Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty happy with that from Pors and Duffy, avoiding relegation is vital this year! Riley is having another great year but defence still looks pish!

Good to see we're still in the cup, looking forward to taking on Geraint Alacarde and Notodden!

Bet Alacarde isn't quite so keen on facing Duffy and Pors.

Hopefully its third time lucky again for Algard!!

In with a very good chance I think. Only 3 points in it and Leddy is scoring for fun at the moment.

A decent start to the season, hopefully Park can keep Tonsberg from being relegated. Unfortunate that they won't be able to repeat the cup success of last year as they've already been knocked out. Mind telling me who Tonsberg got knocked out by? Only two cup games played seems like either a really bad draw or a huge upset.

Was a pretty awful showing against Omar Brown and Strindheim as they went down 5-0

Hopefully Bowmimo can get promoted this season, he's not assisting much though, must be due to poor strikers

They have Pelligrino and Flekstad Vik leading the line. They don't look too good do they.

Yay! JC has some goalscorers!

About bloody time. Heimisson, Karoliussen & Monssen are the main men with 21 goals between them.

Not sure how long most of you have been playing FM but some may recognise a bit of a FM legend at Notodden. Think it was FM05 (possibly earlier) that Daniel Fredhiem Holm used to be amazing. Was surprised to see him in their squad list when I was taking the screenshots but got me remembering how good he used to be. Just need Tonton Zola Moukoko to pop up somewhere now :D

2017 Season Review

Premier Division

Daniel Park had an almighty collapse with Tonsberg. Just two more league wins in the second half of the season means they go straight back down. It’s an unbelievable turnaround after the good start they had. In Europe they eased past Ekranas, 6-0 on aggregate, but were outclassed by Aston Villa and went out 7-0 over the two legs.

Steve Duffy and Pors showed good signs of improvement and moved up to finish 7th. Picked up the profile of the year and top scorer awards.

Edoardo Lorenzo ensured Tromsdalen stayed in the premier division with some great displays. Managed 23 assists in all competitions but struggled to get himself on the score sheet with only 6 goals all season. Crashed out of Europe early on as Tonsberg’s conquerors, Aston Villa, saw them off 8-2 on aggregate.

First Division

Omar Brown earns promotions with Strindheim. The league turned into a procession in the end as the club won it by 22 points. Brown celebrated top goal scorer and players player of the year awards.

Jake Stothard was 4 minutes away from back to back promotions with Follo. Level on points with Odd Grenland going into the last day of the season they faced Sogndal at home. With 86 minutes on the clock they were leading 2-1 whilst Odd were still level. Then a freekick was floated in to the box from the halfway line and stuck away for Sogndal to equalise and end Follo’s hopes of promotion. It was a game Stothard was suspended for due to a needless yellow card in the previous game. Perhaps he could have made the difference if he could control his temper.

Lewis Leddy and Algard suffered 3 consecutive defeats at the end of the season to end their promotion dreams. They were games Lewis missed due to a dislocated shoulder and it looks like the team missed his goals. He was in great form again as he notched 41 in all competitions.

Herring and Skeid won only 1 of their last 14 games to get dragged into the relegation shake up. They just about managed to stay away from the bottom places but they need to improve for next year.

Geraint Alacarde managed to shake of his injury in time to play the last two games of the season for Notodden. He masterminded a 4-0 win over Skeid to give the club a fighting chance but a 2-1 loss to Sogndal put pay to their survival chances. Have to be favourites to bounce straight back if Alacarde stays fit next season.

Mike Nevo needs some help at KFUM Oslo. He is constantly one of the top performing strikers but without the support they remain a mid-table team. Grabbed 35 this season to ease Oslo into the safety of 10th place.

John Crane and Valdres almost clawed their way into second place. It was just too many draws in the end that cost them. Knocked in a load of goals again including

Freddie Whites is back down to division two with Harstad. They gave it a good fight though and lost only two of the last 14 games, including a 6-1 thrashing of Algard on the last day of the season. Should bounce straight back if they can continue that form.

Group One

Dench Frimpong earns his first promotion with Moss. Only one defeat all season for Dench and the boys left them 5 points clear at the top. Frimpong will need to start scoring and providing a few more though to have any chance next year.

Jaime Bowmimo and Baerum had a poor finish and end up 16 points off the champions. They have had a change of chairman and many thought he would want to install a new manager. Unfortunately for Jaime he gave the current man a new deal.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss were too inconsistent to seriously challenge for the title. Only once during the run in could they manage consecutive wins to finish 3rd and 10 points off the top. Ganso missed a few games during the run in with a facial injury but should be fine in time for the new season.

Severus Moody gave it a good go to get Steinkjer promoted. They won 12 out of 15 in the run in but it was only enough for 2nd spot. Was in great form personally as he notched 32 in all competitions.

Arawn Moridin ensured Lorenskog stayed up but they are still a team underperforming. The fact Arawn was top scorer with 6 shows the underlying problem. The manager has somehow secured a new 1yr deal for himself so could be more of the same next season.

Group Two

Wolodymyr Zelenko secured promotion with Lillehammer. They walked the league in the end as they went on a great run. Only two defeats all season and those losses came within the first 3 games.

Luke Corcoran will not be happy to finish in 4th place with Floy. Luke grabbed a few goals and almost hit double figures but it was the defensive duties that were required. They shipped 31 goals which isn’t good enough as the best defender at the club he has to take part of the blame for that.

Group Three

Jesus Christ misses out on promotion with Nest-Sotra. They were a lot closer at one stage but then four games without a win and that appears to have put an end to any promotion chances.

Tiko Brohan capitalised on others failings and takes Vindbjart straight back up. Was in terrific form again as he scored and provided in quantity. Hopefully he will make a better go of it in the second division this time.

