[FM12]“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page”

roganp

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Solid season in the league and a great win in the FA Trophy too!
Comfortable season establishing yourself.
Well done on the FA Trophy win. Nice steady progress you're making, improving every season :thup:
Well done on the FA Trophy win :thup:

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

This is a great read so far, keep it up. Going nicely along.
Nice soild season I reckon, also nice to see another great year for MK Dons :D

Making nice steady progress there. 3rd round of FA cup would have been for you to get some finances in. The trophy win is very good. GL next season

JB Muggins - I'm glad your enjoying the thread :)

City2000 - It's incredible how quickly they have fallen down the divisions.

ShyBaldBuddist - Yeah, it would have been nice to have reached the third seeing as we worked so hard to force a replay against Bristol Rovers.

The important thing is that you stayed up!Also well done on winning the FA trophy which is a fantastic achievement :D

Thanks B.W.G :)

Overall it was a pretty decent showing in the league, but the second half of the season was incredibly frustrating after we had got ourself in a good position to possibly make the playoffs in the first half.

615.png

Boston United - 2015/16 Season Preview

Board Expectations

Blue Square Bet Premier - Achieve a respectable position Media Prediction - 22nd

FA Cup - Reach the 1st round

FA Trophy - Reach the 2nd round

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £11.98K

Wage Budget - £7.25K p/w

Current Wage Bill - £5.78K p/w

Transfers

Alen Mitrovic - Signed late in August. His pace and trickery should trouble most defences in this league.

Curtis Weston - Released by fellow BSP side Kettering. We managed to beat off competition from a few league 2 clubs for his signature.

Vlatko Lazic - Brought in as a back-up winger.

Tamas Varga - Talented young defender. Hopefully he will justify his large wage.

Elroy Pappot - Released by Dutch Eredivisie side Utrecht.

Jiri Skala - Has all the attributes to be a big success in this division.

Some good signings there, good luck next season - hope you reach the football league.
Some of the stats on those players for the 5th tier are terrific. Good job :thup:

Yeah, I was able to find some amazing talent for this level by continuously checking the transfer rumours page and looking at the players other sides were trying to sign.

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-3.png

Never had this before, is it a new feature? This was the game. It was certainly a heated encounter and somehow we managed to finish the game without anyone getting sent off.

It is yes. I've had a few times in my 2011 save where I've had six or more yellow cards and had no news of a fine.

It might not be a new feature, but it's definately a new news item.

615.png

Boston United - 2015/16 Mid-Season Update

Blue Square Bet Premier - 5th

So far, so good as we sit in a playoff spot at the halfway mark. After a sluggish start the new signings clicked into gear and it looked like we could run away with the title. However, a run of 3 straight defeats in November soon brought us back down to earth, but we have still been able to maintain a steady run of form and I would expect us to at least finish in the playoffs. If we can keep all our key players fit, which haven't been able do for much of the first half of the season and we successfully deal with the fixture pile-up we now face due to matches being postponed, I still think that automatic promotion is possible.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 2nd round

After coming through the 4th qualifying round against Kettering with ease, we managed to pull off the shock of the competition so far by coming from behind to beat League 1 Watford in a game that was shown live on TV. Going into the tie against Rotherham in the second round I was confident of at least forcing a replay, but after just 17 minutes we found ourselves 3-0 down and it look as if we in for a real drubbing. Thankfully, after a change in tactics to all out attack we managed to get ourselves back in the game by pulling 2 goals back before Rotherham added a 4th in the last minute to seal the victory.

FA Trophy -Into the 2nd round

We have begun the defence of our trophy in emphatic style, beating Matlock 6-0. A home tie against Bury Town awaits us in the 3rd round.

Looking good so far,hopefully you'll be able to get something out of your two games in hand which will help you further your chances :)
Very handy position to find yourselves in. Your current goal difference is worth another point effectively too :thup:

Cheers fellas :)

Also, I forgot to mention that I got my new laptop yesterday which will allow me to run FM alot quicker than previously, so I've decided to try out the add/remove feature leagues for the first time.

Game__journeyman_CustomiseGame_Add_RemoveLeagues.png

In come all tiers in Australia, Greece, Romania and Mexico.

615.png

Boston United - 2015/16 Season Review

Blue Square Bet Premier - 1st

Championes! Championes! OLE! OLE! OLE! In a playoff spot at the half-way stage, we really kicked on in the second half the season. After my Mid-Season update we went on run of 3 defeats in a row, but from then on we were simply unstoppable, going on a 16 match unbeaten run that lasted until the end of the season. Thankfully, the teams above us were unable to maintain a good run of from and we quickly found ourselves at the summit of the table and in control of the destiny of the title. We were confirmed as champions with a game spare in dramatic style as Michael Potts netted in the 92nd minute to seal a 2-1 away win against AFC Telford.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 2nd round

FA Trophy - Winners!

Once again I used this competition as a chance to rest keys players for league games and give fringe players and youngsters game time. We strolled through the opening rounds before coming through some tougher games against Bury and Cambridge pretty comfortably. We secured a place in the Wembley final for the 3rd year in a row with a 4-2 aggregate win against BSN side Stalybridge in Semi-Finals and we retained the trophy with a 2-0 victory against Newport County.

Squad

Transfers

There was one addition during the season, Austrian striker Reiner Zielinski was brought in to bolster the frontline. Unfortuantely, after making a promising start to life at the club, he suffered a long term injury which ended his season prematurely.

