[FM13] Something smells fishy over here - Dafuge Challenge

deadfncat

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2026/27 - Fifth

Quite a fun season, but we did get quite bogged down in the middle. The addition of the Euro games didn't really phase me last year, but this season really dragged on for some reason.

We started out quite poorly, missing backups up front and just playing terrible football all around. It wasn't until November where we started to turn it around with quite a good win streak which propelled us up the table, at one time in the top four.

From there though, inconsistancy plauged us and it was only a late season surge which catapulted us into fifth position quite comfortably that made us safe.

The top four teams really are unbeatable at the moment. I don't mean in single games, because I showed this year that each of them I can beat, but their consistancy makes them unstoppable and I will need one of them to stumble in the next few seasons if I want a chance at a CL placing. The lack of extra funds due to my stadium limitation means that I can't spend 30+ mil a year they can and am constantly held back by it.

League Table

The top four are firmly in place, with Arsenal taking the crown from the traditional powerbroking three and this being their first since the 2004 season.

Mid-table battlers Cardiff and Huddersfield played their usual good football and challenged me all season, with stupid Newcastle coming out of nowhere to take fifth.

In the Championship, Tottenham thrashed everyone by virtue of their reputation I am guessing and took home 100 points and a promotion spot. Swansea and Hull will be joining us as well in the top flight next season.

Bath finished mid table with Wrexham and I will be hoping a good season comes to them next year as well.

The League 1 was a disapointment with Norwich coming third and failing in the playoffs and Mansfield sitting in 8th,

Sunderland were the only big relagation, dropping from L1 in last place.

Games

Finances - I spent probably a bit too much in the offseason considering how much we are taking in, but it was needed. We made some quality money though selling players we didn't need this year or ones who I made a pretty profit on.

By the end of the year, I was sitting on only 8 million to get me through the offseason which was depressing, but the end of season cash really helped and boosted me up to about 35.

New training and youth facilities are coming in October at a cost of 6 million as well as a youth coaching level upgrade.

FA Cup - Woeful really and quite disappointing. We got revenge on Everton a few weeks later in the league, but I still wasn't impressed.

Capital One Cup - We did really well in this cup, beating Chelsea in the Qtr final, but embarassed ourselves with a 7-0 away loss. The 2-2 home draw wasn't good enough and we weren't able to take this one home again.

Euro Super Cup - This was a rarity for me. An early season cup which we played well in. Zenit were useless and their late consolation made it seem a lot closer than it was.

Euro Cup - A fairly tough group of Getafe, Werder Bremen and Krasnodar were no trouble to us with the team losing only one game out of the six. The first and second knockout rounds against CSKA Moscow and Werder Bremen were embarassingly easy. Standard in the Qtr Final were even worse, with us taking an 8-0 agg win. It makes me question the quality of the teams when I don't have their leagues loaded, as all of the English squads are bloody tough to play against.

The semi final finally gave us some opposition, with us losing away to Napoli in the first leg, gaining a late goal to keep out heads up for the 2nd. At Rowley Park, Napoli took an early lead sinking my hopes, but after the break Cisneros got the fans on their seats, hoping for a miracle. A 50th minute red card to AMC Zorilla seemed to give up the game for us, until late in injury time with seconds left, Cisneros was the hero heading in a perfect corner to take us into ET. Just after the Extra time break, FB Jimenez tapped in a goal after some confusion from the Napoli defenders and we held on to take the win.

The final against Huddersfield wasn't as exciting but it was a ding dong battle. Every time we scored on them, they would score back within a minute. Quite annoying, until in extra time we scored two very easy goals to secure the title for another season.

Squad - Great defence now with the squad but we are starting to lack that punch up front. With the loss of Wagener to Nurnburg, we will need to do some headhunting in the offseason.

Key Player Profiles

Hugo Manchego - Still the Rock he was, that bald head is a fan favourite at Rowley Park now. Scored his first international goal this season as well, as well as bagging a vital few for us too.

Sebastian Wagener - Leaving at the end of the season as he didn't want to re sign with us. Guessing he wasnt to go back to Germany. He is a fantastic player and will be sorely missed.

Player of the Season

Bradley Page - A midseason pickup when I panicked and realised I didn't have a backup for Cisneros. He was actually fantastic and pushed his Argentine teamate to the Right wing after a goal scoring blitz. Awating a England callup.

