The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

download3_zpsb49d7455.jpg

Olginatese - 1a Divisione Girone A - February 2043

Fixtures

e5fd9bfd-74ee-4f47-93b7-bdef4ab3d9d6_zps50d58c50.jpg

League Table

LegaProPrimaDivisioneGironeA_OverviewStages_zpsfa56a042.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well this surprised even me,I knew we could win the home games but I thought we struggled with the away games but to my surprise,we demolished both Como and Pro Patria.We did struggle with the games against Capri and Vicenza but we managed to beat them both by a single goal which was good enough thankfully.Como were battered left,right and centre as they could not cope with us as we ran riot and ran out 4-1 winners.The Pro Patria game was a weird one as they battered us in the first half before we came back and knocked them out,bit like a Rocky fight!We are in 2nd place but we are equal on points and games with Mantova so this will be going right down to the wire and the games are now running out!

We have six games in March,four of those are in the league and two are in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro.In the Coppa Italia Lega Pro semi final,we will face are division and title rivals Mantova,interesting to note is that I have not beat them this season so hopefully we can change that in the semi final.In the league we face Reggiana,Alto Adige,Padova and Chievo.May be quite tough as we face three teams fighting against relegation in Padova,Chievo and Reggiana while Alto Adige are in the playoffs so all four are fighting for something.We need positive results as we need to keep the pressure on Mantova in the league as we cannot afford to slip up with it being so close in the league between the two of us.March also brings the youth intake,hopefully we can have a few good youth players to help with the squad depth,the areas in particular I need are ST,MC and defensive players.Hopefully we can kick it up a notch till the end of season!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coppa Italia Lega Pro semi-final 2nd leg......What a way to finally get a win over Mantova!!!

MantovavOlginatese_OverviewOverview_zpsdf4882d9.png

Oliverio on the other hand will have the book thrown at him as that is his 3rd red card of the season!

Olginatese - 1a Divisione Girone A - March 2043

Fixtures

3ac97377-3678-4736-930e-3a44a5ed5990_zps7dc58635.jpg

League Table

LegaProPrimaDivisioneGironeA_OverviewStages_zpsd22003c7.png

Manager's Thoughts

We'll start with the Coppa Italia Lega Pro as I am proud to say we made it through to the final,we played Mantova in the semi-final who we had not beaten all season.We drew 1-1 at home which was probably a fair result,the second leg saw us have less possession and less shots than Mantova but we won 7-0 to give us an 8-1 aggregate victory,what a way to record your first win over Mantova.The League saw us start March poorly before finishing strongly,we drew with Reggiana in a game we should of won as we were the much better side.We lost to Alto Adige in a game where the whole team (bar Nacci) played poorly.We picked things up against Padova before hammering Chievo which saw a debut goal from Rocco Luzzardi who came through this years candidates and is already better than Nacci!We sit in 2nd and are five points behind Mantova and with six games left,it is going right down to the wire.

April is the beginning of the end of the season.We have a two legged cup final to play as we face Bari in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro!Bari are quite a solid team as they sit in 3rd place in Lega Pro Prima Division Girone B so it will be completely stupid if we underestimate them but I feel we can clinch our first bit of silverware ever!We have four league games to play as we face Pavia,Treviso,Bassano and Venezia.Pavia are still fighting for their lives so they will give it all they have against us to help with survival.Treviso are in the playoff zone and will give us our toughest game but I think they are now out of the title race,we need a positive result against them as it may blow it for us!Bassano and Venezia are in the middle of the table but they are not safe as both are dangerously close to the playout zone so I am expecting a very difficult month for us but hopefully we can do better than Mantova to try and close the gap!

