The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I came to the forums I used correct grammar. Since reading some of my posts on other forums it really bugs me about my poor grammar therefore I like to attain I high posting standard as I feel it is much easier to read. I also do support work for a Minecraft plugin and it's much easier to understand if it is written in grammatically correct English.

Also most people read from the shape of the word not the letters so correct grammar actually helps people read your posts and understand them more!

Flamers, you put 'I like to attain I high standard' I'm sure it should be 'I like to attain a high standard' :cool:

I've been writing the questions and getting feedback off AcidBurn on them before posting them, tweaking them if he has some better ideas. I was planning on doing that for every round, if other people were to help out the odd week it would take away a lot of the competitiveness of the quiz itself.

On a complete side note, why have I got Location, Location, Location on record? I must have gone crazy for a second.

1. What nationality is Inter Milan's Diego Forlan?

Uruguay

2. Name 5 variations of the drink Coca-Cola. (Past and present)

Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Light, Caffeine Free Coca-Cola, Cherry, New Coke ‘II’, Lemon, Vanilla, C2, Lime, Raspberry, Zero, Black Cherry Vanilla, Blãk, Citra, Light Sango, Orange.

3. Who were the first ever winners of the English FA Cup?

Wanderers.

4. What is Eminem's (the rapper) real name?

Marshall Mathers.

5. What colour is Australian A-League side, Adelaide United's home shirt?

Red.

6. What is the smallest country in the world? (Population and size)

Vatican City or Sealand (very grey area as it's not technically recognized as a country)

7. Name 3 players in the FIFA Team of the Year 2011.

Iker Casillas, Daniel Alves, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos, Nemanja Vidic, Andreas Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney.

8. Who plays Margret Thatcher in the film: The Iron Lady?

Meryl Streep (Alexandra Roach 'Young Margret Thatcher')

9. Which MLS team play their home games in: The Home Depot Center?

LA Galaxy or Chivas USA.

10. Who is the new 'Supreme Leader' of North Korea?

Kim Jong-Un

Bonus Question. During my career I had a player called Milenko Stanivukovic, he was on loan from which club?

Burnley.

iHeadHunta x – 5pts | SnakeXe – 6pts | hursty2 – 9pts | Adelaidean – 10pts | City2000 – 8pts | Flamers – 9pts | malikoi – 2pts | Raware – 8pts | AK22 – 8pts | hrbfcrule – 9pts | deltablue – 12pts | ShyBaldBuddhist – 10pts | TWalsh – 6pts | Makonnen – 4pts | SRL88 – 6pts | DazRTaylor – 10pts | jackripper – 6pts | B.W.G – 11pts | ManUTactician247 -4pts | Scribe – 10pts | MattSpurs94 – 10pts | Nottingham Forest – 7pts | Deisler26 – 7pts | Pangaea – 5pts | kris0710 – 10pts | cplpeters – 9pts | Nobby_McDonald – 7pts | Barney Butterball – 7pts | roganp – 8pts | Ssestig – 9pts | Rancer890 – 6pts

*If you think you have got the wrong score then let me know, I did double check every set of answers I got so they should be correct but I am only human.

Username		R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	R7	R8	R9	R10	Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deltablue		12
B.W.G			11
Adelaidean		10
DazRTaylor		10
kris0710		10
MattSpurs94		10
ShyBaldBuddhist		10
Scribe			10
cplpeters		9
Flamers			9
hrbfcrule		9
hursty2			9
Ssestig			9
AK22			8
City2000		8
Raware			8
roganp			8
Barney Butterball	7
Deisler26		7
Nobby_McDonald		7
Nottingham Forest	7
jackripper		6
Rancer890		6
SnakeXe			6
SRL88			6
TWalsh			6
iHeadHunta x		5
Pangaea			5
Makonnen		4
ManUTactician247	4
malikoi			2
Lenzar			--

So it's congratulations to deltablue who got every single question right and sits at the top of the table after Week 1. Unfortunately malikoli only got 2 questions right and sits down 2nd to bottom, saved by Lenzar who didn't send in any answers.

Fruit Coke (ManUtdTactician247) - It was a good guess but really, Coca-Cola were never going to do a healthy version :cool:

Don’t think Vatican is a real country so I’ll go for San Marino (Pangaea) - Oh, if only you'd have said Vatican, oh wait you did but didn't put it as your answer! I suggest you stop reading now Pangaea!

Kim Dong-yun (Pangaea) - If you'd have put 'Jong-yun' I would have accepted it as yun sounds like un so yet again, so close, but yet so far! :D

Suk Mi Dik (Nobby_McDonald) - No thanks Nobby, when you said 'last question' I thought you meant your guess at the Bonus Question 'Deportivo Wanka'

Marshal Mathis (malikoli) - Yet another one that was so close but so far, it's Mathers not Mathis.

Carlton Cole (Barney Butterball) - He will never make team of the year, come on! :cool:

Marilyn Monroe (iHeadHunta x) - She died 50 years ago so it would be impressive for her to star in a film that has just been released!

*All in light hearted humour, did not and do not mean to offend anyone.

1. Which 2 teams have won the Copa del Rey more times than Real Madrid?

2. Who is the creator of The Simpsons?

3. Former Manchester United player, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, currently manages which club?

4. In which country will the new Formula 1 season start?

5. How much did Chelsea pay Bolton for Gary Cahill?

6. Name all 8 of the "Planets" in our Solar System.

7. This years African Cup of Nations is held in which two countries?

8. How many people have played The Doctor in Doctor Who?

9. In the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which nation was the only unbeaten team?

10. What film won ‘Best Picture’ at the academy awards (Oscars) in 1998?

Bonus Question. In deltablue’s career thread, what league and position were West Brom in when he took over?

Don’t think Vatican is a real country so I’ll go for San Marino (Pangaea) - Oh, if only you'd have said Vatican, oh wait you did but didn't put it as your answer! I suggest you stop reading now Pangaea!

Kim Dong-yun (Pangaea) - If you'd have put 'Jong-yun' I would have accepted it as yun sounds like un so yet again, so close, but yet so far! :D

Ugh, so close yet so far away. Would still say the Vatican is not a real country though. I believe they only have observer status in the UN and can't vote, and there are only a few blowhards who actually live in the place anyway.

Kim Dong-yun was a wild guess. Funny I got that close :D Should of course made it a more educated guess and put in Jong after his father, but it was all in jest anyway.

Archived