AI Experiment - The Bandits, The Sheriffs and FM12

Starlets and Idiots – Ability and Nationality Overview

All nationalities were picked at random, and all starlets and idiots were declared for their nations. They were all given England as a second nationality to avoid work permit and language issues.

Starlets:

Goalkeeper 1 (GK) – 100 CA – Paraguay

Goalkeeper 2 (GK) – 75 CA – Brunei

Left Back 1 (LB/LWB) – 100 CA – Scotland

Left Back 2 (LB/LWB) – 75 CA – Romania

Right Back 1 (RB/RWB) – 100 CA – Ecuador

Right Back 2 (RB/RWB) – 75 CA – Trinidad & Tobago

Centre Back 1 (SW/DC) – 100 CA – Switzerland

Centre Back 2 (SW/DC) – 75 CA – Anguilla

Centre Back 3 (SW/DC) – 100 CA – Martinique

Centre Back 4 (SW/DC) – 75 CA – Tahiti

Left Mid 1 (LM/LW) – 100 CA – Iceland

Left Mid 2 (LM/LW) – 75 CA – East Timor

Right Mid 1 (RM/RW) – 100 CA – Bulgaria

Right Mid 2 (RM/RW) – 75 CA – Zanzibar

Defensive Mid 1 (DM/MC) – 100 CA – Barbados

Defensive Mid 2 (DM/MC) – 75 CA – Sint Maartan

Attacking Mid 1 (AM/MC) – 100 CA – Haiti

Attacking Mid 2 (AM/MC) – 75 CA – Turkmenistan

Striker 1 (ST) – 100 CA – Tahiti

Striker 2 (ST) – 75 CA – Paraguay

Striker 3 (ST) – 100 CA – Estonia

Striker 4 (ST) – 75 CA – Comoros

Paraguay and Tahiti do the best from the starlets, getting two each, with a decent spread of country quality. No giants of the world game get a single starlet.

Driven Idiot GK (GK) – 125 CA – Belize

Driven Idiot Def (SW/DC/LB/LWB/RB/RWB) – 125 CA – Chinese Taipei

Driven Idiot Mid (DM/MC/AM/LM/LW/RM/RW) – 125 CA – Wales

Driven Idiot Str (ST) – 125 CA – Togo

Lazy Idiot GK (GK) – 150 CA – Mongolia

Lazy Idiot Def (SW/DC/LB/LWB/RB/RWB) – 150 CA – Nigeria

Lazy Idiot Mid (DM/MC/AM/LM/LW/RM/RW) – 150 CA – Congo

Lazy Idiot Str (ST) – 150 CA – Qatar

Another mix of nationalities for the idiots, and no country getting an idiot and a starlet, so Paraguay and Tahiti remain the countries with the most gained from the player additions.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it quite strange that when randomising the nationalities not a single 'top' nation recieved any of the players. All of the teams seem to be from the bottom half of the Fifa rankings. Coincidence, or anomaly?

Total coincidence - I fed all the countries into a random generator piece of code, and picked out thirty. Mind you, there were comfortably over 200 nations - I think it is more of a case of there being a huge amount of 'smaller' nations.

Love it! My adopted 2nd FM nationality of Tahiti (my youth academy in Football Manager Live was based there and I became unhealthily attached to them) are going to be integral to this iteration of the Bandits!!!

CB4 & S1 to dominate the world (I hope :) )

Total coincidence - I fed all the countries into a random generator piece of code, and picked out thirty. Mind you, there were comfortably over 200 nations - I think it is more of a case of there being a huge amount of 'smaller' nations.

Tbf there are quite a few mid-quality international sides like Paraguay, Nigeria, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Romania...hardly complete minnows.

Ahh I see. I thought that the game had somehow assigned the nationalities.

In that case never mind, it will make the experiment all the more interesting.

Hoped to see Armenia get a starlet, never mind.

