A Trillionaire's Playground 2012 - Manngeld Returns Once More

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Challenge #1

I had 2 in mind, but ill go with the old reliable "Coke" or "Coca-Cola"

Good thing you didn't go with the other one! Indeed, guessing the sponsor correctly for the Coca-Cola North American Cup nets you both a 100 point reputation boost, and a cash prize of £1M, which will go straight into the club's bank balance.

Challenge #1

Given Manngeld's German roots, I'm going to go with Volkswagen.

And straight away, a second winner! The Volkswagen European Super Cup is maybe not the most glamorous of competitions for arguably the biggest company in Manngeld's homeland, but it does fetch your German based club a glamorous prize of £1M.

Challenge #1 : Apple

A very good guess, but unfortunately not. Too busy convincing the world that the new iPad is slightly different, the American technology giants were not interested in any deal.

Challenge #1 Mercedes

Unfortunately not. Mercedes were interested in a sponsorship deal, but Manngeld decided in the end that Volkswagen would be a better choice.

Challenge #1

Korea Ferrous Metals Export & Import Corporation

A cracking guess, but not a successful one I'm afraid. Bit of a mouthful for sponsorship purposes.

problem with that is the AI board will in time build a whole new stadium with out the chairman wanting too

This is unfortunately true; I can however block any new stadium builds in FMRTE I believe.

Challenge 1

Sports interactive (SI)

Challenge #1: Sony
Challenge 1

Santander Banking Group

Challenge #1

Becks (Well known German Beer :))

All incorrect guesses I'm afraid. I'm toying with the idea that, in an hour or so, I'll allow all those who have failed to guess a sponsor correctly to have another crack at it. I'll also tell you now, that only four countries have more than one sponsor from their shores, and three of those speak English.

And straight away, a second winner! The Volkswagen European Super Cup is maybe not the most glamorous of competitions for arguably the biggest company in Manngeld's homeland, but it does fetch your German based club a glamorous prize of £1M.

Woo hoo! With all our money spent on infrastructure, this is the only £1m the club has, so a very nice little bonus...

Challenge #1

Bwin

Challenge #1

Adidas

Challenge #1 - barclays bank
Guess at Challenge - Nike
Challenge #1: Cadburys
Challenge #1

Budweiser seems like a likely sponsor.

Mangeld - but if that isn't a company, then Allianz!

I'm afraid none of these are correct. (Glenn, Manngeld Enterprises is indeed a company and a sponsor but of course had already been unveiled before the challenge began. They're hosting it! ;))

Challenge #1 - Samsung

Our third winner! Correctly identifying the Samsung Asian Super Cup earns a cool £1M for your club.

Challenge #1 Virgin Group, Richard Branson loves crazy schemes.

We have the first jackpot of the day! Branson loved it indeed, and is paying a considerable sum to sponsor the Virgin Cup Winners' Cup. This correct guess means that Il Viola Diavoli will gain the advantage of a young superstar. Details on this player will be shared once the sign up proper begins.

Challenge 1 Budweiser

Hang on, second guesses hadn't started yet! :p

Can those who have guessed guess again?

Those who failed at their first guess can indeed go again.

A hint; failed guesses have included confectioners, banks and vehicle manufactures. There are sponsors remaining unidentified from each of these categories.

Our third winner! Correctly identifying the Samsung Asian Super Cup earns a cool £1M for your club.

Never have I been happier I bought a Samsung TV. I was honestly reading brands I could see from my sofa!

Challenge #1:

I have to think that Ferrari would be the sponser in Italy.

Good thinking, but unfortunately they aren't. There aren't individual sponsors per country by the way, but rather 3/4 per continent as well as 2 for the worldwide competititions.

Never have I been happier I bought a Samsung TV. I was honestly reading brands I could see from my sofa!

Excellent! A solid strategy :p

Just a quick question, would it be possible for you to put a list of the competitions, and then when we guess them right you fill in the sponsor, so people have a better idea of what to guess? Its just a suggestion.

Not a stupid idea at all, should make things a little clearer:

[b]Shell[/b] European Premier Division
___ European Divisions 1-4
[b]Nestlé[/b] European Cup
[b]Volkswagen[/b] European Super Cup

___ Asian Premier Division
[b]Toyota[/b] Asian Divisions 1-3
[b]Emirates[/b] Asian Cup
[b]Samsung[/b] Asian Super Cup

___ African Premier Division
___ African Divisions 1-4
[b]MTN[/b] African Cup
___ African Super Cup

___ North American Premier Division
[b]América Móvil[/b] North American Divisions 1 & 2
[b]Coca-Cola[/b] North American Cup
___ North American Super Cup

[b]Petrobras[/b] South American Premier Division
___ South American Cup
___ South American Super Cup

[b]Qantas[/b] Oceanic Premier Division
[b]Foster's[/b] Oceanic Cup
___ Oceanic Super Cup

[b]Google[/b] World Club Cup
[b]Virgin[/b] Cup Winners' Cup
[b]Manngeld[/b] Trophy

We have the first jackpot of the day! Branson loved it indeed, and is paying a considerable sum to sponsor the Virgin Cup Winners' Cup. This correct guess means that Il Viola Diavoli will gain the advantage of a young superstar. Details on this player will be shared once the sign up proper begins.

Hooray for crazy billionaires!

2nd Guess: Citibank
Challenge 1: Carlsberg

The answers are gonna be so obvious when they come out but I just can't think of anything else!

2nd Guess: Ikea

All good ideas but none correct I'm afraid!

Challenge #1 Cadburys
Santander :)
Challenge #1 Samsung

I'm afraid these three have all been guessed before! (Samsung correctly). I'm not that mean so I'll let you three have another go :p

Right, next guess: Petrobas

The fifth correct answer, congratulations. The Brazilian energy giants are paying for the right to sponsor the Petrobras South American Premier Division. A 100 point rep boost and £1M coming your way.

The fifth correct answer, congratulations. The Brazilian energy giants are paying for the right to sponsor the Petrobras South American Premier Division. A 100 point rep boost and £1M coming your way.

Woop woop, research works!

P.s. This is an awesome idea Dave - great to see the thread kicking off

With all this excitement currently filling the thread, if any new readers see this, there are still plenty of spaces in the sign up to fill! :)

Have you thought about touting it around the small club challenge threads? Tend to be plenty of active users to lure in...

Have you thought about touting it around the small club challenge threads? Tend to be plenty of active users to lure in...

I thought about it, but didn't think it'd be right to hijack others' threads for advertising. I'll be posting in the Sign Ups HQ at some point soon.

Challenge #1 - MTN ( telecommunications company in SA) has to be one of the african cup or league sponsors

Well, well, well. Didn't think that one would be going any time soon! A fantastic guess, correctly identifying the MTN African Cup nets you a well earned 100+ rep and £1M.

Archived