[FM13] Something smells fishy over here - Dafuge Challenge

deadfncat

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking season in the Championship. Hopefully you can get promoted next season. I cant believe the progress Bath have made!
That's crazy for Bath! Looks like Oxford in my FM12 save.

Yeh they are crazy. I didn't play my full strength squad against them in the second last game of the season last year because i wanted them promoted ;) They are having the same issues as me at the moment. Trying to upgrade stadium as fast as possible etc.

I'd 8-2 be a Brighton fan after that... :cool:

Someone had to say it! :o :D

1am and you made me laugh :) On the follow up game I only just got by them 3-2. They still stink, but we have lost some of that shine we got in that little period where we were awesome.

My entire backline is foreign and only one of them speaks any English which is making it difficult. Great players, great potential, no communcation

6840D5E3266F89557C119586D3AFF891200A7D02

Saints_Crest_Hero_Web_White_Shadow.jpg

St. Neots Town FC - npower Championship - 2022/23 - Sixth

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!

What a wierd season. Like all my games I guess. We would have streaks of 3-4 massive wins and then just keep on losing games. Then another streak and so on. I was sitting mid table in early January content with a mid table finish if we could keep it by the end of the season. We had a great squad, they just needed to gel and learn English and I though that next season would be ours. A late run took us really close though and a winner over Notts Co on the final day leap frogged us over stupid Millwall and into the playoffs!

Playoffs

We had been playing really well getting some nice wins over strong teams recently, but coming up against Luton was another matter indeed. They had allowed the least amount of goals all season so some pre game match attacking training was in store for the team.

We stepped out onto the park in front of a packed Rowley Park and just dominated them. Unsworth netted two great goals and new French import Pindi showed that language doesn't matter when he wants to score from way out.

In the second leg, I parked the bus a bit which isn't really how we play. Because of that, we came out a bit lacklustre and the game was a bit boring. We traded goals with Luton all match but neither side truly wanted to take the fight to the other. Good enough for us and it would see us off to Wembley.

Mansfield were waiting in the Final. Another team who had come from the lower leagues to dominate at the top and we were here to get there before they could.

The game was a tight battle and didn't really get going until the 52nd minute when Mansfield's midfielder Zac Corbell netted a screamer to sink the hearts of every St Neots fan. Not to be outdone though, Hector Carrasco worked brilliantly with Meechan to score a great goal and take us level. Unsworth took us in front four minutes later and the crowd went wild. Only a few minutes later, it was Meechan taking top billing, scoring a great solo goal and hopefully sealing the deal for us to head to the PL. Mansfield brought the game back to a goal one minute later, but it wasn't enough as the team held together and took the game.

League Table - Full Table

Look at those goal :)

Games

Finances - We are losing money pretty badly at the moment and next season will only get worse. Rowley Park is sitting at max capacity every game and we need an expansion, but we also have training and youth facilities being upgraded which are needed as well.

FA Cup - Started off terribly, pretty much just scraping by a bad non-league Worksop and then played brilliantly against Newcastle to only go down by a late penalty.

Capital One Cup - I just can't do this Cup. Beat Brentford which was first, but lost in a really poor game against Wallsall who we beat twice in the league this year

Squad - The foreign backline started the season afresh and really took awhile to gel together. The only defender I had who spoke English was Jaden Drench and he was easily the best of them. They all know how to ask directions on how to get to the bank now, so we should be ok. I am still lacking a killer MC and may need to look at investing in an amazing Striker to eventually replace Unsworth.

Key Player Profiles

Ab de Laat - Another great AMC who I signed after he was with us last year on loan. Would only accept a one year contract though and doesn't want to even talk to me about resigning. A shame.

Hector Carraasco - Great AMC who plays well with Meechan. Set both Meechan and Unsworth up for a few vital goals in the 6 months he has been here. Will feature heavily next year

Player of the Season

Nathan Meechan -Still dominating. Glad I paid him so much last year to keep him. It is well worth it now. Nathan ended up with the most PLayer of the match awards and the Player of the season. What a champion.

Youth Players

None! le sigh

Project Player

players with potential to be stars who I will take under my wing

Sam Unsworth - Top scorer in the league and a great season. Getting better by the year and will be interesting to see if he cuts it next season.

Arkadiusz Kaminski - Needed a project Goalkeeper and the DoF has been trying to sign a second one for me all season. This kid seemed the best of the bunch so I picked him up and sent him to Yeovil who have better training facilities than we do. I'm thinking that since we have better coaches that may be cancelled out but who knows? He is getting better though which is all that really matters. I dont think he will overtake my #1 keeper Diarby, but will warm the bench and eventually be sold

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. Promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship       9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship       6th                            Promoted via Playoffs

Next Season

Survival

Facility upgrades

Stadium Upgrade

Yet another stadium upgrade. Youth and Training cancelled.

