[FM13] Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

I'm now in the final testing phases of my Canary Islands Nation but I'm not sure if I've got the prize money at the right level. What amount seems fair for the winner? I've based the nation at 6000 rep.

Really depends on how much your teams need. The only way to find that out is with financial testing. I run a test season and see how much teams lose with no prize money. Then I set accordingly. I dont do cup prize money first, league only, get all teams balanced or slightly making money, THEN I add cups as a bonus to help reward success.

There is a financial testing guide at the top of this thread.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds like a smashing idea.

I would vote for the ladder idea, sounds fun and the chance of monthly winners sounds appealing.

I would move the thread to the challenges section as it might drum up a bit more business and interest to those that may not have tried this sort of thing before.

PS. Cornwall & Devon will smash the Catalans!!! Yes, the trash talk has started already :)

Interest has only really dripped in so I am doing a knockout competition but With a vase competition for all those knocked out in the first and qualifying rounds. The ladder just seems too much work and the rules became too complex when I wrote them out.

Knockout competition page is going up soon, please keep your entries coming in, I did a quick headcount and we should get about 5 or 6 if we all pitch in our best complete nation at the moment.

I will be posting the thread in the challenges and Signup section BUT Michael might sticky it at the top here tooif I ask him REAL nice :) (and if that is possible too if the thread is elsewhere...)

I would encourage everyone here who has more than one nation to offer the .tex file of one of their other nations for someone else to play as. I will be offering my Hampshire nation and Merseyside nation to others in the Challenges and Signups thread.

Here is a template for making an nation, I thought it would be useful for anyone who has trouble starting.

Template Regional Database V 1.0

I think the clubs would get a rep boost from leaving England, I tweak my Lincs & Humber teams, only slightly but enough to make the competition a little better.

I think some top clubs would get a fairly decent rep boost really, as they have become the dominant teams in the nation but the choice is up to you, if you do I think you have sufficient justification.

I get what you're saying but it still won't solve the problem. Luciano Becchio left Leeds for 26k to some french Ligue 2 team. I can't make them one of the worlds top teams as that is wrong, as much as I wish it was still true.

I get what you're saying but it still won't solve the problem. Luciano Becchio left Leeds for 26k to some french Ligue 2 team. I can't make them one of the worlds top teams as that is wrong, as much as I wish it was still true.

Maybe you need to fiddle around with city attraction and other settings like that. Cup Rep is important too, try playing around with any values you can find that MIGHT make a difference

I'm now in the final testing phases of my Canary Islands Nation but I'm not sure if I've got the prize money at the right level. What amount seems fair for the winner? I've based the nation at 6000 rep.

Don't forget to enter the national team in the world cup I am organising!

If you leave the tax rules empty it will be more attractive for potential players...

I was also planning to look at that later, my nation would probably tax around the same as England at the moment, maybe a little bit more relaxed.

Update on my project, I have now completed Yugoslavia, Illyria and Thrace, this makes my total editted nations look like this:

Bavaria, Brittany, Catalonia, Czechoslovakia, Eire (United Ireland), Illyria (Albania, Kosovo and West Macedonia), Mercia (English Midlands), Nordic Isles (Iceland and Faroe Islands), Northumbria (North England), Osterland (Finland and Estonia), Thrace (Bulgaria and East Macedonia), Wessex (South England) and Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia and Montenegro)

The new Yugoslavia squad is very powerful, couple of screenshots

Full squad in a friendly vs. Ghana http://i45.tinypic.com/3478uia.png

The league is also very interesting and unexpected champions too I think ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/1opx5y.png

Update on my project, I have now completed Yugoslavia, Illyria and Thrace, this makes my total editted nations look like this:

Bavaria, Brittany, Catalonia, Czechoslovakia, Eire (United Ireland), Illyria (Albania, Kosovo and West Macedonia), Mercia (English Midlands), Nordic Isles (Iceland and Faroe Islands), Northumbria (North England), Osterland (Finland and Estonia), Thrace (Bulgaria and East Macedonia), Wessex (South England) and Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia and Montenegro)

Can you produce the .tex files for these nations (the national team export files):

Bavaria

Brittany

Mercia

Northumbria

Wessex

For use in the Regional Database World Cup by people who may not wish to make nations. It would be really helpful!

