The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

download2_zpsf4fbd030.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2040/41

2040/41 Transfers

For left the club permanently.Nine players left the club on loan with Nicky Naylor being the highest profiled leaving on loan as I looked to gain them first experience to help them with their development as players.Seven players joined the club as we continued to buy youngsters to help with Espanyol's future.The best of these youngsters are Andrew Williams,Filippo Tosi and Roger Flaherty.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table

Was pretty challenging in the first half of the season as Real Madrid and Barcelona were challenging us and seemed to be pushing us to our limits.Real in the 2nd half would fall away pretty spectacularly as they were the architects of their own defeat as silly mistakes cost them in the end.Barcelona continued to push us until we won the title in May which was a relief as our rivals pushed us all they way.As you see there was only six points separating us,we scored the same amount in the league but we conceded eight less which I can thank our defence as it is probably that which helped us secure the title.Will be more challenging in the future as teams will continue to improve and become stronger.

Champions League

Winners

We were pretty excellent right up until the 2nd leg of the semi-final.We topped the group stages against Sporting,Fenerbache and Lyon with a 5-1-0 record.The knockout stage saw us face Feyenoord and we easily won both games and went through 5-1 on aggregate.The quarter finals saw us face English giants Chelsea,the two legs had two different stories,the first leg was a great defensive display as we drew 1-1,the 2nd leg showed a great offensive display as we won 5-1 in the 2nd leg to give us a 6-2 aggregate victory.The semi-final put us up against PSV,a superb first leg saw us win 3-1,the 2nd leg was a very sloppy display as we lost 2-1 and just about hung on for victory to move on to the final.I was actually pretty angry with our display in the final against Sunderland as we blew a two goal lead and they pretty much dominated us as we hung on till the whistle on 90 minutes.Stuck a rocket up their ass and they improved in extra time as Zamponi scored the winner despite being outplayed by my former club for the majority of the match.Will Richardson 2-0 Andy Robinson!

Copa del Rey

Winners

I'll be honest,I actually enjoyed watching us in the Copa del Rey as it saw some of our best football in it throughout the whole season.I fielded weakened sides in the 4th round as we faced Gimnastic,we went through 3-1 on aggregate as our fringe players showed that they are too strong for Liga Adelante sides.The 5th round saw us face Albacete and I still think they don't know what hit them as we won 6-1 on aggregate.Betis were the quarter final opposition and we gave them two footballing masterclasses as we won 5-0 on aggregate.The semi-final saw two more battles as we were up against Catalan rivals Barcelona,we drew the first leg 2-2 at the Nou Camp before edging a frantic game at El Prat with a 3-2 victory which gave us a 5-4 aggregate victory.The final against At.Madrid was more one sided then I imagined it would be,it was truly a beautiful performance and even Capelli scored and he doesn't normally score!Excellent victory and another trophy in the cabinet!

Club World Cup

Winners

Even though we won the competition,our performances left a lot to be desired as we made really hard work of winning the competition.Irapuato were easily disposed of in the semi-final as we won 2-1 but our finishing was appalling and could have cost us if the opposition was a better team.Sao Paulo were the team we faced in the final,again we showed that our finishing was below par as we struggled to put away chances,on another day,Sao Paulo could have won as we were pretty poor by our usual standards.

Euro Supercup

Winners

I fielded a much changed Espanyol side as we gave five youth players their Espanyol debuts,even with nearly half the team making their debuts,we still showed that we are amongst the best for finishing chances.Even though we were outplayed by Ajax,we still walked away with the trophy which was down to a very good defensive display.The future does look good for Espanyol.

Supercopa

Winners

Always brilliant to beat your rivals and claim a trophy at the same time.The Supercopa saw two very bloody battles which could possibly looked like a war scene at times but in the end we came out on top with a 4-3 aggregate victory.

Player's,Stats and Awards

Best XI 40/41 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Player's Stats for the season.

