Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I have at least one late a week. Which is good as I get a lie in and catch up with sleep. When I did a week of nights, it's comparable to a week of earlies. It seems like a good idea at first. But when you're only getting 6/7 hours sleep, it starts to drain you.

I got a decent amount of sleep when I worked nights. Got home at 6am watched TV and played computer until 10am slept until 5pm got up had some food then off to work at 9.30pm.

I have to be up at 7.30am for work and never sleep before 3am usually.

I can easily survive on 4 hours a day (I know it isn't good for me), at least I don't have insomnia anymore and actually sleep. Went 4 days without a wink of sleep in Decemeber, that included 2 nights out and a football match... but then would sleep and go another 3 days without sleeping, it was horrible. I wasn't tired I just never had energy.

4 days? Were you on drugs?

I found it quite easy to change my sleep pattern from mornings to nights.

I didn't, I did 4am starts until 3.30pm 5 days a week and 4am until 12pm on a Saturday for 7 years. Then I changed jobs and it was 4pm until 4am 5 days a week. Still never had a normal sleep pattern since :(

I thought you mentioned baker at some point before.

Yups left school at 14 to work there. I actually did my work experience there and they offered me a full time place and because I only bothered with school stuff for the sports side of things I accepted. Best move I ever did, learnt such a lot about life.

Just got in. I had to go to Darlington to pick my girlfriends sister up fron the train station because she thought it was a good idea to miss the stop at Durham like a clip and then couldnt get back. Muggins here was nominated for the journey.

Really? I don't think I know anyone under the age of 60 who doesn't like Chinese food.

Indeed. I dont enjoy it that much. The only thing I would probably get is soft noodles, chips & gravy which isnt very chinesy to be fair.

Without drug binges, like cocaine and methamphetamine I'm pretty sure 4 days without sleep is impossible.

Impossible?

Cleon this happened to me half a year ago. 100% sure it is possible...

Impossible?

Cleon this happened to me half a year ago. 100% sure it is possible...

If you did without drugs then you are deemed clinically insane and need professional help as your body begins to shut down and by the 4th day you would be hallucinating. The body finds ways to make you sleep after 72 hours and if your brain doesn't do that, then there is something severley wrong with you. Go and read up on it.

Why do I need to read up on something that has happened to me Cleon?! I don't understand why you believe this as not possible.

I came in from a night out Wednesday night, couldn't sleep and just stayed up and from then I didn't sleep at all until I slept Sunday evening after football through complete exhaustion. Everyone at football saying how ill I looked and out of it.

I didn't hallucinate through out the 4 days, maybe they should write a book on me? Then you could read it and believe it.

Why do I need to read up on something that has happened to me Cleon?! I don't understand why you believe this as not possible.

I came in from a night out Wednesday night, couldn't sleep and just stayed up and from then I didn't sleep at all until I slept Sunday evening after football through complete exhaustion. Everyone at football saying how ill I looked and out of it.

I didn't hallucinate through out the 4 days, maybe they should write a book on me? Then you could read it and believe it.

While it is possible only for those who are clinically insane.

And it really is impossible to go 4 days without sleep without hallucinating.

Go read up because you seem to defy every single case study and analysis as you claim you didn't hallucinate.

Nah **** the book, it should be a film :thup:

Sorry Cleon, it can't be true.

I had forgotten that because you don't believe it, or refuse to believe that I must be lying.

What a great mistake I have made.

Jesus get over yourself, I didn't sleep in 4 days... not impossible. I didn't hallucinate... not impossible. I didn't breakdown into a insane wreck... not impossible. The fact you sit there and refuse to believe something which unless I 'hallucinated' the whole thing, most definitely happened makes me laugh.

Sorry Cleon, it can't be true.

I had forgotten that because you don't believe it, or refuse to believe that I must be lying.

What a great mistake I have made.

Jesus get over yourself, I didn't sleep in 4 days... not impossible. I didn't hallucinate... not impossible. I didn't breakdown into a insane wreck... not impossible. The fact you sit there and refuse to believe something which unless I 'hallucinated' the whole thing, most definitely happened makes me laugh.

It's doctors and such who say its impossisble and by the 4th day you hallucinate, black out and such.

I don't really care what you think about me either, no need to become a knobhead with me is there.

I wouldn't worry about. There's too many around here who are like that as soon as they are shown to be incorrect. Best just to ignore them. :p

Aye I will. I know I'm a **** but id be same here or face to face unlike many.

Off to Scarbrough again tomorrow for day, whats everyone else got planned?

I am at work tomorrow morning & then have a meeting in the afternoon. One which I am not looking forward to at County Hall in Durham :(.

How are things down in Scarbrough anyway?

Aye I will. I know I'm a **** but id be same here or face to face unlike many.

Just like me. :brock:

I've got work tomorrow, half seven until half four as I've got to be in early for a meeting.

I am at work tomorrow morning & then have a meeting in the afternoon. One which I am not looking forward to at County Hall in Durham :(.

How are things down in Scarbrough anyway?

Didn't manage to get off Tuesday as the plasterer came at 5pm Monday and decided he was coming Tuesday to finish the kitchen rather than Thursday. Luckily though my mum got the all clear so was able to switch days and go tomorrow.

What's the county hall? same as a town hall?

It's doctors and such who say its impossisble and by the 4th day you hallucinate, black out and such.

I don't really care what you think about me either, no need to become a knobhead with me is there.

How is it becoming a knobhead (changed from your original post of calling me a knobhead) when all I am doing is speaking truth and you brushing it off due to a Wikipedia page you once read.

Myself being a living and breathing example of you being wrong. I have nothing else to say on the matter, my words will never be loud enough to reach you on that highest of high horses you have perched yourself upon on these forums.

How is it becoming a knobhead (changed from your original post of calling me a knobhead) when all I am doing is speaking truth and you brushing it off due to a Wikipedia page you once read.

Myself being a living and breathing example of you being wrong. I have nothing else to say on the matter, my words will never be loud enough to reach you on that highest of high horses you have perched yourself upon on these forums.

How many times, read the ****ing post. It's doctors and medical officials who say it not me. I guess they know jack **** though.

Anyways ignore me as I'll not reply or acknowledge you again you *****. If you wanna take it further PM me.

Just like me. :brock:

I always find it to be the best approach.

Didn't manage to get off Tuesday as the plasterer came at 5pm Monday and decided he was coming Tuesday to finish the kitchen rather than Thursday. Luckily though my mum got the all clear so was able to switch days and go tomorrow.

What's the county hall? same as a town hall?

Good news about your Mam. Happy with that :).

County Hall is bigger than a Town Hall, but similar in certain aspects. Rather than it solely focussing said town, it covers the whole of County Durham.

Oh dear :lol:

County Hall is bigger than a Town Hall, but similar in certain aspects. Rather than it solely focussing said town, it covers the whole of County Durham.

For things like council tax, rent, housing, refuge etc?

Still got a few tickets for WAR event at Don Valley Stadium Sheffield on 22nd September if anyone is interested?