[FM13] Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pleased to say I've completed my Basque Nation Project. :D Well to a good, not perfect standard but I will try to improve it.

Like a work of art a regional database is never finished :)

I am always working and improving even after I have released a database for download.

Like a work of art a regional database is never finished :)

I am always working and improving even after I have released a database for download.

I know it can never be fully finished. Not sure what to change though. I might create an add-on international tournament sometime.

When I get the game, I will do a Tasmania nation. Not sure if I will put them in Asia or Oceania.

I won't do Cornwall again this year as the Wessex database will cover that area... oh and the dude doing the Cornwall/Devon nation will also be covering the same ground. (Feel free to use my FM12 database as a guide to the clubs in Cornwall).

When I get the game, I will do a Tasmania nation. Not sure if I will put them in Asia or Oceania.

I won't do Cornwall again this year as the Wessex database will cover that area... oh and the dude doing the Cornwall/Devon nation will also be covering the same ground. (Feel free to use my FM12 database as a guide to the clubs in Cornwall).

Oh I didnt realise this, I might do a different area...

Iam now creating the nation of Kent

The cornwall one was pretty simple, hopefully someone still does cornwall or cornwall and devon!

Looking good this year, hopefully any issues are corrected quickly so we can have people playing our databases soon. I am starting the Merseyside and Hampshire ones this week. They will not be in as great detail as my Lincs & Humber one so might be a good base for someone else to go on and make logos and add lower leagues if they so wish.

Last year I found putting a new nation in either Oceania or Asia caused the game to crash. Also if you want to enter continental competitions you'll have to rebuild the continental comps.

I've tried creating a limited Tasmanian nation using that was already available in the database but they never picked players even when I added players to Tasmania.

I do wish you good luck though. Once I finish NaNoWriMo I will be trying to 'Balkanise' Australia but NSW will be first cab off the rank.

Actually, Wessex only goes down to Devon, Cornwall was not within it's boundaries.

Last year I found putting a new nation in either Oceania or Asia caused the game to crash. Also if you want to enter continental competitions you'll have to rebuild the continental comps.

I've tried creating a limited Tasmanian nation using that was already available in the database but they never picked players even when I added players to Tasmania.

I do wish you good luck though. Once I finish NaNoWriMo I will be trying to 'Balkanise' Australia but NSW will be first cab off the rank.

If you'd've moved Uzbekistan or somebody like that to Europe then you could have added a new nation to Asia.

Just to give a quick update on my project, I have now working Catalonia, Nordic Isles (Iceland and Faroe Islands), Osterland (Finland and Estonia), Czechoslovakia, Eire (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland) and Northumbria nations all working together. Lots of work still to be done but the foundations are here.

Here are some pictures of the progress ...

Squad - http://i45.tinypic.com/5zhe9g.png

Top League - http://i48.tinypic.com/1e77t3.png

Second League - http://i49.tinypic.com/nqzsjc.png

WC qualifying - http://i50.tinypic.com/rqyryb.png

Last year I found putting a new nation in either Oceania or Asia caused the game to crash. Also if you want to enter continental competitions you'll have to rebuild the continental comps.QUOTE]

I had a bit of fun editing the O-League so that Wellington could participate in FM12 (had a Cup between the NZ Cup winner and Wellington to decide one of the O-League places). In FM13, I'll give international editing a go to see if that helps with Tasmania.

I'm waiting for the Australian researcher to send me a file so I can update information on Tasmania so that it is more up-to-date in the game.

I had a bit of fun editing the O-League so that Wellington could participate in FM12 (had a Cup between the NZ Cup winner and Wellington to decide one of the O-League places). In FM13, I'll give international editing a go to see if that helps with Tasmania.

I'm waiting for the Australian researcher to send me a file so I can update information on Tasmania so that it is more up-to-date in the game.

Sounds cool, I've not gotten that adventurous before. I don't know if it's been fixed but another issue I found was no one outside oceania organised friendlies with anyone but NZ, even when I my NSW team was ranked 4th in the world.

I've tried using the Tasmanian FA's website for information, it's pretty crap. I suppose for an amateur competition there wouldn't be much money for a professional website. I tried to do so much with Tasmania as a test but it just fell flat. I wanted to try a Northern\Southern Premier League All Stars Game which no one seemed to know how to get to work and as such the teams were just filled with grey ghosts.

