[FM2012] Numbered Tactical Sliders modification

Octavianus[GER]

FM2012 Numbered Tactical Sliders v1.0 [English]

made by Octavianus

You never know how many klicks you made within your tactics?

This little modifcation adds numbers behind the sliders, so you always know how many klicks you've made.

--- Installation ---

If you open the archive you see several things: 2 folders, 3 xml-files and a Readme.

The Readme is just saying the same things below, so if you link my file anywhere else any other person can understand what to do without the need of being registered here in SI forums (well, I recommend everybody to register to the SI Forums nevertheless).

a) Using this mod for FM2012 Default Skin

Extract (not empty! just leave all the files within the folders) the folders to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\

Start FM, go to Preferences, choose the skin "Numbered Tactical Sliders". Changes will be applied immediately. ;)

Or choose "Numbered Tactical Sliders (Dark)" for applying to the Dark Default skin.

b) Using it within another skin/modification or personalised skin

Extract the 3 xml files to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\*yourskinname*\panels

(if your skin has no panels-folder, create one!)

Start FM and go to the Preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' and then click in the left corner at 'Reload Skin'. After the skin has reloaded please put the ticked boxes to the default setting.

--- Where can I find my *FM-UDF*? ---

UDF stands for User Data Folder ;)

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/

Or the Demo-destination (works the same, you will find it...)

This folder appears right after starting FM2012 for the first time!

You can also change this location of your UDF within the FM2012-options.

--- Notes ---

Many thanks to radestock's version from FM2009, he had the original idea: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=98658

This version is based on my previous versions

for FM2010: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/195918-FM2010-Numbered-Tactic-Sliders

and for FM2011: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/232570-FM11-RELEASED-Numbered-Tactic-Sliders-Skin-Mod

And massive thanks to radestock for his great BaseSkins and for his foolproof guides!

--- Changelog ---

v1 - released

--- Download ---

DOWNLOAD (mediafire)

Mirror: DOWNLOAD (gamefront)

--- Redistribution notes ---

Feel free to add these to your skins but be fair and link to this thread and/or mention my name in your credits. :)

Hope you enjoy it!

I don't know why but I wasn't allowed to add these pictures to the first post. Here you go:

--- What is he talking about? ---

"A picture is worth a thousand words" - actually I need two pictures :D

Without modification:

fm11withouttacticalsliodc0.jpg

With modification:

fm11withtacticalslider3h9p.jpg

Note: Pictures have been made in FM2011 but you'll get what I mean. ;)

Wait? 4? I count only 3:

player instructions.xml

player instructions new.xml

team instructions new.xml

And I have to admit that player instructions.xml isn't really necessary. After working out this file for another language I discovered that this file has no longer any purpose. But it isn't harmful to keep the file as well. :)

;7254679']Lol. Okay. Forget about the slider.xml. I haven't touched it anyway. So it is indeed the default xml and like I said above: It's not harmful to keep the file.

I thought I had deleted this yet but must have forgotten this.

Thnaks for clearing that up :thup:

Any chance you could do the training set ups like this? That would be a huge help. Love it and thanks for including the dark skin option too.
I've tried that for FM2010 and 2011 without success. I don't think they have changed the code to something editable therefore I'll have to say this should be impossible. :(

Because these sliders aren't available in all languages automatically. You need to translate all sliders separately. But maybe there could be some coding done. Well I'm glad to see that these sliders still work. Same pattern as last year.

Would be awesome to see this for the training section too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Octavianus,

I have tried to install the Numbered Tactical Sliders modification read your readme but don't work.

I made too: unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' and then click in the left corner at 'Reload Skin'

I not the the skin "Numbered Tactical Sliders"

I use the default skin white.

I don't understand, could you help me?

B/R

It doesn't work for me. I used numbered sliders since 2009 and never had any problems, but this one is not working.

I have fm installed on my E: drive and i have my user data folder on my E: drive. I extracted this file (the whole thing) to:

E:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin\My Documents\Sports Interactive 2012\skins

(the folder skins didn't exist so i created one)

I launch fm, but there are only 2 standard skins there. What's the deal?

Please create a blank txt file, rename it to config.xml and put the following code into it:

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->
   <boolean id="dont_scan" value="true"/>

<!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
   <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

Put this config.xml right into the skins folder and try it again. Try also to reload the current skin and take a look for the skins now.

@ginola1

Please delete the config.xmls and the readme right in this folder and just leave the two folders in there. Please do also reload your skin and check for my skins in the list afterwards.

Hey Octavianus,

thanks for the help, but it wasn't needed. I had fm 2011 installed, so there was some sort of conflict or something. I uninstalled it and now your numbered sliders work :) I cant play without my numbers. i'm lost without it!!! :) haha. Anyway, thanks. I'm off to create the best tactic the world ever saw ;)

@ginola1

We're talking of two things here. My French isn't that great but on the second screen there are no sliders that have to be numbered because there only 3 possible positions for them (left, center, right).

You can check my old versions. I haven't done numbered sliders for this specific area because there are only 3 options possible at each slider.

The rest works fine as far as I can see here. Could you please do the last screenshot for the same player in English? So I can check if there are missing sliders. But I guess that's all.

@Micko Fliperic

Lol. The FM2011 version is right here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/232570-FM11-RELEASED-Numbered-Tactic-Sliders-Skin-Mod

Surely the FM2012 version hasn't worked for you because the two folders were created to work in FM2012 only. There have also been slightly variations to this section from FM11. So better use the FM2011 version. :)

• 1 month later...
;7244700']

--- Installation ---

If you open the archive you see several things: 2 folders' date=' 3 xml-files and a Readme.

The Readme is just saying the same things below, so if you link my file anywhere else any other person can understand what to do without the need of being registered here in SI forums (well, I recommend everybody to register to the SI Forums nevertheless).

a) Using this mod for FM2012 Default Skin

Extract (not empty! just leave all the files within the folders) the [b']folders[/b] to:

*FM-UDF*\skins\

Start FM, go to Preferences, choose the skin "Numbered Tactical Sliders". Changes will be applied immediately. ;)

Or choose "Numbered Tactical Sliders (Dark)" for applying to the Dark Default skin.

Hope you enjoy it!

Hey, I've always used this with a custom Skin, but now I would like to use it with the default dark Skin.

I've tried adding the folder to

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins

But it didn't work..

I also tried adding the

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->
   <boolean id="dont_scan" value="true"/>

<!-- don't recurse the sub folders, as they are loaded separately in the settings manager -->
   <boolean id="dont_recurse" value="true"/>
</record>

config.xml, but it still didn't work.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, any help would be great.. thanks.

default skin as in those already in game or the edited default to enable backgrounds?

if defauly place the panels into a folder called panels in here My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

so it will be like so My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\panels

default skin as in those already in game or the edited default to enable backgrounds?

if defauly place the panels into a folder called panels in here My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\

so it will be like so My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\panels

Yeah, just the default Skin with the game.

That sorted it, cheers. :thup:

Archived