Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

An excellent month Tom. Such a good result against United :p.

Well they're in a bit of disarray at the minute; after appointing David Moyes in the summer after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement, he was sacked after a very poor start. Now they have appointed Chris Hughton, and after eighteen they're down in ninth!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You wont see me complaining about that :D.

Disgraceful behaviour.

hopefully you stay with Swans for a few years and reject any offers that come your way

Well I am thinking that that is the way I'm going to go for now.

I'm sure if you hang on another couple of months the United job will be up for grabs ;)

Na not a this stage, far too early in my young career!

150px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2013 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesdec2013.png

pltabledecember2013.png

Another great month for us as we won three, drew two, and lost one of our six fixtures. The defeat at Everton at the start of the month was soon forgotten as we beat Chelsea with another top performance against a big side. We then got a couple of decent draws away from home before a lacklustre home win against Stoke. However, we finished the month in style coming from behind to win away at Tottenham.

League Cup - Quarter Final

Rather than posting any kind of description of the the match, I will instead post a screenshot - it's brilliantly self explanatory;

carlingcupwinvsarsenald.png

Next up in the semi-finals is Balckburn. The winners will play against either Wigan or Sunderland. A chance of a trophy perhaps??

Things continue to get better with the Swans. Great season so far and you have a fantastic chance of lifting the League Cup with Blackburn being the only side close to you in the league table thus far.

Things continue to get better with the Swans. Great season so far and you have a fantastic chance of lifting the League Cup with Blackburn being the only side close to you in the league table thus far.

I keep expecting the bubble to burst, but now in January things continue to go well! And if we get past Blackburn then i think the League Cup is there for the taking.

Probably can get it, I've always found it by far the easiest English trophy, always doing very well in that while rarely doing anything in the F.A. cup for some reason.

Without a doubt. I think it's because alot of the bigger teams rest their players for the League Cup.

More brilliant results, going better than I expected to by miles.

And better than I expected!! The results against the bigger sides so far have been extraordinary.

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesjanuary2014.png

pltablejanuary2014.png

Although we only won one from four games this month, I'd still say it was a good month. The home draws against Manchester City and Wolves weren't bad at all on the basis that they are both above us in the table. The opening game of the month at Villa was disappointing as they equalised late on after we had failed to put the game to bed. Away at Bolton we put in a really good performance, and thorughly deserved our highest away win of the season so far.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

facupfixturesjanuary201.png

A solid result against the Championship opposition. Good to see Danny Graham score in a rare start, and John Fleck get on target on his full debut.

January 2014 Continued

League Cup Semi-Finals

leaguecupfixturesjanuar.png

We did it, we're through to the League Cup final!! The first leg was a bit crushing as we conceded a late equaliser, but the second leg was the other way. We took the lead but they pegged us back, but in the 86th minute Cisse bagged us the goal that gave us a place in the final.

In the final we will face Sunderland, who battered Wigan 6-2 on aggregate.

Transfers - In

John Fleck

A very good signing, and at £500k he really was a bit of a bargain. Hopefully he can give us a few more goals from the middle of midfield.

Taner Yalcin

Cost me a £400k loan fee but will only really be a back-up for when others are tired. There is no fee agreed.

Silvestre Varela

He's on a 12month loan at a cost of £250k with a future fee of £1.5million agreed. I've struggled all season in the AMR position, so hopefully he can be the answer.

Transfers - Out

One player left the club, and that was fullback Mikael Dorsin, who joined West Brom for £1.1millin. At 32, he really wasn't needed and was just taking up £15k p/w of my wage budget.

Nice going Tom :thup:. If only some of those draws were wins, you could be looking at going for the league title :D.

I know. Seems to be a problem we have when it comes to finishing teams off. As you can see, we don't score that many goals really.

The fact that you are still up there at this stage of the season is fantastic. A brilliant defensive record as well. Keep it up!!!
Congratulations on reaching the League Cup Final :applause:.

Why thank you kind sir. :thup:

The defensive record is I think a good and a bad thing. I have the team set up so tight and compact that we don't concede many, but on the other hand don't score so many either. Maybe if we were a bit more open we may concede more, but also score more.