I did a very basic split once before, just using the teams that start in the DB and Balkanised Australia by sticking them in various Pacific Islands, while combining those nations in to a 'south pacific' national team based in the Solomon Islands. It worked but it was nothing spectacular.

Tried to do this so I could get rid of the English Leagues and replace them with regional ones e.g

North West League 1 & 2

Midlands League 1 & 2

South League 1 & 2

However, I tried to follow the instructions and got lost half way through it :(

My instructions do not really describe how to do that. To make a regionalised version of England you would need to overwrite the national structure instead of making a seperate nation, which this process describes.

What do you want to do exactly?

Get rid of Premiership, Championship, League 1 & 2 & Conference.

Replace it with

North League 1 & 2

3 down to League 2 & 3 up from League 1(one of them a play off)

Winners of League 1 - Champions League spot

Runners of League 2 - Europe League spot.

Same with Midlands League 1 & 2/South League 1 & 2.

With the winners of the FA Cup getting the 4th Champions League spot & Carling Cup Winners getting the last Europa League spot.

Scrap the Johnstone Paint Trophy.

And have it all under England....

arkitekt and I have just finished our online head to head. Lincs & Humber VS The Kingdom of Kent

It was a very close call, the first game finished 1-1 at the K.C. Stadium.

The second game Lincs & Humber won 3-0 away at Preistfields.

The third game at the KC was 0-0, the 4th 1-1

The final game was played in an all out attacking style by arkitekt, Kent threw everything at the Lincs goal, scoring after half an hour. Lincs & Humber gave away a penalty to go 2 down. With 20 minutes left Kent made it 3 to make the league all square at 6 points and equal goal difference.

With just minutes on the clock remaining Tom Hopper scored for Lincs and Humber to secure the league win on goal difference!

Sadly the game then crashed so we missed out on what came next.

If anyone wants another game both arkitekt would recommend it, we had lots of fun and I am open to all comers! If you need any advice on how to set up a team, export it or play online just ask either one of us.

Quick question, What reputation are people setting for their new nations? I don't want to put mine too high but I don't want them being too low either

I put Wessex's rep about 500 - 1000 above Scotland's, I feel the standard in the top division would surpass it (Reading, So'ton, Bristol City etc.)

Quick question, What reputation are people setting for their new nations? I don't want to put mine too high but I don't want them being too low either

I match mine to a similar nation. I actually use other nations as a guide for many things, in other words I leave all the hard work to SI researchers :)

Yes I make them like a similar nation too same with FIFA ranking. coefficients are confusing though so at the moment i'm setting them all to nil and my 'new' nations are starting in the first round, I will change them to who has the strongest league comparing to the current coefficients once my full db is complete.

Yes I make them like a similar nation too same with FIFA ranking. coefficients are confusing though so at the moment i'm setting them all to nil and my 'new' nations are starting in the first round, I will change them to who has the strongest league comparing to the current coefficients once my full db is complete.

try 0.17 for coefficients :)

I may have missed something simple, and I'm not too fussed if I can't do it. But my new nationdoes not get a Fifa world ranking. It enters all comps but doesn't have a world ranking.

When adding the new nation there is a box which can be ticked which is called something like "Is FIFA member". If you tick that and give them some ranking points it should place them into the ranking system.

I have tested this and it gives little issues, some values cause problems. Just ask any regional database creators

So do you mean 0.00 values give issues and that I should use the 0.17 value instead?

I am having issues with a crash at around August 26th 2013 but I think this is caused because I have a couple of nations with no countries or players left in them at all, do you think this may be a co-efficient problem?

Also the Europa League doesn't restart after the first season but the Champions League does but again I think the problem is because there are no clubs at all to pull through in Estonia.

I will test with all my regional nations set to 0.17 for all 5 years though.

You need to leave probably at least 5 teams in certain countries to make them able to fulfil their coefficients. However if you give them each a really low reputation then their clubs won't sign players and their coefficient will drop to being the lowest in the game. That would not be too much of a problem.

Leaving the coefficient at 0 could cause negative numbers of teams to be assigned as if I recall correctly it was a problem number.

