[FM13] Regional Databases Thread

nine_iron

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK been playing around with euro coefficients. Turns out my 0.17 from last year does not work as hoped but is stable for at least 5 seasons (as my team does not get into Europe I guess), 0.20 or 0.23 seems to swap San Marino's places for my nations. I have not yet got this to work for more than two seasons though!

The alternative I tried was 0.950 for just the last box (2011/12), it appeared to be fine and gave euro places to both my nation AND San Marino, sadly it crashed on year 2 after a few rounds of the the cups. I think this might be due to too many teams.

I did check what Mr Nugget did for his Wessex DB and he swapped San Marino out of the euro competitions for his nation. I am sure the teams of San Marino will get over not being in Europe right?

The problem I find is that it seems that the extra nation is causing issues this year with European club football. Its not a big deal, I am currently testing setting San Marino to 0.001 for all so they never have a hope of getting cup places. Then I am free to leave my nation at 0.2 for all which I know gives them places and SHOULD be pretty stable.

A tip for people trying to replace San Marino's teams in Europe with yours - first, delete San Marino's coefficients and give them to your nation (if you wish). Second, open both European competitions in the editor, go to "Registered teams" and replace the following teams with teams from your nation: Tre Penne (European Champions Cup / Champions League); La Fiorita, Libertas (EURO Cup / Europa League). Should be no issues after that.

A tip for people trying to replace San Marino's teams in Europe with yours - first, delete San Marino's coefficients and give them to your nation (if you wish). Second, open both European competitions in the editor, go to "Registered teams" and replace the following teams with teams from your nation: Tre Penne (European Champions Cup / Champions League); La Fiorita, Libertas (EURO Cup / Europa League). Should be no issues after that.

Pretty much the same conclusion as me, I will write into my guide now. Retaining San Marino in the national team competition while replacing them in the club competition is a good thing. I do not bother with the registration thing, usually people are in no mood for dealing with Europe in the first season as they are trying to understand all the rules, sort out their squad etc

EDIT: Guide and Template file updated to reflect our learnings :)

It's something I found out, if a team from San Marino advanced to a certain point in the competition in the first season, they would have gained enough coefficient points to crash the game in a seasons time! No idea why.

My testing confirms that, doesnt matter if you overwrite CIS or Pre 1922 Ireland. Just a little issue that is easily solved.

Setting San Marino back to 0 or 0.001 (I dont like leaving things at 0 in the editor!) probably puts them so low they are never likely to get Euro cup places during the length of any normal persons save.

Overwriting San Marino is another option but I, like a lot of long term regional database editors have been burnt one too many times by overwriting active nations.

It seems that the new nation pushes Montenegro out of the World Cup qualifications, at least. I'm holidaying towards Euro and will see what happens there.

Ok simmed till the World Cup qualifications and there are only 52 teams. France is hosting so they skip the Qual, but missing is also Faroe Islands. The senior squad only has one real player but I doub that is grounds for dismissal in the game, wouldn't it just generate more players?

Ok simmed till the World Cup qualifications and there are only 52 teams. France is hosting so they skip the Qual, but missing is also Faroe Islands. The senior squad only has one real player but I doub that is grounds for dismissal in the game, wouldn't it just generate more players?

They usually fill the squad with greyed out players if your database is small so it should've done it for that

Made a North-East nation but the only problem i have is the coefficient i set San Marino as 0.001 for all the years and my Nation as 0.200 for all the years but when i ran it for 5 seasons my teams didn't go into Europe ??

Made a North-East nation but the only problem i have is the coefficient i set San Marino as 0.001 for all the years and my Nation as 0.200 for all the years but when i ran it for 5 seasons my teams didn't go into Europe ??

Hmm, mine were! I shall double check again tonight but my advice is go into the page for europe, look at the qualification page and see how many slots your nation has been allocated. When I did that my nation got 1 Champ league and 2 Euro, both the same entry points as Andorra. If it does not work try upping the coefficients until you get yoiur spots.

Its a problem that is easily fixed. You can also see on your league rules page what spaces you get.

Looked at that and it tells me in the league rules euro places for league positions ??? But still no teams in Europe ??? Could it be because i set my nation up as formed in 2012 ???

Played around with the coeffients but still no teams in Europe noticed San Marino had 5 teams in Europa League ???

ROFL!!

Something has to be amiss here! I was busy last night out at a family meal, tonight I have nothing planned so free to database to my hearts content, this weekend will be some serious work as I will be looking to release my Lincs & Humber database which was delayed due to my week long birthday celebrations!

Also the Europa League doesn't play in season 2 ?????????? Even tried by changing the San Marino teams for North-East 1's they play in Europe 1st season but after that they don't. Sent you the database ??