I have now got the website signup page for people to add their country and email. I also need a PM with the .tex or a squad image so I can associate forum names to regions too.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/eanfhaci64

Sure I can, but you'll need to explain to me how to do it first please.

Load a game up, doesnt need to be lots of leagues, in fact just one will do as long as you load all players from the nation you want to create the team for.

Then become the manager of the nation.

Select a squad, not the team for starting a match but adding and removing players for the national squad as if you were submitting one for registration.

Then go to the nation information page, not the squad page, the other one.

On the far right it has a dropdown box, click there and choose to export the squad.

You can either drop them all on a folder or host them up individually, I don't mind as I will sort things out in the near future.

Ok I hope I have done this correctly, please check first will you ...

Download link https://rapidshare.com/files/2749826500/exported%20teams.zip

Looks brilliant! Thanks!

Thinking of entering a team yourself? If so which one? I am making a rule that spanning national boarders is OK but combination of nations for the competition is not OK. Which is why I have chosen those one on my list.

Ok I hope I have done this correctly, please check first will you ...

Download link https://rapidshare.com/files/2749826500/exported%20teams.zip

Looks brilliant! Thanks!

Thinking of entering a team yourself? If so which one? I am making a rule that spanning national boarders is OK but combination of nations for the competition is not OK. Which is why I have chosen those one on my list.

I do not think so I will continue to try and finish my project, if you wish to use more I can export these also but I can't promise a time frame, my next nations will be Galicia (Spain Galicia, Cantabria and Asturias Regions), Andalucia (Andalucia and Murcia), Padania (Piedmont, Valle d'Aosta, Lombardy, Veneto and Fruili Venezia Guila), Tyrol (Austria Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Italy Trentino-Alto Adige) and Kurdistan (South-East Turkey)

I think these would be good for you but I can't promise which and how long they will be but I can make them available.

I do not think so I will continue to try and finish my project, if you wish to use more I can export these also but I can't promise a time frame, my next nations will be Galicia (Spain Galicia, Cantabria and Asturias Regions), Andalucia (Andalucia and Murcia), Padania (Piedmont, Valle d'Aosta, Lombardy, Veneto and Fruili Venezia Guila), Tyrol (Austria Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Italy Trentino-Alto Adige) and Kurdistan (South-East Turkey)

I think these would be good for you but I can't promise which and how long they will be but I can make them available.

No rush, the ones you have given are fine enough, the others would be only by request.

The knockout cup will be an hour once or twice a month at most so everyone should have time for it. Hopefully you can take part with one of your nations.

All my NewGens are coming through as foreign. Any one else noticing this?

And it's only Newgens, Original DB players changed to NSW nationality hare fine. I've checked the cities and the stadiums and they are located in the nation, they're not dual internationals (not that that should matter anyway).

Yesss! Wessex db all done. Tried to do some graphics for it but doesn't appear to be working so sod it, I'm not fussed.

However, I seem to be getting the same problem someone else did where I can't select this created nation as my nationality, is this happening for everyone?

What seems to be the graphics issue? I am looking at graphics today so I will let you guys know if I have any problems

Yesss! Wessex db all done. Tried to do some graphics for it but doesn't appear to be working so sod it, I'm not fussed.

However, I seem to be getting the same problem someone else did where I can't select this created nation as my nationality, is this happening for everyone?

If you select the nationality of the country you overwrote you will be that nationality.

So for example if you turned England into Wessex then select English as your nationality and you will be Wessaxon or however you termed it.

If you select the nationality of the country you overwrote you will be that nationality.