Youth Players

Some ok looking kids came through this year, but still nothing to write home about. Heinze and Cuellar were purchased last season and have been developing well in our juniors. They will be seeing first team action next year.

Project Player

players with potential to be stars who I will take under my wing

Sam Unsworth - Only played in seven games this season without a goal. His contract expires next month so he will leave St Neots after eight years of faithful service. I will keep stats on him updated.

Hector Cisneros - Still my best player, but he needs to quit missing easy goals! its frustrating, but it will come in time........

Luis Eduardo - Still awating his arrival. He should be able to make use of out new Youth facilities come October.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. Promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2023/24       St. Neots               England                Premier League              14th   
2024/25       St. Neots               England                Premier League              9th                            Capital One Cup Winners           
2025/26       St. Neots               England                Premier League              6th                            Euro League Winners  
2026/27       St. Neots               England                Premier League              5th                            Euro League Winners     

Next Season

Euro Hatrick

Fourth place, hoping that one of the top four stumbles

A domestic cup.

This is the most devastating news. Best ass man in the game and fkn Man U steal him :(

Facility News

Youth and Training being built again. The stadium limitations are really constricting us at the moment

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City

Championship - Tottenham, Swansea, Hull

League 1 - Crawley, Exeter, Chesterfield

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Arsenal

Champions League - Real Madrid

Euro - St Neots

Euro Super Cup - St Neots

Hyundai A-League - Melbourne/Wellington

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2027/28 - Fourth

A quality season and easily our best so far. I actually don't think the team is as good as last season with us losing quite a few good players. Luckily we found Parzy who was amazing and set many records for us.

We had a poor run of form mid-season, but were quite consistent overall. Luckily Arsenal slipped up later on in the season as we overtook them and stole the CL spot.

League Table

Finally knocked into the four this season, which will really help our rep hopefully.

Wolves were the standout this season, showing some good form to slot into sixth behind Arsenal. Sadly Tottenham were back into decent form after spending a season in the Championship.

I am very glad to get rid of stupid Newcastle for another season!

Our bogey team Reading will be joining the PL next year as well as Notts Co and Watford. Bath and Wrexham nearly dropped in the Championship both sitting at the bottom, but a late surge provided them safety.

Norwich and Mansfield still struggling in the L1

Met Police were promoted to the BSS, but only won one game and were relagated on four points. :(

Games

Finances - Again the 25 million at the end of the season saved us, but we are staying alive for the moment. The CL money next season should do us well if we can make the Groups.

FA Cup - Easy. Only tough team were giant killers Luton who played really well and took us to the line. Leicester were embarassing in the Final and went down easily.

Capital One Cup - Demolished Cardiff in the first game, but fixture congestion killed us in a poor Arsenal

Euro Super Cup - We played well, but were eventually outclassed by a Real Madrid outfit who were much better than us

Euro Cup - Quite an easy group, with the only loss due to fixture congestion and playing a backup keeper. As you can see with the rest of the games, nothing was really too hard. All of the rest of the games, even the final were close but nothing was impossible. Very glad to bag a third cup in a row and hoping for a good CL run next year.

Squad - Great squad and great potential for the boys. The next few seasons will be very interesting if we can hang onto most of them

Key Player Profiles

Ashley Hart - Another great season and still no callup. What the hell are the England selectors doing?

Hugo Manchego - Still need to work on a few things, but his form was excellent this season.

Player of the Season

Robert Parzy - It always seems to be the strikers I don't think will do well that light up the league. Parzy started with a four goal game against his former club Liverpool and didn't stop from there. What a player! My only sadness is that he is 31 and will be dead soon!

Youth Players

Great development. Terrible intake though sadly.

Project Player

Louis Kalonji - Fast lil *******. Not sure where to play him and I dont use wingers.

Luis Eduardo - Great youngster. Really going places.

Retired/Left the club

Sam Unsworth - Now playing at Sligo Rovers in Ireland.

Hector Cisneros - At Man U now. Scored against us within two minutes of the first game against them and he will be worth big dollars in the years to come.