Olginatese - 1a Divisione Girone A - April 2043

Fixtures

7303b643-952c-492a-ac13-ac14518227ba_zps61dfc5ff.jpg

League Table

LegaProPrimaDivisioneGironeA_OverviewStages_zps8501d5f9.png

Manager's Thoughts

The big news from April is that we had to build a shelf for a trophy as we won the Coppa Italia Lega Pro which is our first trophy in our history,we drew 1-1 at Bari and drew 0-0 at home so we won the competition on away goals!We won all four of our league games and we closed the gap on Mantova to three points with two games left.We easily beat Pavia 4-0 with youngster Luzzardi getting another two goals.Nico Nacci was the star in the next three league games as he hit six goals in three appearances which included a vital brace and a vital hat-trick against Bassano and Venezia.With two games left it is very tight but we are at a slight disadvantage as the main way to settle the same points is head to head results and we failed to win against Mantova in the league so one win from them and it is the playoffs for us!

May is here and with two games left against Lumezzane and Feralpi Salo,all I can hope is that we win both our games and Mantova completely screw there's up and fail to win either of them otherwise we will have to settle for the playoffs.I will get on my knees and pray to the footballing gods that Mantova screw it up or our season will be extended again due to playoffs!

Olginatese - 1a Divisione Girone A - May and June 2043

Fixtures

258b2a93-0305-4569-b488-83bc8aa58fe2_zps9e1bea8d.jpg

League Table

LegaProPrimaDivisioneGironeA_OverviewStages_zpsa808e46d.png

Manager's Thoughts

To be fair,I knew it was an outside shot of winning the title but it only took one game to condemn us to the playoffs despite beating Lumezzane 3-0!Knowing I was in the playoffs,I fielded all 15 and 16 year olds in the 1-0 defeat to Feralpi Salo,they escaped with the three points,if we finished our chances then we could have possibly won.The playoff semi-final saw us face Alto Adige,both games were fairly close but we won both legs 2-1 and 3-1 to give us a 5-2 aggregate victory.In the playoff final,we face 3rd placed Treviso,I honestly thought it would be two very tough games but I was wrong as we pretty much ended the tie in the first leg as we won 6-1!The second leg was a case of getting through the match without doing anything stupid,we won the 2nd leg 1-0 to give us a 7-1 aggregate victory to win promotion to Serie B!The annoying thing about this season is that 69 points was enough to win the title in 23 of the last 30seasons in this division which is ridiculous!

Serie B here we come!!!!

Cheers fella :D It's kind of annoying I miss out on the title due to 1 team being a freak of nature!For the most part they are good enough players despite being so young (mainly 15-21) but I will need players in the DC and MC positions as well as more experienced players for back up.At the moment I'd say we are able to survive and possibly push mid table.

We are going to take a financial hit in the short term as we've had this announcement.

e6638ba0-5f25-407f-aa23-5f9775fb7c1e_zps20f82c12.jpg

Holds 9,900 and we will move into it at the end of next season so we will have to play in Serie B in our current stadium but at least it is a sign of ambition.

deltablue - The loans should be okay for this season,we have two loans which are £1.1k a month (from takeover,paid off 18/4/2062!) and £32.5k a month (stadium,paid off 11/6/2058) but TV rights for Serie B is £828k so we are pretty covered for this season at least.

ashton321 - Cheers fella :D I don't think the loan is much of a problem,I had worse finances when I was managing Chivas :lol:

Cheers fella :D As for attracting a few good players,doesn't seem to be happening yet.Need to get more scouts in which will be a massive help.Still also regarded as a local club and rated at 0.5* which makes us the 2nd biggest 0.5* team in Italy :lol:

Olginatese - 1a Divisione Girone A - End of Season 2042/43

2042/43 Transfers

Seven players left the club on free transfers over the course of the season as they were not good enough for first team football and they were moaning about wanting first team action so I let them go.Six players came in who could strengthen the depth of the team,players such as Brana and Sellan would actually increase the strength of the first XI as we would look to fight off relegation.

