Mr Hough Rolls Back The Years FM12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been able to test as much as i thought i could this week, I am thinking of waiting till SI release the next patch though so i don't think there will be a new tactic from me till then unfortunately

oh no Mr Hough lied again! it is ok until you has a right time

oh no Mr Hough lied again! it is ok until you has a right time

Saying i lied is abit extreme isn't it, I had planned to test some tactic bases out this week but work got in the way, I am sorry if my work which keeps a roof over my head and food in my little boys mouth is more important than making tactics!!

Saying i lied is abit extreme isn't it, I had planned to test some tactic bases out this week but work got in the way, I am sorry if my work which keeps a roof over my head and food in my little boys mouth is more important than making tactics!!

seemed like sarcasm to me bro

seemed like sarcasm to me bro

You'd like to think so (and no doubt the poster will claim so in hindsight), but people are weird about these things and do tend to be quite nasty given the anonymity of the the net.

Hmm I best stop posting else people will think I'm back again...you never saw me...shhh!

(good luck hough!)

You'd like to think so (and no doubt the poster will claim so in hindsight), but people are weird about these things and do tend to be quite nasty given the anonymity of the the net.

Hmm I best stop posting else people will think I'm back again...you never saw me...shhh!

(good luck hough!)

Ha cheers brother

Can I second this. I built my FM10 round Mr Hough's 4-1-2-3 tactic and loved it (Histon from non-league to best team in the world!) - but I always missed trying to get wingers to work and didn't want to keep re-training them. So if you could release Woody's tweak I'd love to see how your work would fair with some wide men.

Here's hoping.

Paul

Please Mr Hough!

No need to look at it, tweak it, or do anything with it if you don't have the time. Just let us see the exact same thing that JP Woody sent to you in the first place. There are others who have put up their own 'tweaked' versions in this thread already so just let it be another one.

Thanks x

An update to my Hearts save.

After winning the SPL and Scottish Cup double last season, I have managed to progress into the Group Stages on the Champions League. Drew 0-0 away at Sporting Lisbon, 5-2 home defeat to Real Madrid after going 2-1 up and beat Zenit St Petersburg 2-1 away, still to play Zenit and Sporting at home and finally Real Madrid away but look well set to progress to knockout stage. Trailing the Old Firm in the SPL by 4 points but exertions in Europe are taking their toll a wee bit.

Now that the big money is rolling in ill be able to build a bigger stronger squad to combat the SPL and Champions League more effectively.

All this with the original tactic.

Praha06 - some good results there my friend - well done. I love getting a 'smaller' team into Europe and doing well in the league. But I find the new influx of money hard to cope with and tend to go overboard in the transfer market! To have a few years of no money and then suddenly get a million - it's too much for me to deal with!! Good luck with your squad building.

Here is the JP Woody Version of my Tactic, I still haven't had chance to look at it yet so i have no idea how good it is, I'm gonna get a new save going today and play around with it maybe but this is the version he sent me.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nv648xffvytaq4f/MR HOUGH (JP WOODY EDIT) (Middlesbrough, Feb 2015).tac

Enjoy.

Cheers Mr Hough.

Out of interest, with all the tactics you make and test - do you have a long term save? And if so, what tactic do you prefer to use? I admire those who put in so much effort to help others, but wonder if they still find the same enjoyment in playing long terms games.

Thanks again, will try and take a look at his version when I get home.

Cheers Mr Hough.

Out of interest, with all the tactics you make and test - do you have a long term save? And if so, what tactic do you prefer to use? I admire those who put in so much effort to help others, but wonder if they still find the same enjoyment in playing long terms games.

Thanks again, will try and take a look at his version when I get home.

To be honest no i don't have any long term saves at all to be honest, The longest i currently have is with Huddersfield where i have just started my second season lol.

I do find it dissapointing that i don't manage to get any long term saves going but i get bored easily and if i suffer defeat i look at the oppositions formation and if it is different to mine i'll try and replicate it in a tactic, Thats how i work lol.

Cheers man and yes I know what you mean about smaller teams etc there's something quite satisfying about getting Hearts into the big time. £6.17m just for getting into the Group stage has transformed the club finances overnight.

