Tottenham overpowered?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tottenham do not have this sort of money to spend, I grant you. Our wage ceiling is 80k p/wk MAX IRL. However, we are a rich club and a sizeable transfer fee is no the problem, but the wage. We therefore do not spend silly money on players because their wage would invariably correlate to the fee. So in this regard, it is unrealistic for Spurs to spend £100m + over a few seasons.

However, part of the reason we have only spent £25m appx. in the last 4-5 transfer windows is because we can't get rid of our deadwood for the most part. Therefore we cannot add more wage to the bill. If we get 4th this season, I do expect us to spend some serious money to stay there, but on young talents rather than established WC. In terms of Tottenham being too good in FM12? Well, if they are signing players like Cavani and Hamsik then what do you expect? If the starting squad is performing too well, then I strongly suggest this is a problem with the ME interpreting certain stats, and this is NOT exclusive to Tottenham! Though, Defoe can get you 30gls+ a season, but so could Walcott despite having a worse finishing stat. So, I would say it's the ME that is at fault here, rather than our researcher(although some his choices are suspect imo). Same why Adebayor is so good in game, because his physical stats overpower everything, no matter than he has shocking work-rate.

And bigman, you don't just rate players higher because the team has finished in the top 4 for 16yrs. i can't see why you don't get this. The fact is our squad is equal at worse IRL. Give us RVP and we'd be challenging for the league, and be leaving you in the dust!

I won the league on goal difference with Manchester United.

Luckily I scored a record 112 goals with a +70 goal difference, compared to Spurs' +55 GD.

Now that's not realistic, when did Man Utd ever score over 110 goals in the league? I demand a downgrade of Man Utd players.

Tottenham do not have this sort of money to spend, I grant you. Our wage ceiling is 80k p/wk MAX IRL. However, we are a rich club and a sizeable transfer fee is no the problem, but the wage. We therefore do not spend silly money on players because their wage would invariably correlate to the fee. So in this regard, it is unrealistic for Spurs to spend £100m + over a few seasons.

However, part of the reason we have only spent £25m appx. in the last 4-5 transfer windows is because we can't get rid of our deadwood for the most part. Therefore we cannot add more wage to the bill. If we get 4th this season, I do expect us to spend some serious money to stay there, but on young talents rather than established WC. In terms of Tottenham being too good in FM12? Well, if they are signing players like Cavani and Hamsik then what do you expect? If the starting squad is performing too well, then I strongly suggest this is a problem with the ME interpreting certain stats, and this is NOT exclusive to Tottenham! Though, Defoe can get you 30gls+ a season, but so could Walcott despite having a worse finishing stat. So, I would say it's the ME that is at fault here, rather than our researcher(although some his choices are suspect imo). Same why Adebayor is so good in game, because his physical stats overpower everything, no matter than he has shocking work-rate.

And bigman, you don't just rate players higher because the team has finished in the top 4 for 16yrs. i can't see why you don't get this. The fact is our squad is equal at worse IRL. Give us RVP and we'd be challenging for the league, and be leaving you in the dust!

This is pretty much what I was getting at, you just used prettier words. Never thought I’d agree with a Spud ;)

I think it's the 48-month issue really. I think transfer budgets in-game need to be slashed to a quarter. Drastic? Not really.

Let's say Spurs have "spent £25m" on average every season. This figure is the figure that is widely reported in the media. However, these figures usually represent the total (or close to the total) transfer fee and do not represent how much money actually leaves the club's accounts in the first year (i.e. how much is paid up front).

It is a given that most of this will be on a long-term basis (i.e. 24-48 months). In other words, £25m is arguably the 48-month budget, giving Spurs a yearly budget of around £6.25m. In other words, on your finance screen, your "transfer budget remaining" should be £6.25m, with the understanding that you can quadruple this to £25m if all your transfers are over 48 months.

In-game, however, since Spurs appear to have spent £25m on average every season, I can understand why some people think Spurs's "transfer budget" is £25m, and that "£25m" should appear in that finance screen under "transfer budget remaining". However, in-game, this implies that Spurs have roughly £100m (!) to spend over 48 months.

So the issue is that £25m needs to represent the 48-month transfer budget and that the game needs to enforce how much can be spent up front separately.

As an example: Bassong moved to Spurs for roughly what was reported to be £8m. However, £8m likely represents a deal that has been structured over multiple years and likely has a lot of clauses in it. So arguably, if Bassong was the only transfer Spurs made that season and that was their budget all spent, Spurs's 48-month transfer budget would have been around £8m, representing a "up front" transfer budget of £2m.