Top Scorer

Walter Zamponi - 62 Goals

Was the top scorer with a very impressive 62 goals,this is even more impressive as he did this in 54 appearances and he missed six weeks of the season due to injury so he could probably have had more than 70 goals if he had stayed fit!Zamponi is now 26 and just coming into his prime although with high natural fitness rating,I reckon he could easily keep going till his mid 30's so there is still plenty to come from this legendary Argentinian!His performances saw him pick up Fans Player of the Year.

Most Assists

Gianpino Iaquinta - 51 Assists

I knew he was going to improve on last season but even I didn't think it be by this much.He made 57 appearances,scored 22 goals and provided a whopping 51 assists while averaging at 7.79 for the season is which is a brilliant average rating.It is no wonder why he is hailed as Italy's best winger with how he plays,unfortunately for the clubs finances,I've given a Iaquinta a massive pay rise as he is now on £130k a week but after this past season,he really does deserve it!His performances this season saw him pick up Jugador del ano which was a thoroughly deserved award.

Special Mention

Julen Armendariz

An excellent player who is amazingly good but he needs to curb his temper.He made 59 appearances,scored 19 goals,provided 16 assists as well as receive 20 yellow cards and 2 red cards!His performances saw him pick up European Golden Boy,Jugador espanol del ano and Jugador joven del ano.Even though he is still so young,he still probably has about 14 more seasons left at playing at this level and will continue to impress untill his retirement.

Manager's Thoughts

There is not a lot I can say about this season as it was the perfect season as we went out of the season with a clean sweep in all competitions and with the announcement of a new stadium.There is definitely not a lot left to achieve with Espanyol so from next season,I may start to look for a new job as I want to challenge myself which will help keep this save going.Espanyol is well stocked with very bright youngsters so even if I leave,the next manager would have strength in depth but after this season,I have a lot of questions which I need to ask myself and whether I want to stay here as Espanyol had a good set up when I arrived and all I have done is help them achieve their potential.

I still have two years left on my contract but I have already achieved everything in three seasons and have genuinely turned Espanyol from underachievers to title challengers and Champions League challengers.The setup is pretty amazing here as we have top training and youth facilities with brilliant Junior Coaching and youth recruitment and with the news of a new stadium on the horizon for Espanyol,I have put the club at the start of a golden age for the club as the new stadium will help in their quest to be world beaters.There won't be much done in pre-season (if I stay) as it will just be the continuous quest of bringing in youngsters to help keep the wheels rolling at the club.

Season       Club          Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       4th       3rd Rnd        N/A          1618     Playoff Defeat!
2013    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       1st         Q.F          N/A          3540     Playoff Vitors!
2014    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       4th       WINNERS        N/A          3707     FA Cup Winners!
2015    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       3rd       WINNERS      WINNERS        4233     Left 18/11/15
2015/16   Wigan Ath.     Championship     England       5th       6th Rnd        N/A         13218     Playoff Winners!
2016/17   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       8th      Runners Up      N/A         19551     Top half finish.
2017/18   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       5th*      3rd Rnd*       N/A         17379     Left in Dec 17
2017/18    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       5th Rnd     Group Stage    42445     League Winners!
2018/19    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       50024      Won Treble!
2019/20    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS     Semi-Final     53101    Resigned at E.O.S
2020/21  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st         Q.F        WINNERS       68158      Won Double!
2021/22  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       70368      Clean Sweep!
2022/23  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       69688      Clean Sweep!
2023/24   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       5th       WINNERS     Group Stage    12177     S.A Cup WINNERS!
2024/25   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       15289      Clean Sweep!
2025/26  Sunderland       BSB Premier     England       1st       2nd Rnd        N/A         13202       Promtion!  
2026/27  Sunderland     nPower League 2   England       2nd      Runners Up      N/A         16683    Promotion + JPT Win!
2027/28  Sunderland     nPower League 1   England       1st       5th Rnd      WINNERS       24439        Treble!          
2028/29  Sunderland      Championship     England       1st       6th Rnd      2nd K.O       27407      Won Double!        
2029/30  Sunderland      Premier League   England       2nd       WINNERS      WINNERS       37235      Cup Double!        
2030/31  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       48093     Won Quadruple!      
2031/32  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       51438      Clean Sweep!       
2032/33   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico     12th/2nd   G.S/WINNERS      N/A         30182   Closing Stage Double!
2033/34   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       31838      Won Double!
2034/35   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       32639      Won Treble!
2035/36   Ferros          Nacional B     Argentina      1st      Runners Up      N/A         10950      Promotion!
2036/37   Ferros       Primera Division  Argentina    2nd/2nd     WINNERS        N/A         15309    Copa Argentina Win!
2037/38   Ferros       Primera Division  Argentina    1st/1st     WINNERS      WIN/QF        16102      Won Treble!
2038/39  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         2nd       WINNERS        N/A         38241     Copa del Rey Win!
2039/40  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         1st       5th Rnd      WINNERS       39250      Won Double!
2040/41  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       39330      Clean Sweep!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why you're thinking about a move now, you've just cleared up and had a brilliant season the year before so it can get stale, especially in a journeyman career and this stage of it time starts getting precious which is why I eventually had to accept that Russia wasn't doing much in my time at Spartak (obviously my situation is a little different because I have to think about the main goal in the save)

