[FM13] Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

My project is Maranhão(Brazilian State) as an independent country. I've created the national leagues and cups, but I'm having problem with the Copa Libertadores Cup. I'm trying to fix it, but I didn't figured out what is causing this problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hesitant to call it a "regional" database because it's recognize by a whole bunch of countries, but I made a Kosovo database here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/345383-FM2013-2018-and-2022-World-Cup-stadia-Kosovo-national-team

The Kosovar national team starts in World Cup 2014 qualifying as the extra European team, so it's probably not compatible with some of the other regional dbs.

I chose the phrase "Regional" years ago as we were building nations from political, geographical or historical boundaries, commonly known as regions.

Since then of course we have been able to define regions in game and it has become a little confusing!

Has anyone done a regional database with crawley and brighton in it

Ray Parr

Nope, not that I know of anyway. What region are you looking for? Could you make it yourself? I have both a written and video guide as well as a template to make things nice and easy for new editors or those unfamiliar with this type of database.

See the first and second posts for the links.

• 2 weeks later...
just thinking if people were looking for nations to overwrite, wallis & futuna haven't played a game since 1998 yet are in the editor, also why is adding nation something to steer clear of

It is impossible, always a failed change, I add the 'add' button but it does nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbowman and I had a cracking little matchup. Lincs & Humber vs Canary Islands!

First match was played away. The Islands went two up with ease but Lincs & Humber made the game interesting after being given a penalty which was converted. The Canaries finally came good and made it 3-1 to seal a win in a match which was more even than the score line suggested.

The return leg was even closer, Lincs & Humber put up a fight and got themselves in front twice. More clinical finishing had the game end at 2-2, infact nearly every goal in both matches were "goal of the season" candidates.

Thanks again jimbowman UK for a great little matchup, sorry I didnt have time to play more.

I still hope to hold a "regional database world cup" this summer. We only need a handful of teams to make it fun too! I just need to see if the bugs still remain in the vs mode that stopped it last time as well as devise some better rules!

Jimbowman and I had a cracking little matchup. Lincs & Humber vs Canary Islands!

First match was played away. The Islands went two up with ease but Lincs & Humber made the game interesting after being given a penalty which was converted. The Canaries finally came good and made it 3-1 to seal a win in a match which was more even than the score line suggested.

The return leg was even closer, Lincs & Humber put up a fight and got themselves in front twice. More clinical finishing had the game end at 2-2, infact nearly every goal in both matches were "goal of the season" candidates.

Thanks again jimbowman UK for a great little matchup, sorry I didnt have time to play more.

I still hope to hold a "regional database world cup" this summer. We only need a handful of teams to make it fun too! I just need to see if the bugs still remain in the vs mode that stopped it last time as well as devise some better rules!

Here's the screenshots from the 2 matches

kZokr3c.png

ImzG8cD.png

Has anyone claimed dibs on a East Midlands database this year? I know I had an attempt last year or the year before but failed miserably due to getting the extinct nation set up. Apart from that, I should be ok at making it good enough and adding new teams that aren't playable in game. Obviously player wise would be interesting seeing as though the East Midlands has produced a number of good players over the years.

Has anyone claimed dibs on a East Midlands database this year? I know I had an attempt last year or the year before but failed miserably due to getting the extinct nation set up. Apart from that, I should be ok at making it good enough and adding new teams that aren't playable in game. Obviously player wise would be interesting seeing as though the East Midlands has produced a number of good players over the years.

Not as far as I know, have a go if you want! There are now video tutorials, written guides and a template to help get you started. It has never been easier!

Attempting a nation of the South East of England, called the United Republic of South East Counties. If anyone can come up with a good nickname it would be greatly appreciated.

Associated Regions of the South-East England would be better, then the nickname could be "The Bottoms"

Associated Regions of the South-East England would be better, then the nickname could be "The Bottoms"

Could you please explain the nickname? To be honest, I wanted to have South-East Counties and Republic in there. I've also been set back because there are massive gaps in SI's data entry. It has meant I've had teams fall through the filters, clubs with no city assigned and cities with no local region assigned, it's a right mess. I've now got to redo large parts of the league system as well. I'm tempted to load the 13.3 database and make a massive list of where they've mucked up later and submit it all to them but I don't want to do a load of work for SI because they've not done something they should have. Apparently Milton Keynes is in the East, not the South-East.