Nathan Meechan - Sadly he retired after wasting away some good years in our reserves. Had a spell at Stevenage but couldn't crack it.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. Promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2023/24       St. Neots               England                Premier League              14th   
2024/25       St. Neots               England                Premier League              9th                            Capital One Cup Winners           
2025/26       St. Neots               England                Premier League              6th                            Euro League Winners  
2026/27       St. Neots               England                Premier League              5th                            Euro League Winners  
2027/28       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            Euro League Winners    

Next Season

Just keep building. It's all about waiting for the new stadium which should be this time next year

Good CL placing and cash

tight budgeting

Facility News

Another training facility upgrade for 5.5 mil. Youth is now maxed out

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man U, Man City, St Neots

Championship - Reading, Notts Co, Watford

League 1 - Doncaster, Derby, Scunthorpe

FA Cup - St Neots

Capital One Cup - Man City

Champions League - Man City

Euro - St Neots

Euro Super Cup - Real Madrid

Hyundai A-League - Adelaide/CCM

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2028/29 - Third

Thomas Semertzidis. Thats who I owe this season to. A 45.5 million transfer signing from Leverkusen, he blitzed the league taking home awards everywhere. He still stubbornly refuses to learn english, but knows exactly how to find the back of the net.

I have nicknamed him Semmo and he is Brilliant and i love him.

We had a bit of a rocky start to the season and I am really getting tired of so many draws. Bogey teams really annoy me in the EPL and we have quite a few of them which is annoying. Luckily this season we were able to get some wins against the big teams again and stay in contention for most of the season.

After beating Tottenham in the penultimate round, Man U played Chelsea who were sitting in 3rd and 4th at the time with us just behind in 5th. This was exactly what we needed with Chelsea then losing their last game and us slotting into 3rd. Chelsea kept onto their CL spot on GD and Man U slipped down to the EL.

Fantastic season overall and I hope to build on it next year.

League Table

League Profile - Somehow we got the 2nd most clean sheets as well which doesn't happen often for us. happy days!

Finally knocked into the four this season, which will really help our rep hopefully.

Wolves were the standout this season, showing some good form to slot into sixth behind Arsenal. Sadly Tottenham were back into decent form after spending a season in the Championship.

I am very glad to get rid of stupid Newcastle for another season!

Our bogey team Reading will be joining the PL next year as well as Notts Co and Watford. Bath and Wrexham nearly dropped in the Championship both sitting at the bottom, but a late surge provided them safety.

Norwich and Mansfield still struggling in the L1

Met Police were promoted to the BSS, but only won one game and were relagated on four points. :(

Games

Finances - Really sinking at the moment and that CL money is really needed. The payments for Semmo are killing us as well as not making any money from attendences. CL and finishing in 3rd saved us for sure this year as I was sitting in the red for most of it.

FA Cup - Unlike last year, this was the hard cup and we demolished QPR who were flying in the Championship, but then played terribly against a bad Bolton side and went down.

Capital One Cup - Great run and two really fun games against Man U in there. The final against Cardiff was sealed by an injury time screamer which really capped off a great cup run.

Euro Super Cup - Just like last year, totally outplayed

Community Shield - Chelsea destroyed us in this game where I tried out a new and unsuccessful tactic. One to forget

Champions League - Finally playing in the big boys club and we only just made it to the groups with HSV really putting us to the sword. We squeaked out a 2-0 2nd leg win but it was close.

Shaktar, Red Star and eventual finalists At. Madrid were a very tough group and I think we did quite well. We ended up in second position after some very well fought games.

In the first round knockout we were up against Lyon who I have been trying to steal youngsters from for years without success. They showed us some of those youngsters in these games and really outclassed us across the park. Even Semmo didnt play well.

Squad - Semmo! I am really loving this squad at the moment, I just need some stars in defence now and somehow get a 5* keeper.

Key Player Profiles

Diego Galletti - Ladykiller Diego is only 19, sniffing around his first cap for Argentina and one of the best players in my team. He is currently in training at sweeper for a specialty tactic I have in mind. Will be one to watch.

Fahri Kok - Another youngster who is finally seeing some quality gametime. He picked up his first Cap for Turkey this year and will be a big part of my plans going foward.

Player of the Season

Thomas Semertzidis (Semmo) - I have a feeling he will be in this place for a few years to come. He broke club and transfer records as well as a few hearts. I would like his composure to be a little higher and I wish he would quit slacking and take some fkn English lessons.