Best of luck no matter what you decide :thup:

deltablue - Cheers fella :D

Dexter_Morgan - Thanks mate :D In the end,I've decided to resign from Espanyol and I've dived straight into the deep end with a club with no history or staff :lol:

After the successful season I just had at Espanyol,I decided to call time on my reign and end on a high.

123fbb6c-c3a8-4d97-b2f9-4380ab592431_zpsc61b6709.jpg

I wanted to challenge myself so I decided to apply for bottom tier teams and Olginatese were first to offer me a job so I took it!

3f1f2814-931c-498b-bcbc-fc7826a629c1_zpsf862abf6.jpg

download3_zpsb49d7455.jpg

My aim is simple,hire some staff,get some players in and avoid relegation.I have a £74k transfer budget and £2.5k remaining for wages.We have fairly good facilities as both training and youth are rated at a average level but we have an extremely small stadium which holds 1000.This is going to be fun and I can't wait to get stuck in!

deltablue - Cheers fella :D I felt it was needed to keep the save fresh,this current club will see me here in the region of 5-10 seasons so this will be more of a challenge for me.

b101 - Thanks mate :D I like the idea of bringing success to the Lombardy region and overthrowing both Milan clubs!

Cheers fella :D I think I should be okay and around the mid-table area at worse.I'm actually quite surprised with the new manager at Espanyol,he sold a player for £9 million which I couldn't even sell for £2.5 million!

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - Pre-Season 2041/42

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Two left the club who really cannot be classified as footballers as they were some of the worst I have ever seen.The attacking side of things was quite good when I came to the club but the defensive side of things left,a lot to be desired but that is now sorted as all the players I signed were for the defensive positions but they will need to be improved in the next couple of seasons.The only signing not to be defensive was Gianluca Suarino who will help with the attacking options for the wing and up front.

Pre-Season Fixtures

407e9e99-c976-43cd-ab1c-e7abc961a8d1_zps3e1fcd7d.jpg

To be fair,not really bothered by the results in pre-seasons as the team are still getting used to my formation and I was in the middle of signing players so we should be significantly better by the start of the season.

The Team

Tactics - Team Report

Key Players

Giacomo Casini - DRC

Claudio Falsettini - MC

AlessioDallera - ML/AML

Nico Nacci - ST

Quite the mix of youth and experience which will be handy for the first season at the club,Casini as good as he is a player will make one hell of a backroom member of staff once I'm allowed more coaches,for now I hope his experience will come in handy on the pitch.Dallera seems very comfortable in the AML position and he is by far the stand out player for it as well,the only problem I have with him is that he can make a cross but can't take a corner!Falsettini and Nacci were both here when I arrived and are the two that I am looking to build the team around in the short term,Falsettini has the potential to be a decent Serie B player while Nacci can become a leading Serie B player so it is very important that I keep them at the club for a while.