How many promotion places are up for grabs in these early leagues? Is it going to be a case of only one of them being able to make it up or could they go up side by side all the way to the Premier League (in the long term obviously)?

Hello again.

Right, I'll be answering questions in a bit (when I can load the save, for some of them), but importantly, is there anything else you want to know about the state of the game world before the experiment starts?

Hello again.

Right, I'll be answering questions in a bit (when I can load the save, for some of them), but importantly, is there anything else you want to know about the state of the game world before the experiment starts?

Would it be possible to list the current world rankings for the national teams that there are Bandits or Idiots qualified for?

Perhaps a yearly update on how their rankings are progressing as our kids begin to make appearances?

Would it be possible to list the current world rankings for the national teams that there are Bandits or Idiots qualified for?

Perhaps a yearly update on how their rankings are progressing as our kids begin to make appearances?

Good shout. I'll do this.

Great idea :) even though Paraguay will be top the whole time :)

Not that you can (or should) add it at this point, but it might be interesting to see what happens when they don't speak English. Do the Starlets react better than the Idiots? Do they pick up the language faster? You can probably get the same info when they ultimately move to other countries though.

Great stuff.

How many promotion places are up for grabs in these early leagues? Is it going to be a case of only one of them being able to make it up or could they go up side by side all the way to the Premier League (in the long term obviously)?

Just this that was asked earlier.

Not that you can (or should) add it at this point, but it might be interesting to see what happens when they don't speak English. Do the Starlets react better than the Idiots? Do they pick up the language faster? You can probably get the same info when they ultimately move to other countries though.

Great stuff.

I think all the players have England as a second nation, so they should all be fluent.

To answer a few questions:

The league both clubs start in has 21 clubs, with one automatic promotion spot and a playoff zone from positions 2-5. At least one of the teams will have to rely on the playoffs to go up.

None of the players have any youth caps.

Starlet and Idiot Nationality Rankings

26 (-). 805 - Paraguay (Goalkeeper 1, Striker 2)

30 (-). 779 - Switzerland (Centre Back 1)

43 (-). 636 - Nigeria (Lazy Idiot Def)

48 (-). 599 - Bulgaria (Right Mid 1)

53 (-). 572 - Romania (Left Back 2)

61 (-). 514 - Scotland (Left Back 1)

67 (-). 479 - Ecuador (Right Back 1)

79 (-). 400 - Estonia (Striker 3)

87 (-). 380 - Trinidad & Tobago (Right Back 2)

89 (-). 370 - Qatar (Lazy Idiot Str)

113 (-). 273 - Wales (Driven Idiot Mid)

117 (-). 256 - Haiti (Attacking Mid 1)

121 (-). 244 - Iceland (Left Mid 1)

123 (-). 240 - Togo (Driven Idiot Str)

124 (-). 239 - Congo (Lazy Idiot Mid)

138 (-). 177 - Turkmenistan (Attacking Mid 2)

145 (-). 157 - Barbados (Defensive Mid 1)

148 (-). 146 - Belize (Driven Idiot GK)

163 (-). 106 - Mongolia (Lazy Idiot GK)

166 (-). 96 - Chinese Taipei (Driven Idiot Def)

175 (-). 81 - Comoros (Striker 4)

182 (-). 57 - Tahiti (Centre Back 4, Striker 1)

198 (-). 9 - Brunei (Goalkeeper 2)

200 (-). 6 - Anguilla (Centre Back 2)

202 (-). 3 - East Timor (Left Mid 2)

N/A (-). 0 - Martinique (Centre Back 3)

N/A (-). 0 - Zanzibar (Right Mid 2)

N/A (-). 0 - Sint Maartan (Defensive Mid 2)

Paraguay, the top ranked country that received a player, are in a great position with two starlets, while three of the starlets have to try to get their nations their first ranking point.

Great stuff.

I think all the players have England as a second nation, so they should all be fluent.