Finances

Key Players

Dominic Iorfa - Started the season as a back-up defender and finished it as key figure in the back four. He's starting to make noises about a new contract and he probably deserves one.

Vlatko Lazic - A very good début season from the Dutch Winger as he showed he is someone who showed a great knack for scoring and creating important goals.

Joe Clarke - Someone who could always be relied up. One of the first names on the teamsheet.

Jiri Skala - A fantastic first season at the club for the Czech forward as he finished up as the clubs top goalscorer and also the player with the most assists.

Year       Team              Country       League                     Position     Important Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 14th Joined the club in March 2012
2012/2013 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 2nd Playoff Semi-Finalists
2013/2014 Boston United England Blue Square Bet North 1st Promoted!, FA trophy Finalists
2014/2015 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 15th FA Trophy Winners!
2015/2016 Boston United England Blue Square Bet Premier 1st Promoted as league champions, FA Trophy Winners[/Code]

[b]Next Season[/b]

I have some interesting news regarding my future. More to follow...

Shortly after our BSP campaign finished I received this offer :

CliveHackettNews_Inbox-4.png

I delayed it a week so I could lead Boston to the FA Trophy but it's a no brainer for me, I will be taking this job. A mammoth transfer and wage budget for a side in League 1 is to tempting to turn down.

Boston United Record

CliveHackettHistory_Overview.png

A New Chapter : Ipswich Town

667.png

My New Home - Portman Road

Capacity - 30,311 All-Seater

010327327557500.jpg

2015/16 League One Table

npowerFootballLeagueOneOverview_Stages.png

A season of massive under achievement for the club. After reaching the playoffs in the previous season, they would have been expected to push on and get promoted but it just didn't happen, which is why I'm now in the job. After a quick look at the squad, I can see why the club struggled. Thankfully the board seem willing to back me in terms of providing the funds needed to rebuild the squad(see post above) and I also have a full pre-season to try and shape the team how I want it.

Wow, nice jump up from Boston United! You did that club proud and they should be happy for your career growth. Congrats at landing at Ipswich! :applause:

I hope they are. I felt I left in the best possible way by seeing out the league season and FA Trophy final before considering offers from other clubs.

Congratz on the reaching the football league, and that's a nice jump up and Ipswich has the potential for even more advancement :applause:

I feel quite fortunate to have landed this job. A club with great history but have fallen on hard times and money to spend to move up the divisions.

Quite a jump up,best of luck with Ipswich :thup:

Thanks B.W.G

Great progress with Boston! A nice FA Trophy double as well, good luck in the bum of England! :thup:

Cheers HotChocolate

Good stuff landing the Ipswich job. Always good to get a job like that preseason too. Lot of time to mould it to your liking. Any thoughts about signing Skala? He looks very good for League 2, could possibly do a job for you at higher level and he's still only 19

I tried, but they want £1M for him and I'm sadly not willing to pay that much. It looks like he's off to Serie A

667.png

Ipswich Town - 2016/17 Season Preview

Board Expectations

npower Football League One - Get promoted Media Prediction - 5th

FA Cup - Reach the 3rd round

Carling Cup - Reach the 2nd round

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Not regarded as important

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £2M

Wage Budget - £185K p/w

Current Wage Bill - £112K p/w

Sqaud

Squad Depth Overview

Transfers

Key additions below :

Valon Berisha - My first signing as Ipswich boss. Looks a bargain, costing me just £200K.

Danny Haynes - Back for a second spell at the club after being surplus to requirements at Southampton.

Jason Puncheon - Another player surplus to requirements at Southampton. Should do well at this level.

Andrew Davies - An experienced and Inflentual figure. He was immediately named the clubs new captain upon arrival.

Lukas Jutkiewicz - The most controversial signing this summer as fans and club icons felt I spent too much on him. I probably did pay slightly over the odds, but he has silenced some sections of the support already after a brace on league début.

Opening league game :

IpswichvBarnetInformation_Overview.png

It would have been interesting to see how far you could have taken Boston, but the jump the Ipswich was clearly too good to not take up. And you left Boston in a very healthy state, taking them beyond anywhere they could really have hoped to be.

Berisha and Puncheon look the goods for mine. Promotion is always tough with a new club, with so many unknowns at the start of the season, but its certainly achievable. Quite a feather in your cap if you manage it.

It would have been interesting to see how far you could have taken Boston, but the jump the Ipswich was clearly too good to not take up. And you left Boston in a very healthy state, taking them beyond anywhere they could really have hoped to be.

Berisha and Puncheon look the goods for mine. Promotion is always tough with a new club, with so many unknowns at the start of the season, but its certainly achievable. Quite a feather in your cap if you manage it.

My original plan was to see out another year with Boston, make sure they were stable in the Football League before moving on to a bigger club, but as you say the opportunity to jump up another level and manage a big club like Ipswich was something I could not turn down(the budget was a major pull factor too :p). I'm delighted with the position I left Boston in, although I do fear for them this season as they have sold our best player from last season, Jiri Skala making a tidy £1M profit but have not re-invested any of that money into strengthening the squad.

In terms of promotion, again as you say it will be tough with a new club especially as I've pretty much re-shaped the whole team but I will be aiming for the playoffs, anything less will be a disappointment.

Good luck with Ipswich, should be able to take them back up to the Championship.

Jason Puncheon has turned out to be a bit of a legend for me at Hull, so I'm sure he'll be great for you too :thup:

Cheers AK, I hope Puncheon turns out to be a great buy, he hasn't been able to hit the ground running as he's just come back from injury but I'm slowly easing him into the first team.

Archived