As far as finding the transition in spending power a problem I combat this with a stringent policy of signing players that only fit the positional criteria. I try to avoid splashing out on big names from big clubs just for the sake of it. I tend to target young players around 16, 17 & 18 so they can build an early understanding of my club.

That said Hearts' current rep in my save is still pretty low so it'll still be a wee while till I can attract the big names anyway.

Went to the Riverside last night to watch Middlesbrough vs Sunderland, Disappointed with the Result but not the way we played.

I don't have a new tactic as such but i have been playing around with one of my previous ones, Here is the Results with a top side like Man Utd.

Won the Quad first season and my 3 main Strikers Scored 150 goals between them.

I did play around 20 games with my 3 ST tactic thats most proberly why All 3 strikers have scored so much, I played Rooney and Hernadez up front and Canavni on the right in this tactic version

I want to do a test with a lower side so i will do that now, I'm not gonna promise any release's of this tactic just yet until i feel confident enough i can stick to the time i say.

Here is some Screens of the Quad winning season.

New Tactic Set Up

new41122tactic.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Man Utd Squad

manutdsquad.jpg

Famous Quadruple

manutdquad.jpg

106 Point league Win.

manutdleaguetable.jpg

it looked a good game last night you were unlucky. on the plus side you have some good youngsters at middlesbrough the future looks good.

Yeah it was a good game, Both sides had chances but i felt the better side over the course of the game won, Middlesbrough Played very negatively until Sunderland scored then we came out of our shells and played more free flowing football, It's a shame they couldn't start the game as they finished and started the First half because maybe the outcome of the match might have been different.

Adam Reach looks like a good player and he played very well when he came on last night

Hi Mr Hough

I know it's probably a ball ache, because you were asked it before, but did you do any player filters at all. Just because I am trying it lower league and would be pretty handy, No worries if not. It's a cracking tactic anyway mate.

And the game last night Curtis Main looked good, he has some pace and power on him. Thought Jutkiewicz was pretty sloppy throughout the game, although he took his goal well.

Hi Mr Hough

I know it's probably a ball ache, because you were asked it before, but did you do any player filters at all. Just because I am trying it lower league and would be pretty handy, No worries if not. It's a cracking tactic anyway mate.

And the game last night Curtis Main looked good, he has some pace and power on him. Thought Jutkiewicz was pretty sloppy throughout the game, although he took his goal well.

I didn't specifically make any Filters for this tactic but you could use my Boots to asses filters as if i made any Filters they would be more or less exactly the same.

Curtis Main did look good, He reminded me of an old fashioned British Target Man In his size and arieal ability, Sloppy first touch a few times but you would expect that from a young lad making his full debut, I think Middlesbrough tried to play the game where they knock the ball up to main and he nods it down to jutkiewicz to get hold of it, I remember telling my Mrs that last night at the game lol, If you look at the goal that's exactly what happened too but i think that was the general outlook for Boro last night.

I didn't specifically make any Filters for this tactic but you could use my Boots to asses filters as if i made any Filters they would be more or less exactly the same.

Curtis Main did look good, He reminded me of an old fashioned British Target Man In his size and arieal ability, Sloppy first touch a few times but you would expect that from a young lad making his full debut, I think Middlesbrough tried to play the game where they knock the ball up to main and he nods it down to jutkiewicz to get hold of it, I remember telling my Mrs that last night at the game lol, If you look at the goal that's exactly what happened too but i think that was the general outlook for Boro last night.

Cheers mate, will give them a go.

And yeah I think you looked good, baring in mind you had so many young players out. Borough were my tip of the season in the championship and I think you'll do well. It's a difficult division to get out of, happy we're not in it this year. I rate Emnes though, wouldn't mind Norwich getting him in.

Yes Hough! Now this is what I like to see!

Good luck. I like how you have again gone back to the 1-1 in midfield. I honestly feel like this gets the most out of your defensive cm and attacking cm. I have noticed that when they are playing flat together you get overrun massively against formations using more than 2 mids in the centre of the park.

No offense mate, nothing like that.

I just wanted to apply that I find very difficult some constantly successful campaign using these 95 % plug and play tactics.

I just don't get it really. It sounds pretty strange, but always same aproach against Barcelona or Blackpool, nevermind. But you always have great results.

