[FM13] Something smells fishy over here - Dafuge Challenge

deadfncat

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints_Crest_Hero_Web_White_Shadow.jpg

St. Neots Town FC - League Two - 2018/19 - Fourth

Heh, well this was a very odd season. After the first game, I thought I didn't have a chance. From there we went on a bit of a run where we were fantastic in the Cups and pretty rubbish in the league. A great example of this was beating Gillingham 8-1 in the JPT while they were sitting in 2nd at the time and then losing 0-2 to Bath the next week who were mid table.

Around the middle of October we really started to turn it around though and while still unstoppable in the cups, we started getting league wins as well. A highlight was a 1-2 loss to QPR where we played fantastic and could have won the game as well as many JPT games beating League One opponents and advancing. We could have locked up an auto promotion spot with the last two weeks, but a stumble against lowly Preston at home meant we would be playing in the Playoffs again for the second season in a row.

League Table

Games

Playoffs - I was quite cocky going into these games and sitting 0-3 down against Accrington at half time, I had to sit the boys down and really work out wtf was going on. We pulled two late goals back and considering it was the away leg, we left not too unpleased thinking that the home leg should be a good game where we could get the win.

Alas, this was not to be. The whole team played great but Accrington were just better on the day. A 0-1 loss left us in League Two for another season and led Accrington to a Final against Cheltenham which they lost.

Finances - Killing it now. Was able to afford a training and youth upgrade as well as another board mandated stadium expansion.

FA Cup - Great win against Torquay showed our class in cup games and we breezed by Bradford the next month. We drew QPR next which I was quite disapointed in, wanting another Man City etc game, but we played really well and could have walked away from the game with the win if we had some more luck go our way.

Capital One Cup - Our first big match since the promotion and we played quite poorly to be honest against a well honed League 1 Charlton

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Ok, now this is where my season was wierd. Started off 8-1 against Gillingham and from there didn't really look back. No game where we piled on the goals again, but just went really well. Crewe really had a shot at coming back in the final after we shot to an early 3-0 lead, but it wasn't their day.

Squad - Really loving it at the moment. Have been given a bit more money too so I should be able to beef up that defence which is our only real weakness

Youth Squad - Bone and Robin Carthy are still the only two in the squad. Not really improving though so I may loan them out this season.

Key Player Profiles

Yu Ho Hin - The Overpriced kid finally gets his season. He wants 900 a week next season though, so I think I'll tell him to go suck a fatty

Philip Roberts - Still killing it. Could be scoring more and in reality isn't that great, but does well for me

Player of the Season

Keith Jones -His stats haven't improved but he turns out every week and plays amazing. I'm not complaining :)

Youth Players

Robin Carthy - Will be in the big kids squad next season, but doesn't cut it for our first squad. Will loan him out and see how he does.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                noiwer League 2               4th                            JPT Champions

Next Season

Promotion

Another Cup Run

Defence!

Another upgrade of facilities if possible

Stadium Expansion plans. Yet another. Guessing this was required as well to remove standing, considering we only sold it out once which was the playoff game and even then we had only had the stadium back for two months

Facilities upgrade which is really needed

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea

Championship - Hull, Swansea, Nottm Forest

npower League 2 - Carlisle, Camridge, Chester, Cheltenham

FA Cup - Tottenham

JPT - St Neots

Capital One Cup - Blackburn

Hyundai A-League - Adelaide/Adelaide

St. Neots Town FC - League Two - 2019/20 - First

Pretty damned good season if I do say so. As usual, we took our time to get into a rhythm but once there we were pretty unstoppable. Woeful defence, but on most days we could outscore anyone.

League Table

Games

Finances - Spent a bit on upgrades, but still doing quite well. Bit disapointed the Man Utd game was at home, but we did well out of that anyway.

FA Cup - Bit of an easy run until Man Utd, which was a hectic game. Scoring three goals against them showed the skill we have up front, but also showed the gaping holes in our defence.

Capital One Cup - Played the first squad for the Leyton game which I don't usually do for the League Cup where there is no money involved. Southampton game was a cracker and we were unlucky to lose. The whole team played really well.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Sadly we weren't able to repeat last seasons magic, going down in a thriller against Portsmouth. Down 0-4 going into the half, it was looking as if the reigning champions were in for a spanking from the former Premier League team. But with some crazy goals in the second half, we pulled it back and took the game to penalties. Now, one thing about my team is there is only one player who takes penalties well. Meechan. He missed.... and everyone else scored. Oh well.

Squad - The defence is atrocious and I need to offload some strikers and attackers, but really quite happy at the moment with the squad. DoF brought in some quality loans which helped a lot.

