Rich But Unestablished Team?

Zoetermeer

I'm looking for a club to start with that has lots of money, but hasn't already built up a squad full of expensive, established players quite yet. I'd like a more or less blank slate and money to spend (similar to some club being taken over by a tycoon). I guess I could use the editor, but I'd prefer not to -- I don't like messing around with the database.

Playing as teams like Man City isn't too enjoyable, because they've already built such a strong squad (and many of their players are new signings, so it's difficult to get rid of them anyway).

Any ideas?

Rather than just bash him with wannabe modding.. you could also provide an answer.

Obviously teams like PSG and Malaga are the obvious candidates, but generally most top 6-7 teams in top countries have decent transfer budgets. But definitely PSG and Malaga are the tycoon money bags

Rather than just bash him with wannabe modding.. you could also provide an answer.

pointing somebody in the right direction because they haven't bothered to look for the proper place, or in this case not looked hard enough to post needs to be done, otherwise how will they learn. And then this place gets filled up with hundreds of duplicate threads asking the same god damn question.

not including the usual patch threads, those people are just special

my personal suggestion is just to go into the editor, and add a load of cash to a team

As mentioned above, this should be asked in another thread.

Although, I can only recommend Málaga. Despite having some established players - like Santi Cazorla - the squad is far from complete. With the Spanish league always improving, you'll have to keep up with the likes of Barça and Real Madrid by signing some good players to compete on a regular basis. Make a save, now :D [Please pop into the Málaga thread to download a certain file which will enhance your game].

Thanks everybody for the responses. I should add that it's not the case that I "didn't bother" looking for the right place to post this question -- I just didn't know and thought this sub-forum was the correct place. There are many sub-forums, so I shouldn't be chastised for making an honest mistake.

At the risk of further bashing -- isn't Malaga only funded by a background sugar daddy? I feel like in that case, you're still somewhat limited because your owner will only pump money in if you're fiscally irresponsible (you go into the red). But your transfer budget still won't be as large as it will with an FG sugar daddy.

Thanks everybody for the responses. I should add that it's not the case that I "didn't bother" looking for the right place to post this question -- I just didn't know and thought this sub-forum was the correct place. There are many sub-forums, so I shouldn't be chastised for making an honest mistake.

At the risk of further bashing -- isn't Malaga only funded by a background sugar daddy? I feel like in that case, you're still somewhat limited because your owner will only pump money in if you're fiscally irresponsible (you go into the red). But your transfer budget still won't be as large as it will with an FG sugar daddy.

You're completely correct, but most people change that in the editor before starting the game. :):thup:

blackpool, 51million in the bank :) perfect for promotion charge and survival in the premier league to build a huge club!

I can vouch for this, you get a HUGE cash injection to spend pre-Christmas, your board is cool and will help you build the club into a superclub, and your starting budget is large too. Take a look in here;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%98The-Tangerine-Dream-(Of-Bouncebackability)?highlight=Blackpool

So... Why Choose Blackpool?

Aside from the historic ground, remarkable support and sexy locals that I’ve already displayed for you... well;

1. It’s a club with a great squad to make a challenge on a very competitive league, a squad that I you’re good enough should be enough to take you up without spending a single penny.

2. But, you won’t have to worry about not spending a penny as due to the brilliant financial state Blackpool are in- you see; they got promoted to the Premier League and hardly spent a penny, instead letting the coinage collect interest in a bank. This has led to the club having a massive overall balance of £51m, which means you can build something very big here, that should leave the board with no excuses not to invest in the facilities! So potential to build something massive without having one of those disguising sugar daddy types(Look at the pic for proof):

finances.jpg

3. Due to the sale of Charlie Adam to Liverpool, you get a nice big fat wedge of cash to start the game with (see pic for proof):

startcash.jpg

4. The chairman loves the club and will take all the steps possible to match your achievements

5. It’s basically the perfect club for a long term game of FM, the are (in terms of balance) the 6th richest club in the land, and it's all been earned... Not just stumbled upon like some from up the road. You’ll be competitive from day one but you’ll have to be good to take advantage of every strain of your management ability to fufill that potential.

6. They play in Orange (see: Tangerine)... What more do you want?!

can't believe nobody has mentioned Anzhi/Anzi/Anji. they fit this discription perfectly. PSG are a well established team in the fifth best league in Europe who have a good history. At least Malaga aren't a huge team, but you have to edit the game to get good effects from the board. At Anzhi everything is in place for you to try and achieve but it's a very tough task and by no means easy to succeed with them.

southampton are a more subtle choice to blackpool...

backed by money men and a decent budget and some quite brilliant youth players... you can build from the ground up..

personally been my favourite save in the game so far..

lallana

cork

billy sharp

are all superb and easily step up a league..

and of course you have

luke shaw

jake sinclair

and james ward prowse

as youth players who can all become top class prem players

Obviously teams like PSG and Malaga are the obvious candidates, but generally most top 6-7 teams in top countries have decent transfer budgets. But definitely PSG and Malaga are the tycoon money bags

Technically he is asking what team should he be and he is also being pointed in the right direction. The mods dont mind if people point you in the right direction and he wasnt exactly bashing him. Once a mod see's this anyway it will get closed down so I dont see what the fuss is.

Archived