I have said before in my opinion there should be two budgets one you are given straight away and the other is what the board is willing to stretch to if monthly payments are made. If I am Sunderland and have £30 million to spend which is possible through selling players there is no way in hell that in real life the board would allow our manager to spend £120 million on transfers. I think you should be able to spend double or a figure made by judging potential future income.

the 'fact' is? i guess newcastle are better than spurs then? they are in better form and above u currently

tottenham are not better than arsenal till they finish above us

the 'fact' of the matter is, they are too good in my game and will get over 90 points in game

vermaelen and koscielny better than your cbs

chezney better than your keepers

sagna better than walker

ekotto is pretty error prone but better than santos, gibbs will eclipse him soon enough though

song better than your defensive midfielders

modric i'll give you and bale and vdv if u wan't a side with an amc

gervinho/theo better than lennon

van persie is better than any striker u have

"theo(lol)" and u call me a troll? he had a better output than bale last year, check the stats dimwit

fact is, tottenham won't challenge for the title because they can't afford world class players wages and they have a very average coach in terms of tactics, it DOES have bearing that u can't qualify for the champions league....

it is ridiculously unrealistic in my game that tottenham hotsupr have lost 2 games all season and are on course for 95 points and only a blind spurs fan would disagree

to make a side out of tottenham and arsenal

.......................rvp

bale.............................gervinho

..............wilshere...modric

.......................song

ekotto.....verm........kos.......sagna

.....................chezney

I actually did a little wee when I read this post. I haven't stopped laughing for about 10 minutes.

You sir, are a typical deluded gooner. Gervinho's only prominent feature is his forehead.

Your CB's are average, I'd have Ledley over any of them. Even Kaboul is settling in well, and Daws is a hero at times.

Sagna better than Walker? What? hahahha. Walker has changed the dynamics of our team and puts in a great shift, despite his young age.

Wil***** is a good player, I'd have him. RVP yes. Always loved him.

Keepers are a bit up in the air. I don't think either spurs or arsenal have a top top keeper atm, nor have we for many years.

Song better than Parker? really? REALLY??? Or Sandro?

you are deluded.

From a completely neutral perspective, I'd have to suggest I think Tottenham are the better side right now, and by quite some distance too.

I'm stunned to read the suggestion that Arsenal's central defence is better than Spurs': the stats don't lie. Arsenal have conceded 21 goals in the league, Tottenham 15. Do you all share Wenger's blind spot? Koscielny has some talent, but he's really raw and certainly not better than King or Dawson.

But it's not just in defence. Spurs midfield is stronger than Arsenal's in my opinion, and if I were to pick a midfield 4 then 3 of them would be Spurs players (Bale, Modric, Lennon/VDV). Hell, I'd suggest Kranjcar would get in the Arsenal team right now and he can't get a sniff at WHL!

You all deluded Spurs fans can say whatever you like but the fact of the matter is when you finish above us then you would be entitled to say you are better than us. Everyone values players differently and we can never be unbiased towards evaluating the two squads so the only way to say one is better than the other is wait for final league standings and lets if Spurs can FINALLY finish above Arsenal team. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm stunned to read the suggestion that Arsenal's central defence is better than Spurs': the stats don't lie. Arsenal have conceded 21 goals in the league, Tottenham 15. Do you all share Wenger's blind spot? Koscielny has some talent, but he's really raw and certainly not better than King or Dawson.

Yes our defense is better than Spurs that's for sure. The 21 goals we conceded included 8 goals at Manchester where we basically played with youth, reserves, and some first teamers.

Last 6 full season Conceded stats:

05-06: Arsenal 31; Spurs 38

06-07: Arsenal 35; Spurs 54

07-08: Arsenal 31; Spurs 61

08-09: Arsenal 37; Spurs 45

09-10: Arsenal 41; Spurs 41

10-11: Arsenal 43; Spurs 46

Yes stats don't freaking lie!

Yes our defense is better than Spurs that's for sure. The 21 goals we conceded included 8 goals at Manchester where we basically played with youth, reserves, and some first teamers.

So???? Do the youth and reserves represent your club??? Maybe you should just put your women team out there, I guess that will give you a better excuse. :D

So???? Do the youth and reserves represent your club??? Maybe you should just put your women team out there, I guess that will give you a better excuse. :D

Are you trying to be idiot on purpose? :lol: So what if they represent Arsenal FC, does that mean they get to start EPL away to Man United? Let's all play youth and reserve in EPL week in week out coz they too represent the club.

It wasn't meant as excuse but a reason as to why 8 goals were conceded in that match which subsequently decreased our GD heavily.

Are you trying to be idiot on purpose? :lol: So what if they represent Arsenal FC, does that mean they get to start EPL away to Man United? Let's all play youth and reserve in EPL week in week out coz they too represent the club.

It wasn't meant as excuse but a reason as to why 8 goals were conceded in that match which subsequently decreased our GD heavily.

