Howard Webb to referee another final? No.

boots

What do you think? His chances must be good now that England are out.

Cuneyt Çakır will take charge of Portugal-Spain, with Damir Skomina as fourth official.

Stephane Lannoy has Germany-Italy, with Webb as fourth official.

Not sure what other referees are left. Pedro Proenca did yesterday's match, but if Portugal advances he's done for the tournament. Nicola Rizzoli also did one of the quarterfinals, but he's out if Italy advances.

I think Craig Thomson is still around, would be amusing if he got it :D. He can be excellent - in one Old Firm game he was the best ref of the fixture I'd seen in a long time - or very, very bad depending on what day it is. When he makes mistakes they tend to be the kinds of huge clangers that leave fans and players dangerously enraged. The last Scottish Cup Final had a perfect example of it.

Loves to give penalties for fouls outside the box.

Not sure how these things work tbh, but is it really likely he'd be getting two finals in a row? Wouldn't Skomina stand a bigger chance?

FIFA and UEFA are different organisations though so him having done the WC final will not be a factor for getting/missing this one.

I think Craig Thomson is still around, would be amusing if he got it :D. He can be excellent - in one Old Firm game he was the best ref of the fixture I'd seen in a long time - or very, very bad depending on what day it is. When he makes mistakes they tend to be the kinds of huge clangers that leave fans and players dangerously enraged. The last Scottish Cup Final had a perfect example of it.

Loves to give penalties for fouls outside the box.

Would love him to get it just to see the reaction from Hibs fans :D

Looking a bit more at it it would indeed seem that the choice will be between Webb or Skomina (Thomson still has an outside shot but I'd be surprised).

Looking very much like a Webb final tbh...

Has Viktor Kassai been sent home? Really surprised his odds are so long, suggesting he's not in contention.

No one has been officially sent home but I think it is safe to say that Kassais assistants ended his chances of getting a final. Getting the ball over the line situation wrong was obviously the biggie but they had a few other iffy calls too.

Seeing as how he was clearly biased to the advantage of the Spanish in the WC final, it was always clear he wouldn't get a final with Spain involved :p

Archived