Youth Players

Few good eggs this season. Should be fun to watch. 2x5* P and 1x4*P

Project Player

Louis Kalonji - Great season for the youngster and making great progress

Luis Eduardo - Spent the season at Yeovil. We be interesting to see how he has done. May go out again next year.

Simon Damms - My first two great youngsters to come through the local system

Jared O'Mara -

Retired/Left the club

Sam Unsworth - Now playing at Sligo Rovers in Ireland.

Hector Cisneros - At Man U now. Scored against us within two minutes of the first game against them and he will be worth big dollars in the years to come.

Career Overview

2027/28       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            Euro League Winners  
2028/29       St. Neots               England                Premier League              3rd                            Capital One Cup Winners   

Next Season

Big Season

New Stadium

Do well in CL again and get that cash dolla!

Facility News

Youth upgrade again. Not sure why as it is "top" at the moment.

Stadium 20 year gap has passed but no news yet. Sold out every home game this year.

English Premier League - Arsenal, Man City, St Neots, Chelsea

Championship - QPR, Birmingham, Peterborough

League 1 - Crewe, MK Dons, Brighton

FA Cup - Wolves

Capital One Cup - St Neots

Euro - Stade Rennais FC

Euro Super Cup - Man City

Hyundai A-League - Adelaide/CCM

I had a chat with the board at the start of the season when we were sitting on 19million after some player sales and they cant afford a new stadium. I had saved the game before I chatted with them and most of the responses were "we dont feel its worth implementing this request"

this club will be sinking very soon unless they take this on!

WOW. How is that even possible?
What a collapse by the Gunners!

I dont even know. They arent doing too badly in the CL either so it makes no sense.

When I have played against them in the league they havent been that bad either.

Great stuff Cat. Superb progress. St Neots in the Champions League.

Cheers mate. Just hoping for a stadium announcement at the end of the year

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2029/30 - Fourth

Bit of an odd season. Some really poor form streaks crippled us and left us out of the race in the end. Chelsea were crazy dominant though.

Will be interesting to see how we do over the next few seasons

League Table

Arsenal Relagated muahhaha. They were poor as hell in the league but somehow got the to CL Final.

Games

Finances - Need that new stadium. Our 45 mil or so prize money at the end of the season saved us yet again.

FA Cup - Quite an easy win, but two fantastic games against Man Utd and Everton on the way there. Southampton made both cup finals this year and lost them both.

Capital One Cup - We were poor in the second and third games, only just scraping through but the writing was on the wall against Chelsea. We were decent in the first game, but to lose at home like that is disapointing as we could have had two cups this season.

Champions League - Tough group and OM were TERRIBLE.

FCP were no trouble, with Man City only providing a fight once they were down. Yes that is Arsenal who beat me in the Semi Finals. The same Arsenal who were relegated.

Squad - Loving the team at the moment, but we really need a top keeper. Forgione is good, but makes dumb mistakes far too often.

Key Player Profiles

Diego Galletti - Gutted he missed the World Cup Squad. Loving him playing in the sweeper role and will love his progress in the future.

Jose Maria Zorilla - Finally showing the form we knew he had. Still no Int Cap though!

Player of the Season

Thomas Semertzidis (Semmo) - This guy. Still doesnt know English, but bags goals left right and centre. Golden boot in the EPL for the second season running.

Youth Players

No great new players this season, but will be watching the others keenly. Will try and play some of the older ones in the first team next season.

Project Player

Louis Kalonji - Will get some playing time this season for sure

Luis Eduardo - Disapointing progress. Will probably end up as the backup to Forgione's replacement

Simon Damms - Disapointing progress. Will monitor over the next season, but may be let go depending on how he does

Jared O'Mara - Going great guns. Poor physical stats, but might give him a run next season

Retired/Left the club

Sam Unsworth - Poor. Will retire from this column next season

Hector Cisneros - Worth double what I sold him for and a regular in the Argentina squad. With him and Jenkins, Man Utd are scary on attack

Career Overview

2028/29       St. Neots               England                Premier League              3rd                            Capital One Cup Winners   
2029/30       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            FA Cup Winners/Champions League Semi-Finalist   

Next Season

Stadium

Finances

Stay in the black

Facility News

Need that stadium really bad.