Key Player Profiles

Chike Kandi - Sweety didn't get as much play time this season as I gave Unsworth a shot, but he did well when given a shot

Connor Wells - Decent young defender who plays better than his stats really show

Player of the Season

Nathan Meechan -Terrible finishing, but he still puts the goals away

Youth Players

None!

Project Player

players with potential to be stars who I will take under my wing

Sam Unsworth - Great stats but not finding the net as much as I would like. Some late season injuries hampered him as well

Callum Burton - Snappy young keeper with a lot of promise. Will send him on loan again next season to gain experience. He spent 90% of this season at Barnet on loan, but I had to recall him in a crisis.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!

Next Season

Survival

Bulk up the squad

Defence!

Maybe some more upgrades depending how the money goes

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd

Championship - Stoke, Doncaster, Notts Co

npower League 2 - St Neots, Stevenage, Preston, Bath

FA Cup - Man Utd

JPT - Hartlepool

Capital One Cup - Fulham

Hyundai A-League - Perth/Brisbane

Oliver Smith - Apparently Man City paid 4mil for this guy from Southampton. Lets see what I can do with him in three months

Jaden Drench - Smashed the club transfer record and bought this kid for 410k. Should be a huge signing for the coming seasons and be a rock in defence which we just dont have

Danilo Spasojevic - It happens every year. I sign some random aussie guy, but 17 finishing? how could I not? He is class all the way

St. Neots Town FC - League One - 2020/21 - Second

We are Championship!!!

What a season. Goals Goals Goals.

Absolutely horrific start where we couldn't defend to save ourselves and we were just dropping games like crazy. It wasn't until week five where we picked up our first three pointer and from there we were golden. I didn't focus on the Cups much this year, just wanting a great league turnout and that is what we got. We had a huge run until our 3-9 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool in the FA Cup seemed to demoralise us, as well as the huge amount of injuries. Before the slump we were sitting in comfort in first place, but at one point dropped back to seventh. A late season surge with a healthy squad secured our place though and we scored an automatic promotion spot on the back of our fantastic goal difference.

Quite a suprise this season really, but one I think is well deserved after the club played really well and for the first time I had a lot of depth in key positions. Namely, Attacking players which the DoF just kept signing and loaning more!

League Table

Games

Finances - In the red now due to our stadium expansion, but were losing money all season due to the blown out wage budget and only 6000 bums in seats at home games.

FA Cup - Struggled in both of our first games, actually being really lucky against BSN Salisbury and only scraped by with a late penalty. Their Kit is awesome ingame though. Drew Liverpool in Rnd 3 which was too early I think and only 30k people came to Anfield. Not a massive money windfall I was hoping on in a game where we were slaughtered.

Capital One Cup - Sad way to start the season with the full squad, but we just weren't clicking at the time.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Really didn't care this season and the first game was when we were struggling. Went down 0-3 to a bad Wycombe side, but left us room to do better in the league.

Squad - I am really happy with the team at the moment. Defence is still a worry as it always has been, but outstanding on offence. Unsworth finally started to click with Meechan and some even old hands Yin and McKinnon had good seasons. Will need to shore up next season, but with the quality I am not really sure what will happen when we get to the Championship. I was expecting the drop this season so who knows?

I might just try and sign one amazing DC and thats it.

Key Player Profiles

Jaden Drench - Fantastic youngster I brought in at the start of the season on record transfer. Will be in the plans of St Neots for years to come.

Matt Burton - Great signing at the start of the season. As you can see, I love pacey players.

Player of the Season

Nathan Meechan -What a season. What a player. He broke the St Neots goal scoring record this season and has a finishing rating of 6. Took the player of the year award away from the Cheltenham player who scored 43 goals in the season too, which was impressive

Youth Players

None!

Project Player

Sam Unsworth - Finally scoring some goals and took away the mantle of highest goal scorer from Meechan. Improving day by day and should be impressive in the Championship hopefully

Callum Burton - Was back at Barnet this season. Will make sure these are his correct stats when he is back off loan, but he seems to be improving.

Career Overview

2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. promoted

Next Season

Survival

As always, Defence!

Get some more money flowing in. Guessing the wage bill will increase next season sinking into my bank balance.

This is nice. Not having to go to Luton anymore is even better!

English Premier League -Man City, Chelsea, Spurs

Championship - Everton, Birmingham, Q.P.R.

npower League 1 - Bath, St Neots, Millwall

FA Cup - Spurs

JPT - Bolton

Capital One Cup - Fulham

Hyundai A-League - Heart/Glory

Can't say I've ever played in portrait mode before!

Anyway, well done on promotion! Bath and St Neots in the Championship :eek:

haha yeh its a bit crazy. Mansfield there too as well as some other crazy teams.