So for example if you turned England into Wessex then select English as your nationality and you will be Wessaxon or however you termed it.

But if the country that you overwrote wasn't originally in the game you don't have that option.

Can you think of any quicker way to change all players from cities to another nation?

I have all my cities changed to their new nation and now I am transferring players, but the cities are 500+ and will be a very long process.

I thought of the idea to mass edit the city names to include some identified, like American citys have their state like (NY) for New York, but to edit this in would take same time, I then tried to change them all to something like '123456789' to make them identifiable in searches this worked nicely but then I discovered there is no way to mass delete the changes made to city names so that will be just as long.

Is anybody aware of a faster way?

search by "born in x city" and mass edit nationality?

But if the country that you overwrote wasn't originally in the game you don't have that option.

Its not a massive issue, I certainly do not class it as game breaking. Just a little annoyance.

If the crash is a common thing it should be reported, lets hope its not another "March the 6th" issue. That is now my least favourite day of the year :(

I still think its better to overwrite CIS and not lose England than overwrite England and have your nationality set.

Ah yes now I can see your problem, I don't know how this can be fixed, I don't use the nations that were not originally in the game as it makes the game very unstable.

search by "born in x city" and mass edit nationality?

You still have to write out the 500+ city names though sometimes to cover a whole nation with a lot of cities.

Is anyone else experiencing crashes in the editor when setting nation transfer preferences?

I have only experienced one editor crash and I think it was one time when I was doing something with this.

I don't use the nations that were not originally in the game as it makes the game very unstable.

Overwriting CIS does not causes many issues from my experience, enabling the "add nation" button is something to avoid.

My advice to anyone is overwrite CIS and just accept for the moment you cannot be your home nationality.

Thanks, any idea how to counter the Bilbao problem though? I really want them to sign Basque only. I also don't want to leave basque cities in Spain as it could cause some major regen problems and seriously infringe the strength of their NT. And I'm glad to see youth football doesn't have problems.

Mate I was writibg to SI about it, some dude Neil told me why is it so important to change that in code (so both 1st and 2nd nationality are signable), after I explained it ti him , he never bother to reply, that is just one line of game code to change and it was big problem for him/them.

So... The regional database world cup....

Well I have the whole application form thread typed up ready to post in the forum. All the rules are ready, the application form is ready and all the instructions are ready.

The problem is with the game itself, I have tested time after time and imported teams are currently causing the game to crash at the end of the last match, even if you instant result it!

We can proceed with the early rounds but ONLY if you do NOT press continue at the end of the 5th match and instead stay in the match and screenshot the league status there.

If people are OK with this I can write it into the rules and we should be able to get the applications up and ready on Friday with a view to draw the first round a week or two later.

Please let me know here if you think that is a good plan. I will continue and post up the thread as soon as I can unless anyone thinks we should wait for SI to fix this.

I can't seem to set the continent on this version for some reason i can't find it ?? Also what is your template all about idoes that have a nation set already to overwrite ??

Mate I was writibg to SI about it, some dude Neil told me why is it so important to change that in code (so both 1st and 2nd nationality are signable), after I explained it ti him , he never bother to reply, that is just one line of game code to change and it was big problem for him/them.

Sorry. I know you're trying to help but I don't understand. You're saying I need to change some code, are you? Are you saying changing it causes stability issues? If you're talking about code, what code? Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

The file doesn't work i loaded it up and added the details of my new nation over Ireland 1922 but the continent is still greyed out ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtzvsWlA4P8

Done it gogogo golem thanks will start a regional database now. Cheers

Euro Coefficients for a new nation you say its best at 0.17 or 0.20 its differs this year as England is 15.250 11/12 18.537 10/11 so would i put that in as 17.000 or 20.000 ?????

is anybody working on a switzerland lower league file?

Not really relevant to this thread buddy.

Back off my birthday break now... just need to polish up my database this weekend ready for release. Also think about this world cup thing and how to get around the crash issue.

Archived