[FM12]“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

roganp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt Killgallon getting both, guessing you work hard on your set-pieces?

I leave all the set-piece settings on default. I think it was more down to the corner taker, Simon Hedlund who's excellent at set pieces. Although saying that we've only scored 5 goals from set-pieces this season(28 scored in total).

667.png

Ipswich Town - 2016/17 Mid-Season Update

npower Football League One - 1st

An unbelievable start to the season as we sit comfortably at the top of the table, 9 points clear of our nearest challengers Preston and Charlton. A major problem the team had under the previous manager was that they couldn't score enough goals and I went about rectifying this problem by signing a number of attacking players in the summer, and this season, well... the goals have been flowing as we currently average exactly 3 goals a game. The likes of Danny Haynes, Simon Hedlund, Jason Puncheon and Valon Berisha have been the main contributors to our goalscoring exploits and hopefully their good form continues during the second half of the season.

Carling Cup - Knocked out in the 4th round

After causing an upset against Newcastle and producing a fine performance away from home against Wigan, we came unstuck against Championship promotion hopefuls Swansea.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Knocked out in the South Quarter Finals

A fantastic performance away to Charlton followed by a shock defeat at home to Southend on penalties. It seems the previous manager wasn't all that bad as he won this trophy last season.

FA Cup - Into the 3rd round

Two comfortable victory's so far against Leyton Orient and Notts County. Again, we will come up against Swansea in a cup competition and I'm confident of turning them over on home turf.

Looking good at the halfway point :thup:. I'm a little surprised to see Stoke in League One. Just wondering what happened to them to cause such a freefall from the Prem?

It seems Tony Pulis leaving is the main reason. He guided them to a 4th place finish in the 2011/12 season, then decided to leave at the end of the season to take over at Newcastle who finished 13th. Alan Pardew got the Stoke job, and was sacked within six months. Steve Bruce succeeded him but couldn't prevent them from getting relegated, just a year after they qualified for the Champions League. In the championship they finished in the top half a couple of times before suffering the drop last season.

I'm sure Pulis regrets his decision to leave seeing as he's now unemployed.

It seems Tony Pulis leaving is the main reason. He guided them to a 4th place finish in the 2011/12 season, then decided to leave at the end of the season to take over at Newcastle who finished 13th that year. Alan Pardew got the Stoke job, and was sacked within six months. Steve Bruce succeeded him but couldn't prevent them from getting relegated, just a year after they qualified for the Champions League. In the championship they finished in the top half a couple of times before suffering the drop last season.

I'm sure Pulis regrets his decision to leave seeing as he's now unemployed.

Guessing he used the old cliche of 'I've taken them as far as I can!' but this time he cheekily added: and further! :D

Finally just caught up! Good job so far, roganp :) Ipswich is proud (except when you play Swansea ;) )

It looks Swansea are our 'bogey team'. Hopefully they get promoted to the prem(which looks a real possibilty) so we don't have to come up against them next season(that is, of course, if we get promoted ;))

667.png

Ipswich Town - 2016/17 Season Review

npower Football League One - 1st

An incredible season. Obviously as the biggest spenders in the division we were expected to be among those fighting it out for promotion, but I could have never have predicted that we would dominate in the way which we have. We've broken all sorts of records, accumulating the most ever points in a season with 118, 15 more than Sheffield United achieved in the 2012/13 season. We've also set the record for the most goals scored in a season with a mammoth 145 goals, 34 more than Queens Park Rangers scored all the way back in the 1961/62 season.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd round

I feel that we were very unlucky not to progress further in the FA cup this season after conceding in added time against Swansea at home, before losing in the replay after being 2-0 up.

Carling Cup - Knocked out in the 4th round

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Knocked out in the South Quarter Finals

Squad

Transfers

James Perch and Phil Bardsley came in during the season. Both performed very well.

Finances

Plenty of money in the bank, but the repayment of the Chairman's loan is costing us and the clubs finances are currently listed as insecure.

