The Santos Experience

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for this thread cleon a really amazing read, I play similar to how you have set out but there have been some very useful bits that I will use at some point. I have not set any custom shouts and I may use the same ones that you have custom made.

Still using 4-4-2 in BSP and now League 2 in England. Works great still especially with the shouts etc. Very versatile. Easy to get round, through or over bottleneck opposition tactics and with some decent passers you can dominate possession if you set it up right. I have had a few matches topping 70% possession and winning just 2 or 3 -0 all with young frees. You dont need cricket scores just dominance! Whoever says its dead has no clue how to make a decent tactic. 3 versions of the same tactic saw me decisively win the BSP and now I am sitting in the last play off place in season 2 with Kidderminster.

Great read so far, having a look at training at the moment and your preseason looks interesting. I havent done much with that yet, is it making a real difference?

I would like to see the results of two seasons with the same personnel, one with lots of physical pre-season ans one without, see if there is a difference.

Cleon, I've been around here awhile, I know your name so a quick google can work wonders ;)

Unless something interesting has happened or this is a shared account of course.

Either way you are entitled to your privacy so I will respectfully back off :)

On a different note, good luck with the wedding etc

Cleon, I've been around here awhile, I know your name so a quick google can work wonders ;)

Unless something interesting has happened or this is a shared account of course.

Either way you are entitled to your privacy so I will respectfully back off :)

On a different note, good luck with the wedding etc

Just because you been around here a while doesn't mean you know my gender. I am female I assure you, anyone at SI can confirm it as they have met me several times before. People shouldn't assume things.

Still using 4-4-2 in BSP and now League 2 in England. Works great still especially with the shouts etc. Very versatile. Easy to get round, through or over bottleneck opposition tactics and with some decent passers you can dominate possession if you set it up right. I have had a few matches topping 70% possession and winning just 2 or 3 -0 all with young frees. You dont need cricket scores just dominance! Whoever says its dead has no clue how to make a decent tactic. 3 versions of the same tactic saw me decisively win the BSP and now I am sitting in the last play off place in season 2 with Kidderminster.

Great read so far, having a look at training at the moment and your preseason looks interesting. I havent done much with that yet, is it making a real difference?

I would like to see the results of two seasons with the same personnel, one with lots of physical pre-season ans one without, see if there is a difference.

I can't tell a difference yet no between using pre season schedules or not. Still seems the same to me, although some of the attribute gains I've seen are amazing during a season off some of my players. Which I will be posting about :)

Wow Cleon, i've been reading these forums since i registered back in 04 and i was sure you were a male, just from what i read, but i guess i was wrong. I apologize, i realize gender has nothing to do with tactics and such when it comes to fm, i guess i just always thought i was reading a male poster. More power to you regardless, i've always enjoyed your take on the game and it's great that we get the opportunity of people like yourself sharing their fm experience, with us mortals. I hope you get to talk about match strategies soon, and once again, congrats on your marriage/honeymoon.

Just because you been around here a while doesn't mean you know my gender. I am female I assure you, anyone at SI can confirm it as they have met me several times before. People shouldn't assume things.

I can't tell a difference yet no between using pre season schedules or not. Still seems the same to me, although some of the attribute gains I've seen are amazing during a season off some of my players. Which I will be posting about :)

I'm pretty sure that primary goal of pre-season/fitness schedules is slightly different than normal ones. Increased fitness training seems to prevent dropping physical attributes after long time break between seasons or after longterm injury. Attributes that player already lost need to be trained again by his regular training but fitness training ASAP after injury can stop last wave of drop.

Cleaon im asking advice regarding tactics for me mine were working pretty easily but now things are getting tougher coming to the end of the season.

I started with a 4-1-2-1-2, Balanced, Standard, Short passing and Zonal marking every thing else was default. I was winning then in the scout reports noticed that nearly all of the teams conceded a lot of goals when playing against a 4-1-2-2-1 (4-5-1 standard formation) so i changed to this with Balanced, Standard, Short passing and Zonal marking every thing else was default. went on a run of unbeaten in like 18 games but since roughly October to now end of Jan transfer window the team just doesn't seem to be performing as good as it was. I am fighting for draws etc etc.

I am thinking that this is now down to the teams now seeing me as the dominant team in the league and they have changed to try counter me but for the life of me I am not experienced enough to know what to do to break them down now. I have tried playing contorl etc I tend to control them and get lots of shots of but I am lucky if I can get more than 2 goals now when I was smashing them earlier in the season.

Reading here I saw your point about playing wider to counter the 4-2-2-2 this is something I have never changed and possibly this is what needs done in many of my games.

Just looking for some advice on what you do later in the season when its harder to beat the teams.

Hmm I'm trying to update the thread but imageshack wont allow me to upload images, it's asking me to upgrade to premium account, which kind of sucks. I'll try and find a solution and post the next bits.

im using the 442 with my liverpool team and having mixed results. only change i have made is carroll set to TM. do you reckon i should adjust the team settings slightly as i dont necessarily have the strongest side in the league? just been away to spurs and got pumped 4nil not unlike real life! i started with strategy set to counter.

Will you be updating at all cleon? I'm looking forward to learning how your asymmetric formation works.

Aye I've got it all wrote out but need to find a image host who wont delete the pictures. Which is proving difficult atm :(

Cheers, I've already looked at those though and they all come with a bandwidth cap, which I will use almost instantly with a site like SI. I'm gonna have to have a look around tomorrow and probably have to buy some hosting or summet :(

Cheers, I've already looked at those though and they all come with a bandwidth cap, which I will use almost instantly with a site like SI. I'm gonna have to have a look around tomorrow and probably have to buy some hosting or summet :(

just get a pro account at photobucket, its dirt cheap. unlimited images and unlimited bandwith for like 20$ /yr

Download http://www.dropbox.com and put the images in the public folder in the dropbox on your computer and you can use that to host the images. It a great little client that anything you pop into the normal folder on your desktop will be sent to dropbox website and you can host stuff in the public folder

Alternately

Email and I will set you up a FTP account on FM Pundit were you can just throw up images to use.

Download http://www.dropbox.com and put the images in the public folder in the dropbox on your computer and you can use that to host the images. It a great little client that anything you pop into the normal folder on your desktop will be sent to dropbox website and you can host stuff in the public folder

Alternately

Email and I will set you up a FTP account on FM Pundit were you can just throw up images to use.

Tom you are a life saver mate, I'll mail you :) and I'll remove ur mail addy from this thread to save you the spam :)

Right I think I'm all sorted now and should start to update regular again either later today or tomorrow. All the stuff I wrote for season 1 and 2 though will be tricky to sort out as all the images were lost. So I'm thinking of keeping it short and sweet about those seasons and do like a summary and start from season 3 been the detailed bits.

Archived