Competitions

1a Divisione Girone A

League Table - Playoff Semi-Final - Playoff Final

We did extremely well in the league as we came 2nd placed when I thought we would be fighting relegation.The annoying thing about coming 2nd this season,we scored enough points to win the league in 23 of the last 30 seasons,this is getting to be a familiar thing with the club as it happened last season as well.We had the best defence in the league as well as the 2nd best attack but a massive thanks goes to Nico Nacci who hit 29 goals in the league stage!In the playoffs semi-final,we faced off against Alto Adige,they gave us two challenging games but we edged both of them with 3-1 and 2-1 victories which gave us a 5-2 aggregate as we moved on to the final.In the final we were up against 3rd placed Treviso,we pretty much ended the tie after the first leg as we destroyed Treviso 6-1 on their own turf,the second leg saw us maintain our professionalism and win 1-0 to give us a 7-1 aggregate victory and promotion to Serie B!

TIM Cup

Semi-Finals

All I can really say is that I am proud of the team's run in the TIM Cup,we beat Siena,Udinese,Crotone and Modena in the qualifying rounds who were all Serie B teams while we were a third tier team.I honestly thought it was over in the first round as we face off against Juventus,they battered us for the most part but we still stunned the 2nd biggest team in Italy as we knocked them out 1-0.The quarter final against Perugia had to be played twice,originally we beat them 3-0 but the laptop crashed to my annoyance,the second time we drew 3-3 with them and knocked them out 3-0 on penalties but at least justice was served!The semi-final saw us face Inter Milan in a two legged affair,even though we lost 1-0 on aggregate,we went out fighting which is more than I hoped for.This run was also extremely helpful for the finances which is a massive plus.

Coppa Italia Lega Pro

Winners

We beat Virtus Entella in the first round as both teams played out a thriller as we won 7-4 (was 2-2 after 90 minutes).The 2nd round was more straight forward as we easily beat Padova 3-0 to move onto round 3.The 3rd round was four groups of three teams,we topped our group with four points as we drew with Ascoli and beat Capri to move onto the semi-final.In the semi-final we faced our bogey team Mantova who we had not beaten in the league,we drew the first leg 1-1 before we went to Mantova and finally beat them,we did it in style as we won 7-0 to give us an 8-1 aggregate victory over our bogey team.We faced off against Bari in the final,was two pretty dire games to be fair but because we drew 1-1 in the away leg and drew 0-0 at home,we won the competition on away goals but for me,any win is a win.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 42/43 - Overall Best XI.

A quick look at the Player Stats for the season.

Top Scorer

Nico Nacci - 42 Goals

Had a remarkable season as he topped the scoring chart with 42 goals as well as provide 15 assists in his 48 appearances for the season,his average rating came in at 7.82.As good as he is,he is actually in danger of being overtaken in terms of being first choice as we have had a player through who is already better than him in current ability and potential ability and Nacci has the potential to be a decent Serie A player!Despite his future,he was a hit this season and his performance saw him pick up Miglior Giocatore dell'Anno,Capocannoniere and Fans Player of the Year.

Most Assists

Alessio Boni - 26 Assists

Came through the youth system in the 2041/42 season and made an impact in his first full season playing for the club.He made 48 appearances (28 of those coming on as a sub),scored 8 goals and provided 26 assists while averaging at 7.27 which is a respectable rating for someone who spent more time coming on as a sub than he did starting.He will probably start more games next season as he is rated as a potential leading Serie B player so he is another who can make the step up to a higher division.He is attracting a lot of attention form other Serie B clubs such as Benevento,Sampdoria and Torino with Torino putting in a offer for co-ownership which was rejected.Has a bright future and will be a lot of use for next season.

Special Mention

Amedeo Sellan

Sellan joined the club on a free transfer after he left Livorno due to lack of opportunities and not the right status he wanted.He is an excellent central defender as well as defensive midfielder and has the potential to be a leading Serie B player in the future.He made 52 appearances last season and scored six goals while averaging at 7.38 for the season.Was a rock in the heart of defence this season and will be a key part of the defence for the next few seasons as we look to cement ourselves as a Serie B side.

