Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I very rarely back the favourites or winners. Everytime they have, they've usually failed or died :(. I try not to pick horses from previous years as well. But had to make an exception this year as none of the names really jumped out at me and quite a lot of the them have ran in it before.

really like nr8, how he makes that extra inch of space for himself by slowing down and take two touches to ether side and then just casually stick it in the corner

According to twitter its all down to bad defending :D

I did watch that video and think, 'Jesus those defenders don't half dive in needlessly'.

Can't take that away from the quality though, his balance and agility is incredible. The way he shifts his body weight side to side, you genuinely have no idea which way he will go. Commit, and he is either put you on your ass, put it through your legs or he has already scored :D

I did watch that video and think, 'Jesus those defenders don't half dive in needlessly'.

Can't take that away from the quality though, his balance and agility is incredible. The way he shifts his body weight side to side, you genuinely have no idea which way he will go. Commit, and he is either put you on your ass, put it through your legs or he has already scored :D

He has great balance and agility age, so composed too.

No doubt he is a cracking player, but I think he would find it more difficult if he came to a country where defenders can actually defend.

So naive about Brazilian football.

Your reply also hints that the English can defend? You having a laugh? :D

So naive about Brazilian football.

Your reply also hints that the English can defend? You having a laugh? :D

Did you see the tackle on Ronaldinho recently? And I think it was the goal Neymar scored that was up for goal of the year with FIFA where he just coasted through the defenders and they didn't even bother trying to put a foot in.

I'm also not talking about the English. I am talking about players across Europe where they are tactically better and the defenders are generally better.

Did you see the tackle on Ronaldinho recently? And I think it was the goal Neymar scored that was up for goal of the year with FIFA where he just coasted through the defenders and they didn't even bother trying to put a foot in.

I'm also not talking about the English. I am talking about players across Europe where they are tactically better and the defenders are generally better.

You said 'if he came to a country' which suggest you classed the EPL.

Which league have a strong defence and are known for good defenders? Germany and? Can't think of any others tbh other than maybe Italy?

You're example about the tackle and coasting past defenders also applies to all the top leagues, we see it happening week in and week out.

You said 'if he came to a country' which suggest you classed the EPL.

Which league have a strong defence and are known for good defenders? Germany and? Can't think of any others tbh other than maybe Italy?

You're example about the tackle and coasting past defenders also applies to all the top leagues, we see it happening week in and week out.

I should have said 'if he went to a country' then :D.

Germany and Italy he would probably find things a bit more difficult in. I'm not saying he would struggle because he is a quality player, but I said he would find things a more difficult. I think it would be the same over here. Like I said, I am not saying he would struggle.

Love to see him on a cold, windy night in Stoke.

[/cliché]

On another note, why do I seem to have ahad a post deleted?

No way would he go to a Championship club :D

Which post?

Edit - Ah I know why. Because certain individuals are crying about it and been far too serious about the comment made.

Christ I posted that ages ago - and it's only just been deleted?? Mods are slacking.

Saw no reason to delete it before but had 3 PM's about it last night. So rather than draw attention to you I'd keep the peace.

I told you, some people just follow certain users around the forum and try picking up on every single mistake. Especially in forums they never participate in.

Saw no reason to delete it before but had 3 PM's about it last night. So rather than draw attention to you I'd keep the peace.

I told you, some people just follow certain users around the forum and try picking up on every single mistake. Especially in forums they never participate in.

Christ almighty. :D

Who are these users, I'd like to know.........

Time to take my leave it seems. Sick of having non offensive posts deleted just because some soft buggers may take offence.

Telling someone to stop talking bollocks and calling them an utter fool isn't acceptable though even if its true. Sometimes it's better to say nothing.

Listen Tom, we like you and although you can **** us off at times (trust me, you can) we do take 99% of what you say with a pinch of salt. That said, others around the forums don't and can easily take offence to it. It is a case of picking your battles, and although you're right sometimes, it is best to not say a thing.

Knickers in a twist dude, knickers in a twist.

I can't honestly believe he'd be bright enough to realise I was insulting him, nevermind report me.

He might not but you'd be surprised at who would from that thread. I just thought I'd save you the trouble of having another mark against your name on the off chance someone did report it.

Not everyone knows you like we do from the OT thread, so if any of the other mods see it and deal with it when myself or SRL isn't online they might look at your post history and decide you are a **** and ban you for a week or something. Because they won't know about you and know that you're messing around and don't mean any malice.

Cleon, remember a year ago you posted goods to eat before and after exercise and foods not good to eat before etc etc. Well, to save from going back through the thread. Can you name them again please. I did lose a stone and a half in 2/3 weeks but put that back on towards the end of my stay at Morrisons and when I got my new job.

I need to get back on the fitness starting tonight. Considering going for a run.

Not everyone knows you like we do from the OT thread, so if any of the other mods see it and deal with it when myself or SRL isn't online they might look at your post history and decide you are a **** and ban you for a week or something. Because they won't know about you and know that you're messing around and don't mean any malice.

This is completely true mind Tom. Christ, when I gave you that infraction some would have banned you straight up for that.

This is completely true mind Tom. Christ, when I gave you that infraction some would have banned you straight up for that.

Silly people are silly. :(

On a serious note, I do actually appreciate what my Mod friends do for me. At times I just get a touch annoyed, especially the times when I don't think I've done much wrong. (You know, like all the time).

Cleon, remember a year ago you posted goods to eat before and after exercise and foods not good to eat before etc etc. Well, to save from going back through the thread. Can you name them again please. I did lose a stone and a half in 2/3 weeks but put that back on towards the end of my stay at Morrisons and when I got my new job.

I need to get back on the fitness starting tonight. Considering going for a run.

Anything sugary, like sweets, doughnuts, cake etc.

Try and avoid anything that looks like it was grown in the ground or green.

read up on this word, and let it dictate your diet

You lost over 20lbs in a couple of weeks? That cannot be healthy, surely?

You lost over 20lbs in a couple of weeks? That cannot be healthy, surely?

It probably wasn't healthy. But considering I was already just under 18 stone it seemed good enough. I'd cut out all the **** that I was eating. I was eating and drinking alot of it as well. I was probably drinking maybe 2 pints+ of fizzy pop a day. If I was on an early at work(usually 3, sometimes 4 days a week), I would eat 2 sausage cobs for breakfast. At dinner, I'd usually get sweets or something that wasn't healthy and then for tea, it was a lot better as my mum cooked. If I was on a late, I would just eat **** at work and then eat **** when I got in. The only exercise I was doing was that at work, which whilst it wasn't alot, kept my weight the same for a few years.

I then stopped eating and drinking the crap. If I wanted something sugary that was bad, I'd either eat an apple or drink a cup of tea. I started going to the gym more and start eating more healthily.