Tomtuck's First FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

A good start, hopefully you can take top spot and make it yours.

Cheers. :thup:

I'm not holding out loads of hope though. Given ur financial position after last months fine, I reckon we could be in a right mess later on in the season. Administration could be on the horizon.

Charity looks outstanding, a real gift on a free. What was he doing in the US anyway?

Haven't got a clue to be honest.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-Boston_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - October 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

octoberfixtures2012.png

A decent month for us really. The defeat at the end against Mansfield wasn't disheartening at all as they are a very good side. We put in a good performance, and maybe a draw would have been fairer. However, our best performance of the month was definitely away against Kidderminster. We lost a man after just 14mins, then fell behind after 68mins. We roared back though, and took the game 2-1. Great result!

tableoctober2012.png

FA Cup

octoberfacupgames2012.png

Just a week after losing to Mansfield in the league, we faced them in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup and this time we gained a very credible draw and a replay. In the replay we put in a great performance and led 2-0 for an awful long time. They grabbed one back late on, but we held on for the win.

In the 1st round proper we travel to MK Dons! A great test for us.

Great start, such a pity about the league result against Mansfield.

Thanks. :thup:

It was a bit of a pity, but at the end of the day I'm just delighted that we're in the top half of the table, nevermind a point ahead at the top. If we'd have beaten Mansfield we'd have been six points clear, and my heart wouldn't have coped with that!!

Going great so far. Nice to see you got revenge on Mansfield in the cup :p.

Eventually after a replay!

Thomas Lewis' Career - November 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

novemberfixtures2012.png

A great mont for us with four wims from four. Disappointed with the amount of goals we are conceding, but as long as we are winning games I guess it desnt matter. I a,m pleased with ho we are doing at the other end of the pitch, and with Jake Sinclair inparticular. With Aaron Charity's goals drying up somewhat, Sinclair has really stepped things up to keep us on track.

tablenovember2012.png

Absolutely thrilled with how the table looks at the minute!

FA Cup

novemberfacupgames2012.png

It was always going to be tough against MK Dons, but I'm so proud of the players. The draw away from home was wonderful and earnt us a well deserved replay. The replay was even better, though really hard to take. After 41mins we lost a man when Aaron Charity red carded, but we held on despite constant pressure from the Dons. We took the lead though in the 85th minute, only to concede an equaliser in the 92nd. They pummled us i extra time, but we stood strong and took it to penalties, which we lost 3-2.

Gutted, but proud.

Going strong still.

Cheers.

Shame to see your FA Cup runs comes to the end against MK Dons :( Keep up the run in the league :)

Well they are in the playoff spots in League One, so it wasn't much of a surprise. Just gutted to come so close yet not quite have enough.

Going great so far in the league and brilliant effort against MK Dons.

Thanking you. Hopefully the financial situation doesn't get any worse and I can keep my best players in the January window.

Looking good in the league,late equalizer then a loss on penalties is a hurtful way to go out.

It was, but like I said a few posts up, I was so proud of how the team did.

--------------------

Sorry the updates haven't been very regular recently - I've had a lot on my late the last 10 days or so. Expect normal service to be resumed by the end of the week.

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2012 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

decemberbsbp2012.png

bsptabledecember2012.png

A really great month in the end despite opening up with a couple of draws. All but one of the victories we thoroughly deserved - the one which we didn't was against Luton. They dominated, but we took two of the few chances we created. The two 2-1 results that followed were more comfortable than they look, and the 4-1 win against Salisbury was a nice way to finish the month.

Of course though, I won't pretend that our good form was partly because all but one of our games this month were at home! Atleast that helps our finances, which after our earlier problems are really looking up.

Next up in the league is a trip to Grimsby.

FA Trophy - 1st Round

fatrophy1strnd.png

The draw was favourable for us, as St.Albans are struggling in Blue Square South. But still, I rested one or two players and the boys that came in duly delivered. In the second round we have anther home tie, this time against Alfreton Town.