Now I have put Brittany clubs in Estonian spot the game is working fine without any crashes and working Europa League.

I'm up to the World Cup testing now where Northumbria opened the competition against Brazil and lost 1-0.

Pre-match - http://i48.tinypic.com/23r0gar.png

Sqauds - http://i48.tinypic.com/34didk2.png

Once I learn how to make this style of flags they will be changed too.

Next changes will be reforming Yugoslavia to make spaces for Andalucia, Galicia, Padania and Kurdistan. Wish me luck.

When adding the new nation there is a box which can be ticked which is called something like "Is FIFA member". If you tick that and give them some ranking points it should place them into the ranking system.

Many thanks. I had given the nation some points but stupidly forgot to tick the full member box. Despite checking what I hadn't done on numerous occasions.

OK decided what to do regarding my Regional Databases Competition.

Going for a straight knock-out competition, depending on numbers there will of course have to be some qualifying rounds before the 1st round proper. Anyone knocked out in those qualifying rounds or the 1st round proper will play in the vase knock-out running alongside the main competition. This is to ensure everyone gets a decent number of matchups.

I will outline the rules etc over the coming week or so as well as a competition structure and timeline.

What I need from you guys is PMs with your team name, a screen shot of your squad or the .tex file link and what times (GMT only!) you are available to play (not exact, maybe something like weekends only, or all week) so I can guage how to build the timeline.

Please can I have these initial entries by the end of this weekend. If you need any help please feel free to PM me.

Entry rules are pretty simple:

1. All players must have been born in a city within your chosen region. Large regions are allowed eg Northumberland, Yorkshire, Catalan and Basque etc. Smaller teams will probably end up in the Vase so really any sized team can win something!

2. Editing of city of birth of players is not allowed, they must be as in the default database for all players in your squad. (PM me if you have any questions on this).

3. Players who have chosen to play for another nation despite them being born in a city in your nation OR who have been capped for another nation CAN play for your national team. I personally have NOT included them as for my tiny nation it is doubtful they would switch allegiance, for a larger nation such as Merseyside, Catalan or Basque it is possible and probably preffered by the players in real life when I create ones like thos I have changed the players nation. I will leave that decision up to you as the creator.

4. Created players are not allowed.

5. Please ensure your nation has as much detail as possible, ie name, kits, stadium, attendance etc (but not anything that is not relevant to initial creation of the squad.

6. League structures are NOT required, just changing CIS to your nation, changing the continent of CIS to Europe and then changing the nationality of all qualifying players is sufficient.

7. Last of all but VERY important. Export your national team on the first day of the game loading, do not progress past the first day.

Thats pretty much it for rules on team submission. It does rely quite a lot on the honesty of the person making the database, I hope that the benefit of being entered into the Vase competition if you lose in or before the first round should discourage that.

I will repeat all these rules in the main competition thread when I put it up, I just would like some entrants before I do so to show that it is already filling up and it is worth entering.

Thanks again to all who have helped me decide to do this and to all who have helped so far!

I've created a Yorkshire nation, replaced all of the Yorkshire teams in England but my problem is that players are leaving for very little. I based the rep of the nation and comps on that of scotland, but still I have key players leaving for very little with a very low value.

I think the clubs would get a rep boost from leaving England, I tweak my Lincs & Humber teams, only slightly but enough to make the competition a little better.

I think some top clubs would get a fairly decent rep boost really, as they have become the dominant teams in the nation but the choice is up to you, if you do I think you have sufficient justification.

I think the clubs would get a rep boost from leaving England, I tweak my Lincs & Humber teams, only slightly but enough to make the competition a little better.

I think some top clubs would get a fairly decent rep boost really, as they have become the dominant teams in the nation but the choice is up to you, if you do I think you have sufficient justification.

EDIT: With my Mersey nation free for someone to play as in the Regional database cup and your yorkshire nation we should have some heated competition!

PS Do you have all the Yorkshire badges? I made a load for someone a couple of FM versions ago for a Yorkshire nation, cannot remember who... If you search the forum their might be a link, if not I can host them up for you again.

PS keep those early pre submissions for the Regional database world cup! Full thread going up over this weekend, expected deadline for submissions is the 19th of November, will be extended if requested!

Archived