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League -Chelsea, Man. City, Arsenal

Championship - West Ham, Stoke, St Neots

League 1 - Leeds, Hartlepool, Colchester

FA Cup - Aston Villa

Capital One Cup - Tottenham

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Toulouse

Hyundai A-League - Heart/CCM

Well done on promotion! 106 goals :cool:
Good luck in the PL.

Cheers guys. Having trouble in the league at the moment, but the excessive cash doesn't hurt :)

This is the sort of thing that is troubling me at the moment.

3FDC664E889CEDC64F418F505FB2D7B6122468FB

Yep. 3 Red cards in 7 games

D1AF0ABDD3976FF66419C452D1CF80F528F38573

Harry is finally cashing out. He told me his grandkids wanted their inheritance so he had to. Oh well, bring on the big bucks!

Saints_Crest_Hero_Web_White_Shadow.jpg

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2023/24 - Fourteenth

This is the big leagues kids. Strap yourself in.

We started the season with a squad which retained the core of the old guard with a few tweaks so I was confident I could at least fight for survival and not be dominated all season. The 58 million for TV rights over the season really helped with that as well.

The first game was a fantastic introduction to the league with Wolves letting us win and then we were robbed in the 92nd minute against Villa and only took a point. From there it was the typical ups and downs of a lower spending club in the EPL. Beating the other lower clubs and getting thumped by the big kids. In our favour, I will say that we fought really well against the big clubs and took two big scalps, Liverpool and Arsenal which were both great games. A Man Utd 1-1 draw was also quite memorable as well as a 2-2 draw with Cardiff who were sitting in fourth place at the time.

Overall I was quite pleased with the season and think the team did really well to end up where we did. If the schedule had been a bit kinder towards the end of the season, we could have had 11th spot which is where we were sitting for most of the year.

Stay tuned kids, the fun has only just begun......

League Table

Cardiff doing really well and were really tough to break down all season. The top three are near unbeatable at the moment and have held the title between the three of them since 2018, when Man City won but Wolves and Tottenham were up there as well. The points difference between Chelsea and Arsenal really highlights that fact.

Games

Finances - Is this real life? I will finally get my training and youth upgrades this season. Also, with Rowley Park yet again maxing out at 12500 every week since it was re-opened in April, another upgrade has to be on the cards as well I'm guessing. Hopefully by next season, we have 20 mil or so spare so I can try and snag a certain Arsenal striker

FA Cup - Did really well against non Premier League clubs, but we met our bogey team in Birmingham who we just can't seem to ever beat. Was disapointed as well, because the qtr Finals would have been a great achievement for the club

Capital One Cup - Getting better at this cup, but still losing to no PL teams just isn't on and should never happen.

Squad - The Foreigners mostly know English know and it really shows as they work well together. Idiots like Dembinny and Aubert loved to get sent off this season and we broke records for discipline, but there were still some standouts. Sadly, club Icon Nathan Meechan seems to be a little out of his depth at the club now and is surrounded by players who can outplay him. He has lost the title of player of the club and will be let go in the next year.

There are still a few holes I need to fill and depending on which tactics I decide on, some things may need to be changed. We are also missing that one gamebreaker player, but hopefully I can snag one in the next year or two.

Key Player Profiles

Irakli Khidesheli - AMCs seem to be my favourite type of player in this save. This Georgian kid is fantastic, still needs to learn English but has some great stats and great potential.

Damien Aubert - A rock in defence who really held the team together in some tough games. One of the players who finally learnt English this season and improved signifcantly.

Player of the Season

Aleksi Nyman -Fantastic Finnish Midfielder who lit up the field in the second half of the season. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

Youth Players

None! le sigh

Project Player

Sam Unsworth - Had a solid start to the season, but started to lose playing time to the new mid season recruits. He is missing that wow factor for Premier league and sadly I don't see him being at the club much longer. He has been a great striker and has taken me far though. At only 24, I see him carving out a great league 1/championship career for himself.

Arkadiusz Kaminski - Spent the season on the bench after another short loan to Yeovil. Will probably be sold in the offseason as I try to pick up a star keeper and move Diarby to backup/potential.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!
2020/21       St. Neots               England                npower League 1             2nd                           Second Place. Promoted
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship       9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship       6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2023/24       St. Neots               England                Premier League              14th                            

Next Season

Move up the table

Good cup run

Facility upgrades

Stadium Upgrade

Facility News

Youth and Training being built now. Another stadium expansion expected.

English Premier League - Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea

Championship - QPR, Newcastle, Swansea

League 1 - Brighton, Bolton, Chesterfield

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Southampton

Champions League - Man City

Euro - FC Bayern

Hyundai A-League - Brisbane/Melbourne

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2024/25 - Ninth

A much better season in the league and a great building one. Actually had some decent transfer money to spend this year and we went and really bulked up the team. What I need though is some training facilities to really improve our players once they arrive here.