Manager's Thoughts

What an amazing season,I was hoping to survive relegation but we ended up get promoted via the play offs despite a ridiculous amount of points which is normally enough to win the league!I was dreading the step up to the third tier but it turns out it wasn't that much of a step up with the signings we had made during pre-season to help strengthen our team.We did extremely well in the TIM Cup making a fairy tail run to the semi-finals where we ended up losing to Inter Milan but at least we went out fighting.Our finances are okay at the moment as they sit at £1.4 million but they will more than likely deteriorate next season unless we can pull off another excellent cup run.Facilities remain the same but we will be moving to a new stadium in 2044 so we only have one more season at the 1,000 seater stadium before moving to the 9,900 seater stadium known as Olginatese Stadium!

No change to facilities due to having little money and the fact we are having a new stadium built which we will move into at the end of next season.We have a fairly decent squad already and we should be able to deal with life in Serie B,we do need to strengthen the DC and MC positions but we also need to get a third choice keeper in as we are lacking in these three areas.We do have a very young squad so maybe if we can get in some experienced players in that should help us quite a bit but it will take a few season to get used to Serie B as we do not have the pulling power and also we are still rated at 0.5* with a local reputation despite what we have pulled off this season.Let the fun and games begin!

Season       Club          Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       4th       3rd Rnd        N/A          1618     Playoff Defeat!
2013    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       1st         Q.F          N/A          3540     Playoff Vitors!
2014    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       4th       WINNERS        N/A          3707     FA Cup Winners!
2015    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       3rd       WINNERS      WINNERS        4233     Left 18/11/15
2015/16   Wigan Ath.     Championship     England       5th       6th Rnd        N/A         13218     Playoff Winners!
2016/17   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       8th      Runners Up      N/A         19551     Top half finish.
2017/18   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       5th*      3rd Rnd*       N/A         17379     Left in Dec 17
2017/18    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       5th Rnd     Group Stage    42445     League Winners!
2018/19    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       50024      Won Treble!
2019/20    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS     Semi-Final     53101    Resigned at E.O.S
2020/21  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st         Q.F        WINNERS       68158      Won Double!
2021/22  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       70368      Clean Sweep!
2022/23  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       69688      Clean Sweep!
2023/24   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       5th       WINNERS     Group Stage    12177     S.A Cup WINNERS!
2024/25   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       15289      Clean Sweep!
2025/26  Sunderland       BSB Premier     England       1st       2nd Rnd        N/A         13202       Promtion!  
2026/27  Sunderland     nPower League 2   England       2nd      Runners Up      N/A         16683    Promotion + JPT Win!
2027/28  Sunderland     nPower League 1   England       1st       5th Rnd      WINNERS       24439        Treble!          
2028/29  Sunderland      Championship     England       1st       6th Rnd      2nd K.O       27407      Won Double!        
2029/30  Sunderland      Premier League   England       2nd       WINNERS      WINNERS       37235      Cup Double!        
2030/31  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       48093     Won Quadruple!      
2031/32  Sunderland      Premier League   England       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       51438      Clean Sweep!       
2032/33   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico     12th/2nd   G.S/WINNERS      N/A         30182   Closing Stage Double!
2033/34   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       31838      Won Double!
2034/35   Chivas           Liga MX        Mexico      1st/1st       N/A        WINNERS       32639      Won Treble!
2035/36   Ferros          Nacional B     Argentina      1st      Runners Up      N/A         10950      Promotion!
2036/37   Ferros       Primera Division  Argentina    2nd/2nd     WINNERS        N/A         15309    Copa Argentina Win!
2037/38   Ferros       Primera Division  Argentina    1st/1st     WINNERS      WIN/QF        16102      Won Treble!
2038/39  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         2nd       WINNERS        N/A         38241     Copa del Rey Win!
2039/40  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         1st       5th Rnd      WINNERS       39250      Won Double!
2040/41  Espanyol         Liga BBVA       Spain         1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       39330      Clean Sweep!
2041/42  Olginatese    2a Divisione B     Italy         3rd         N/A          N/A          738      Playoff Victors!
2042/43  Olginatese    1a Divisione A     Italy         2nd        Semis         N/A          966      Playoff Victors!