Manager's Thoughts

For the first time in a while,I am extremely excited about playing a season as it isn't very often that you come across a club who have won nothing,let alone having their first time in the 4th tier which is their highest ever!I am excited about building this club up to be the best in Italy,then Europe and the World as I feel this could be my last club in FM13 (unless I get sacked!).The board expect us to fight against relegation but I honestly believe we can get mid-table in the first season but also we could possibly be the dark horses of the division as I don't think people will expect us to do much but I will prove them wrong.We really need to get out of this division ASAP as finances at this level could be a real problem,especially as we have the smallest stadium in the division so getting out is the most important thing as that should help increase the attendances with success being bought to the club.

I've signed a contract till 2044,it is more then likely that I will be at the club longer than that unless I get sacked or the board just don't want me here!We have a good set of facilities as they are both rated at average so that is pretty good for this level.The only thing which needs work is the stadium as it holds 1000 people which is extremely low,we need to get out of the division to help boost the chances of a new stadium,one day we will reach a five figured stadium!As for this season,we kick off in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro in which the board just want us to learn from experience but I am looking to give some teams a fright at least,we will survive this season that I am pretty sure of.I don't even think we will be close to the playout system,let alone relegation.I'm here to stay so bring it on!!!

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - August 2041

Fixtures

97f90c47-5824-4113-b5ab-13e0e69440f2_zps11ef11b9.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

The past month saw us play a friendly and our first competitive action of the season as we competed in the Copa Italia Lega Pro.To be honest,I actually forgot to cancel the friendly as I didn't want a friendly game between competitive fixtures,we won and got through it without any injuries which was a relief.The 2-0 scoreline against Vallee d'Aoste actually flattered the opposition as we bossed the game from start to finish but it took us near enough the whole game to finish them off.The 2-1 victory against Portogruaro was the opposite as we were battered by the recently relegated side,it was a great defensive display from the team and a counter attack which ended with Nacci scoring the winner as we showed we can hold our own against the strongest in the group.

September sees the league kick off as we play five games.We lock horns against Foligno,Gavorrano,Sorrento,Aversa Normanna and a birthday fixture against Paganese.Going by Media prediction,the games against Sorrento and Paganese are going to be the two toughest as the media have predicted them 1st and 2nd so if I can cause an upset in these two then their is a fair chance we can claim the dark horse tag.Foligno and Aversa Normanna are predicted 5th and 6th so it is a tough opening for us but if we can negate through these teams then anything is possible.I will be looking to secure a few teams as I know we can,as long as we stay outside of the playout zone is fine by me.The only thing we will find out in regards to the Coppa Italia Lega pro is who we will face in the 1st round which commences in October.Let's get the party started!

I forgot all about the Coppa Italia Lega Pro and the amount of games you have to play at this level, it is a pain in the backside sometimes as I have found out in the past with much bigger sides and better quality squads than Olginatese, at least you have a few wins on under your name to get some momentum going :thup:

With it being very far in the future,at the moment there doesn't seem to be too much difference between 5th and 16th which is quite encouraging as it could be tight,the top four however seem to be a step up but we did beat Portogruaro who are 3rd favourites for their division.Hopefully we can carry the momentum into the league!

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - September 2041

Fixtures

d0a05a55-f85c-4712-8321-d3db06e02f68_zps144767ce.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zps187a5f2c.png

Manager's Thoughts

The past month saw us play our first five fixtures in 2a Divisione Girone B and I am pleased to say it has gone very well with ten points from five games and sitting in 4th place which shows we can match some of the best in the league.We were very comfortable in the victories over Foligno and Gavorrano as we clinched two 2-0 victories.Even though we lost to Sorrento,we made it a battle which is encouraging seeing as Sorrento are the media favourites to win the league so losing by a single goal is no great shame.The victory against Aversa Normanna was very pleasing as we fought back from being a goal down to clinch a 2-1 victory thanks to a brilliant second half.The final game against Paganese who are the 2nd favourites for the league was disappointing,by that I mean the whole game was as there were seventeen shots in total and only one managed to be a shot on target so it was a pretty abysmal match.With all that said and done,I am happy with sitting in 4th place as we have already surpassed some teams points total in the past!