Re-reading it, I worded it horribly, but I actually was thinking it might be interesting to pick France (or something similar) as a second nation to see how they react to not speaking the language of their teammates. It might push things even more to the extreme and cause more problems with the Sheriffs.

But the good news is that this version is simulating all the major nations so we'll get to see how they react to moving to a nation where they don't speak the language.

One question that maybe I missed somewhere - do the idiots hate any clubs this time? I think they hated all the major clubs in the original, but I didn't see that limitation here. Is that still in, or are they open to any club?

If I'm reading that correctly, 3 players will never even have the opportunity to qualify for a World Cup?

Which, if proves to be true, will in itself be a great side note to watch and see if no international football adversely affects the careers of those particular Bandits.

Do those 3 nations not play international football in FM (or real life) for a particular reason?

If due to low player counts, perhaps the emergence of a world class superstar will prompt generation of more from those nations?

Love seeing this back!!!! I was here from here in 2007 and here in 2009 and cannot wait to see this progress. A small prediction from me is that in the short term the Sherrifs will do better, but that the Bandits will be better in the long run. I'm so glad I decided to come look here again. 'mon the Bandits!!!!:D

Both 3 nations are not members of FIFA so they are ruled out of World Cup all together even though they have local affiliation with regional federations.

- Zanzibar is a member of CAF so they are eligible to join Africa Cup of Nations.

- Sint Maarten does compete in CONCACAF competitions but obviously they are the single most underpowered team. The interesting thing is Sint Maarten is the Dutch half of the island Saint Martin. After their affiliation with CONCACAF it seems they played only one game whereas the French half's national team Saint Martin is more active.

- Martinique is eligible to play in any CONCACAF & CFU (Caribbean Football Fed) competitions as well.

So I'm guessing Centre Back 3, Right Mid 2 and Defensive Mid 2 will play less games than their friends, especially no chance to show off their raw talent at the WC qualifiers.

* Info courtesy of wikipedia.com

I hope you didn't start just yet as I updated the England file to fix the FA Trophy being the in game version and without the earlier rounds. Took a while to fix so sorry for any inconvenience!

No worries - it has now started, but there are plenty of competitions for the two clubs to be involved in, and your database updates are fantastic as they are, so no worries on the FA Trophy. I don't honestly expect either club to remain in the non league system for long at any rate...

Cheers for the updates on the nationalities, and where they are in the world organisations - interesting stuff. I did briefly look at the three countries without ranking points, and they do still have fixtures - it will be interesting to see if the game has anything in store when a player ends up at a country like that.

A sneak preview

You have to laugh. You just have to.

After 67 minutes of the Sheriffs' opening league game, and with the team already 4-0 up and cruising, Driven Idiot Def threw himself into a reckless and pointless two footed challenge, getting immediately, and deservedly sent off. Manager Mike Phelan (yes, that Mike Phelan) fined him one week's wages for his stupidity, which seems perfectly reasonable.

Or at least, it would seem reasonable to reasonable people. The player immediately complained to the media about his treatment, claiming to be a scapegoat, and has instructed his agent to find him a new club. Yes, after 67 minutes of first team action. That has to be some sort of record, right?

On another note, Mike Phelan is manager of the Sheriffs, and has 155 CA. The Bandits, on the other hand, have Tom Killick, with only 12 CA. That could prove to be the Bandits' downfall this season, even with their 22 starlets. We'll see.

Love the preview.

Quick side question. Have you set any future job preferences for the test subjects? If I remember last time no one moved into management. Have you looked into this?

No worries - it has now started, but there are plenty of competitions for the two clubs to be involved in, and your database updates are fantastic as they are, so no worries on the FA Trophy. I don't honestly expect either club to remain in the non league system for long at any rate...

Awesome - it's only very minor so it won't affect anything else, instead the cup is the SI version used by default.

