Gonna Party Like It's 2075

I thought it might be interesting to leave my game running in holiday mode over night to see the state of the English leagues a few years in the future. I ended up getting distracted by work and didn't get a chance to go back and check for a few days. Had a look now and the game had got to 2075 before crashing.

So, what to expect in the coming years.

Newport County to reach the Premier League and win the FA Cup

Wigan to drop down to Blue Square North by 2048. After brief revival they are now back down there

Norwich are also currently in the BSN

Other 'big' sides who are also non-league include Blackpool, Middlesborough and Preston

Gloucester, Colwyn Bay and AFC Telford are rocking it in the Championship with Chelsea

Notts County have won the League Cup 3 times inpast 6 seasons. Colwyn Bay won it in 2053

Notable World Cup winners include Belguim(2022), USA(2030), Austrailia(2050) England (2066)

England still haven't hosted another World Cup but got the Euros in 2028 and 2048

Nigeria are 4th in World rankings, Congo are 5th. Mali are 9th. England 22nd, Scotland 18th.

Anyone want to know how their club/country/player has faired?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give us an idea of AI sqaud strength? i.e. the teams that are currently dominating the top leagues and europe in the 2070's, do their squads look as good as those in the 2011-2015 quality-wise? Market values, attributes etc? Normally the longer you play the weaker the gameworld gets, just wanted to see if FM12 has any significant improvement in this area from last years game.

where is man utd! real madrid! Barcelona! fill us in on the big clubs!

I should have mentioned that I only had all the English League loaded up.

Man Utd have been ever present in the Premier League which they have won another 13 times but only won the Champions League twice, 2035&2036. More success in the Euro Cup which they have won 6 times. Managers have included Alex McLeish, Tony Pulis, Simon Grayson, John Arne Riise, Gareth Southgate and James Milner.

Barca and Real both still top the Euro Club rankings and have had the lions share of Championship League wins along with AC Milan and Liverpool(although that was back in the 2020's)

Can you give us an idea of AI sqaud strength? i.e. the teams that are currently dominating the top leagues and europe in the 2070's, do their squads look as good as those in the 2011-2015 quality-wise? Market values, attributes etc? Normally the longer you play the weaker the gameworld gets, just wanted to see if FM12 has any significant improvement in this area from last years game.

I'll come back to this one, deserves more time investigating.

How are Wolves doing and have they won anything at all?

League. Lots of yoyoing between Prem and Champ. No lower though. High finish of 5th

Euro Cup. 6 appearances, quarter final in 2067 was their best attempt

FA Cup. No win, lost to Chelsea in 2027/28 final

League Cup. No win, lost to Notts County in 2069/70

So sorry, you have won nowt apart from a couple of Championship titles :)

Quality! Where are Bradford City?

League - Lots of bouncing around League 1 and 2 but flirted with the Championship on 3 occasions. Now back in Div 2

FA Cup - Not great. Best was a recent Semi Final lost on pens against Bournemouth in 2071/72

League Cup - Even Worse. One Quarter Final visit

JPT - Couple of visits to the final. Lost against Cardiff and Cheltenham.

So sorry, nothing exciting for you either. You also get Steve Kean as manager!

oh and Leeds + Grimsby

Leeds

League - Popped into Prem for 1 season but mostly Champ/Div 1

Cups - No wins in either FA or League

Darren Bent is a future manager

Grimsby

League - more misery. It's all about the non league. Lots of BQP and BQN. Even down to Northern League a couple of times

Cups - Won FA Trophy back in 2012, few final losses after that. Couple of FA Cup 3rd rounds

League. Lots of yoyoing between Prem and Champ. No lower though. High finish of 5th

Euro Cup. 6 appearances, quarter final in 2067 was their best attempt

FA Cup. No win, lost to Chelsea in 2027/28 final

League Cup. No win, lost to Notts County in 2069/70

So sorry, you have won nowt apart from a couple of Championship titles :)

Sounds pretty realistic to me :D

FA Cup - Not great. Best was a recent Semi Final lost on pens against Bournemouth in 2071/72

Did Bournemouth win the cup that year? Were they Premiership at the time? Rarely see a holiday game where the mighty Cherries get good.

Any league wins for the boys in red and black?

Can you tell me how Pompey have been doing?

Very up and down. Actually it was down and up. A slippery slide down to the Blue Square South by 2036/37. 20 years of non league football for them. A recovery though. Between 2052 and 62 they surged back up to the Championship where they bounce between Champ and Div 1 ever since.

No trophys apart from the league titles as they rose through the leagues. Plenty of final losses in the minor cups. Managers include Ian Holloway, Alan Pardew,, Bryan Robson, Peter Reid and Paul Dickov.

Did Bournemouth win the cup that year? Were they Premiership at the time? Rarely see a holiday game where the mighty Cherries get good.

Any league wins for the boys in red and black?