Do you change something, because I'm considered for being a solid tactician and member of CRO-MAN site. But on the other side, these tactics never did it for me.

Also to mention, I don't have a habit to use others tactics, that's not a joy of this game. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your work is a possible masterpiece.

So, I would like to know your principles of playing, approaches to games, match preparations and etc.

To Hough is mentioned.

I love this attitude that seems particularly prevalent in this thread that someone thinks, expects practically, that they can just download a "plug and play" tactic and get instant sustained success. If people take the time to read through this entire thread, even skimming through it, you see posters putting out their own views and approaches to the game using Mr Hough's various tactics. It really comes down to a what works for you idea.

Just implementing the tactics and going for it isnt going to work. The tactic is the base from which the manager works. Match preparation can depend on the level of the squad, level of the league you play in etc and of course theres the team talks, coaches, training programmes, transfer policy blah blah blah.

Basically do not do Mr Hough the injustice and lack of respect of just using his tactics and discarding them for "not working" being "usesless" or "rubbish".

Find your own Team Policy and backroom approach and give these tactics the best possible tribute.

No offense mate, nothing like that.

I just wanted to apply that I find very difficult some constantly successful campaign using these 95 % plug and play tactics.

I just don't get it really. It sounds pretty strange, but always same aproach against Barcelona or Blackpool, nevermind. But you always have great results.

Do you change something, because I'm considered for being a solid tactician and member of CRO-MAN site. But on the other side, these tactics never did it for me.

Also to mention, I don't have a habit to use others tactics, that's not a joy of this game. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your work is a possible masterpiece.

So, I would like to know your principles of playing, approaches to games, match preparations and etc.

To Hough is mentioned.

I have mentioned lots of times when people have asked me about how i create tactics and it's not hard really it isn't all, When i first start creating my tactics, I have a look at what formation the Opposition are playing, Like if you look at most of the Top sides they play with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, This was the most Dominating formation for me in the very first patches and in one of my tactics i have Spurs score 146 goals in the league alone With the new patches though comes new formations and it's been well documented that with the patches they haven't changed the Match Engine too much but whatever changes they do make makes the tactics not work as good. So i then go about creating different formations Like the 4-2-2-2 or 4-1-1-2-2 or Revisit my 4-1-2-3 which was good for me in FM10.

With the 4-1-1-2-2 i have a very rough idea where i need the Striker and Winger settings to be so i set them up first then i look at the defenders and i give them a very basic setting and keep both Central defenders on the same settings and the Fullbacks on the same settings. Sometimes that's all you need to do but I'll start playing my friendly's and i don't really pay that much attention to them as i know teams don't give 100% as in proper games so I'll quickly play them anyway and move onto the league.

I then Save right before my first league game so if i make any mistakes i can go back to the start of the first game instead of playing all the friendly's again, Just save time that's why i do that.

So i play my first game and i look the way my team plays, In an i deal world i want my team to play quick direct football and the midfielders to hold there ground rather than running all over and giving the opposition loads of space in the middle, I want my fullbacks to support the wingers and also add width to the formation but not too much that the opposition hits us with counter after counter.

That's how i want my team to play in an ideal world lol.

What i have found though creating some tactics is that the central defenders can drift very close to the fullbacks that leaves space right in the center for the opposition and if they play with a AMC your gonna be in trouble, I Reduced the Width though and this sorted the problem out

Now the flip side to this is if you reduce the Width too much and the opposition play with a wide formation then because your fullback is narrow the opposition will have loads of time when he receives the ball because effectively the fullbacks will be out of position so they have to make up ground to get to the opposition winger and by the time they do that he could in either a goal scoring opportunity or have a very good chance to create something so you have to get the balance right

What i would suggest to you is to have it in the middle and if you feel that you don't have enough width move it up if you feel the centre backs are giving too much space knock it down but do it one notch at a time that way you can get the balance bang on.

When it comes to Strikers and the wingers i find that Using the Wide-Play down the wings helps massively because i always play fast direct football always, I'm am not the slightest bit interested in making my midfielders have 100 passes a game for have 65% possession because at the end of the day all you are doing is passing the ball about without penetrating the opposition defence, What i wanna do is get the ball to my midfielders they either pass to my strikers who the plays a 1-2 with the wingers and is on goal to score or at least have a good chance.