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - Pre-Season 2043/44

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Three left the club as they are nowhere near good enough for Serie B and they were wanting first team action which would be a stupid decision if I was to give it them.For the players who came in,it didn't exactly go to plan as I wanted to bring a mix of youth and experience in but the experience cost far too much in wages so we only managed to bring the youth in.These are excellent players who will help improve the club massively.Diallo and Spina join us with previous experience of some experience in top leagues,whereas Iasoni and Trufelli have caps for Italy u21's and Trufelli won both of his playing in the 4th tier!

Pre-Season Fixtures

f2d8103e-4ec3-4992-a553-e38f632a1e4e_zps4ab40f5f.jpg

We did fairly well in them and that's why I was bringing in players and none of the games had my strongest team starting so it is a bit encouraging but the hard work starts now.

The Team

Tactics - Team Report

Key Players

Donato Brana - GK

Brana last year and played a massive part in keeping the opposition at bay and I will be looking for him to keep up his performances as we fight against relegation this season

Marco Trufelli - DC

Trufelli was a hidden gem,my new scout actually recommended him in his first report and to my surprise he had two u21 caps while playing for a tier four side!He will be a massive player for us this season and he only cost us £300k which is a bargain for someone who can eventually play in any top flight European league

Giammario Spina - MC/AMC

Spina is an unusual one,he has Serie A experience for Catania but left the club as he wasn't getting his way with his contract and left the club so we signed him to a Key Player status and a small pay rise.He actually turned down Palermo and Sampdoria who had just been relegated to Serie B to join us but I have high hopes for him in the future.

Rocco Luzzardi - AML,ST

Luzzardi is a prodigy,he came through the youth system last season and was already better than Nacci for current ability and Nacci is a damn good finisher.I did give Luzzardi some time last season as he made nine appearance (seven as sub) and scored four goals.He is attracting alot of attention from around Europe but it is vital we keep as he can become one of the best players Italy has seen due to his potential to be a leading Serie A player!

Manager's Thoughts

I've done all I can during pre-season even though it didn't go to plan due to some of the insane wage demands players wanted,my world class rep as a manager as definitely helped for the players we have bought in which has strengthened the team massively.I feel we are good enough to avoid relegation and possibly push up towards mid-table but I think above that is just a bit too much for us this season as some of the teams that have come down and ridiculously strong like Palermo,Sampdoria and Empoli who relelgated from Serie A last season.There are also the likes of Lecce and Napoli to deal with who are strong as well so it will take a couple of seasons to compete with those types of teams.

My main aim for this season is simple and that is to avoid relegation and build for the future from next season when we move into the new stadium as for this season we are still playing in a 1,000 seater stadium so I am expecting to set a new low for attendance figures.The facilities remain the same as we do not have the money to upgrade them and probably won't till we are in Serie A.I would like another good cup run this season to help keep the finances steady as the money will be really helpful while my other goal is to beat Mantova in the league due to them taking the title last season so I really do hope they suffer this season!The clubs reputation is still bad as we are regarded as a local side and with 0.5* reputation,hopefully surviving this season in Serie B will at least push into the 1* category!Relaxation is now over so time to show that we are no pushovers!