October is here and we have been presented with five games which could be increased to six depending on the result of the Coppa Italia Lega Pro,we will face Foligno in the 1st round and if we win that then we will have the massive challenge of Salernitana (Serie C1B) or Venezia (Serie C1A),we could win the 1st round but the 2nd round looks quite out of reach!The league sees four games as we face Borgo a Buggiano,Olympia Agnonense,Virtus Lanciano and Valle d'Aoste.This is actually a easier month then last month as both Borgo a Buggiano and Olympia Agnonense are struggling in the league in the relegation zone.I've already faced Valle d'Aoste this season so I know what they are fully capable of and know we can win if we play to our best.Virtus Lanciano on the other hand are a surprise package so far,they sit in 2nd place but they are predicted for a mid-table position so at the moment they are very dangerous,the only advantage we have is that we are playing at home so I'm hoping they are not used to playing in such a small stadium!My main hope is that our form carries out throughout the month so we have a shot at a playoff spot!

b101 - Cheers fella :D Nice n Spicy Nik Naks are amazing!

cerud - They better be,it's not often a world class manager decides to take charge of a local side :D

Animosama - Cheers fella :D

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - October 2041

Fixtures

94d95789-b983-4755-821b-7676ec915465_zpsc590ff28.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zpsc965d9d6.png

Manager's Thoughts

An excellent month all around as we took massive strides in the league and cemented ourselves as challenges.First up the Coppa Italia Lega Pro,we easily took apart Foligno 4-0 in the first round as we dominated them,we lost to Venezia in the next round but we gave them a battle so we went out with our head held high against a bigger and better (for now!) team.The first two league games saw us destroy Borgo a Buggiano and Olympia Agnonense as they put up very little resistance as we crushed them.We fought a very tough battle with Virtus Lanciano and came out with a point from a 2-2 draw which I didn't think would happen.The final game of the month saw Nico "Nik Nak" Nacci hit a hat-trick against Vallee d'Aoste as we left the month in 3rd place in with every intention of taking this right down to the wire!

November sees us play four games,all of which come in the league.We face Fondi (9th),Rosignano Sei Rose (17th),Este (13th) and Isola Liri (8th).These games don't seem difficult on paper but we cannot afford to let up as we have quite a difficult December coming up so it is important we get points now.Fondi and Isola Lira will probably be the more trickier of the teams with the latter apparently punching above their own weight so we have to be careful of them.Este are under achieving so I will look to take advantage of any woes they have as we have the home advantage against them.As for Rosignano Sei Rose,they are struggling near the bottom and are actually one of the teams who got promoted to the division with ourselves so I will show them no mercy that we are now a much better side then they are!

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - November 2041

Fixtures

ff160db3-151b-4329-955e-ddfc3bbf8528_zps6e24fe8b.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zps4c853165.png

Manager's Thoughts

Our phenomenal league form continue as we wracked up another four wins which actually sees us challenging for the top spot.We struggled to get past Fondi as we had Falsettini sent off for two bookable offences but a late winner was enough for three points.We easily pushed aside Rosignano Sei Rose as they were really not a threat to us as they showed why they are in the relegation zone.The Este game was shocking as I thought we could win if we played to our best but I didn't think we would destroy them as Nacci and Dallera hit hat-tricks!The final game of the month was one we didn't deserve to win,if I'm honest,we didn't even deserve to draw either,Dallera scored the only goal of the game as we held on for the most part as we finished the month in 2nd place!