Bournemouth have faired very well. Started bobbing between Leagues 1 and 2 but hit Champ in 2031 and Prem in 2040. Plenty of top division action since then. You actually lost 1-3 against Newport County in the 71/72 final, sorry.

You did win the FA Cup in 2070/71 and the League Cup in 2043/44.

The 2074/75 season was their best in the premier league, 7th place. I'll keep an eye on them as I plan to holiday again.

A couple of ventures in the Euro Cup but not past the group stages.

If you can zip it to <100MB you can upload to www.upload.ee otherwise rapidshare or similar (as much as i dislike those sites they are useful).

How did Arsenal get on :)

League - As with United, ever present in the Premier. Pretty much all top half but only 4 more titles.

Cups - 5 x FA Cup, 6 x League Cup, 7 x Euro Cup. 1 x Champions League winner in 2034 and followed it with Super Cup and World Club Champs.

Clarke Carlisle manages you for 8 seasons

You are amazing! What a good idea?! I may have to copy you!

Any news on Leicester? Who did they get after Sven? I'm gonna put my house on it!!

Leicester soon became Premier League regulars :( A high finish of 4th in 2059 so a Champions League season where they lost to Barca in the 1st Knockout Stage. Plenty of Euro Cup attempts but only got to Semis(lost to Man Utd)

Sven left in December 2012, Lee Clarke took over.

Cups. 5 x FA Cup, 3 x League Cup

Hi Trents...excellent thread.

Could you tell me about Millwall...please

Oh dear, opposite of Pompey. After reaching the Premier League in the 2050s they have slid to their current position of Blue Square Premier.

No Trophys, even the promotions weren't title wins. Not many finals either, bit depressing really.

Bournemouth have faired very well. Started bobbing between Leauges 1 and 2 but hit Champ in 2031 and Prem in 2040. Plenty of top division action since then. You actually lost 1-3 against Newport County in the 71/72 final, sorry.

You did win the FA Cup in 2070/71 and the League Cup in 2043/44.

The 2074/75 season was their best in the premier league, 7th place. I'll keep an eye on them as I plan to holiday again.

A couple of ventures in the Euro Cup but not past the group stages.

Thanks. Nice to see my club doing so well in a save for a change.

We now have a Russian owner in real life (not that I realised it had been reported officially) so maybe we can live up to FM's computations.

I see you're in Farnborough too. I spent my late teens to early twenties studying at the very fashionable Farnborough Tech. I quite miss the town actually, even though it had no night life. :eek:

Come on you pies! Did we do well in Europe? Thats Notts County not the big ugly one from up north ;)

Currently in Premier League but been mostly Championship over past 60 seasons.

No FA Cups but the Leagues Cups mentioned before saw Euro Cup footy. Twice out in Group Stage and once in the first knockout stage.

John Barnes manages you in 2018 :)

Oh dear, opposite of Pompey. After reaching the Premier League in the 2050s they have slid to their current position of Blue Square Premier.

No Trophys, even the promotions weren't title wins. Not many finals either, bit depressing really.

Wow...just like real life, mediocrity mixed in with heaps of disapointment...hey ho !!

Thanks

What about Sheffield Wednesday? Thanks

Very Good. Premier League by 2014!. Couple of slips but now ever present in top div since 2021. 3 Titles too, and plenty of Championship league action.

Best in Champs league was a Final loss to Real Madrid in 2057. The season before was a Euro Cup final loss to Man Utd.

Stadium now at 48612 capacity.

1 x FA Cup, 5 x League Cup

Great thread, how about Bristol Rovers? How are they doing?

A slow slide to the Blue Square South by 2031. but then a rise to Div 1/2 for most of the time. 1 season in Championship in 2067/68

1 Cup, the FA Trophy in 2030 :)

I see you're in Farnborough too. I spent my late teens to early twenties studying at the very fashionable Farnborough Tech. I quite miss the town actually, even though it had no night life. :eek:

Nice, I spend more time in the Midlands now myself though. I usually manage Farnborough in my saves as I still follow them, would rather not remember this weeks trip down to the West Country though.

Crewe Alexandra please???

Not for the faint hearted. Down to Blue Square North by 2016, up to Championship by 2026, Non-league again in 2051 and Div 1 since 2063.

A league Cup win in 2030 was probably the highlight although Hearts stopped you reaching the Euro group stages

What about Blackburn and Shrewsbury?

Cheers mate

Blackburn, amazingly, have been ever present in the Prem. No titles but a few 4th finishes so Champs League action. Best was a recent QF loss to Arsenal in 2074. Euro Cup winner in 2055! Beat Valencia then won Super Cup against Ath Madrid.

2 x FA Cups and 2 x League Cups

The Shrews are currently in Div 1 and have been boringly steady around the Champ-Div 2 region. 2 Trophies. Both JPT in 2043 and 2072

Archived