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - August 2043

Fixtures

29d6c9da-c23b-43cc-83f7-ce6b2ef99ad8_zps77429b1d.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zps476b018c.png

Manager's Thoughts

You know you've gone up too quick and your reputation sucks when teams a division below you are favourites to win the match,this was the case for the Cueno match in the TIM Cup,the opposition had very little to offer as we ran out 6-1 winners.Modena were next up in the 3rd qualifying round,I did field a weaker side in it and they still managed to edge the game 2-1 as we move on.Despite our start in the league,we have literally had our backs against the walls in both games so to sit in 5th after two games is surprising.The opposition in both games were the better team so to come out with points is a massive bonus,I know I am in for a long season but with having a young team,there is still a lot of development for them to go through so I can afford to have two or three seasons in Serie B.

September sees us play five games which all come in the league.We face off against Trapani,Brescia,Juve Stabia,Ascoli and Napoli.Out of those games,I think we may be able to get something out of the Trapani,Juve Stabia and Ascoli matches.These three teams are teams at a similar level to us so far,we face Trapani at home which is helpful whereas Juve Stabia have had a pretty rocky start so hopefully that will continue for them.Ascoli are a team I am familiar with as we faced them last season in the Coppa Italia Lega Pro,we drew 2-2 then but we are much stronger now than we were back then so I think I can pick up a win against another team tipped to fight against relegation.As for the Brescia and Napoli matches,I am not really going to hold my breath as they are much stronger than us,Brescia are the predicted for 6th while Napoli are predicted for 3rd and I can tell the difference between the smaller and bigger teams in term of quality.Lets hope for a few more points to keep us away from a relegation fight.

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - September 2043

Fixtures

405115b8-9b9d-4456-9275-a714bfdf3044_zps528415ae.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zpsf3d949ab.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a pretty good month as we picked up eight points from our five games.We easily bested Trapani and it could have been a much higher scoreline if we finished our chances as they were never really at the races.Our only loss came against Brescia in which I can't say I am too surprised as we were outclassed for the majority of the match.A very dull match saw us beat Juve Stabia 1-0 in which Luzzardi carried on his form to show he is one of the best youngsters.We finished the month of with two draws,we were unlucky not to win against Ascoli has we were easily better than them,the draw against Napoli was the total opposite as they were the much better team and we snatched a draw which I can honestly say we did not deserve a point!We sit in fifth at the moment but it is very close as one loss can drop us to mid-table so there is not much in it but we're keeping away from the relegation zone which is a plus.

October is quite a busy month with six fixtures to play and it's a pretty horrendous month!We kick off the month with a home fixture against Catanzaro who are flying high so I am not expecting too much from the game.We face Benevento and Sampdoria,I think we can beat Benevento but facing Sampdoria is another horrible fixture but at least I'm getting it out of the way so we should have some easier fixtures down the line.We also face Spezia,Torino and Crotone,Spezia are currently in the relegation zone so we need to win that game to keep wracking the points up so we will not be dragged down into a fight.Both Torino and Crotone are tricky games as they sit one point behind us,both of them have a worst defence than us so I think counter attacking will be a good option.By the end of October,we would have faced eight of the top ten which is relieving as it means we have easier games coming up.Can't wait for this month to end.

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - October 2043

Fixtures

f777747e-7397-4bff-95d6-669f71881750_zps7b909413.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zpscf20b73d.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well at least I can say we were consistent this month as in we consistently won at home and consistently lost when we were away.Surprisingly we beat the harder teams of Catanzaro and Sampdoria with the latter getting done in three times on set pieces!The annoying thing is that we lost to Benevento who were not even that good as we were terrible and lost to Spezia who were in the relegation zone.The away game at Crotone was annoying as we easily could have had something if we just finished our chances off.My favourite game of the month was definitely the Torino match,not only did we crush them,they also sacked the manager straight after the game so it looks like I was the final nail in his coffin!Even though we are in 8th,it is extremely close in the league with just three points separating 2nd and 8th but we are also only eight points ahead of the relegation zone so it is going to be pretty tight all season unless there are major changes in form from other teams.