December brings us another four fixtures which will take us to the halfway point for the season and it is a pretty tough month for us as we face a couple of strong teams.We kick off the month against Brindisi (8th) before locking horns with Celano (14th),Martina Franca (5th) and Virtus Entella (1st).I will be looking to pick some points up to help keep up the challenge for a promotion spot but I know this will be the toughest month for a while as we face three of the top eight and that will give us a clear indication of where we could expect to finish.

b101 - Nik Nak has been quite sensational for us,already hit 16 goals this season!

Dexter_Morgan - I think I've surprised even myself as I didn't expect to be sitting 2nd come the end of December.

Raware - Cheers fella :D

ashton321 - Thanks mate :D

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - December 2041

Fixtures

c5f0f271-0e42-42bb-a25c-304bf155330a_zpsc74e004d.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zpseff00ea7.png

Manager's Thoughts

December saw us win three of the four games but lose for the 2nd time in the league.We battered Brindisi in the first game with a 4-1 victory as they didn't know what hit them.The Celano saw us perform a hit and run as Nacci scored the only goal in a game we didn't deserve to draw let alone win!We completely hammered Martina Franca but could only managed to win 2-1,we were that dominate,the scoreline actually flattered the opposition so from the match,I was disappointed with our finishing.The Virtus Entella game was a reality check as they completely battered us and gave us the defeat we deserved,I'm more surprised it took this long to get a second loss in the league.It is however great to see that at the end of the calender year,we sit in 2nd and will be looking to fight it out for a promotion spot!

The new year is here and we kick the second half of the campaign off with a home tie against Foligno.During the month of January we will also face Gavorrano,Sorrento and Aversa Normmana.Quite a tough month on paper as both Foligno and Sorrento are sitting in the playoff spots and will be our rivals for a promotion spot as it is still pretty close in the league.If we can get victories over those two teams then it will give us a bit of momentum as we go into the final stages of the season.Gavorrano and Aversa Normmana on the other hand are struggling to fight relegation and are both struggling at the moment so I will be looking to take advantage of their poor form and clinch victories.Hopefully after January,we will see a better picture of what could happen for the rest of the season!

elbilly - Thanks mate :D Your right with your assessment of it's going to be tight,hopefully we can pull something off in the next 13 games!

AK22 - Your talking to a guy who took over Sunderland in the BSBP and left Bayern Munich to manage in South Africa :D It does seem to be a good challenge and I feel this is a club that I will end my FM13 career at! (Unless I'm sacked! :lol:)

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - January 2042

Fixtures

aa9ea20f-10c0-4b7f-9d90-c83a7b5f74c3_zpsd981bf65.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zpscd22487a.png

Manager's Thoughts

We weren't at our best during January but we still managed to pick up eight points which keeps us 2nd place and still challenging for a promotion spot as this looks set to go right down to the wire.The Foligno was a dead even affair so it was pretty tight that Foligno lost out as a draw would have been a fair result but who am I to complain as we took the three points.We were definitely not at our best against Gavorrano as we scraped a draw while we stole a victory against Sorrento with Nacci scoring the vital goal of the game.The last game of the month saw us drop another two points as we drew against Aversa Normanna but we were extremely lucky to escape with a draw as we were battered from start to finish and were lucky to come out with a point.Thirteen games to go,two points between the top three and it looks like it will be an extremely close finish to the season.

Four more games for February as we face off against Paganese,Borgo a Buggiano,Olympia Agnonese and Virtus Lanciano.The highlight of those fixtures is the game against Virtus Lanciano as they are one of the teams we are facing in the race to promotion,the major advantage to us is the fact that we face them at home so hopefully home advantage will help.Paganese are currently in mid-table but the are dangerously close to the Playout zone while Borgo a Buggiano and Olympia Agnonese are both in the relegation zone with the latter looking like they are already down as they leak goals on a very frequent basis.Ideally we need to pick up a minimum of seven points from the month to help with the race for promotion although we will need to do everything in our power to get a result against Virtus Lanciano as that will help massively.Come end of February,hopefully we will be a bit more secure in 2nd place!