Come On The Pilgrims!

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

januaryleaguesfixtures2.png

bspjan2013.png

Another terrific month with four wins form five games. What was very pleasing was that three of our games were away from home, and that we actually managed to keep a couple of cleansheets! The win at Crawley was very pleasing as travelling there seems to be a tough place to go.

This month aswell also saw the teams just below is drop plenty of points, which helps us greatly as we have sme tough away games coming up in this the second half of the season.

Next up is a tricky looking trip to Fleetwood Town.

FA Trophy 2nd Round

fatrophyrnd2jan2013.png

A decent win against side towards the bottom of the league, but it should have been more comfortable really. New signing, Ryan Noble, who arrived on a free this month, got the fourth after coming on as a substitute. Hopefully he will be able to take some of the burden off Aaron Charity and Jake Sinclair.

In the 3rd round, we travel to Blue Square North side Histon.

Looking very strong in the league.Surely you have a better chance then Steve Kean getting the job :lol:
Oh you wouldn't want to go there ;)

I didn't get it, they went for Steve Clarke instead.

Not that I applied of course - I've had enough problems when applying for jobs in the past! :p

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

febfixtures2013.png

bspfeb2013.png

Another very good month for us. It didn't start so well away to Fleetwood, who really should have put a few more past us. But it seems that that game was just a blip, and we have recovered well, with three wins and draw since then t extend our lead at the top of the table to seventeen points.

Our last game of the month was a tough one; Darlington away, who were third at the time, and also had the third best home record in the league. But we put in a very good performance and thoroughly deserved our 2-0 win.

FA Trophy 3rd Round

fatrophyrnd3feb2013.png

A solid performance, though not spectacular. Against BSN side I wuld have expected us to win by more, but nevertheless we are through to the quarter finals, where we fill face another BSN side, this time in the shape of Colywn Bay, at home.

linkedwithnorwich.png

What a surprise!! Very proud to be linked with a Premiership job, even if they are bottom of the league! Hight doubt anything will come of it though. :p

What is Harry Redknapp doing these days?? Suprised to see him linked with the job.

Just been catching up with this, you are doing great and promotion will be confirmed soon. Curious to see if you leave after taking the league title or not.

Unless something in the Championship came along I don't think I'd consider it. Think I've already moved around enough already!

Good call to stay.

Well, I never had a choice in the matter. I didn't actually apply for the Norwich job, and they never offered it to me.

Good to see they pick Clarke :p You're doing a great job and no surprise you're dominating the league.

Cheers. :thup:

Easy league ;)

Disgraceful slur!

What is Harry Redknapp doing these days?? Suprised to see him linked with the job.

Harry had a shocker with Spurs, gertting sacked in November 2011!! He joined Newcastle in January 2012, and he's now been sacked by them. After 26 Premier League games they're currently bottom with just 19pts!

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2013 - Boston United FC

Blue Square Bet Premier

marchbspfixtures2013.png

bsptablemarch2013.png

Unbeaten through the month, but three draws and one win saw our lead at the top shrink a fair bit. We weren't helped by the fact that we had to play four FA Trophy games in the month, (see below), meaning that we had to have league games rearranged. As you can see from the table, we have two games in hand on most teams.

If the draw at Ebsfleet was poor, then the two against Kidderminster and Mansfield had some credibility to them. Thankfully we finished the month with aresounding win over Cambridge United.

Seven games to go, and our run in sees us play five games away from home.

FA Trophy

marchfatrophyfixtures20.png

Very poor against Colwyn Bay, but we, eventually, got through after a replay. I wasn't happy, but in the end the result is all that matters.

In the semi final we against faced a side from the divisions(s) below the BSP, and this time we despatched them in a manner we should have done with Colwyn Bay. The games aaginst Blyth also sa Aaron Charity get back amongst the goals- before he scored in the first leg against them, he'd gone eleven hours without a goal!!