Could you please explain the nickname? To be honest, I wanted to have South-East Counties and Republic in there. I've also been set back because there are massive gaps in SI's data entry. It has meant I've had teams fall through the filters, clubs with no city assigned and cities with no local region assigned, it's a right mess. I've now got to redo large parts of the league system as well. I'm tempted to load the 13.3 database and make a massive list of where they've mucked up later and submit it all to them but I don't want to do a load of work for SI because they've not done something they should have. Apparently Milton Keynes is in the East, not the South-East.
the abbreviated name would be ARSE which is also called the bottom

Was it at least slightly humorous?

It made me smile.

Anyway I'm putting together a Republic of London db. I've got a couple of questions (more to come no doubt):

1) Obviously Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal will be the strongest teams. First season they would normally be in Europe as English clubs, by changing their nation will this stop them going into Europe or is there something else I need to do?

2) Can I put them in Europe first season anyway? How would I do that?

It made me smile.

Anyway I'm putting together a Republic of London db. I've got a couple of questions (more to come no doubt):

1) Obviously Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal will be the strongest teams. First season they would normally be in Europe as English clubs, by changing their nation will this stop them going into Europe or is there something else I need to do?

2) Can I put them in Europe first season anyway? How would I do that?

You can get them into Europe yes. Go to the competition tab, search for the competitions you want to edit.

Open the competition, then go Registered Teams (about half way down below Teams and Teams for Next Season), scroll to the bottom to find the Two teams from San Marino. Replace these with your teams.

Pretty simple going!

Can I ask if you are using our video guides and template?

Please do keep us up to date on your progress, its ALWAYS good to hear about projects and how they are progressing.

You can get them into Europe yes. Go to the competition tab, search for the competitions you want to edit.

Open the competition, then go Registered Teams (about half way down below Teams and Teams for Next Season), scroll to the bottom to find the Two teams from San Marino. Replace these with your teams.

Pretty simple going!

Can I ask if you are using our video guides and template?

Please do keep us up to date on your progress, its ALWAYS good to hear about projects and how they are progressing.

Thanks for that.

To expand on the question; by changing their nation will it de-register them for Europe automatically? And can I replace them with other English clubs to maintain the right numbers?

I have used the template and will be checking out the video when I get a chance.

I'll definitely keep you updated.

Thanks for that.

To expand on the question; by changing their nation will it de-register them for Europe automatically? And can I replace them with other English clubs to maintain the right numbers?

Not sure what you mean here, you don't change their nation, you are just removing them from the competition. If you have set it all up using CIS as a base and the continent is Europe and you have swapped San Marino's coefficients with your nations (all that should have been done in the template). then you should just be able to remove the San Marino teams from the Euro cups and replace them with the ones of your choice.

gogogo golem will be able to help as he helped me with it.

Might be a good idea to expand on your project, tell us some details etc. I also advise downloading and looking at my latest Lincs & Humber database as this is a good example to follow, it has all these things implemented along with many other things you might want to add.

I probably haven't explained myself well but I think I've got that all sorted in my head now. I'll definitely take a look at your Lincs & Humber db over the next day or so.

So here's the plan of what I'm doing:

It's a Republic of London db. Basically the whole area inside the M25 has become a seperate nation and of course a football league is needed.

I've identified around 100 clubs to go into the pyramid and these will be spread across 5 tiers. The top tier - RoL Premier is the current name but I'm hoping to come up with a catchier moniker - will have 16 clubs, the 2nd tier 18 and then 20, 20, 24 (all this is of course subject to change atm). The bottom tier will be very low rep so I may do it as unplayable. I'll be creating an FA Cup, League cup, a Super Cup, lower league cup. I'm also considering some 'rivalry cups' like they have in MLS. Also looking to build a British 'champions league' with the London, English, Scottish, Welsh & N.Irish champs all playing for a trophy.

Prize money and tv money will be good as you'd expect for London. Tax rules will be pretty low to attract players. To reflect Londons multicultural-ism, foreigner rules will be very relaxed also.

One of the challenges I see is setting the league rep right, obviously Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal are 8000+ rep clubs but the current lowest rep team in the top tier (Dartford) is around 1800 rep. I don't want to reduce the rep so much that there is a mass exodus from the top clubs but I don't want it unrealistically high due to the lower level clubs. Any suggestions?

Another challenge is to do with the 'region' of London. Do I need to get rid of this or can I change it so it is only relevant to my 'nation'?

Just to note that I intend to leave England playable by moving teams into the leagues to replace the London clubs. I've set Birmingham as capital of England and made Old Trafford their national stadium seeing as I'm claiming Wembley.

Any comments welcomed.

My spare time is somewhat limited so I think it'll be a fair few days before I've got something workable to test.

Just a quick update:

I've actually run my first test seasons tonight. There's only a few issues that I can spot but will obviously have to test even more strenuously after making those fixes.