You will see this type of play loads of times in my tactics because that's the way i want them to play.

That's really the very basic emphasis on the way i create my tactics to be honest, If you wanna know anything else just ask i don't mind answering any questions people have.

I love this attitude that seems particularly prevalent in this thread that someone thinks, expects practically, that they can just download a "plug and play" tactic and get instant sustained success. If people take the time to read through this entire thread, even skimming through it, you see posters putting out their own views and approaches to the game using Mr Hough's various tactics. It really comes down to a what works for you idea.

Just implementing the tactics and going for it isnt going to work. The tactic is the base from which the manager works. Match preparation can depend on the level of the squad, level of the league you play in etc and of course theres the team talks, coaches, training programmes, transfer policy blah blah blah.

Basically do not do Mr Hough the injustice and lack of respect of just using his tactics and discarding them for "not working" being "usesless" or "rubbish".

Find your own Team Policy and backroom approach and give these tactics the best possible tribute.

Well said my friend

I have mentioned lots of times when people have asked me about how i create tactics and it's not hard really it isn't all, When i first start creating my tactics, I have a look at what formation the Opposition are playing, Like if you look at most of the Top sides they play with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation, This was the most Dominating formation for me in the very first patches and in one of my tactics i have Spurs score 146 goals in the league alone With the new patches though comes new formations and it's been well documented that with the patches they haven't changed the Match Engine too much but whatever changes they do make makes the tactics not work as good. So i then go about creating different formations Like the 4-2-2-2 or 4-1-1-2-2 or Revisit my 4-1-2-3 which was good for me in FM10.

With the 4-1-1-2-2 i have a very rough idea where i need the Striker and Winger settings to be so i set them up first then i look at the defenders and i give them a very basic setting and keep both Central defenders on the same settings and the Fullbacks on the same settings. Sometimes that's all you need to do but I'll start playing my friendly's and i don't really pay that much attention to them as i know teams don't give 100% as in proper games so I'll quickly play them anyway and move onto the league.

I then Save right before my first league game so if i make any mistakes i can go back to the start of the first game instead of playing all the friendly's again, Just save time that's why i do that.

So i play my first game and i look the way my team plays, In an i deal world i want my team to play quick direct football and the midfielders to hold there ground rather than running all over and giving the opposition loads of space in the middle, I want my fullbacks to support the wingers and also add width to the formation but not too much that the opposition hits us with counter after counter.

That's how i want my team to play in an ideal world lol.

What i have found though creating some tactics is that the central defenders can drift very close to the fullbacks that leaves space right in the center for the opposition and if they play with a AMC your gonna be in trouble, I Reduced the Width though and this sorted the problem out

Now the flip side to this is if you reduce the Width too much and the opposition play with a wide formation then because your fullback is narrow the opposition will have loads of time when he receives the ball because effectively the fullbacks will be out of position so they have to make up ground to get to the opposition winger and by the time they do that he could in either a goal scoring opportunity or have a very good chance to create something so you have to get the balance right

What i would suggest to you is to have it in the middle and if you feel that you don't have enough width move it up if you feel the centre backs are giving too much space knock it down but do it one notch at a time that way you can get the balance bang on.

When it comes to Strikers and the wingers i find that Using the Wide-Play down the wings helps massively because i always play fast direct football always, I'm am not the slightest bit interested in making my midfielders have 100 passes a game for have 65% possession because at the end of the day all you are doing is passing the ball about without penetrating the opposition defence, What i wanna do is get the ball to my midfielders they either pass to my strikers who the plays a 1-2 with the wingers and is on goal to score or at least have a good chance.

You will see this type of play loads of times in my tactics because that's the way i want them to play.

That's really the very basic emphasis on the way i create my tactics to be honest, If you wanna know anything else just ask i don't mind answering any questions people have.

Just a quick question to the Community.

When i get asked questions about how i make tactics and things that i feel workin the current Match and things that don't do you actually try and make your own tactics going on the information that i have provided or do you just wait for me to release my tactics without having a go yourself.

If you can be completly honest because i write the information out to try and help people but if you aren't too bothered by it then i won't bother in future.