The cup was won by Stabaek. Was an open affair with Rosenborg getting knocked out early but none of the players could take advantage.

League Points   League Win   Cup Win   Relegation   Total
Edoardo Lorenzo        183            45                    -10        218
Steve Duffy            140            40                    -10        170
John Crane             137            25                    -10        152
Omar Brown             106            30                               136
Mike Nevo              119            10                               129
Daniel Park            110            25                    -10        125
Lewis Leddy            115            10                               125
Santi Ganso            113            10                    -10        113
Jesus Christ           101            10                    -10        101
Jake Stothard           80            10                                90
Herring                 79            10                                89
Freddie Whites          86            20                    -20         86
Dench Frimpong          73            10                                83
Tiko Brohan             69            20                    -10         79
Jaime Bowmimo           76            10                    -10         76
Geraint Alacarde        72            10                    -10         72
Wolodymyr Zelenko       60            10                                70
Luke Corcoran           69                                              69
Severus Moody           61                                              61
Arawn Moridin           43                                              43

Chuffed to bits that Pors stayed up but that doesn't hide the fact that we need to make drastic improvements to our squad for next season. I managed to play every game this season so if I get injured we're going down!

HOW CLOSE IS THE FIRST DIVISION?? shame Leddy got injured could've been a different story!

Was very close, anyone down to about 9th had a chance of promotion. No one seemed to want it enough though. I think the injury cost them 2nd place.

I don't think Raufoss will be able to bounce back up from the fall. That single match, being few minutes away from the Premier Division then blowing it totally...

It's looking tough. Didn't imagine they would fall so far after being so close. Would probably help if they were in a different group. There's a lot of competition on group 1.

Chuffed to bits that Pors stayed up but that doesn't hide the fact that we need to make drastic improvements to our squad for next season. I managed to play every game this season so if I get injured we're going down!

Seems to be okay on the injury front. Don't remember too many long lay offs. I think they will be okay now, first season survival is the key.

Ooh, new formation. Judging by my Lorenzo's assits he has become playmaker extraordinaire.

Also adopted a new position as CM and appears to have played most of the season there.

Jees we are yo-yoing like crazy. We just ran out of games there though. We really need to get a good team together..

Was a great run at the end of the season. If they could start the season in the same way, they could be challengers.

OH NO! That's the second time we have lost it in the last 10 minutes of a season I am sure!

Yeah in 2015 season I think it was. Hope they don't fall like Raufoss did after they missed out by minutes.

Lørenskog keep underperforming. Surprise Surprise... *sigh*

I think if they had a new manager it would be different. It's got to happen at sometime. Need to be in a different group too I think due to too much competition in group 1.

Finally we are going up the leagues, cmon Lillehammer!!!

Really want them to stay up. The defenders have been slightly disappointing in their influence on the teams so far. Hope they are just late bloomers and can help the club move on from here.

Some very bad news I'm afraid guys. I was upgrading my PC to Windows 7 64bit and have lost the saves. I was sure I had FM installed on my E drive so wouldn't have to back it up. Appears I was wrong and it was installed on my C drive and I have lost the sign up save and my challenge save at Minsk. Absolutely gutted to have lost it as I thought most of the players were making progress now and there was a chance the likes of Omar and Duffy would start challenging for the league title soon. Apologies to everyone who signed up and was following, not a mistake I will make in the future!

Some very bad news I'm afraid guys. I was upgrading my PC to Windows 7 64bit and have lost the saves. I was sure I had FM installed on my E drive so wouldn't have to back it up. Appears I was wrong and it was installed on my C drive and I have lost the sign up save and my challenge save at Minsk. Absolutely gutted to have lost it as I thought most of the players were making progress now and there was a chance the likes of Omar and Duffy would start challenging for the league title soon. Apologies to everyone who signed up and was following, not a mistake I will make in the future!
Ahh no! Loved this sign up! Thanks for all your work!

Cheers fellas. I may look at starting it up again soon if people are still interested. May be a few weeks off though as I have a lot of work to do atm.

EDIT: Actually how many are still interested if I set up another sign up thread? May start in a different league, max the PA from the start so progress is quicker and a few other tweaks. A show of hands over the next few days would be good. If still a few around I will get a new sign up thread going. We may even get a couple more people interested

I would do it :). Although I think each poster should get to create two players to play for their club. This would mean that people would have to think when creating their players to make them work in tandem. it would also result in the teams having more success as this time there were only a few sides that made the premier division and they never looked like winning it or progressing in europe.

I would do it :). Although I think each poster should get to create two players to play for their club. This would mean that people would have to think when creating their players to make them work in tandem. it would also result in the teams having more success as this time there were only a few sides that made the premier division and they never looked like winning it or progressing in europe.

If all 20 left in this game signed up again that would mean 40 players to follow. Thats a lot of work tbh. It was taking a couple of hours per update as it was. I could pair players up at one team as suggested at the start of the other sign up but it kind of goes against the aim of the sign up.

I think the way forward may be to chose a lower ranked league. My idea was to download a data update for Northern Ireland which goes down to level 7 and has 7 cup comps. Was thinking to input the players at tier 4 so it's not too far from the top. Would be similar to Norway as it is based on 4 groups at tier 4. More cups means more things to follow and chances of winning something. The alternative idea was to choose an elite league like Italy or England and just see how far they can go. Not much chance of winning the top flights imo but may make it more interesting if the players were coming up against the well known players. Open to all suggestions at this stage.

Thanks for everyone who has replied saying they are up for take 2 of the sign up :thup:

I think lower ranked (like N. Ireland) because then our players will definitely play.... unlike if it was Italy/England where our players may not make the team let alone challenge for anything. I will sign up either way though to be honest haha.

Archived