I've changed the structure I listed above, top division is now 12 clubs playing each other 4 times. I've not set the rivalry cups as the teams are playing enough games as it is. I've also not set up the GB champs lge yet.

I'm also keen to get graphics done before I release.

Time willing I hope to have a first release ready by the middle of next week.

Time willing I hope to have a first release ready by the middle of next week.

Two bits of advice, don't rush it out... and... don't be afraid to release it with errors! We are all here to help each other.

I have a lot to thank gogogo golem for regarding fine tuning my file.

Yeah I'm not rushing. Just had some unexpected spare time. One issue I've had is the transfer window moving forward a day each year. Any ideas? Also the squad and match rules seem muddled. I put a squad rule of 4 HG players but it lists that as a match rule??

Yeah I'm not rushing. Just had some unexpected spare time. One issue I've had is the transfer window moving forward a day each year. Any ideas? Also the squad and match rules seem muddled. I put a squad rule of 4 HG players but it lists that as a match rule??

If you want an example of how to do transfer windows see my database. Not blowing my own trumpet or anything but the best place to see how something is done is to look at their work!

If you want an example of how to do transfer windows see my database. Not blowing my own trumpet or anything but the best place to see how something is done is to look at their work!

Thanks. I've done that now so fingers crossed next test run will see that sorted. I want to stop Chelsea appearing in the English community shield, I've changed the 2012 FA cup winner so do you think that will fix that? Also the English Capital 1 cup seems broken, it doesn't start.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I've done that now so fingers crossed next test run will see that sorted. I want to stop Chelsea appearing in the English community shield, I've changed the 2012 FA cup winner so do you think that will fix that? Also the English Capital 1 cup seems broken, it doesn't start.

I have moved the summer one back a little, it happens during european club competition qualification! Always worth checking for little clashes like that.

What about that? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaronesia You could add Cape Verde aswell. Or even Canaries and some Spanish Players like Pedro Rodriguez.

Nice idea!

But...

I ran into many problems with Cape Verde being included (World Cup and African Nations Cup), so I have decided to leave my nation as the two autonomous regions of Portugal - Azores and Madeira.

I have created the following leagues (hope my Portuguese is correct!):

Liga Atlântico - 12 clubs, play each other 3 times (33 games) - 12th Relegated, 10th/11th into Play-Off

Liga Dois Atlântico - 12 clubs with a split (22 games, then 10 games = 32 games) - 1st Promoted, 2nd/3rd into Play-Off with 10th/11th in Liga Atlântico, 3 relegated.

Liga Três Atlântico - all the remaining clubs (not playable)

There are also some cups - Madeira Cup, Azures Cup and an FA Cup... winner of Madeira and Azures Cup also meet in a Super Cup to start each season (this ensures both island groups are represented in the first game of the season).

I will no doubt change the above structure after I test it a bit - got to get the Portuguese leagues/cups working too!

The nation will simply be called Medeira Azores... unless another name appeals...

Nice idea!

But...

I ran into many problems with Cape Verde being included (World Cup and African Nations Cup), so I have decided to leave my nation as the two autonomous regions of Portugal - Azores and Madeira.

I have created the following leagues (hope my Portuguese is correct!):

Liga Atlântico - 12 clubs, play each other 3 times (33 games) - 12th Relegated, 10th/11th into Play-Off

Liga Dois Atlântico - 12 clubs with a split (22 games, then 10 games = 32 games) - 1st Promoted, 2nd/3rd into Play-Off with 10th/11th in Liga Atlântico, 3 relegated.

Liga Três Atlântico - all the remaining clubs (not playable)

There are also some cups - Madeira Cup, Azures Cup and an FA Cup... winner of Madeira and Azures Cup also meet in a Super Cup to start each season (this ensures both island groups are represented in the first game of the season).

I will no doubt change the above structure after I test it a bit - got to get the Portuguese leagues/cups working too!

The nation will simply be called Medeira Azores... unless another name appeals...

Nice idea, but I would change the name of the leagues. Probably you translated "league two" and "league three" to portuguese in the google translator and it doesn't sound right in the portuguese language. I would suggest for Liga Dois -> II Divisão or Segunda Divisão; Liga Três -> III Divisão ou Terceira Divisão. Or like the Portuguese League system: Liga Atlântico -> Superliga_____; Liga Dois -> Liga de Honra__________; Liga Três -> II Divisão_______. The rest seems alright. Nice job...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

I've started work on a regional database for the Kingdom of Sicily. This thread and nine_iron's videos have been extremely helpful, so thanks!

I used CIS as my base nation and, so far, have a 14 team Serie A that features the 14 Sicilian teams playing in Serie A-D. I'm planning on boosting the rep for the Serie D level teams a bit, so that things are a little more competitive. (Probably only to the level of teams in the Italian Serie C2.)