In the final, to be played after the end of the league season, we face Newport County.

Just been having a read through this and I've hit a bit of an issue. I've always imagined your name was Tom Tucker, just like the news presenter on Family Guy. This thread has shattered that illusion and I'm not happy.

But seriously, I hope you don't mind me saying that this thread (along with AcidBurn's) has inspired me to start my own once the next update is released. Really enjoyed reading it and I hope you'll keep it up for a while yet.

I would have stayed at FC Seoul, I have to admit. Totally understand your reason for leaving but I would have wanted to see what I could do with a full season and maybe resigned if it didn't go according to plan. And if it went well, I probably still would have resigned. I also wouldn't have taken the Bristol Rovers job given their financial state. If anything, you might have been better off not getting promoted and then you'd have had a reason to stick around, although the same issue would still have been there.

Boston Utd was a brave move but it's clear you've found a magic formula there. That would have been a really tough job. Cracking effort so far.

Thumbs up on a really well presented thread (nothing wrong with taking your inspiration from someone else's if it works well). I'll be checking in regularly from now on. :thup:

Just been having a read through this and I've hit a bit of an issue. I've always imagined your name was Tom Tucker, just like the news presenter on Family Guy. This thread has shattered that illusion and I'm not happy.

But seriously, I hope you don't mind me saying that this thread (along with AcidBurn's) has inspired me to start my own once the next update is released. Really enjoyed reading it and I hope you'll keep it up for a while yet.

I would have stayed at FC Seoul, I have to admit. Totally understand your reason for leaving but I would have wanted to see what I could do with a full season and maybe resigned if it didn't go according to plan. And if it went well, I probably still would have resigned. I also wouldn't have taken the Bristol Rovers job given their financial state. If anything, you might have been better off not getting promoted and then you'd have had a reason to stick around, although the same issue would still have been there.

Boston Utd was a brave move but it's clear you've found a magic formula there. That would have been a really tough job. Cracking effort so far.

Thumbs up on a really well presented thread (nothing wrong with taking your inspiration from someone else's if it works well). I'll be checking in regularly from now on. :thup:

I do apologise for not being the news anchor from Quahog!

And don't worry, I have/had regrets about what path my career was going in after leaving Seoul, and maybe I was a bit hasty in leaving them, but I astill think i was, (just about), the right decison.

Before I took the job at Bristol Rovers I wasn't fully aware of their financial situation. At the time there finances were listed as "okay". I was shocked to discover they were over £900k in debt when I was appointed, and that just got even worse. Lord knows how though as it certaily wasn't my doing! Leaving was the correct decison as the finances were a mess by the end of that season.

I did struggle to get a job afterwards at any decent high-rep clubs. And dropping down to the Blue Square Premier was a risk, but now I feel I'm back on track with Boston. And on the plus side the situation here financially is much better now after the struggles earlier in the season.

And thank you for the kind words about my thread. They are very much appreciated.

Wow! Think you might be on course for a great back-to-back promotion!

Me personally, or Boston?!!? ;)

It's almost certain.

I hope it becomes so very soon.

Nearly there Tom. Just a matter of time.

I should think so! Even with all the draws I'm still so close!

Don't **** up now.

Haha I did laugh at that!

Keep it up Tom :thup:

And the players, of course.

Champions!!

championst.png

And I've been getting praise from everyone it seems;

boardvy.png

fansz.png

playersn.png

------------------------------------------

We still have five league games to go, and the FA Trophy to come aswell. Hopefully a season review will be posted later this evening or tomorrow.

Great work on promotion :applause:. If the Hull job came up I would leave.

Thanks. I don't think it will come up though, I mean they're 8th and ding well. Letting their manager go would be strange!

Would you ever apply or wait to be offered another job?

Well I've applied for jobs while still under contract at my two previous clubs, and it has got me in a lot of trouble with them.

Archived