I think we may be able to do it but I think the Virtus games will help decide where we finish.That Sunderland side was ridiculous,I never had a team score over 100 points and come in 2nd place before :lol:

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - February 2042

Fixtures

04d9417d-c605-4fec-9517-2ce13f6aeaa7_zpsa6bd6fd3.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zps2a41dae9.png

Manager's Thoughts

Pretty annoying month as we dropped four points in the league and we end of the month is the same situation as the last month,in 2nd place with things extremely close!We were sloppy against Paganese and we ended up losing but we cannot afford to drop points like we did as we are challenging for a automatic promotion spot.The games against Borgo a Buggiano was a much better performance while we destroyed Olympia Agnonese with an emphatic 6-1 victory with Rudy Gallo having an unfortunate game as he scored two own goals!The game against Virtus Lanciano ended up with me receiving a touchline ban,we missed a penalty at the beginning of the game but we were 2-1 up in the 84th minute after a late goal by Nacci,the hosts then received a last minute penalty and equalised much to my annoyance which went into the press conference and got a touchline ban!

March gives another four games but thankfully this time,they are slightly easier than last months.We face off against Vallee d'Aoste (14th),Fondi (12th),Rosignano Sei Rose (18th) and Este (11th).This could be the month which we can turn things in our favour as we look to cement a place in the top two for a automatic spot.We have home ties against Vallee d'Aoste and Rosignano Sei Rose in which I hope we can take full advantage of the opposition struggling although I have a touchline ban for the game against Vallee d'Aoste.Fondi will be a difficult game as they are underachieving while I am not expecting us to repeat our 6-1 win against Este but any win will do.Also for March we have the Youth Candidates coming through and our system is very empty so I am hoping for some quality to help keep the wages down!

After one game in March,Virtus Entella lost while ourselves and Virtus Lanciano won so we are in 1st with 59 points with both Virtus Lanciano and Virtus Entella with 58 points,eight games left to play!

I know the standards of Lega Pro Seconda Divisione are pretty shocking but this takes the mick :D

OlginateseYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zps3cf7719a.png

Needless to say,if Confalonieri,Ciampoli,Soldo,Piantoni and Cortesi sign for us then I will be fast tracking them to the first team!

Olginatese - 2a Divisione Girone B - March 2042

Fixtures

2cbb55e1-9c42-4a3e-96cd-f032e0ef5d8f_zps89d18a02.jpg

League Table

LegaProSecondaDivisioneGironeB_OverviewStages_zps595a8ad8.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three wins and a loss for March leaves us sitting in 1st place,just two points ahead of third with five games to go!The assistant was in charge for the Vallee d'Aoste and he did well as he recorded a 3-1 win,looks like I got away with the touchline ban.The Fondi game was remarkable as we won 5-0 despite the game being pretty even so our finishing was exceptional.No surprises in the win over Rosignano Sei Rose as they are one of the whipping boys of the division,we were unlucky not to score more then five but it helps in the bid for promotion.The game against Este was completely shocking as we were poor from start to finish as Este ran out deserved victors which meant we couldn't really take advantage of any slip ups as we left the month with a gap of two points.Too close for comfort.

April begins the period known as squeaky bum time as we play four games and with two points separating us and third place,things may take many twist and turns.The four games we play this month are against Isola Liri (6th),Brindisi (8th),Celano (12th) and Martina Franca (5th).I don't think we could have asked for a tougher month as face three of the top eight teams and this will make or break us,we need to win the games against Isola Liri and Celano as they are the home games for us in April while we need positive results against Brindisi and Martina Franca to help keep in contention for an Automatic spot.This will take our tally to 33 games for the season,hopefully we can come out on top of any mistakes.Wish me luck!

The top five have the potential to be decent Serie B players in the future so that is encouraging,I probably would have liked more defenders to come through though!

We've been subjected to takeover rumours for a few months now and it has finally happened!

c62d2f40-35ec-431f-9c0f-cbb511f60d0c_zps4320e073.jpg

The chairman has given us nothing other than a £259k loan,he also hails from Uruguay and brings a director with him.Well at least things are looking up for now!

Archived