Nobody asked them or even force to start. Who signs the players? Who picks the team? Who to blame? Nobody but your manager.

There is no such thing as if in football. Chelsea fans can say if Torres is at his peak, they will be scoring like crazy or Liverpool fans can also say if Carroll is as good as Shearer, they will not have drawn their last 3 home games. As long as you start with 11 players, it's a fair game. Do you see relegated clubs asking the Premier League for a chance not to be relegated if they had an injury-ravaged season?

Anyway, from how you replied, you seems to think that your team is good enough, go ahead and challenge for the title. Just be careful not be thrashed by Man City and then put out some lame reasons like our defenders are not that good, that's why we lost. :D

You all deluded Spurs fans can say whatever you like but the fact of the matter is when you finish above us then you would be entitled to say you are better than us. Everyone values players differently and we can never be unbiased towards evaluating the two squads so the only way to say one is better than the other is wait for final league standings and lets if Spurs can FINALLY finish above Arsenal team. I wouldn't hold your breath.

So you had to play youngsters. What you're actually saying is that your squad isn't strong enough, right? And what I'm saying is that right now (not for the last 6 years, right now) Spurs have a stronger squad than you. Spurs are missing both of their first choice central defenders, and yet they're still flying in the league as they have the squad to deal with injuries. Arsenal don't.

To be fair, if you've not got squad depth that's you problem. For years we've waited for your kids to mature and dominant the league and it never happens equating to the fact that Arsenal youth for the best part is over-rated. If you sell your best players and have nothing to back up your 1st teamers, then that's life. You can hardly start writing off conceded goals because 'we aint got our proper players available guv'.

Tbh, I'd rather have Sagna than Walker at the moment. Walker's definitely got a lot of potential and is great going forwards, but until he improves his positioning and remembers that he is primarily a defender, I'd rather take Sagna.

That said, Sagna, Szczesny and Van Persie are currently the only Arsenal players I'd have for my XI. And Wenger by a country mile if we were to pick which manager was better.

I won the league on goal difference with Manchester United.

Luckily I scored a record 112 goals with a +70 goal difference, compared to Spurs' +55 GD.

How did you only win the league on goal difference with that many goals. I scored 100+ goals with Man Utd 2 seasons in a row and won the league by miles. Managed to get 100 points and 100 goals. Not sure if I can get a goal difference of 100+

How did you only win the league on goal difference with that many goals. I scored 100+ goals with Man Utd 2 seasons in a row and won the league by miles. Managed to get 100 points and 100 goals. Not sure if I can get a goal difference of 100+

Most prob using the corner bug/exploit.

Spurs seem just about right in my game, finishing 4th in the first season and 5th in the second.

Man Utd, however, are ridiculous. They haven't bought any players of note, but they're destroying the league, having won 27 out of their last 28 matches (the only loss coming against me).

Rooney and Hernandez got 130 goals between them in the first two seasons.

Lets see:

Too much money.

Defence rated very highly.

1st season they finished 2nd (only sign 1 player Maicon) with the best defensive record

2nd season win Champions League and finish 1st in the Premiership (conceded least goals too)

Quite heated in here. Spurs this season are better than Arsenal. Arsenal wont make CL football, i'd bet my wife on it.

It will be Man City - Man Utd - Chelsea - Spurs - Arsenal - Liverpool.

Im a Blackburn fan btw

Your feeling my pain also then

9hou1.jpg

They're Spurs. They're the definition of bottlers. Huddlestone is not god.

I'll reinstall this game when the final patch comes out. I'm all for a challenge, but not when Huddlestone is scoring twice as many goals in a season on this game as he's scored in real life in his whole career.

I don't even blame the Spurs researcher. I blame whoever at SI decided that physical attributes were the most important in football.

I find them overpowered.

Not that they can outright win the league.

In the second season they are top of the table, alongside with united, but lead because of the GD.

But they got trashed by me 4-1 :D

They signed an African player who scored 28 goals in 10+ matches.

Rooney was still at 14 goals and my damiao was at 12/13 goals..

But they tend to slow down at the 25th game mark.

i will make a paypal bet to anyone that arsenal will finish above spurs

willing to accept it?

I too will bet with anyone who thinks spurs will finish above Arsenal.

Because spurs wont. Their form is temporary. They cant compete with the likes of Arsenal. Stadium wise, Merchandising wise, Reputation wise, Facilities wise and on many other factors.

Newcastle wont be in the top 4 too. Because people are realistic. Same applies to Spurs.

Newcastle is a great team, but they are on fire right now, they wont be on form for the whole season.

Most likely will be the 2 Manchesters club at the top.

Followed by Arsenal/ Chelsea (Unless their form changes)

Then Spurs/ Liverpool signings dont gel well, they got the depth but not much qualities.

Archived