Unsurprisingly, Palermo and Catania dominate the league at the outset, although the progress of the smaller sides has been interesting to follow. Trapani and Milazzo quickly up their games, as do Acireale and Messina.

Next up will be Serie B and Serie C, comprised of the 32 two teams from the Eccellenza Sicilia and some Cup Competitions. Right now, I'm planning on putting the teams from the Promozione Sicilia (and those further down the pyramid) in non-playable leagues to flesh out the pyramid. I also have plans for a Coppa Sicilia, and perhaps a Supercup between the league and cup winners.

At some point I may give the competitions proper Sicilianu names. (Coppa di Ruggeru II anyone?) We'll see where this goes.

I didn't follow the basic rule of having the database saved at different stages... and I have now had a major crash. I don't know what is causing the crash so it is looking like death to Madeira-Azores.

My project is Maranhão(Brazilian State) as an independent country. I've created the national leagues and cups, but I'm having problem with the Copa Libertadores Cup. I'm trying to fix it, but I didn't figured out what is causing this problem.

My update is done - República do Maranhão

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/354326-FM-2013-Rep%C3%BAblica-do-Maranh%C3%A3o

Found the issue, you will kick yourself.....

Go into the editor, go to clubs, filter for all from north-east, highlight them all, mass edit on the details page to change the continental cup nation from england to north-east.

Should work then! Its a feature I am sure SI have a use for but I see it as a source for error just as you have experienced. I only noticed it when I was creating clubs and made a mental note to change it.

It did throw up an issue I had not had or seen, negative cup places for San Marino, this meant places were NOT SET for the later seasons. Try setting San Marino to 0.00 and see if that fixes that issue too.

I'm having a strange issue with the San Marino cup places and the Euro League. I've set the San Marinese coefficients to 0.000, replaced their teams with teams from my nation, but still seem to run into a problem about 40% of the time.

The Champions League always works fine, albeit with negative cup places for San Marino. They sometimes end up with Euro Cup places of -45 for the group stage, but 15 and 35 places for the playoff and Q3 rounds! This causes the competition to never be scheduled again after the first season. I can't seem to find the cause of this. When the Euro Cup is scheduled correctly in the second season, the save never has any problems. (I've tested as far as 2026.)

Does anyone have any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the San Marino / Euro Cup stopping issue.

I had this issue with my fantasy country and it didn't seem to matter what co-efficients i used for san marino, sooner of later the euro cup stopped. I looked in seedings and found there were 7 san marino clubs in the list by 2016 when it stopped, lol. So I found the san marino league in the database and clicked the is extinct tick box. I even did it for each team in the league but that might just be overkill.

No more problems with euro cup now, even after a 20 year holiday test. This option might be a bit harsh and not everyones cup of tea but it keeps the euro cup running for me.

(make sure you set the co-efficients as in instructions and swap san marino teams out and yours in)

Regarding the San Marino / Euro Cup stopping issue.

I had this issue with my fantasy country and it didn't seem to matter what co-efficients i used for san marino, sooner of later the euro cup stopped. I looked in seedings and found there were 7 san marino clubs in the list by 2016 when it stopped, lol. So I found the san marino league in the database and clicked the is extinct tick box. I even did it for each team in the league but that might just be overkill.

No more problems with euro cup now, even after a 20 year holiday test. This option might be a bit harsh and not everyones cup of tea but it keeps the euro cup running for me.

(make sure you set the co-efficients as in instructions and swap san marino teams out and yours in)

Thanks, that's good to know.

I ended up rebuilding my nation rules from scratch and have not seen any further problems. I've tested to 2025 quite a few times and it seems to be ok. Maybe I'll try to go even further into the future.

So, I finally came out of a three-year hibernation in Football Manager terms and bought FM'13 in the recent Steam sale. I'm still getting to grips with the editor, but eventually I'll upload my Northumbrian nation - providing I can find time and that the way the editor functions hasn't been changed drastically in the last few years.

For those of you who aren't aware, here's the last version that was made for FM'10:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/170972-WIP-Northumbrian-Nation-amp-League?p=4316604

Yes, anyway. Hallo, and all that rot. I'll have to check out these regional edits, some look interesting.

I've already had a look at your videos, actually; a fine resource for anyone who's new to this sort of thing!

Yeah, I'm starting to find my way around the editor again; the fact that y'can batch-edit certain attributes has saved me a lot of time so far. I'm at the point where I'm ready to start extracting clubs from the English and Scottish leagues; the tricky part, in other words. Haha.

Archived