The season started off poorly as usual, but once we got going there was some good progress. There was a mid season form slump, but after that we seemed to win more than we lost and did really well I think. Wins over Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal were all standout games.

League Table

The Man U, Chelsea and Man City trio was broken this season with Arsenal slotting into 3rd spot. Cardiff and Huddersfield were very strong early in the season but slid down to mid table later on.

Sadly, Bath and Norwich were relagated from the Championship this season. Bath are selling out their 20k stadium so I'm not sure what their problem is.

Wrexham will be joining the Championship next year which is another team skyrocketing.

Games

Finances - Spending 35 million on transfer fees was really needed for us to progress with the big boys. Training, Youth and Youth Levels are all being upgraded in the offseason. A new stadium has to be around the corner as well

FA Cup - Probably the worst FA cup outing in a few years. We were thrashed by Swansea while trialling a new tactic.

Capital One Cup - An amazing run in a cup we have never been good at. A fantastic game against Tottenham in the 3rd round where we someone snuck away on penalties. Two close games against Huddersfield and West Brom put us into the Semi Finals where Championship team Stoke were just too easy. We parked the bus in the second leg and took away the agg win. Man Utd in the Final and what a game it was. New Swiss Left back Tomasone headed in a brilliant corner to take us up and we held on. Euro Next season!!

Squad - The whole squad is now comprised of foreigners except for Karl Carratt who is a quality AMC for us and two players I can't get rid of, Unsworth and Meechan :)

I finally have some stability in defence and just need to strengthen these guys I have now. We lost DC Dueland to Tottenham who paid his release fee, so I splashed out and brought in Stojecevic from West Brom who is a monster in defence. Really happy with the squad but we are still lacking that one amazing player.

Key Player Profiles

Rony Mejia - Love this kid. He is only 25 and he already has 90 appearances for Honduras. His Physical stats are a bit on the low side, so he may be replaced in the next few seasons.

Karl Carratt - Plays great off the bench and the only native in the team. Is a speed demon, but for his woeful finishing skills scores pretty well.

Player of the Season

Aleksi Nyman -Still rockin and our top goalscorer. Really needs better facilities to progress to a higher level though.

Youth Players

Some crap but nothing worth posting here

Project Player

Sam Unsworth - Bit part player at this point sadly. Still being paid far too much so no one else wants him. Still has two years on his contract though

Arkadiusz Kaminski - Contract expired and released. Not working

Hector Cisneros - This kid is brimming with potential and will be a star. Its just getting him to that point. We missed him for the first month of his contract with him playing in the South American U20 Championships and taking home a medal from that. First task is to teach him English and get our system up and running.

Career Overview

2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       1st 
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2023/24       St. Neots               England                Premier League              14th   
2024/25       St. Neots               England                Premier League              9th                            Capital One Cup Winners             

Next Season

Move up the table. 5th-6th would be brilliant

Good cup run again. League and FA Cup Qtrs

Euro Groups

Facility upgrades

New Stadium Funds

Facility News

Youth and Training being built now. New stadium expected in the next season or two. Rowley Park was built in 2009 so we may have to wait a few seasons which is really going to limit us a lot.

English Premier League - Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal

Championship - Leicester, Stoke, Hull

League 1 - Bristol City, Blackpool, Wrexham

FA Cup - Chelsea

Capital One Cup - St Neots

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Stuttgart

Hyundai A-League - Brisbane/CCM

Congratulations on getting into Europe. Will really help you attract higher quality players.

cheers. hope so

This is our start to the season. Doing really well I think. We should have had the 3 against Stoke. Stupid ******** stole two goals at the death and then luckily missed a 90+1 penalty

62388CE933822797FB0EE00A2231675F53E9DDFD

Nice work winning the Capital One Cup! decent start to the season aswel. Keep it up.
Good work on a 'major' trophy.
Well done on winning the cup! A season in Europe will really help the club's finance and reputation (even if it is only the Europa League :)).
Congrats on winning the League Cup last season.Hopefully a run in Europe this season will help increase the club's reputation.
Congrats on the silverware! I nice run in Europe should boost those coffers :thup:

Cheers guys. Really having a lot of fun with it this season. Had this little gem come up. No thanks!

13F2FD3E039EEE88FBA8E46A5BB90C5ECC6E3990

and then our first big PL win which I was quite proud of

99DF708C3DDDAFF2ADF80F98BD27BB40AA3EFB88

C5W5D.png

St. Neots Town FC - English Premier League - 2025/26 - Sixth

A fantastic season overall. We had a blinder and if not for a close match with Man City and a dismal effort against Reading, we would have had a streak for over the first half of the season.