November sees the return of the TIM Cup as we face Catanzaro away from home in the 4th qualifying round,I always seem to do better in cup competitions then I do in the league so I feel this is definitely winnable for us.We have the four league games this month as we face Cittadella,Lecce,Modena and Saussuolo.Going off the league table,we have some easier games such as Cittadella and Modena but that means nothing considering I lost to Spezia in October.Lecce will be our toughest challenge and I probably consider them our local rivals as they are the closet to us geographically.With how we played last month,I don't really have a clue how we will fair,I'll be happy as long as we keep collecting points as we need 50 points for guaranteed safety so we are nearly halfway there which is a good thing!

deltablue - It's also a lot closer than I thought it would be.For some reason I possibly see a record high for points and being relegated.

Dexter_Morgan - We have done quite well but at the moment,we need a bit more consistency!

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - November 2043

Fixtures

aa5fac7c-0efe-4918-b955-613fdd44ab41_zps7e41859d.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zps5372e9f5.png

Manager's Thoughts

The past month definitely saw us play Italian style football as there was very little scoring action and we were quite great defensively.The first two fixtures of the month were draws,we easily could have beat Cittadella but we could have easily lost to Lecce but points are points and I will take any at the moment.The last two league games of the month saw a very dull game against Modena which was settled by a Nacci strike while we hammered the Sassuolo goal but couldn't get any more than one in which Nacci got the winner in that as well.The other game of the month was against Catanzaro in the TIM Cup we were comfortable victors in the cup as we recorded our biggest win of the month which was 2-0.We will now face Parma in the first round which takes place in January.

We've reached the end of the calendar year as we've hit December,we finish off the first half of the league campaign with games against Mantova,Palermo,Barletta and Bari while we kick off the second half with a trip to Empoli.I really want to beat Mantova as they were the league winners last season and we failed to beat them so now we should be able to stamp our superiority on them.Not expecting much from the Palermo game as they are a much stronger side than us.Barletta and Bari should be easier games for us as they are both fighting against relegation but we need to play to our best as we have a tendency of messing things up against smaller teams.Empoli have really come back since sacking their manager so things will be difficult but we should be able to get a point against them.My hope for December is at least five points as that will keep us going well in the fight against relegation but we need to score goals as we are one of the lowest goal scorers in the league.

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - December 2043

Fixtures

fd3d59fe-360a-45f8-872d-1476b8fb76cb_zpsbaf2db32.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zpsc78537d0.png

Manager's Thoughts

It wasn't too bad of a month as we picked up eight points from five games which keeps us firmly in the top half.We beat Mantova which was my main aim as they beat us to the title last season,Luzzardi was the hero as he hit a hat-trick!We dropped a few points in the next few matches,we drew 3-3 with Palermo in a thriller where Luzzardi took the role of super sub quote superbly.We were disappointing in the defeat against Bari and we withstood a barrage against Empoli as we gained a creditable draw.We finished the month off in style as we thrashed Barletta 5-1 to end the month in style.The main thing I am pleased about is that we increased our goal scoring during the month and we still sit in the top half,I feel we need about 12 points from the next 20 games to ensure safety but I am pretty confident we can do that!

The new year is now here and we have three games at the moment but could rise to four (dependent on TIM Cup result),the highlight fixture of January is the first game of the month as we travel to Parma for the TIM Cup,they are surprising a lot of teams in Serie A as they sit behind Roma in the league which surprising so it will definitely be a tough challenge for us to overcome them,if we do somehow win then we will face Pisa or Atalanta in the quarter finals.In the league,we have two home fixtures against Brescia and Livorno,I have no idea what will happen as they are as inconsistent as us so both games will be up in the air so it should give the neutrals some entertainment in the process!

elbilly - Thanks mate :D Beating Mantova was definitely sweet,my 17 year old striker scoring a hat-trick against them made it even sweeter.

withnail316 - Next season will be the start of a new era for us,new stadium and more developed players will help us massively although Inter Milan could possibly relegated this season!