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesfeb2014.png

pltablefeb2014.png

Another good month for us, with the exception of the defeat at Liverpool at the start of it. After the game at Anfield we bounced back well, winning three games out of three to hand me the February Manager Of The Month award. What was also pleasing was the fact that we had some different goalscorers this month, rather than just Cisse and Sinclair, as is usually the case.

The table, even though we have played a game more than everyone else around us, makes for fantastic viewing. Frankly, I'm amazed that we have kept this up so far into the campaign.

FA Cup 4th And 5th Rounds

facupfixturesfeb2014.png

We are through to the quarter finals after two solid wins in the fourth and fifth rounds. Against Birmingham we dominated, and the 1-0 scoreline doesn't didn't do us justice. Against Southampton we maybe didn't play quite aswell, but we took our chances when they came, and for the second time against Championshi opposition we won 3-1.

In the quarter finals we have a really tough game; Manchester United, away.

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2013/2014 - Swansea City

League Cup Final

How We Got To The Final

carlingcupruntothefinal.png

The Final

vs.Sunderland

carlingcupfinal2014.png

Not a great performance by any stretch of the imagination - we didn't keep the ball well for the first time in a while, and didn't create loads of chances. But we defended well throughout, limiting the Sunderland to no clear cut chances. We took one of our two clear cut chances, with Silvestre Varela getting his third goal since joining us in January, to hand us the League Cup trophy and Europa League football next term.

Marvellous stuff.

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmarch2014.png

pltablemarch2014.png

A tough month for us. We lost both our away games to Arsenal and Manchester United, but we can hold our heads high from both fixtures. In the United game, David De Gea was named man of the match. Against Birmingham we were very lacklustre, and we barely deserved the point. We finished the month with a scappy win over Wigan, but still it was a big three points as it kept us in touch with fourth placed Arsenal.

League Cup Final

lgecupfinal2014.png

Not a great performance, but we won the trophy and secured European football for next season. I'm already looking forward to the adventure!

March 2014 Continued

FA Cup - Quarter Final

We faced Manchester United in the quarter final of the FA Cup, and although they played a slightly under strength side, this screenshot speaks for its self;

facupquarterfinalunited.png

Stunning from the team, and inparticular Silvestre Varela, who has been excellent since he joined on loan from Porto in January.

The semi-finals see us face the other Manchester club.

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesapril2014.png

pltableapril2014.png

A good month with two solid away draws and two wins at home. Even though Chelsea aren't having a good season, a draw at Stamford Bridge is still a very credible result. The two wins in the second hlaf on the month were typically solid, and atleast give us a slight chance of finishing in the top four.

FA Cup - Semi-final

facupfixturesapril2014.png

A great effort, but in all honesty it could have been better though had Scott Sinclair not missed a penalty in normal time. Still, we performed admirably and can hold our heads high.

Its been an amazing season for you. Next season you have something fantastic to build on as well. A prolific striker needed maybe?

Cheers. :thup:

You are right about needing a more consistent goalscorer - Cisse is either brilliant or rubbish.

Really enjoying this thread. Congrats on the successes! :thup:

A quick question (well, two actually):

Are you still sticking with the same 4231 formation? How are you using Scott Sinclair in that? I play a similar formation and he doesn't seem to get the same amount of goals for me as he does with you.

Really enjoying this thread. Congrats on the successes! :thup:

A quick question (well, two actually):

Are you still sticking with the same 4231 formation? How are you using Scott Sinclair in that? I play a similar formation and he doesn't seem to get the same amount of goals for me as he does with you.

Thanks alot. :thup:

With Swansea I have actually being using a 4-5-1 formation, (back four, defensive midfielder, two central midfielders, AML/R, and a striker), as it is a bit more defenisve minded than the 4-2-3-1 formation I was employing early on in my career. In this system Scott Sinclair plays at AML, as Inside Forward - Support.

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2014 - Swansea City

Premier League

plfixturesmay2014.png

finalleaguetable201314.png

We started the final month of the season with a great win at Stoke, but we couldn't follow up that result and ended the season with a couple of 0-0 draws at home against London opposition. Still, it meant we finished the season going the final eight games unbeaten, and keeping three cleansheets from our last four fixtures to help us finish with the best defensive record in the league.

------------------------------------------------

A full end of season review will follow either later today or tomorrow.

Good season in the European places, even though you qualified anyway.