Another training facility upgrade for 1.8 mil which I dont understand. We are apparently already at top

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man City,Man Utd, St Neots

Championship - Everton, Blackburn, Fulham

League 1 - Blackpool, Colchester, Crystal Palace

FA Cup - St Neots

Capital One Cup - Chelsea

Euro - Man Utd

Hyundai A-League - Heart/Adelaide

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2030/31 - Third

Frustrating season. With how well we did in the cups, it either highlights my inconsistancy when it matters or the sheer skill leap between the EPL and everyone else. I toughest games I have played so far in my save have all been English teams.

I think we did really well this season though and we could have taken it all if we hadn't been so woeful down the stretch. In a period where we got to the CL and won it, won the FA cup and had these massive games we were winning, the boys just seemed to turn off for PL games and have a sleep. Very annoying.

However, I was quite content with the squad and are only really lacking an amazing strike partner for Semmo and a new keeper.

League Table

Man City had a pretty poor season and ended up in sixth. Notts Co were a suprise ending up in tenth and playing some good football.

Arsenal easily got out of the Champions just demolishing everyone and ending up on 105 points. Bath and Wrexham were again midtable disapointments.

Games

Finances - 45 mil doesnt really show how much money we were losing per game. It would be 70+ I think if we had a decent stadium. The CL money saved my behind yet again.

FA Cup - I really fun cup run which started poorly against Bath, but we really ramped it up from there. A tough schedule to get to the final, but once there we showed Man City how to win a trophy.

Capital One Cup - I hate Welsh teams. Swansea we Knocked over pretty easily, but Cardiff took us to the Pens where they missed three giving us the title. Man City were a real hassle in the semis too.

Champions League - Quite a rough group this season and I didn't expect to even qualify from it. Luckily we did and went on to breeze by Sporting and Man City. Real Madrid were easy in the first game but really showed us up in the second. Quite odd really.

Atletico Madrid were up in the final and wanted our blood bad. Thankfully we were able to get some goalscoring form which eluded us in the last month of the PL and took the trophy home for the first time.

Squad - Need a keeper and another top class striker, but other than that loving the development.

Key Player Profiles

Diego Galletti - A season marred by Injury, but some good football and developing well too.

Jose Maria Zorilla - Got his first Argentine cap this year and did really well. Really cracking on with the assists and scoring a few vital goals.

Player of the Season

Lukas Eller - Fullback pickup at the start of the season who had a blinder.

Thomas Semertzidis (Semmo) - Lazy ******* finally learnt some English, but his goal scoring ability this season was marred by a disclocated shoulder and average form.

Youth Players

Decent prospects this season but nothing game changing. The imports are really shining though. They won the U18 cup this season.

Project Player

Louis Kalonji - Getting rotation in the main squad. Fantastic youngster

Jared O'Mara - Great progress this season. Saw a few games and will get more next year.

Retired/Left the club

Hector Cisneros - Broke the Premier League for amount of goals scored this season by 5. sadface

Career Overview

2029/30       St. Neots               England                Premier League              4th                            FA Cup Winners/Champions League Semi-Finalist   
2030/31       St. Neots               England                Premier League              3rd                            Champions League/FA Cup/Capital One Cup Winners 

Next Season

Stadium

Finances

Stay in the black

Same as last year :)

Facility News

Need that stadium really bad.

Sold out every single home game of the year

Have a look at the amount of sold out home games.

English Premier League - Man Utd, Chelsea, St Neots, Liverpool

Championship - Arsenal, Peterborough, Reading

League 1 - Barnsley, Bolton, Oxford

FA Cup - St Neots

Capital One Cup - St Neots

Champions League - St Neots

Euro - Valencia

Hyundai A-League - Heart/Phoenix

I have kind of given up on writing a big EOS at the moment so Ill just post a little one.

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

Finally won the league this year which was a relief. I didn't think it would ever happen. We weren't as lucky in the cups which probably helped us in the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Resigned from St Neots in 2034 and spent a season at Bath who were in the EPL for the first time in about a decade. Really wasn't feeling it in the EPL though so I resigned from there and moved to Malaysia.

I have decided to do the San Marino challenge.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319561-The-Sammarinese-Challenge

Will retire my manager and start a new one.

Long serving and celebrated St Neots Manager Mitch Lomax has retired today at the age of 50. He cited medical conditions which have recently limited his capacity as a manager while working in Malaysia. His daughter Michelle, will take over the family tradition taking up the reins at San Marino in the Italian Serie C2/A

Archived