Dexter_Morgan - We are indeed,we also made it to the quarter finals in the TIM Cup and will face Pisa.I'll be proud of the lads if we come in the mid-table as there is always next season!

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - January 2044

Fixtures

c25c8708-3f09-414c-aecc-b1fd8f4b0ef8_zps851e93d4.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zpsae017757.png

Manager's Thoughts

We were supposed to play two league games during the month but the last league game which was supposed to be against Brescia ended up being postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.Our only league fixture came against Livorno and we were the better team so it was a fair result as we kept away from the relegation zone with a 3-1 win.We continued to show that we are cup specialists as we beat Parma (who are 2nd in Serie A!) on penalties in the first round before over coming Pisa in the quarter finals with a 2-1.Pisa are now one of the bigger teams in Italy,they have previously won the TIM Cup twice and currently sit in 3rd in Serie A so this was an impressive result as we were battered by them during the game but we've made the semi-final again so our finances are safe for a while!

February sees us play six games,five of those are in the league while the other is the first leg of the TIM Cup semi-final.The semi-final of the TIM Cup sees us face Fiorentina and once again,I am not expecting any miracles to happen so I will be happy if we can take the fight to them.The league sees us face Trapani,Juve Stabia,Ascoli,Napoli and Catanzaro.We should be able to beat Trapani who are sitting bottom of the league,on the flip side of things,I am not expecting anything in the game against Napoli.The games against Juve Stabia,Ascoli and Catanzaro are slightly trickier to predict as Catanzaro are overachieving while Ascoli are under achieving,we should be able to get something against Juve Stabia but we have a tendency of messing up against the poorer sides.Hopefully by the end of the month,we will be a few steps closer to guaranteed safety.

Olginatese - Serie B bwin - February 2044

Fixtures

39bca831-c221-41ad-8fbd-2fbcf404a9f7_zps0b99f737.jpg

League Table

SerieBbwin_OverviewStages_zpsb8b06839.png

Manager's Thoughts

I'll be honest,we struck lucky this month as other teams have done poorly,there is no other way about it as we dropped eight points in the league but we are still in contention for at least a playoff spot if not more.The major talking point was the Trapani game which set a new Serie B record for biggest win and even then they were still lucky!We beat them 7-0,hit the post twice and missed a penalty which Luzzardi took and then skied the rebound which was an empty net!The other league games were fairly even although drawing with Napoli was quite encouraging as they are clearly the best side in the league so I would take a draw against them.We are still in contention for the TIM Cup as we lost 2-1 to Fiorentina despite getting battered left,right and centre but at least our finances look good for now.It is going to be a very close finish as only 4 points separate 3rd and 9th so there is going to be a lot of twist and turns in the season finale!

Seven games in March which is quite hectic,we have a home tie against Fiorentina in the semi-final second leg in the TIM Cup,we may be 2-1 down but we are not out yet and I expect our players to give Fiorentina a fright so anything can happen.The league games sees us come up against Benevento,Brescia,Sampdoria,Spezia,Torino and Crotone.I really could have done without the Brescia game being rearranged due to a waterlogged pitch but there's nothing I can do about it.My aim is simple and that is to get the three points I need for guaranteed survival and the rest will be a added bonus.Although I am not contemplating really going all out for promotion as I may have to deal with both AC and Inter Milan as both teams sit in the relegation zone in Serie A and that would be a hinderence when it comes to next season!

elbilly - Cheers fella :D I agree,it is hellishly tight for a playoff spot,I think the most boring seasons I've played were when I was at Bayern :D

b101 - Not quite at the level when I won Europa League with Sunderland while in League 1 :lol:

Dexter_Morgan - Cheers fella :D I feel like it's going to be like that for the whole season as no one is happy with consistently winning.

deltablue - It could be a great year,there is now ten games left and it could be a thrilling climax to the season!

Archived