Starlet and Idiot Nationality Rankings

26 (-). 805 - Paraguay (Goalkeeper 1, Striker 2)

30 (-). 779 - Switzerland (Centre Back 1)

43 (-). 636 - Nigeria (Lazy Idiot Def)

48 (-). 599 - Bulgaria (Right Mid 1)

53 (-). 572 - Romania (Left Back 2)

61 (-). 514 - Scotland (Left Back 1)

67 (-). 479 - Ecuador (Right Back 1)

79 (-). 400 - Estonia (Striker 3)

87 (-). 380 - Trinidad & Tobago (Right Back 2)

89 (-). 370 - Qatar (Lazy Idiot Str)

113 (-). 273 - Wales (Driven Idiot Mid)

117 (-). 256 - Haiti (Attacking Mid 1)

121 (-). 244 - Iceland (Left Mid 1)

123 (-). 240 - Togo (Driven Idiot Str)

124 (-). 239 - Congo (Lazy Idiot Mid)

138 (-). 177 - Turkmenistan (Attacking Mid 2)

145 (-). 157 - Barbados (Defensive Mid 1)

148 (-). 146 - Belize (Driven Idiot GK)

163 (-). 106 - Mongolia (Lazy Idiot GK)

166 (-). 96 - Chinese Taipei (Driven Idiot Def)

175 (-). 81 - Comoros (Striker 4)

182 (-). 57 - Tahiti (Centre Back 4, Striker 1)

198 (-). 9 - Brunei (Goalkeeper 2)

200 (-). 6 - Anguilla (Centre Back 2)

202 (-). 3 - East Timor (Left Mid 2)

N/A (-). 0 - Martinique (Centre Back 3)

N/A (-). 0 - Zanzibar (Right Mid 2)

N/A (-). 0 - Sint Maartan (Defensive Mid 2)

Paraguay, the top ranked country that received a player, are in a great position with two starlets, while three of the starlets have to try to get their nations their first ranking point.

Yeah, don't tell glennuk I said this, but Paraguay are set up to have a dominating stretch coming up!

World class GK and Striker is a deadly combo for a country with very handy players already!

Out of interest, how many Tahitians are there currently in the database?

-=Braumiller=-

Founder of the Tahitian Supporters Club, Bandit/Sheriff Universe :D

Love the preview.

Quick side question. Have you set any future job preferences for the test subjects? If I remember last time no one moved into management. Have you looked into this?

Yes, I forgot to mention this - they all have maximum manager preference and minimum for everything else, to try to drive them into management.

Delighted that Scotland got a starlet. A forward would have been nice, but i'll settle for a left back.

I'd be interested to see how the starlets compare in terms of CA/PA to other top players with the same nationality i.e. for the Scottish left back - how far is he from already being the 1st choice for the national team? And how much is higher is his PA than the 2nd highest player available for Scotland? I assume all the starlets assigned to the real minnows will already be streets ahead of any of their countrymen and will remain so for the next 20 years, but still would be interesting.

Yeah, don't tell glennuk I said this, but Paraguay are set up to have a dominating stretch coming up!

World class GK and Striker is a deadly combo for a country with very handy players already!

Out of interest, how many Tahitians are there currently in the database?

-=Braumiller=-

Founder of the Tahitian Supporters Club, Bandit/Sheriff Universe :D

Haha, don't think you realise that i read EVERY post in experiments/challenges i am interested in. But you are right about Paraguay, dominant combination, especially for a half decent country.

-=Glennuk=-

Founder of the Paraguayan Supporters Club, Bandit/Sheriff Universe :D

This seems oddly familiar, refreshing this page multiple times per day... Isn't there a subscription feature or something like it?

Oh and if we are lucky Kipfizh will start this at post #101, A new update at the start of the page was how it use to go.

This seems oddly familiar, refreshing this page multiple times per day... Isn't there a subscription feature or something like it?

Oh and if we are lucky Kipfizh will start this at post #101, A new update at the start of the page was how it use to go.

Does that mean that we can hurry him? haha, only joking i know he will produce the goods :)

Archived