There were far too many drawn games after the Xmas period and a stretch of poor form at the end when the scheduling was chaotic meant we slipped from well out in fourth to hanging on to sixth.

Either way, we got another shot at the Euro next year and I will focus more on the EPL instead, trying to get to the fabled CL land.

League Table

The old triumvirate were back again this year, bumping Arsenal back down to fourth. As you can see on the table, I am surrounded by my bogey teams whom I hate. What is really good about this season though is that Liverpool played rubbish and stupid Tottenham were relagated. Hooray dont come back!

In the Championship Mansfield were disapointing and BSS team Wrexham were frontrunners for the first half of the season, but fell away and finished in 15th which was disapointing.

Bath are back in the Championship next season after blitzing the L1.

Games

Finances - Looking really good. I spent less on transfers this season and actually ended up making some good coin on a few transfers. I brought in a Swiss left back from the Greek league last season for 2.8 million and sold him to Hull halfway through this season for 6. Profit! Upgradining both facilities this year won't even really dent the finances and we are looking good for making a big splash in the transfer market next season.

FA Cup - Wrexham were on a crazy streak when we played them and were really tough. West Ham were disposed of easily, but Man City are a hard nut to crack. Thrashed us bad.

Capital One Cup - I don't want to talk about it. Man Utd got big time revenge for the final last year. They were knocked out in the next round by Bolton, which kind of makes it worse.

Euro Cup - Started well against Czech side Jablonec and then somehow scraped through in the home leg for sv Heerenveen. In the groups, nothing was too difficult with only Osasuna providing any real reistance, but we didn't lose a game.

AZ bore the brunt of our fury and when after a really close loss away to Sevilla, we somehow found form and won 2-0 at home to go through.

Semi Final had us against Feyenoord, who were really easy. We walked over them in the first leg 4-1 and then for the second leg I rested a few players and we lost 1-0 but still went through on agg.

The final was amazing with us smashing Napoli and really we should have scored more on them. The boys played really well and we finally take home a big time trophy. Now we just need to get it's big brother.

Squad - Playing pretty well now. Cisneros is coming into his own and becoming a stand out player. Our defence was weak at times this year but we made do. Our main concern at the moment is the depth we have. There are some players to be called upon but no one really good. Also getting home grown players for the Euro is becoming a challenge which stretches us for those games.

Key Player Profiles

Hugo Manchego - Rock in defence at a nice price. Fantastic player.

Sebastian Wagener - Works brilliantly with Hart in attack and links up well with Cisneros. No complaints here!

Player of the Season

Ashley Hart -Fantastic player who still doesn't have his first English cap. Has been called up a few times on the bench but no luck yet.

Youth Players

Still nothing fantastic which is disapointing

Project Player

Sam Unsworth - Only played him this season when he was needed due to injuries. He still has a season on his contract, but I am trying to sell him.

Hector Cisneros - Killing it now. Scored some crackers this year

Luis Eduardo - My future GK project. He has some amazing potential and I picked him up for 2.5 mil from Internacional. Should be fun to watch.

Career Overview

2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       1st 
2021/22       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         9th    
2022/23       St. Neots               England                npower Championship         6th                            Promoted via Playoffs
2024/25       St. Neots               England                Premier League              9th                            Capital One Cup Winners           
2025/26       St. Neots               England                Premier League              6th                            Euro League Winners     

Next Season

Do well in Euro again

Develop talent and save some cash

Try and overtake one of the big clubs to get 4th or 5th

Facility News

Youth and Training being built again. New stadium might have to wait until 2029 which is severely limiting our cash potential at the moment.

English Premier League - Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City

Championship - QPR, Fulham, Everton

League 1 - Bath, Walsall, Doncaster

FA Cup - Chelsea

Capital One Cup - Arsenal

Champions League - Zenit St Petersburg

Euro - St Neots

Hyundai A-League - Adelaide/Adelaide

Good job buddy. Well done on winning the Europa League
Fantastic work winning the Europa League!
Wonderful stuff, qualifying for the EL then winning it!
Great stuff winning the Europa League.
Cracking season.

Thanks guys. EL was suprisingly easy? I mean there were a few tough teams, but any of the higher EPL teams could have won it

I have restructured the squad this season and made a few big investments, as well as a few players leaving. Teams coming and buying players off of me who I got in on frees etc.

With another facilities upgrade coming through in the later half of the season I should be set to make a push for the CL next season. However I don't think this year much will happen due to the changes I have put in place. Might be a few too many holes in the team this year as well.

What I really need to get to is the point in big PL games against the top 3 sides and not assume I'm going to lose. Once I am there, its all golden!

Cisneros is killing it! I started the year with the Yips and at one point was sitting in 18th after 10 games. Have turned it around now, but it makes me wonder how my season would be had we been good from the start.

This is Cisneros' latest award

516703446FB147EFB806CB9D6E86C5323185FF7E

Archived