Portrait mode is the way to go though. I need the 27" to really make the most of it in match mode as its a bit small, but for menus etc in game i am able to see so much more.

Good stuff in the Championship.
You're rising as fast as Felix Baumgartner falls.
Wow, what a progression up the leagues! Definitely doing something right :thup:

Thanks guys. It's really wierd how easy it is at the moment actually :/

I haven't really changed my squad that much from last season, just patched up a few holes.

That being said, its early in the year and fixture congestion is really getting to the guys. Lost to Mansfield before bed last night which made me sadface :(

St. Neots Town FC - npower Championship - 2021/22 - Ninth

Like the game says, Ding Dong Battle.

Certain people will put this down to my gloating on steam chat, but after the boxing day game I won at Watford in heavy snow and sneaking out a win, It all went downhill. At the time we were sitting in fourth and on a 13 game winning streak but it all came crashing down.

The season started quite badly and we struggled for a long time to find some form, eventually getting there with some real firepower. The boys were working well together, Unsworth was on fire and even the defence seemed to be doing it's job. There were some clean sheets involved if I remember correctly.

The house of cards eventually had to fall due to some fixture congestion and sadly that included losing badly to Hull in the FA Cup 3rd Rnd.

We were still in the race somehow for the playoffs on the last day of fixtures. We had lost the week previously where I didn't play my best against Bath, kind of hoping they would be promoted and then came up against Millwall needing to beat them and Watford to lose to go through on points difference. Sadly it wasn't to be and Watford would go on to earn promotion.

Either way, I was very very happy with how the season ended up as I fully expected a relegation battle at the start of the season when we couldn't even buy a win. Trust me, I tried.

Next season's goal will definatly be to challenge for the playoffs.

League Table

Games

Finances - Another Stadium expansion in the works which cancelled planned facilities upgrades, but looking very healthy. Don't know what the deal is with out sponsership though. 13k/season? really guys?

FA Cup - The start of my fall from grace. We played terrible against Hull and deserved what we got

Capital One Cup - Another bad season start

Squad - Great squad, just need to shore up some holes and really scout out some youngsters for the future

Key Player Profiles

Jaden Drench - Keeps getting better. Was in the team of the year in the Championship.

Zach Udall - I'm overflowing at Right fullback. Another great youngster who has been with us for a few years now. Scored a cracker of a goal early in the season.

Player of the Season

Nathan Meechan -Love this kid. Still scoring a decent amount of goals even without him being the first choice penalty taker anymore. Resigned for four more years, which is why he is now valued at 3.6 Mil

Youth Players

None!

Project Player

Sam Unsworth - Now we're talking! Not the greatest of seasons and we struggled when he was injured in the game against Watford on Boxing day, but at a good level for the Championship

Callum Burton - Wasn't working. Sold

Career Overview

2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship       9th                           

Next Season

Consistancy!

Facility upgrade

Rowley Park doesn't even feel like home anymore. It is constantly being upgraded

It cancelled my planned training and youth upgrade though which is annoying. One thing I like about Rowley Park is that it will go to 10K or more, which means that theoretically, the next stadium would be around 25k? which is a good size for a small PL team.

English Premier League -Chelsea, Man. City, Man Utd.

Championship - Reading, Bath, Watford

League 1 - Walsall, Crewe, Leicester

FA Cup - Arsenal

Capital One Cup - Man City

Champions League - Sporting (POR)

Euro - Barcelona

Hyundai A-League - CCM/Adelaide

Pre-Season Transfers 2022

iq6fB.png

Some really good signings. I have a new mandate of not signing anyone unless my scout with best potential rating says he is good for premier league :)

de Laat should be a great AMC to help out Meechan and Aubert will be an amazing French DC soon enough.

Diaby was a GK replacement for Guy Smith who wanted another payrise and was kind of in a rut anyway. Diaby is from the Ivory Coast and only speaks French which will be an initial barrier we will need to work through, but looks really good

Made a decent buck on Smith to Swansea which was a nice deal. I ended up losing a lot of players who I had been keeping around because I liked them rather than them being good at anything. Blair McKinnon and Chike Kandi were two examples of this, but they were being paid far too much and not really even playing regular football

dale bennet left and really ended up being a bad signing by me

What came as a suprise though, was that Bath offered 875k for Yu Ho Hin. I bought him back in my first BSP season as an amazing left winger. He was fed up last season with no first team football and I was going to release him at the end of the season.

FREE MONEY. Bath are Premier League now though, so I don't think it was the greatest signing from them, but w/e :)

P8fE2.png

Also These guys

Same manager since Day one as well

Archived