Just a quick question to the Community.

When i get asked questions about how i make tactics and things that i feel workin the current Match and things that don't do you actually try and make your own tactics going on the information that i have provided or do you just wait for me to release my tactics without having a go yourself.

If you can be completly honest because i write the information out to try and help people but if you aren't too bothered by it then i won't bother in future.

I find the information you give extremely helpful, before I just made tactics with no reading or anything and wondered why I was finishing mid-table with Arsenal etc.. The information you give out has been a fantastic help and I created a very sucessful 4-3-3 formation thanks to the detail you'd given as well as the tactics you released. Your view on attacking completely changed my view on how to attack sucessfully, I was often getting posession around 70% but 2 shots a game, whereas your style, although reduces posession, creates plenty of chances, and surely the idea of the game is to outscore your opponent?

Personally, if you stopped giving the detail and information that you do, it'll be a huge loss, yes there's people who just download the tactic and P&P, but there are people who read what detail and help you give out to people like me who like to make their own tactic inspired by others, or even for those who just want a better understanding. Everyone here appreciates the huge amount of effort you put into the tactics and explanations, either way, you've made FM more enjoyable for everyone.

I find the information you give extremely helpful, before I just made tactics with no reading or anything and wondered why I was finishing mid-table with Arsenal etc.. The information you give out has been a fantastic help and I created a very sucessful 4-3-3 formation thanks to the detail you'd given as well as the tactics you released. Your view on attacking completely changed my view on how to attack sucessfully, I was often getting posession around 70% but 2 shots a game, whereas your style, although reduces posession, creates plenty of chances, and surely the idea of the game is to outscore your opponent?

Personally, if you stopped giving the detail and information that you do, it'll be a huge loss, yes there's people who just download the tactic and P&P, but there are people who read what detail and help you give out to people like me who like to make their own tactic inspired by others, or even for those who just want a better understanding. Everyone here appreciates the huge amount of effort you put into the tactics and explanations, either way, you've made FM more enjoyable for everyone.

dear sir can you give link for you tactic to test it ? please

making my midfielders have 100 passes a game for have 65% possession because at the end of the day all you are doing is passing the ball about without penetrating the opposition defence

Well, it's also a good defensive strategy since the team that doesn't have the ball can't score. Sadly, in FM it is much, much easier to score on the counter, and incredibly hard to make a tactic that is both possesion oriented and able to score enough goals (not impossible however, just that such tactics are rare and generaly hard to make). That said, if you are averaging below 45% possesion or so, you will, without doubt, concede some goals that you otherwise wouldn't. It's all a matter of personal preference and style of course, but sometimes sacrificing a bit of penetration for some extra control and vice versa can go a long way.

Well, it's also a good defensive strategy since the team that doesn't have the ball can't score. Sadly, in FM it is much, much easier to score on the counter, and incredibly hard to make a tactic that is both possesion oriented and able to score enough goals (not impossible however, just that such tactics are rare and generaly hard to make). That said, if you are averaging below 45% possesion or so, you will, without doubt, concede some goals that you otherwise wouldn't. It's all a matter of personal preference and style of course, but sometimes sacrificing a bit of penetration for some extra control and vice versa can go a long way.

Yeah i get what your saying here but i prefer to score rather have possession

Mr Hough - started a Milan savegame with this tactic. Working really good for the first 6 games, now im facing some of the better opponents for example Juventus away game. They crashed me 4-1.

Also had problems with other good teams, for example in the Champions League.

Can you give some advice on what to do versus the better teams?

Mr Hough - started a Milan savegame with this tactic. Working really good for the first 6 games, now im facing some of the better opponents for example Juventus away game. They crashed me 4-1.

Also had problems with other good teams, for example in the Champions League.

Can you give some advice on what to do versus the better teams?

Which version of the tactic are you playing?

Mr Hough which tactic you think is better: the original one, or this one with defensive tweaks?

Its a tough one to be honest mate, It all depends on your team is you are a great side with good players in each position then i'd go with the Original version, The defensive version is as it says more defensive so if you are a team struggling i would use this one till you can get better players.

Both tactics are fantastic though and whichever you use i'm sure will bring success

Archived