The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

HotChocolate

Just thought of something. There are a lot of us and fairly few questions so chances are high that there'll be at least a few people tied for highest score in each round, or at least in a lot of them, so you're going to need to decide whose thread to pick for the bonus question, especially early on before you can exclude those who have already been. Must say how interested I am to see what it is for mine if I manage to get that honour.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thought of something. There are a lot of us and fairly few questions so chances are high that there'll be at least a few people tied for highest score in each round, or at least in a lot of them, so you're going to need to decide whose thread to pick for the bonus question, especially early on before you can exclude those who have already been. Must say how interested I am to see what it is for mine if I manage to get that honour.

Well I'd love to say how many were tied at the top currently and make you all excited, but I wont be giving away any spoilers. :cool:

Although mentioning the numbers, I'm well impressed we've managed to get 30+ people in!!

I have to say some of the answers from people are comical, some baffle me and some are just pure genius :cool:

I reckon once the competition is over, if not before you should reveal some of those answers so we can have a good laugh at eachother and of course ourselves :D

Im betting some of mine are the comical ones? I am one thick son of a ~~~~~! :D

I don't remember them by person, but if you are one, you will be named and shamed at the end of the week :D

If everyone is okay with this, don't mean to offend anyone, just for everyone to have a laugh at each others 'blonde' moments!

Doesn't bother me. I think many are fairly decent though. Although saying that I'm prone to being daft on a fair few occasions. Please don't mention last night thanks. Although saying that I am extremely looking forward to the new update for FM. Mainly because Forest will be **** and it'll be a good challenge. I like wheeling and dealing as well which is hopefully what you'll have to do.

Although saying that I am extremely looking forward to the new update for FM. Mainly because Forest will be **** and it'll be a good challenge. I like wheeling and dealing as well which is hopefully what you'll have to do.

Brilliant, the way you said it was just quality :D:thup:

No, probably not. I start threads and just get bored of trying to update them. My work days vary and so do my days off. Not as bad as other shift workers on here, but I just don't have the energy to update, so when I get home I just want to play FM.

Just read an article on the BBC and Cotterill says he has no money for new players. He's also said it doesn't look like we'll be signing any frees either. Looks like we may have to go down and rebuild. I'd like us to try and start using some of the youngsters more next season. From what I've seen and heard, the current lot of youngsters are as good as the Dawsons, Reids and Jenas' that came through many years ago. I don't want to give them a chance this season as it could be bad. Although with most of our back four out injured or suspended or just playing ****, we may have to start playing the likes of Jamaal Lascelles, Freeman, Gorman etc etc.

Using youngsters is never bad in my opinion, we've seen some great ones come through recently, especially Walker and Naughton but at the end of the day if certain players aren't performing, things have to change. We dropped Simmo for 2 games this season after he dropped everything including too many points! George Long came in, we won the first game and drew the 2nd (4-4 at home to Exeter, the 3 points were ours if it wasn't for Long) but never the less, he'll have grown from that and got some experience.

Not to mention Simmo has been on fire since he got dropped, all in all, that could get us promoted (even if it is by the playoffs, but our record in the playoffs does not fill me with optimism)

You would have had to have beaten a very good Wolves side who have done very well for themselves.

I said something similar about Birmingham City (before they'd been relegated of course), they beat us to 2nd spot and got promoted, then got bought and won the League Cup, got into Europa League etc, could have been us. Same as Stoke City, a club that was of a very similar size to us that got promoted and now look where they are.

But many, many, many clubs could say things like that, fact of the matter is, we will always be a nearly club :D

I was in year 6 for that game and was taking my sats. The next day I had a test and went to bed early that night. I watched the first half and thought we would win. Woke up the next morning and couldn't believe we had lost. The best ever football moment was in the home leg all those years ago. I had only been back in the UK about 3 months and I wanted to go to the game. My dad said he couldn't get any tickets near the start earlier off the week. I was well gutted. On the Saturday, he was like come on get ready and when he told me I was going I had a tear in my eye, sad I know but I don't care.

I would have been in Y3 I think, I wanted to go and pestered my dad all the time but one of my neighbours was going to the game and had Sky so they said we could watch it at theirs (and watch their house at the same time!!) so me and my dad watched it there. Don't really remember the game although I've watched the DVD about 25 times.

My own club's greatest ever night was at the City Ground nearly five years ago. We lost the first leg, at HOME, in the League One playoffs 2-0 to Nottingham Forest. We went to the City Ground and won 5-2. :D

Seeing how were all laying into Forest I thought i'd take my turn :D

I loved that game Daz, i'm a Bristol City fan with a real soft spot for Yeovil and that was the season that we were locked in a real tight promotion battle with Forest and Calderwood spent the entire run-in trying to play mind games. I remember the day after that 5-2 game I went around a mates house and we had the highlights running on repeat, good times!

When I lived abroad, mine and my dad's plans when we moved back over was to get a season ticket. Unfortunately he got a house straight away pretty much and doesn't have the time and money to go. I then got a job and now I only if I'm off work and my dad wants to go. Love the match day feeling, but earning pennies is much more important.

I do have to pay for the trips myself but they are worth it. I don't have a job, unless you class a paper round as a job? It gets me the money I need for every other saturday, thats the way I look at it anyway.

My dad comes to the home games but he's not a fan, so stays at home for the away games.

Archived