Also the Europa League doesn't play in season 2 ?????????? Even tried by changing the San Marino teams for North-East 1's they play in Europe 1st season but after that they don't. Sent you the database ??

Found the issue, you will kick yourself.....

Go into the editor, go to clubs, filter for all from north-east, highlight them all, mass edit on the details page to change the continental cup nation from england to north-east.

Should work then! Its a feature I am sure SI have a use for but I see it as a source for error just as you have experienced. I only noticed it when I was creating clubs and made a mental note to change it.

It did throw up an issue I had not had or seen, negative cup places for San Marino, this meant places were NOT SET for the later seasons. Try setting San Marino to 0.00 and see if that fixes that issue too.

Thanks excellent

It still will need work as I ran into trouble in season 3 and season 4. I think with some work you will be fine. The problem seemed to stem from Andorra ending up with a lower coefficient than San Marino but being ranked higher, no idea how that works but it MAY be fixed by replacing San Marino's clubs with your nations clubs for the first season. Cannot remember how to do this but its a potential fix along with the setting of San Marino's coefficients to 0.000

I got to admit, I was wrong saying 0.001 for coefficients works, I must have just been lucky in my first test as since then every test has had issues. I have set San Marino to 0.000 throughout and did not get any issues after season 1 so lets hope that continues.

Live and learn eh!

If it helps with my Canaries save I changed Andorra's co-efficients instead of San Marino's and have had no issues. Only 2 of the years for Andorra had any values and the rest were all zeros so I changed them all to 0.01.

If it works for you thats great, just make sure you give it a good test! I was planning to do mine this weekend but thankfully cel has helped me out by raising his findings.

If I see anything else from my tests I will let you all know. I am now just tweaking the finances for my nation, the 3rd tier is being a pain. Once sorted I shall host up, the aim is for Sunday morning.

Good luck with that nine_iron gona test mine now let it run and see how it goes. Fingers x'd If that doesn't work i will change Andorra and keep San Marino's co-efficients.

I think thats cracked it Europe is fine Andorran teams are in it and no crashes into season 2019-20.

Can you give a run down of exactly what you did? I have had a crash once a season BUT with all europe working well. I set San Marino to 0.000 and set all mine to 0.200.

I am not sure why mine crashed, but it could have been due to me doing a million and other things on my PC while I ran the tests. Skyping the wife, browsing the net, had the editor open and about 2-3 other programs too.

Set San Marino at 0.000 my nations teams at 0.200 and put my teams into Europe replacing San Marino's at start of game. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate, as well as to the others. I am now running stable for 5 seasons! Just a tweak to the finances, add some more cup, awards and a few other minor details and then I am ready for release!

wow :O great work man, can you upload this database?

If I did it wouldn't be much use, very little leagues are playable as I am looking to change all of Europe and their is some big imbalances. It is also a very big file 100mb+ with 100,000+ db changes, so hosting may be difficult.

I will try and post here when it is finished.

If I did it wouldn't be much use, very little leagues are playable as I am looking to change all of Europe and their is some big imbalances. It is also a very big file 100mb+ with 100,000+ db changes, so hosting may be difficult.

I will try and post here when it is finished.

Compress?

• 4 weeks later...

nine_iron

As I'm brazilian and I was born in Maranhão State, I'm planning to create a Regional Nation named "Maranhão", but I have a question. If I replace a certain nation by Maranhão, the new regens will not come with names and surnames of the nation overwritten?

nine_iron

As I'm brazilian and I was born in Maranhão State, I'm planning to create a Regional Nation named "Maranhão", but I have a question. If I replace a certain nation by Maranhão, the new regens will not come with names and surnames of the nation overwritten?

No, replace all cities, local region and country languages to Portuguese.

No, replace all cities, local region and country languages to Portuguese.

What he said.

My advice to most new editors is if you are unsure give it a try and see, thats how I learnt! No one told me how to use this thing, I worked it all out for myself and I still firmly believe its the best way to learn.

Thought I'd throw this question in here - has anyone made a custom nation based on a fictional country from games, books, TV, films?

Each year I attempt to create a nation from my favorite books series, actually just started this years version. I have never gotten it to the point where I am happy with it, but this year will hopefully be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to find this, had finished my Catalonia database but had the trouble with teams going into the Champions League being weird but changing the coefficients fixed it :D

Not sure if this is patch related or my databas but the game tends to crash every 3/4 years but if you reload after it goes past the crash date fine?

• 1 month later...

What are we all up to? I am finally working on finishing my Mersey database while I update my Lincs & Humber to improve team progression.

Any other projects or are we all on hold for the upcoming transfer database revision?

Archived