rep went through the roof and could attract Ronaldo and a few other Real players at the time :eek: Shame that happened because I was having more fun being rubbish :D

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - January 2039

Fixture

7ee24187-f15d-4406-8e2a-dbe11e8ac76e_zps95c91d07.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsed6054e9.png

Manager's Thoughts

We made excellent progress in the Copa del Rey as we thrashed Sevilla 6-2 on aggregate which saw Armendariz score a hat-trick on his debut in the 2nd leg.The semi-final against Salamanca was much closer as we edged the two games as we clinched a 3-1 aggregate victory which sets us up for a final against our local rivals,Barcelona.The league saw us struggle in the first four games before an excellent win and performance in the last game of the month.We drew with Athletic and Cadiz in games which we easily could have won but we failed to finish our chances off.A goal from Gryzb was enough to beat Villarreal but again we struggled to finish our chances.Sevilla gave us my first defeat as Espanyol manager which is annoying but it was a deserved victory for the opposition as we failed to step it up.The game against Rayo saw a brilliant performance and Gryzb go on a goal scoring frenzy as he hit four in five games.Not the best of months but we are ahead of Real Madrid as we sit in 4th!

February is a quiet month as we have four games,three of which are at home and the other is an away trip.We have home games against Cordoba,Levante and Mallorca before travelling to Valladolid.It is important that we get points here as it get's much tougher from March as that is when we start facing the bigger teams in the league.Cordoba will be the toughest match as they not the biggest team but they are over achieving so it will be a difficult game.Levante and Mallorca are struggling with morale issues and are struggling so hopefully we will capitalize.For the Valladolid game,I will be happy with a draw but after all,hopefully we will still be in contention for an European spot!

cerud - We've had a good run and hopefully we can step it up in the final as we face local rivals Barcelona!

Animosama - It is for now,April will make or break us as we have to face Barcelona,Real Madrid and Valencia in the league.

deltablue - Cheers fella :D I feel that defeat was coming as we don't have a consistent goal score which has cost us,this is why I really want Zamponi!

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - February 2039

Fixtures

b8e03009-560a-43e6-b25c-c584b99f0bde_zps9a82e342.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps947becb3.png

Manager's Thoughts

We played four games and gained ten points which is what I hoped for but we also had the bonus with the fact that we moved up to third place in the league which is really good going.My only problem is that we are not finishing our chances which is the most worrying thing as our goals scored column is a bit light although we are very good defensively.No matter how we do it though,we are gaining points which is the most important thing as we come up to the end of the month.The only match where we played very well was the 2-0 victory over Cordoba in which we are unlucky it wasn't more as we hit the post twice and missed a penalty!With all said and done,I think we may have already done enough to secure a place in Europe next season as we have a healthy lead over 6th place but with having to face all of the teams competing for a Champions League spot,it will be a tough end to the season!

March actually only sees us play three times,all of which in the league.We kick the month off to At.Madrid as we travel to Vicente Calderon to face a team in a similar position as us as they are also amongst the top five teams so a any result will be a good result.We also face Salamanca and Albacete in which we need to win both of those games if we do lose against At.Madrid as it will still give us a better chance of qualifying for the Champions League.The only other thing for March is that we should have youth candidate day at the end of the month and I hope we get a high potential defender or and AMR which will help us massively.

Archived