Had I not won the League Cup then yes I would have still qualified for Europe, but only because a side who finished in the top five won the FA Cup. If that had not been the case, then the team that finishes sixth doesn't get into Europe.

Brilliant season, I enjoyed reading even though you beat my team in the final. What interests me most will be seeing what moves you make in the summer transfer window.

Haha sorry about that. If it's any consolation they played well against me.!

Excellent season,well done on finishing 6th :thup:

Cheers. :thup:

Thomas Lewis' Career - Season 2013/14 Review - Swansea City

Premier League

Results 1 - Results 2 - Final League Table (6th, qualified for Europe after League Cup win)

A fantastic season for us, and had just a few of those draws been turned into victories we could have even finished in the top four! Who'd have thought the media predicted us to be ne of the relegated sides! To finish the season with the joint least defeats and the best defence was superb. Despite my past success with my former clubs, this league campaign is easily my best so far.

FA Cup

Beaten In The Semi-finals

A great effort by us in the FA Cup. We may have had a fairly comfortable run to the quarter finals, but then we faced a tough test against Manchester United. They rested a few players, but we put in a superb performance, winning 4-2 at Old Trafford. In the semi-final against Manchester City we put in a very performance, and had Scott Sinclair tucked away a penalty we could have gone through to the final. As it was, we lost on penalties, and City went on to win the final against Liverpool.

League Cup

Winners

A marvellous League Cup performance from us, the the final aginst Sunderland wasn't great, but in a final it doesn't matter aslong as you win. Another trophy in my locker, and barring promotion trophies, Swansea's first tropy since lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2006.

Other Info

Transfers - Finances

Alot of transfer activity before the season and started and some business in the January window, although only deals that occured after August 14th were by me. Big money signing Papiss Cisse had a solid debut season, bagging 15 goals from 41 appearances, though I think I may need a more prolific goalscorer if I'm to take Swansea to the next level. Loan signings Younes Kaboul, Henri Lansbury, and Silvestre Varela all had very good impacts on the team, and I'll be trying to sign them all up permanently.

Financially we have done excellently this term, mainly due to the £12million prize money we got for our final position in the Premier League. Another season in the Premier League next term will help us again, and given our performances and very likely rise in reputation, we should get a little bit more from television rights.

Squad

The side definitely over-achieved, and to put in a repeat performance next term reinforcements will be needed. I'll be trying to sign up some of the loan players we had this term, and ingeneral just looking for better players overall. A top central defender is needed, and as mentioned further up, a more prolific goalscorer. A few players are out of contract in the summer, including Alexander Farnerud and Ferrie Bodde, and these players will be let go.

Top 3 Players

Scott Sinclair

Top goalscorer and top assister, Sinclair was excellent for the side this season. This season he also earned his first international call up, and a fist cap is surely not far away. He'd been linked with Champions Tottenham, but I won't be selling him.

Angel Rangel

A steady performer for us at rightback this season, even chipping in with a few assists and a goal. Lord knows why he was on the transfer list when I jojed the club.

Michel Vorm

Brilliant. Without him our season my not have been half as good. Twentyone cleansheets in all competitions was phenomenal.

What Next

Get stuck into the transfer market! I'm not going to leave Swansea except for one job - the England national team. I definitely won't leave for another club, but if I were to be offered the England job I would leave Swansea. Doing two jobs at once isn't for me.

hmmm, I thought I had posted in here the other day but it appears I haven't...

Fantastic thread, this. Brilliant work with Boston and you're already doing very well with Swansea. Congrats on the Carling Cup :thup: Hopefully you impress in Europe and manage to challenge for a top four position.

KUTGW :D

Fantastic thread, this. Brilliant work with Boston and you're already doing very well with Swansea. Congrats on the Carling Cup :thup: Hopefully you impress in Europe and manage to challenge for a top four position.

KUTGW :D

Why thank you. :thup:

Even I'm not thinking about finishing it the top four next season, just to have a decent campaign against like this season - a spot in the top half would be a triumph. As for Europe, I'm just going to look at it as an adventure.

Pessimistic? Maybe a touch. But more realistic I'd say.

I don't mean to annoy you or sound like an idiot but I was expecting to see transfers, I am disappointed.

I have often thought of leaving my club when I manage a nation but always backed out of doing it, international management gets boring on it's own.

Archived