Key Players

Andrew Davies - I've focused a lot on our ability to attack so well this season, but I also managed to build a strong and reliable defence, lead by club captain Davies. A fantastic début season.

Danny Haynes - An incredible return to the club for Haynes. He comfortably finished as the league's top goalscorer and broke the record for the most goals scored in a season by an Ipswich player. I'm wondering what Southampton were thinking letting this lad leave on a free?

Valon Berisha - 22 goals from centre midfield is an excellent return. Berisha has attracted a lot of interest from around Europe, and I even received two bids for him during the January transfer window from Dutch Giants Ajax and Championship side Leicester City.

Simon Hedlund - A superb début season for the winger as he finished top of the assists table and in the process broke the record for the most assists by an individual in a League One season.

Jason Puncheon - Brilliant season on the right wing as he too reached the 20 goal mark.

Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners
2016/2017 Ipswich Town England npower League One 1st Promoted as League Champions[/Code]

[b][i]Next Season[/i][/b]

After a brilliant season the hard work now begins to make sure we have a side capable of competing in the Championship. I will be delighted with a top half finish next season, but with 3 or 4 signings I feel that we could challenge for a promotion spot.

In terms of my future at the club, I still have two years left on my contract, but I won't rule out moving before the end of that contract. I've been heavily linked with jobs in Ukraine, Greece, Australia and Turkey however, for now, I think I will staying put at Ipswich.

Game set-up - More changes to my league set-up. This time I'm testing out the remove part of the add/remove league feature.

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

Would like to know your thoughts on this :

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-5-1.png

Pros

- Chance to manage in a country I've never managed in before, and one that I told myself I would go to at some point during the save.

- Bigger transfer & Wage budget.

- I've spent a long time in England, so maybe it's time to venture out to another part of the world.

- Ipswich are in a poor financial state. I have received my initial budget - Transfer budget is £487K(Was £2 Million in L1) and my Wage Budget is £120k p/w which is 70k less than what I had in League One and only 1k more than what I'm currently spending(Finances are also "insecure").

- Club are top of the table after 11 games, so it doesn't seem like they need too much rebuilding.

Cons

- Got unfinished business at Ipswich.

- A bit confused by the MLS structure.

- Would be moving to a slightly lower rep league.

Going to give it a thinking over while I watch El Classico and make a decision after, but I would greatly appreciate some input from the FMCU community :)

Congrats on winning promotion with Ipswich.

I like challenges so I'd go for it but if you feel it's out of your comfort zone then stay at Ipswich for another season then see where they are this time next year.

72000160.png

new_york_1.pngnew_york_2.png

RedBullArena.jpg

Red Bull Arena

25,189 All-Seater Capacity

Previous League Finishes

Information Overview

Club Facilities

Squad

Current League Table

First Impressions

I've really landed on my feet here. A club with very good facilities, financially secure and top of the table as I arrive. I'm not sure what the previous manager done to warrant being sacked despite getting the side to the top of the table, but there does seem to be a high level of pressure attached to this job with 6 managers having already been sacked during the save.

I've inherited a good squad, but it does look pretty thin and a couple of injuries could leave us in real danger, so I will need to dip into the transfer market. However, my first task - Learn how everything works in the MLS!

Best of luck at NY and learning how it all works over there. The squad overview already has me asking questions like whats GA, Dev, SEL?!?

GA = Generation addidas player - See link for more details

Dev = Player on a development contract - These are for young players.

SEL = Player on a Senior Entry Level contract - Players on this contract are either on £625 p/w or £650 p/w

I've found an explaination of all the rules here! if anyone wants to take a look.

Good luck at New York Red Bulls :thup:

Should keep you busy trying to keep on top of all that. The draft system is something that looks pretty good. It's like saying we have these good young players take your pick.

Should do. I'm going to give that link I posted a proper read later, and hopefully it all starts to make sense so that when I post it makes some sort of sense to you guys as well :)

Archived